Dr. Jihad Mustapha, MD

Dr. Jihad Mustapha, MD

Cardiology  ·
Dr. Jihad Mustapha, MD is a cardiology specialist in Grand Rapids, MI and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from St George's University in 1995 and specializes in cardiology and interventional cardiology.Read his story

1525 E Beltline Ave NE Ste 101

Grand Rapids, MI 49525

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Cofinity
  • Health Net Federal Services
  • Meridian Health Plan
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Mustapha

See how frequently Dr. Mustapha performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
Peripheral Artery Catheterization
Vascular Disease

Dr. Mustapha's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Mustapha's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mustapha "As a young boy in Lebanon, I witnessed civil war and benefited from parents who taught me to always keep going and strive for more. When I immigrated to the United States, I knew that education and hard work held the keys to my future. Today, my medical practice reflects the lessons my parents taught me and my commitment to always learn more. I am board certified in internal medicine, cardiology and interventional cardiology. I have special interest in peripheral vascular disease (PVD), critical limb ischemia (CLI) and amputation prevention. I regularly lecture in Grand Rapids, around the United States and internationally teaching other physicians about the newest research on and treatment of PVD and CLI. In the same way blood vessels in your heart can become blocked, vessels in your legs and feet can become blocked. Left untreated, these blockages can become painful, cause sores that won’t heal, and possibly lead to amputation or death. I am committed to helping patients overcome PVD and CLI so they can lead productive, fulfilling lives. I am a graduate of Wayne State University and St. George University School of Medicine. I completed residency at Saint Mary’s Health Care and Spectrum Health Hospital. I also completed cardiology and interventional and peripheral fellowships at Louisiana State University School of Medicine."

This content was provided by Dr. Mustapha "Quite simply, I care for patients with the same care and concern I have for my family. I understand that my patients are mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, grandparents, husbands, wives and more.

I am committed to providing the best patient experience so my patients can lead their best lives. "

• Cardiology
  • Interventional Cardiology

Dr. Mustapha does not have any board certifications listed.

• Aneurysm
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Venous Hypertension

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• St George's University
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • St Mary's Health Svcs
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • St Mary's Health Svcs
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • La State University Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Mustapha has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mustapha has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mustapha does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mustapha and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mustapha's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mustapha to family and friends

Dr. Mustapha's Performance

Dr. Mustapha Says:
"

I value your feedback. Your comments will help me continue to provide the best care for my patients.

Patients with a history of diabetes, smoking, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and obesity and who are over the age of 70 are at the greatest risk for PVD.

If you or someone you know is facing amputation, has leg cramping or pain with walking, leg pain at rest or has sores or wounds that will

...

Exceptional Vascular Surgeon! He & Dr. Vinayak Manohar (Cardiologist) were instrumental in saving my father's right foot and most of his left leg when Spectrum wanted to amputate w/o trying to save the limb. Would be hard to find a better or more caring vascular surgeon anywhere. Heartbroken when...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Excellent and caring physician, He is currently practicing in a new location Advanced Cardiac and Vascular Amputation Prevention Centers 1525 E Beltline Ave NE Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Mustapha is the best Cardiologist ever. He is so kind and knowledgeable. A very positive forward thinking person. He is the BEST! I started going to Metro Heart & Vascular because of Dr. Mustapha. They have lost a great person and doctor if Dr. Mustapha goes elsewhere. Dr. Mustapha, please...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1
Such a caring physician and very up front. Have had as my cardiologist for many years and trust his opinion with my life.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I underwent a bilateral iliac artery Stent procedure. I was told I would be able to resume normal activities after a week of recovery. I continued to have severe pain 9 months later. I called their office repeatedly. I was told I was doing too much. After they cancelled my appointment a 3rd time, I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option3