Dr. Jihad A. Mustapha, MD

Dr. Jihad A. Mustapha, MD

Cardiology | Male | 49 years old

As a young boy in Lebanon, I witnessed civil war and benefited from parents who taught me to always keep going and strive for more. When I immigrated to the United States, I knew that education and hard work held the keys to my future. Today, my medical practice reflects the lessons my parents taught me and my commitment to always learn more. I am board certified in internal medicine, cardiology and interventional cardiology. I have special interest in peripheral vascular disease (PVD), critical limb ischemia (CLI) and amputation prevention. I regularly lecture in Grand Rapids, around the United States and internationally teaching other physicians about the newest research on and treatment of PVD and CLI. In the same way blood vessels in your heart can become blocked, vessels in your legs and feet can become blocked. Left untreated, these blockages can become painful, cause sores that won’t heal, and possibly lead to amputation or death. I am committed to helping patients overcome PVD and CLI so they can lead productive, fulfilling lives. I am a graduate of Wayne State University and St. George University School of Medicine. I completed residency at Saint Mary’s Health Care and Spectrum Health Hospital. I also completed cardiology and interventional and peripheral fellowships at Louisiana State University School of Medicine.Read more

Metro Heart & Vascular
5900 Byron Center Ave SW
Wyoming, MI 49519 Get Directions

Quite simply, I care for patients with the same care and concern I have for my family. I understand that my patients are mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, grandparents, husbands, wives and more. I am committed to providing the best patient experience so my patients can lead their best lives. And, I am committed to working with my partners at Metro Heart and Vascular and my patients’ primary care physicians so that we can provide a team approach to care.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Mustapha's Experience

See how Dr. Mustapha's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mustapha

Dr. Mustapha accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Mustapha has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Mustapha
Dr. Mustapha's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (5)
Dr. Mustapha Says:

I value your feedback. Your comments will help me continue to provide the best care for my patients.

Patients with a history of diabetes, smoking, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and obesity and who are over the age of 70 are at the greatest risk for PVD.

Hudsonville, MI |
The staff is Horrible, took 5 days to even get a angiogram scheduled, they never call back and if they do they don't have the right answers
in Hudsonville, MI |
I went to see Dr. Mustapha because I was experiencing some symptoms that could be related to a heart problem. He was an excellent listener, asked very good questions, and did not make me feel uncomfortable. He was a Dr. that was very easy to communicate with. My immediate feeling was that he was a very Kind man...and that he definitely is.
Have you seen Dr. Jihad A. Mustapha, MD?
Are you Dr. Mustapha?

Compare Dr. Mustapha

More Cardiology Specialists like Dr. Mustapha at Metro Health

Dr. Mustapha's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mustapha says...

As a physician who teaches locally, around the country and internationally, I am privileged to meet and consult with world experts in my field. I am also the founder of the Amputation Prevention Symposium and the CLI Global Society. My partners and I offer the most advanced care available for PVD and CLI.

Dr. Mustapha says...

I have special expertise in opening the tiniest of blood vessels. My partners at Metro Heart and Vascular and I have developed new ways to access blood vessels and re-establish healthy blood flow to extremities.

As the Director of Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories and Director of Cardiovascular Research at Metro Health, I participate in and lead a number of research studies designed to help us continue to learn the best ways to help patients. I am a Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Dr. Mustapha says...

If you or someone you know is facing amputation, has leg cramping or pain with walking, leg pain at rest or has sores or wounds that will not heal, please call our office. Our team would like to speak with you regarding the options that may be available.

Dr. Mustapha's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Aneurysm
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

Completed in 1997

St Mary'S Health Svcs

Completed in 1999

La State University Med Center

Dr. Mustapha does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mustapha and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology
  • Interventional Cardiology

• Angioplasty
  • Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angiogram