Dr. Jie Zhu, MD

Dr. Jie Zhu, MD

Pain Medicine | Male | 58 years old

38 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Zhu specializes in Pain Medicine and practices in Elkton, MD. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Zhu? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Zhu's Experience

See how Dr. Zhu's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zhu

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Zhu has admitting privileges.

Dr. Zhu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zhu to family and friends
3.7
Experience with Dr. Zhu
Dr. Zhu's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (36)
in Md |
Dr Zhu is pleasant , kind and so very knowledgeable in his field. I am always taken in a very timely manner, never a wait. I feel very lucky to have him as my Dr.
in Seaford, Delaware |
Dr. Zhu has been very pleasant and professional at all times. In his profession in pain management he has to be very candid with his patients about their role in their treatment. I so appreciate how he conducts his no nonsense or tolerance as to you actions. I can see if patient are
Newark, DE |
Dr. Zhu is very courteous and professional. He is knowledgeable and seems genuinely concerned for his patients' well-being.
in Rising Sun, MD |
Dr. Zhu is by the most compassionate and caring physician I have had during my long and at times frustrating period of dealing with my years of being treated for long term chronic pain management. He takes the time with you to get to know you and become familiar with your specific condition and needs. He is understanding and truly seems to care about your individual treatment for chronic pain. He listens to your feelings and offers new treatment modalities of pain management.
in Middletown De |
Went to see him for a second opinion and was actually referred to a different doctor they said I had to see Dr. Zhu. He never examined me at all just told me that I was fat and that was the problem. So when I asked him if I lost weight that would fix my back issues he responded NO you will just have to deal with the pain. Then he wrote a prescription for a drug I told him I already tried and it didn't work. Only see this Doctor if you want to waste your money
in Seaford, DE |
Dr. Zhu is a very compationate and courteous physician. He does his utmost to help his patients. He is very thorough with his office visits and his staff are a pleasure to work with.
in Seaford DE |
Dr. Zhu is an excellent physician. His staff is efficient and professional. His facilities are clean and maintained well. His surgery center is outstanding and the staff there are wonderful. Dr Zhu takes excellent care of his patients. The wait time is minimal compared to other Dr's I have visited and he is very compassionate when it comes to managing your pain. His treatment is ethical as well as professional and to high standards of medical practice. I would highly recommend his office.
in Elkton, Md |
Dr Zhu has been my physician for a few years now and has performed quite a few procedures on my back, everyone successful. Since my condition is inoperable he had been able to ease my pain considerably. I hope he stays with Midatlantic Spine as my physician for a long time.
in New Castle, DE |
Been a long term patient of Dr Zhu & feel he is compassionate & caring. He addresses every need at visits. Explains in detail the individual course of care & treatment. I highly recommend.
in Wilmington,Del. |
Dr. Zhu has a very good personality he listens to his patients and does his best to help them with there problems. I would recomend him anyone who needs a good careing doctor.
in Perryville, MD |
Dr. Zhu is very soft spoken, and thoroughly explains any concerns you may have. I am very happy that he is my Doctor.
Cherry Hill, NJ |
I am very satisfied with Dr Zhu, always prompt and courteous. very professional
in Bear DE |
Excellent doctor. Takes time to talk with patient. Asks about overall health and asks if there are any other problems. Highly recommend him.
in Newark, DE |
I've had nothing but the best care from Dr. Zhu. He is always attentive and listens to me whenever there is a an issue. A doc that you can depend on for the best care!! I would recommend him to everyone. Definitely top notch
in Galena, Maryland |
I spent too much money and time with this doctor who did not fix the problem. First: he would not listen to me. Second: he either chose not to diagnose the problem from the CAT scan or he didn't know how to. Third: He caused me more pain than when I went to see him in the first place. Here's a clue any foot drop patient needs to go straight to surgery not masking pain with shots in the wrong place! The whole place is set up to make money instead of fixing your back.
in Newark, De |
Dr Zhu takes a conservative approach to managing the pain I have from degenerative disc disease. He has recommended non surgical procedures that my previous doctor did not. He is very deliberate in managing the cause of the pain not the symptom itself. While my condition is one that is managed, not cured, I have experienced 30% more relief since seeing Dr. Zhou with fewer less powerful drugs to manage the pain. I recommend highly
in Dover, DE |
Dr. Zhu has been both knowledgeable & thorough in my care. He has been very caring & considerate and careful in prescribing the appropriate medication for my age, & following up on its results or complications He has prescribed necessary diagnostic tests and his procedures were done in the most professional manner. He has been very helpful in treating my condition which has allowed me to function well despite several disabilities. I would highly recommend him to anyone suffering chronic pain
Newark, DE |
Dr. Zhu is an extremely caring and thorough doctor. I have know Dr. Zhu for several years and he always has the utmost concern and consideration for his patients. He is careful about the medication perscribed, taking into consideration gender, age and physical condition of his patients. Dr. Zhu tells people to call for any health problem one has. I will continue to go to Dr. Zhu for as long as I can. He has helped me so much and has made recommendations for additional services available.
in Newark, DE |
My experience was outstanding. Dr. Zhu took the time get to know me, explain my options and constantly asking if I had questions. The procedures were successful, I feel so much better. I would recommend Dr. Zhu to my family and friends.
in Bear, DE |
He is very nice and professional to treat my pain
in Landenberg, PA |
Dr. Zhu is very professional to treat my pain.
in Cecil County, MD |
It was so horrible he shouldn't be able to hold a medical license..
in Wilmington |
He was RUDE! Constantly interrupted me while I sat there holding back tears trying to ask relevant questions. I was forced to see him for the first time in my ten years at that practice because my doctor moved and I left there in tears feeling humiliated and less of a human being! He was scheduled to do a procedure on me the following week but after looking at my MRI for a whole 2 seconds said it probably wouldn't help and when I asked what should I do then, he said I can't tell you that.
Have you seen Dr. Jie Zhu, MD?
Are you Dr. Zhu?

Compare Dr. Zhu

Dr. Zhu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Zhu has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Zhu's Board Certifications

• Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Heel Spur
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Upper Back Pain

Capitol Med College

Graduated in 1985

• Chinese

Dr. Zhu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zhu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine