Dr. Jia Ruan, MD

Dr. Jia Ruan, MD

Medical Oncology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Jia Ruan, MD is a medical oncology specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 14 years. She specializes in medical oncology and hematology.Read her story

Weill Cornell Medical Center

520 E 70th St # Starrpavilion

New York, NY 10021

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth

Dr. Ruan treats Reticulosarcoma more than 100% of her peers

Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma

Dr. Ruan treats Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Ruan treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, During Pregnancy

• All Lymphoma
  • Anal and Rectal Cancer
  • Anal Disorders
  • Anemia
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Breast Cancer
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Cryoglobulinemia
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Graft vs Host Disease
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hemophilia
  • Hemophilia A
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • HPC Transplantation (Stem Cell Transplant)
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kaposi's Sarcoma
  • Lymphocytosis
  • Lymphoma, Large Cell, Anaplastic
  • Lymphoma, Large-Cell
  • Lymphosarcoma
  • Macroglobulinemia (incl. Waldenstrom's )
  • Mantle Cell Lymphoma
  • Pleura Cancer
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Uterine Cancer
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • von Willebrand Disease

Our lymphoma group practice provides specialized and multidisciplinary care in the setting of a leading medical institution for patients with all types of lymphomas. We strive to deliver the best possible standard of care, and take pride in our compr...

• Medical Oncology

Dr. Ruan?
Dr. Ruan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jia Ruan, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Ruan is a wonderful doctor who is saved my life! I have B-cell lymphoma on and off in last 7years...Dr. Ruan is so patient, so kind and warm, so professional and efficient, so helpful and supportive...given me hope and has never given up on me...because of her, I have survived!! I think she is a wonderful and excellent doctor??????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
I appreciate Dr Ruan for providing suitable treatment and advice to me. No only does she treat my lymphoma, but also cures other related disease. She is professional, caring, and well-prepared. An excellent doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Dr. Ruan has been the most wonderful caring doctor. She has practically saved my dad’s life where his prognosis was initially very disappointing (stage IV non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, AITL). She spent so much time and effort going over all the specific medical interventions, answered all of our questions and concerns (i.e. chemotherapy cycles followed by autologous stem cell transplant) and Amazed us with her optimism, vibrant energy, care and compassion , but most importantly with her superb professi
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Dr. Ryan has treated me since November 2014, I had surgery first at Mt. Sinai Hospital with a consult there with an oncologist about my B Cell Lymphoma. Since there was no designated lymphoma team there, I then saw Dr. Ryan for a consult. I was instantly put at ease with her care, clear explanations and compassion. She listens well; has a personal interest; assisted me in further medical contacts I needed. She is a superb doctor. I am blessed to have found her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Dr Ruan has the capacity to elicit hopeful confidence in the face of a discouraging diagnosis. She provides information that is understandable and therefore helpful. She and her support team have provided outstanding care for me and my family members. While efficient with her time, she doesn't seem hurried. She takes time to get to know you as a person. Her competence is readily seen and elicits trust very quickly. All of which make her exceptional both as a doctor and a person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Smart personable caring. Instilled an immediate sense of trust. Part of a team that gives me confidence I am in very good hands. I like that she wants a very confident diagnosis before deciding treatment. I feel I am in the best place possible for a complex condition
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Dr. Ruan and her staff have been very helpful and caring during my Large B Cell Lymphoma ordeal. To have a doctor guide me through the most difficult experience of my life with kindness and respect meant the world to my family and me. She is a wonderful doctor who explained every step I had to take from clinical trial to stem cell replacement. I truly believe that Dr. Ruan and the staff at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center saved my life! ?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
I had another lymphoma doctor at Sloan Kettering and switched to Dr Ruan who was recommended by the lymphoma society. Unlike my first oncologist, she is a warm caring doctor who LISTENS My first oncologist had temper tantrums if asked a question. Dr Ruan is unassuming, knowledgeable, willing to discuss non-traditional approaches I get interested in.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Dr. Ruan is a very knowledgeable & kind person. She made me feel very comfortable & explained everything I need to know in detail! I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Dr Ruan is an expert in lymphoma, especially in T-cell related diseases. Over the past 2 years, she has provided fantastic care in administering various forms of treatment. She is also supported by very capable PA and Admin in her office. We are very fortunate to be under her care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
I really appreciate that Dr Ruan, and staff take the time to get to know the patient. She gives you the confidence to do what needs to be done. The staff is very caring. I trust my life to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Dr Ruan and her pa Jakie, pulled me thru my cancer. jakie gave me hope and strength, and dr. ruan gave me the correct treatment to get rid of this cance.r thank you both of you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Dr. Ruan and her team have given me outstanding care for my leukemia during the past four years. She takes special care to explain the meaning of the results from multiple diagnostic tests. I am a working patient, and so Dr. Ruan helped choose treatments and scheduling them in a way that interfered the least possible with my work and life. When a newly developed immunotherapy became available, she helped negotiate with my insurer payment for a treatment approach that was personalized for me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
I found Dr. Ruan to be an excellent diagnostician. She determined the best treatment plan for me and also through her due diligence found a cancerous non-smokers tumor in my left lung lobe. As she detected it early, I had surgery, and cancerous tumor was removed before it spread. She determined the best treat for my non- hodgekins lymphoma and followed appropriately with tests to determine that I am in remission. At every office visit I and my husband felt very confident with her expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Very competent. Well prepared. Excellent rapport with patient. Communicates very well and answers all questions patiently. Spends the appropriate amount of time with patient. Excellent professional. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Dr. Ruan took very good care of me during a very difficult time. I have only the nicest things to say about her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
I have been Dr. Ruan's patient for 5 years, since I was diagnosed with lymphoma. I was first impressed at her ability to explain complex, scientific information so that I could easily understand my condition and diagnosis. She's easy to speak with and I feel confident that I'm receiving the best care possible. I'm in remission and definitely give her the credit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Dr. Ruan is the consummate professional in her field. She is extremely well-versed in various lymphoma conditions, new treatments, and access to clinical trials if available. I have been under her care for 18 months and exceptional progress has been made in my rare type of lymphoma.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
Dr. Ruan has been my oncologist for the past 7 years. During each visit, Dr. Ruan outlined the immediate and future treatment plan. No question was irrelevant and the answers had no time limit. The Doctor has the ability to simplify the most complex subject in order that both my family and I can understand the treatment plan. This professionalism is rendered with her remarkable compassion. Her support staff is sensational. New York, March 17, 2017.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?
She is not only extremely knowledgeable and up on the latest research, she is also unusually kind, empathic, communicative, and responsive to questions. When I emailed her a question at night or over the weekend, with the expectation of receiving a response no sooner than the next work day, I was often surprised by getting a response right back. Her treatment saved my life, but in addition, I had someone who helped guide me thru the inevitably difficult experience of chemotherapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jia Ruan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ruan?

Insurance accepted

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
EmblemHealth
Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
HealthFirst
ABCD HMO

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ruan treats patients.

Compare Providers