Dr. Jesus Flores, MD

Colorectal SurgeryMaleAge 42

Dr. Flores

Texas Colon & Rectal Specialists

7777 Forest Ln Ste A321 Dallas, TX 75230

Dr. Jesus Flores, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Dallas, TX and has over 12 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California (USC) medical school in 2009. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco and Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Plano. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Flores to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Colorectal Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Flores' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Flores' Top Procedures and Conditions

Anorectal Abscess

Dr. Flores treats Anorectal Abscess more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Flores treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anal Abscess

• Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Diarrhea
  • Diverticulitis
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Fistula
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Neoplasm of Gastrointestinal Tract
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Pelvic Abscess
  • Pilonidal Cyst
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Proctocolectomy
  • Rigid Proctosigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Dr. Flores accepts

Dr. Flores accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Dr. Flores' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Flores

96.7741935483871%

Dr. Flores
Dr. Flores and his team are the best that I've dealt with. They are very professional and very knowledgeable. I would not be here today if it wasn't for Dr. Flores, he saved my life.
Antoine McGee – Jul 12, 2021
Dr. Flores was an amazing individual who is very caring and compassionate about his patients. I have been suffering with Internal and external hemorrhoids for years and have done bandings a few years ago then even Hemorrhoidectomy two years later and the hemorrhoids were kept on coming back and was bothersome. When I went to visit Dr. Flores the first time, he made me feel comfortable and was going to do everything under his power to address my concerns. He took his time to examine the hemorrhoids and recommended that I should have another surgery to get rid of them, but I was a little skeptical because of past hemorrhoidectomy experience with a different surgeon. Dr. Flores checked up on me every other day after the procedure to make sure I did not have any issues and now 7 weeks later, I feel fantastic and healthier than ever after the hemorrhoidectomy and the credit goes to Dr. Flores and his entire teams.
David Tame, M.D. – Mar 24, 2021
My experience with Dr. Flores was extraordinary. He is the most caring, knowledgable and professional doctor I have ever been to. My situation was an emergency. He saved my life. His supporting staff and office staff were excellent, as well. I have nothing but respect for Dr. Jesus Flores and his team. Thank you all.
Barbara Brown – Mar 16, 2021
Dr. Flores and his staff are the best.
Victor Pineda – Feb 05, 2021
Dr. Flores treated my diverticulitis and then performed a robotic sigmoid colectomy. After the surgery, he checked on me every day and patiently answered my many questions. During one day when my fear had taken hold because of what I perceived as excess blood loss he visited twice and assured me that I was doing fine and wouldn’t plunge back into illness. I am now recovering well and am already seeing the light at the end of what has been a dark and painful tunnel. Dr. Flores is obviously a highly skilled and brilliant surgeon, but his compassion, empathy, and concern for the patient’s quality of life are also superlative. I appreciate his plain spoken style, the way he clearly explains everything, his patience, and his humility. I felt cared for by him and his staff every step of the way. I highly recommend him. He is the best kind of doctor.
Rodney – Dec 24, 2020
Everyone cancer Journeys is unique , I was diagnostic with stage III colorectal cancer, is the worse feeling of fear someone can have, I met Surgeon Flores on December, and he didn’t lie about how serious my diagnostic was and the possibilities to overcome cancer, but He ensure me that he will be there with me to fight, he gave me straight, faith and hope. I am truly blessed that Doctor Flores was in charged of my surgery on August even that was seeing impossible He removed the whole cancer on my body, he saved my life!!! he made me feel secure before the big surgery day and he celebrate the results with me and my family, he showed me that he cares he is always available as his assistant Claudia. I will always will be grateful with God that put this Angel in my Journey
CLAUDIA MOLINA – Nov 24, 2020
Dr. Flores handled my case from start to finish. From the emergency middle of the night call for life preserving colon surgery to the final surgery to reverse a colostomy from the emergency visit. He and his staff and all at Plano Medical City were very caring and professional. I would recommend Dr. Flores for his caring and expert skills in his profession. 10* if possible.
Nov 12, 2020
It has been five months since my sigmoid colectomy and colovesical fistula repair surgery due to diverticulitis. I had no complications and living a normal life thanks to Dr. Flores and his team. Dr. Flores is a very skilled surgeon who is compassionate, caring, has a calming influence and very thorough in everything he does. I am very grateful for Dr. Flores, his surgical team and office staff. I highly recommend Dr. Flores.
J.B. – Jun 28, 2020
Doctor Jesus Flores is a top notch surgeon! He was highly recommended by his peers for a condition that my wife had ... which required a six hour surgery to correct. Needless to say the family was very concerned.. Doctor Flores quickly put our minds at easy with his professionalism, his straight forward explantion of what was involved and his soft mannered personality. Both my wife and I are highly impressed with Dr. Flores and his skills as a surgeon. He was FANTASTIC throughout the entire process.. Diag, surgery, hospital recovery, and followup. It is very easy to see that Dr. Flores truely cares for his patients. We HIGHLY recommend Dr Jesus Flores! Also, his office staff and all the supporting doctors, nurses, techs, and hospital we were associated with for the surgery were OUTSTANDING... A number 1 ! THANK YOU Doctor Flores and everyone!
A. Moreno – Dec 14, 2019
Dr Flores performed a partial colectomy due to acute diverticulitis in Sept. 2019 using robotic surgery. The procedure was sucessful now I am living a normal life again. I would recommend him highly. Thank You
Dec 05, 2019
I had some complications that required two surgeries and multiple visits to Dr. Flores' office. All of this was handled in a friendly and professional manner. The staff was on top of things too. Really, it was a very positive experience, considering the circumstances.
Nov 26, 2019
I had just arrived in Dallas to celebrate my 60th birthday w/ my High School girlfriends. The first day there I became very ill & was taken to the ER & placed in ICU for 5 days with diverticulitis. Fortunately, Dr. Flores was on call. Even though it was quite scary, from the first time we met he always made us feel comfortable. He took extra time to explain everything I was going through and all of my options going forward. His experience, background and demeanor were all very impressive & comforting. After I was released from the hospital, we made the decision to remain in Dallas for an add'l 3 weeks until I was strong enough for surgery. Dr Flores then performed robotic sigmoid colectomy w/ colorectal anastomosis. After I was released from the hospital (again), we remained in Dallas for another week until I was able to fly back to Phoenix. Dr Flores and his entire office staff were always available & more than willing to help out and answer any questions we had. They're the best!
Lynn from Phoenix – Sep 16, 2019
Dr. Flores and his entire staff are all very kind and helpful. Dr. Flores is very gentle and compassionate with his patients. You can tell that he truly cares about you. He performed my procedure with the utmost skill and took his time to make sure everything was done right. I am grateful and thankful to have him as my doctor.
Amanda – Sep 08, 2019
Dr. Flores has changed my life with skill, graciousness, and, yes, artistry. Others had told me that removing the lipoma was dangerous and could perforate the colon, but Dr. Flores calmly said a portion of the colon containing the lipoma should be removed. He assured me that there was a very low risk and rather mild recovery if I followed instructions. He was absolutely correct. He masterfully used robotics, and my pain has been minimal. I am regaining my freedom from the demands of the obstruction and feel the way I used to feel years ago. I am grateful to this man and would recommend him to anyone suffering the same or similar conditions.
John McCollum – Jul 27, 2019
I want to take a moment to thank Dr. Flores and his staff for the wonderful care my husband received during a very scary time. I loved his bedside manner. He is so gentle and listened to our every concern.. He explained everything thoroughly and put our minds at ease. I am thankful for the follow up reports that we received in the mail explaining everything that was done during surgery. He is so wonderful. I hope nothing happens again, but I do know in the event that it does, I'm not worried one single bit. Thank you, Dr. Flores for your exceptional care.
Penny Tywater in Mesquite, TX – Jun 16, 2019
Dr. Flores has a calming effect during stressful situations. He explains things well and has very approachable yet professional demeanor. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him!
May 16, 2019
Dr. Flores quite literally saved my life. After performing emergency surgery, during which he was already off for the day, he then kept in constant communication with me in the hospital. I've had more doctors than I care to admit in my life and Dr. Flores is one of the few I can say genuinely cared about my well being and fought to make sure I made it through.
May 15, 2019
Our son needed emergency surgery and our GI doctor recommended Dr. Flores. We did not meet him until he was heading into surgery, but could not be more pleased. Within a few hours, the surgery was performed. We were so thankful for Dr. Flores and feel so blessed that he was available. He goes above and beyond. They followed up with us almost daily as our son remained in the hospital. Dr. Flores is kind and seems so genuine with his concern for his patient and his recommendation for healing and future surgeries. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a surgeon in this area of expertise
May 12, 2019
I would highly recommend Dr.Flores a wonderful doctor with such great attitude and very well at explaining procedures , and overall the staffing is also great young ladies with nice attitudes, I would like to say I'm a satisfied patient at Dr.Flores's office.
May 09, 2019
Highly recommend! I felt very comfortable and he explained everything thoroughly.
Apr 30, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Flores?

Excellent patient care. Patient involved in all aspects of their care. Patient safety, satisfaction, and excellent quality of care are top priorities.

Dr. Jesus Flores is a colon and rectal surgeon who practices in North Dallas, Plano, and Frisco. Dr. Flores completed a residency in general surgery followed...Read more

• Colorectal Surgery

• Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • General Surgery

2016
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
2015
Texas Tech University Health Science Center
2009
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California (USC)
2005