Women's Health Medicine  |
Dr. Jessica Wei, MD
My conventional medical training began at the University of Virginia School of Medicine after I had completed my undergraduate and graduate studies there. I then completed my residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology with the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. I joined the private practice of Middlesex Ob/Gyn Associates, where I enjoyed a very busy practice for nearly 13 years. I have immense gratitude for all that I learned from my patients, teachers, and colleagues. However, I knew in my heart that there was much more to learn and understand, and so much more to do. After becoming well-acquainted with work of Dr. Mark Hyman, a leader and revolutionary in the world of functional medicine, I embarked on my path to equip myself more thoroughly to take care of myself and others. To this end, I completed a two year fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine founded by Dr. Andrew Weil, the internationally recognized expert in integrative medicine, medicinal herbs, and mind-body medicine. I also completed the Kalish Method Functional Medicine Mentorship, and I am obtaining certification with the Institute of Functional Medicine with expertise in hormonal, GI, immune, energetic, and cardiometabolic health, and detoxification. Most recently, I completed 200-hour yoga teacher training with Barbara Ruzansky at West Hartford Yoga, and have been taught and attuned to Level 1 and 2 Reiki, both on the path to understanding the underlying energy which animates everything. What actually equips me best to help others is my experience with the joys and challenges of living this precious life. I am a grateful mother to two amazing boys in whom I am in utter awe. I understand first-hand how very difficult it can be to balance the demands of motherhood and work both inside and outside of the home. There has been great sacrifice and pain in my personal life as I have struggled to maintain self-care while working as a full-time obstetrician/gynecologist. I have also navigated a serpentine course through a nearly lifetime struggle with recovery from trauma and depression. AND I am in a space of gratitude for all of it, every moment. Why? Because my experience informs everything that I do moving forward, opening my heart more and more fully to compassion for myself and for others.

18 N Main St # B

West Hartford, CT 06107

Learn about Dr. Wei

Living a modern life is getting more and more difficult. Most of us are feeling more stress than we were ever meant to handle. This stress whether dietary, environmental, work-related, family-related, etc. has an immense impact on our holistic health and sense of well-being. This may manifest as weight gain, depression, anxiety, female hormone balance issues, fatigue, GI issues, and other chronic diseases. As advanced as today's acute, conventional medical care system has become, it has largely failed to improve the general health and well-being of most.

With our ongoing attempts to cope with living a modern life, many of us have fallen out of balance with how our bodies were intended to function. At Women's Holistic Health LLC, our intention is to help you on your journey back to restore the intended balance in your body, mind and spirit. This principally involves initiating and maintaining lifestyle choices that empower you to find deep healing within yourself.

Dr. Wei's Experience

Dr. Wei's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Women's Health Medicine

• Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Uterine Diseases

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• University Of Virginia
  • Arizona Ctr For Integrative Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Institute For Functional Medicine
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Wei has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wei does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wei and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wei's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wei to family and friends
based on 3 total reviews
Dr. Wei's Performance
Have you seen Dr. Jessica Wei, MD?
Are you Dr. Wei?