Family Medicine  |
Dr. Jessica Thomas, MD
Dr. Jessica Thomas, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Sarasota, FL. She is 31 years old and has been practicing for 5 years. Dr. Thomas is affiliated with Doctors Hospital of Sarasota, Sarasota Memorial Hospital and Lakewood Ranch Medical Center.

Beneva Professional Center

943 S Beneva Rd Ste 204

Sarasota, FL 34232

• AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Evolutions Healthcare Systems
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HealthSmart - Interplan Health Group
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Meritain Health

Learn about Dr. Thomas

Intercoastal Medical Group is committed to providing the highest quality care possible by offering superior healthcare to patients no matter their medical need.

Dr. Thomas' Experience

Dr. Thomas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

• Abscess Incision and Drainage

• University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • University Of Tennessee
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Thomas has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Thomas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thomas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Thomas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thomas to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Thomas' Performance
    GOOD
in Sarasota, FL |
Was referred to Dr. Thomas for my son. She was said to be very patient and caring. I called the office and worked my way through the phone system to schedule an appointment. Was left on hold 10 minutes. Went to the web site and filled out a form to request an appointment. Heard nothing back for 8 days. Tried the phone again. On hold again for 10 minutes. Hung up. If this office is not taking appointments, they should say so and not waste patient's time.
in Sarasota, FL |
I don't look for eye contact or bedside manner. She is professional, puts everything I say in to the computer and I feel she cares because of her preoccupation with a proper diagnosis. If she doesn't feel comfortable prescribing in a certain area, she refers me to a specialist. I would recommend her without hesitation. Nice doesn't necessarily cure you. However, if you are kind and consider (and patient), that's what she returns.
Sarasota, FL |
I would not recommend Dr. Thomas. For my most recent appointment I was running late. As a courtesy I called and explained that I was about 10 minutes away which would put me about 5 to 7 minutes late for my appointment. The receptionist checked with Dr. Thomas and the doctor said I would have to reschedule for an appointment a week later. I realized this is not the kind of physician that would be looking out for my best interests. I rescheduled, but with another physician.
in Sarasota, FL |
After my previous Dr retired I really was not looking forward to finding a new primary. Dr Thomas was great she listened and addressed my issues in a way that made me feel confident that I will be taken care of for future concerns.
Sarasota, FL |
No eye contact and made me to pay double for a common cold , had to visit back in few days to get the antibiotic that I needed it at first place
in Sarasota, FL |
Would have gotten more from WebMD than I did from her. Cold, remote. More interested in the computer than in what I had to say. She was not articulate nor clear about follow up. This was an introductory meeting appointment so you'd assume it wouldnt be too stressful for either of us. Not impressed with her confidence or capabilities.
Sarasota florida |
No eye contact , ignored me and stared at the computer screen. Wasn't paying me any attention when she asked a question and put in the opposite of what was going on ( left instead of right) I want to be understanding, but I am looking for a new doctor.
in Sarasota, FL |
I was a patient of Dr. Weinberg for 28 years plus and was devastated to lose him. I have found Dr. Thomas to be very professional and caring and feel comfortable in her care. It had to be hard for her to step in for Dr. Weinberg who was such an amazing Dr. and loved by everyone. Don't let the very youthful looks fool you.........she is very knowledgeable and deserving of her position at Intercoastal.Medical. I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas.....AGL..Sarasota
in North Venice, FL |
This was my first visit. The doctor had no bedside manner whatsoever. She was cold and unfriendly--no attempt to find out about how I would like to approach my healthcare--it's call patient-centered planning. I'm hoping it was just an unusually bad day for her. The information about referrals for further tests was minimal and unclear. I should have asked more questions.
Have you seen Dr. Jessica Thomas, MD?
Are you Dr. Thomas?

See our Family Medicine Specialist at Doctors Hospital of Sarasota

Visit Dr. Thomas

Dr. Thomas accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Evolutions Healthcare Systems
    Evolutions Healthcare Systems PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA