Dr. Jessica Stine, MD

GynecologyFemaleAge 39

Dr. Jessica Stine, MD is a Gynecology Specialist in New Port Richey, FL. Dr. Stine has more experience with Gynecologic Neoplasms than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with medical facilities Brandon Regional Hospital and Tampa General Hospital. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Stine to book an appointment.

Florida Cancer Specialists

8763 River Crossing Blvd New Port Richey, FL 34655

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Stine

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Stine treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Stine treats other conditions, please contact the office at (727) 842-8411.

Gynecologic Neoplasms

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the female reproductive system, including ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, and cervical cancer, through chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, or targeted cancer therapy.

Dr. Stine is experienced in the area of Gynecologic Neoplasms. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

Dr. Stine's conditions and procedures:

• Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenomyosis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colporrhaphy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colposcopy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Hepatitis B Virus Screening
  • Herpes Simplex Screening
  • HIV Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing
  • Mammography
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause Evaluation and Treatment
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Oophorectomy
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cancer Screening
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Ovarian Transposition (Oophoropexy)
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Vulvar Dysplasia
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Stine accepts

Dr. Stine accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Coventry Health Care
Wellpath Preferred PPO
Coventry Health Care of Florida
Employer Group Open Access HMO
Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
Employer Group PPO
Preferred PPO
Select HMO
Tampa Bay CoreNet

Dr. Stine's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Stine

3.9

Dr. Stine
I went to Dr. Jessica Stine after several doctors said that they thought I had ovarian cancer and said I needed to go see her (a specialist) and I needed surgery fast . I had to get a stent put into my urethra tube as it was being pinched by the tumor, until I could get a hysterectomy. I knew I had fibroid benign tumors in my uterus which was now pinching my tube backing up a kidney. Dr. Jessica Stine looked at the CT and told me that she felt it was not cancerous but would not know for sure until she takes it out and does a pathology on it. She squeezed me into her busy surgical schedule and I had a very successful hysterectomy with a very fast recovery! It was NOT cancer thank GOD! She is a very skilled surgeon and her PA assistant is awesome too. I will recommend her to anyone needing surgery! I just can't say enough about what a great doctor she and her PA are!! 10 stars !!!
Sandra Scripka – Sep 12, 2021
Excellent physician great listening ability.surgical skills first class.
May 12, 2021
Dr Stine is a wonderful physician and a compassionate individual who truly cares for those she treats. After a long period of time from being shuffled from specialist to specialist, I ended up in Dr Stine's room and there was no more indecision of what to do or where I should be to tske care of my medical issues. She was confident not only she could help me but that she could do so with minimally invasive surgery. She was kind prior to surgery and the surgery went well - she even left me a card afterwards! My post op went great and again, the kindest person ever during my visit. I would highly recommend Dr. Stine.
Julie Hink – May 01, 2021
I STARTED WITH DR STINE FOR FOLLOW CARE AFTER STAGE 1 GRADE 3 UTRUS CANCER.I SAW HER BUT ONLY DID PEVIL EXAM EVERY 6 MONTHS. THEY NEED TO DO MORE.NOW I HAVE STAGE 4 LUNG AND BONE CANCER.MY LAST APPOINTMENT WITH DR STINE WAS MY 3 YRS CHECK UP JULY 28 2020.I EVEN TOLD HER I WAS COUGHING SINCE JUNE 16 2020.BUT NEVER ORDER ANY TESTS.DEC 21 2020 PRIMARY DR ORDER CT SCAN.RIGHT AWAY THEY SAW I HAD 3 LARGE MASSES ON MY RIGHT LUNG.JAN 13 2021 HAD PET SCAN AND THEY SAW IT SPREAD TO MY BONES ALREADY. PLEASE GIVE WOMEN MORE FOLLOW UP TESTS.I WAS AT MY 3 YRS I THOUGHT I BEAT CANCER BOY WAS I WRONG.
KAREN GOODALL – Mar 22, 2021
I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer and was referred to Moffitt where I experienced difficulties due to my insurance coverage. After desperately waiting to be scheduled for surgery for two months I decided to call my gynecologist asking her to please find me another surgeon. She referred me to Dr. Jessica Stine. Her office called me the next day. They had me scheduled to see her the same week. Dr. Stine was very knowledgeable, she explained everything in simple terms. She was very compassionate, she said that I would have to have a hysterectomy. I was scared and confused, tears just kept rolling down my eyes. Dr. Stine was very understanding , she did not rush me to make a decision immediately, but her calm demeanor, and confidence made me trust her so I decided to go ahead with the robotic surgery. They arranged all the necessary tests to be done the next day and my surgery was scheduled for the following week. Dr. Stine saved my life and I will forever be grateful to her.
Jan 25, 2021
Dr. Stine is a great doctor. She explained everything in detail when I had my surgeries and spent the time to be a very caring doctor. I would highly recommend her.
Susan – Jan 16, 2021
Dr. Stine is the best doctor out there. She explained everything in detail and spent the time needed with me. I never felt rushed and I would recommend her to anyone who wants a caring knowledgeable Doctor.
Debbie – Jan 09, 2021
Blessed to have been recommended Dr. Jessica Stine! She is an exceptional surgeon with wonderful bed side manners. She provided me with peace of mind & performed an exceptional surgery. Her skill is undoubtedly the best!! Thank you Dr. Stine for taking care of me & caring for your patients as you do!
Zasha – Jan 07, 2021
I wish I could give ZERO stars. No way I would recommend her or her partner. She doesn't seem to care about her patient's unless they are getting Chemo treatment. Heaven for bit a patient hasn't eaten in over 30 days, constant nausea, vomiting, can't swallow, goes into liver failure and you don't even address it and ignore the symptoms. Horrible at returning calls. They will give the patient a PICC line, but won't bother giving them IV medications for pain, fluids for dehydration/ starvation.
Teri – Jul 08, 2020
Would not use her again. Inexperienced and aligned with Brandon Hospital. Bad combination.
Apr 08, 2020
My Daughter has been through numerous surgeries and needs to have a hysterectomy. This Dr had my daughter jump through a crapload of hoops , see a dozen different doctors which was a ton of money! Now this so called doctor won’t do the surgery cause she says it’s too complicated. My daughter is in chronic pain and has cysts on her ovaries, but this Doctor isn’t strong enough in her field to help . She should have said so from day one ! There will be grievances filed with the state an federal government and will tell everyone I know about this ‘so called ‘ doctor
Michael Peterson – Feb 07, 2020
Dr. Stine was great. However, her lead financial counselor Lisa Cheryl is not. She doesn't return any calls. She made an error with the withdrawal date on my account and prior to surgery when she called to take a payment she said I would have no other bills. The amount she said I owed included post & pre surgery and all consultations. She shouldn't say that if it isn't true. I received another bill from the office that was on top of what she initially asked for. Lisa Chery is not honest.
Feb 02, 2019
Dr Stine performed a difficult surgery on me in February. Dr Stine, Heather and all the staff were wonderful. Recently I returned, although my condition was not her area of expertise, she provided referrals and the other specialist office contacted me immediately and set an appointment for the following day. I am so greatful to she and the staff for their support. Highly recommend.
Stephany in FL – Oct 25, 2018
NO STAR! Dr. Stine is not in my ins network HOWEVER I got a pre authorization from my ins co to see her. The agreement is, they get paid by the ins, I pay my co-pay. I waited over a month for consult appt. I received 3 phone calls.1 to cancel-didn't get approval yet,1 to schedule-but I HAD an appointment,1 to tell me they got my paperwork AND WANT TO SCHEDULE APPT. AT APPT they want 733 + 20 co-pay. WON'T wait for ins to pay, want all their money-not what ins pays and didn't call to tell me.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Spring Hill, Florida – Apr 25, 2018
Dr. Stein does a wonderful job explain everything and making sure you are 100% comfortable with the surgery you are going to have done. Her staff is also wonderful making sure the patient stays in the loop as they get all the necessary paperwork completed.
Apr 17, 2018
I was told multiple different things within just a few short months- I have decided to fire her as my doctor. Her main goal is Surgery and does not in my opinion have any holistic or other routes to take. She and her staff pressure you like sales people to go under the knife. In last two years my cervix has been through hell and the staff and Jessica didn't care to approach my pre cancerous condition with any compassion. It was like dealing with car salesman. Never tried to treat without knive$
Riverview, FL – Nov 11, 2017
I have nothing but amazing things to say about Dr. Stine and her entire office. They are the kindest, most personable doctors office I have had the pleasure to work with. My mom went in for an ovarian tumor and in a time of great fear and confusion for my family, Dr. Stine and her office has alleviated our fears and confusion. You wouldn't think you would be smiling whilst visiting your oncologist but with Dr. Stine at your side you have no choice in the matter thanks to her amazing bedside man
Sandra in Tampa, FL – May 02, 2017
I went to Dr J. Stine 2/11/2016 for a referral to get a scan, see if my cancer returned. I paid my 315.26 share of cost for 1st time 1 hr patient consult at the time of appt. And this crazy place charged me again 4 same thing through my insurance! On top of that she bills for contrast materials using cpt code 72194 drove the cost up (696.12) AND not a service she provided! In fact I went to Tower Imaging they billed it too, using 72193 only costing me 154.24 HERS IS ON MY CREDIT REPORT NOW!!!!!
Kathleen Larsen in brandon fl – Apr 07, 2017
I thought Dr. Stine was a good doctor but BEWARE of the office staff. Pitiful! Very difficult to get an appt. No one ever answers the phone. NEVER! You have to leave a message and it has taken me 4 working days to get Rachel to cb. That is unacceptable when you've had cancer. Also I had a urinalysis and CT scan done STAT with results called in to dr. within 2 hrs it took them 2-3 days to even find my results in their own office. Also left mess w/answering service on a Monday @6pm. No one ever cb
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Laurie in Tampa, FL – Feb 04, 2017
Lengthy wait times (2 hours) fine. Condescending, unfriendly, impatient, not fine. Being told I have a 40% chance of having cancer, but not what kind, not fine. Vaginal exam w/o commentary, not fine. Recommending D&C/progesterone implant requiring quarterly follow-ups/endometrial biopsies for a patient no longer of reproductive age, with history of recurring polyps, not fine. Staff, office manager unfriendly, don't return phone calls for weeks, if at all. Nurse: Wonderful
  • Long wait times
Anne Copeland in Seffner, FL – Aug 31, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Stine?

Dr. Jessica Stine is board certified by the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.  Dr. Stine received her undergraduate degree from Florida...Read more

• Gynecology