Dr. Jessica Gallina, MD

Dr. Jessica Gallina, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Jessica Gallina, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. She is 45 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

240 Central Park S # 2-0

New York, NY 10019

• Guardian
  • HealthFirst
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Gallina

See how frequently Dr. Gallina performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
high
Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed

Dr. Gallina's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hand Fracture
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Williams College
  • Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Union Memorial Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Gallina has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gallina does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gallina and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gallina's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gallina to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Gallina's Performance
in Brooklyn, NY |
I went to Dr. Gallina as a second opinion after being told I would never be able to lead the active lifestyle I am used to. She was patient with all my questions and knowlagable of the most current procedures available. I had an ankle replacement & achilles tendon lengthening all done at once. I came home from the hospital a few hours after surgery. Recovery has been quick & easy. Dr. Gallina & staff is there for you with any concerns or questions during the entire process. Thrilled w/results!
in New York, New York |
Dr Gallina is the best! She is a clear-thinking and highly skilled orthopedic surgeon with a pleasant demeanor. She's smart, confident and listens well. She consistently exudes a calmness that wonderfully affects all people around her (patients, staff, hospital colleagues, etc). I had a successful 5 hour surgery for a complete ankle replacement, bunion, heel re-angling and Achilles lengthening. Thank you Dr Gallina for giving me my active life again! I highly recommend you with no reservations!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Gallina is a brilliant surgeon & she is kind & caring. She performed 5 surgeries (in one day) on my foot. Other doctors said it was a lost cause because the damage to the entire foot toes, arch, joints (due to a deformed bunion) was too severe. But Dr. Gallina did 5 complicated procedures to correct each problem & my foot is now like the foot I had 20 years ago! I can jump, dance, walk and perform for hours. I'm not only footloose & fancy free - I'm pain free! Highest recommendation!
in New York, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Gallina. I am so glad I came to her for a second opinion, she saved me!
Astoria, NY |
Excellent surgeon Never makes you feel rushed Always answers your questions no matter how trivial Great staff recommend highly *****
in New York, NY |
Dr. Gallina is an excellent and an extremely skilled diagnostician and surgeon. She is kind, caring and empathic, answers all questions fully. I never feel rushed. Would and have highly recommended her to others. Her staff are excellent and fill out any forms you need promptly. Office manager Jessica is wonderfully efficient, understanding and the best prompt problem solver.
in New York, NY |
I had surgery with Dr. Gallina three months ago and I am back on my feet. She is a warm, magnificent surgeon. Her office manager was very helpful every step of the way. Thank you so much, Dr. Gallina!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Jessica Gallina is a most skillful professional. I admire her immensely and am ineffably grateful to her for the quality of the surgery she performed on my foot. I went back to skiing this weekend after an October intervention which is an enormous joy for me, since downhill skiing is one of my greatest passions. I can'r recommend Dr. Gallina highly enough. She is a pleasure to work with since her personality and sense of humor are a delight and her mastery of the craft is magnificent.
She is the best doctor!
in New York, NY |
Extremely available. Saw me immediately. Dr. GALLINA did a superb, creative surgery on my severed Anterior Tibialis tendon, a rare and difficult condition and procedure. She clearly saved my foot and is a highly talented and devoted doctor with a great humanitarian bedside manner. I am very thankful to have found her and recommend her without reservation. BTW I am a physician myself and very perfectionistic. She dealt with all my concerns in a kind and tolerant way. Couldn't be better!
in Middletown, NJ |
Dr. Gallina is a rare find in surgery. She has excellent surgical skills, knowledge of the life of a ballerina and the medical/recovery needs necessary to return to dance, and the unusual kindness and concern for the person as a whole person. I went from being concerned that I would walk properly again after my accident to 100% recovery and a full return to dance training. Dr. Gallina never rushed me through an appointment. She is sincere and talented.
in New York, NY |
Compassionate and careful: Dr. Galina reviewed every option before suggesting bunion surgeries. But the surgeries were necessary and the outcomes were beyond my exletations.
in New York, NY |
Words can not express my gratitude and time appreciation to you for all you have done for me. I can walk again! I can ride a bike- and play with my nieces and nephews! Your talent is amazing and bedside manner is unmatched! And even though, I am in health care you were very patient took the time to answer every small questions - no matter how trivial. Thank you!! I was truly blessed to have found you.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Gallina is one of the best doctors I have ever found. She is kind, thorough, and always willing to go above and beyond. She has done 3 surgeries for me now, and I have been grateful each of those times that she was my doctor. I have already recommended her to a handful of friends.
in New York, NY |
Rude, condescending, dismissive. Her office is thronged with patients so she naturally has less than 5 minutes to tell you that you need surgery, sorry, deal with it loser. Very negative experience. I've had foot problems for years and she treated me like some frivolous nincompoop whose experiences were misinformed and stupid. Some doctors are just in it for the money.
Ny, NY |
Dr. Gallina will give you a lot of attention until your having issues after your surgery that she cannot explain. She might have done her job as a surgeon but she is not a great doctor and her office manager is incredibly rude. Everytime I was there I waited over an hour and a half for her to say nothing of any help.
in New York, NY |
I had a severe hammertoe which was contracted. Went to a Harvard Dr. at HSS> He recommended amputation. Saw Dr. Gallina who not only saved my toes and corrected the condition but did so in a gracious, professional manner. I highly recommend Dr. Gallina.
in New York, NY |
Awful Dr. office to deal with. After confirming I would only owe a co-pay they proceeded to charge me more because their rate is higher than the negotiated rate with the insurance company. Their stance is that they have 'no way of knowing' about my deductible, but they ABSOLUTELY know that their rate is higher than the contracted rate, and choose to not respect the patient's right to potentially incurring more cost. Go to a different doctor
New York, NY |
I have bi-lateral Achilles Tendonosis and Reynaud's disease. When I told Dr. Gallina that I had Reynaud's disease of the feet she said good luck with that. She performed a superficial examination of my right foot only. She did not want to examine my left foot. She refused to examine my large right toenail saying she doesn't do toenails. Toenails are listed on her website. She was curt, lacking compassion and dismissive in her tone.
Have you seen Dr. Jessica Gallina, MD?
Are you Dr. Gallina?