Dr. Jessica Edison, MD

Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics

Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics

Dr. Jessica Edison, MD is a Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric Specialist in Hoffman Estates, IL. Their office accepts new patients.

Dr. Jessica Edison, MD

AMITA Health Medical Group Pediatric Development Hoffman Estates

1555 Barrington Rd Hoffman Estates, IL 60169

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Edison treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Edison's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Overweight
  • Pediatric Obesity
  • Pediatric Overweight
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders

Dr. Edison accepts

Dr. Edison accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Preferred PPO

Dr. Edison's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Edison

2.6

We had a great experience in our three appointments with Dr. Edison. She wasn't cruel or detached, as others have mentioned. She simply followed the protocols to screen and assess my child properly. Sometimes that protocol includes creating situations that may be uncomfortable or odd in order to see how the child will react. It would serve parents well to become informed how a developmental pediatrician utilizes observation to get a full picture of what your child is struggling with. I never felt she was rude, just task oriented. She went through my son's medical and behavioral history in extreme detail, asked excellent follow up questions, and exercised reservation when it came to both diagnosis and medication. I've recommended her to several other families already because I trusted her detail oriented approach. Like all doctors in the field, her waiting list is long, but her office staff was organized and gracious.
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't explain conditions well
JZ – Feb 19, 2022
Dr. Edison's Reply –
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessica Edison, MD?
My son was diagnosed with being on the spectrum. I really enjoyed the staff, the three women who assessed my son were very friendly and encouraging. Don't have anything to complain really, just perhaps Dr. Edison could spend a bit more time afterwards to discuss stuff. But she was very helpful in pointing us in the right direction in regards to outpatient help for my child.
Lily Villalobos – Feb 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessica Edison, MD?
Jessica Edison was cold and callous with our son. She diagnosed him at 2 with autism because he refused to interact with her. She should not be working with children at all. My son is now four and makes eye contact with us, talks to us and also knows math and how to read at a 5th grade level. This woman knows nothing of what she is doing or how to help children. She's apathetic and cruel. You don't throw a ball on the floor and tell a child to go fetch it. What kind of person does that? My son is not a dog.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
JR – Feb 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessica Edison, MD?
My child met with many teachers and Dr's. With little difficulty they usualIy love him.. I agree with the other review, she was cold and not empathetic. Seemed to have no rapport with children. She was irritated by his mask not covering his nose. He was tired and really not able to engage with her. He finally threw the mask and spit reacting to her disgust. We finally left with her plan to reschedule. We will not be returning.
Oct 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessica Edison, MD?
I normally don't leave reviews on providers,  but decided that I should let others know my experience. My child was diagnosed with autism, as well as 3 other different diagnoses by Dr. Edison. Never, have I come across a more flat, and cold provider,  (and thats saying a a lot because I'm a nurse and have worked with many physicians in my career.) After spending 10-15 minutes with my son, and treating him as though he was a specimen, I was informed of 4 different diagnoses by this provider. I bursted out into complete tears and her response was, "Well weren't you expecting this?" I was in complete shock of the reaction I received by this provider. I  understand that it was only a medical diagnostic, but but it would have been nice if this provider would have been more empathetic. I highly recommend parents to seek out a different provider if they can. Will definitely  NOT be continuing care with this provider.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Nov 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessica Edison, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Edison?

• Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics

• Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics
  • Pediatrics

Is Dr. Jessica Edison, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Jessica Edison, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Edison's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Jessica Edison, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Edison accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Jessica Edison, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Edison frequently treats ADHD and-or ADD, Anxiety, and Overweight. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Edison treats.

Where is Dr. Jessica Edison, MD's office located?

Dr. Edison's office is located at 1555 Barrington Rd, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Jessica Edison, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Edison has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Jessica Edison, MD?

AMITA Health Medical Group Pediatric Development Hoffman Estates1555 Barrington Rd Hoffman Estates, IL 60169