Dr. Jessica Bloom, MD

Dr. Jessica Bloom, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Jessica Bloom, MD is a family medicine specialist in Bellingham, WA and has been practicing for 20 years. She graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School in 1998 and specializes in family medicine, adolescent medicine, and more.Read her story

3500 Orchard Pl

Bellingham, WA 98225

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Bloom

Dr. Bloom's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bloom "I feel very fortunate to do what I do, where I do. I've been practicing in Bellingham since 2005. After graduating from the University of Michigan Medical School, I completed my family medicine residency at Oregon Health & Sciences University in Portland. After residency, my husband, Dr. Ed Bloom, and I spent the next few years in San Antonio with the US Air Force. Our daughter was born there, and yes, military camouflage comes in maternity sizes. We returned to the Northwest and had two more lovely children after completing our military service. I am pleased to care for families in many stages and situations. I have been privileged to provide maternity care and continue with the care of children. I also take care of many grandparents. My patients range from 0 to 102 years old. I believe in prevention when possible and optimized treatment when necessary. I am fortunate to work with excellent nurses, physicians and nurse practitioners. When I am not in the office, I know that my patients can obtain care in our clinic or at our Family Care Network After-Hours Urgent Care Clinic. When I'm not in the office, I am busy with a life typical for parents of young children. When I'm not Dr. Bloom, I'm taxi, homework monitor and soccer cheerleader. I also am a runner. When our youngest was still a baby, I started to run. It was just a little at first, but now I've completed a number of half-marathons. I mention this because it is part of my message of prevention to my patients. While balance in our lives is tough to maintain, I champion it for my patients, my friends and myself. I cannot in good faith talk-the-talk, unless I am willing to walk-the-walk. That means getting a run in even when I'm busy or tired. It means that when I am in an exam room, I am fully with that patient. And when I am home, I try to be fully with my family. So, if you're my patient and you see me on the trails running, (slowly, I know) say hi if you'd like. I love to see you all out enjoying this beautiful town."

This content was provided by Dr. Bloom "I am pleased to care for families in many stages and situations. I have been privileged to provide maternity care and continue with the care of children. I also take care of many grandparents. My patients range from 0 to 102 years old. I believe in prevention when possible and optimized treatment when necessary."

• Adolescent Medicine

• Immunization
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of Michigan Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Oregon Health Sciences University

Dr. Bloom has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bloom does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bloom and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bloom's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bloom

3.5

Dr. Bloom?
Dr. Bloom's Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Bloom?