Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine ·  Male · Age 39

Dr. Mukalel

Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD is an interventional pain medicine specialist in The Woodlands, TX and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from Saint James School of Medicine in 2006 and specializes in interventional pain medicine, pain medicine, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Mukalel accepts

Dr. Mukalel accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Simply Healthcare Plans
Tricare
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Mukalel's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Chest Wall Pain Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Discography
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • IV Therapy
  • Joint Injection
  • Ketamine Infusions
  • Knee Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Pain
  • Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuromodulation
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Pain Management
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
  • Phantom Limb Pain
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Popliteal Entrapment
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Ulnar Nerve Entrapment at Wrist
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Mukalel dedicate's himself to providing you the OPTIONS so that YOU can CHOOSE THE RELIEF!

• Interventional Pain Medicine
  • Acute Pain Medicine
  • Headache Management
  • Infusion Therapy Nursing

2015
Florida Spine Institute, Clearwater, FL
2011
University of Pittsburg Medical Center, Acute Interventional Perioperative Pain Management
2010

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mukalel

Dr. Mukalel?
Dr. Mukalel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD
Dr. Mukalel is Amazing!!! I have seen multiple doctors and had multiple procedures. With one procedure Dr. Mukalel removed all sciatic pain!!! He then moved to the severe back pain, again he has Showed me what life is like without pain, for the first time in years!! Hands down, a wonderful, knowledible, caring, compassionate doctor!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Muke and his entire Florida staff are outstanding caregivers. I have degenerative arthritis impacting my neck and back. Surgery was not an option. Dr. Muke’s expertise and thoughtful , kind manner helped relieve pain beyond my expectation. I was always treated Ina respectful manner and on time. I can't say enough to convey how grateful I am for the doctor's help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
I was very impressed with the Advanced Care that was directed to find the true cause and treatment for the pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel helped me with my low back pain without pushing drugs. The procedure he performed watery helpful and I can finally turn over in bed without dreading the pain. He is personable and diagnosed my pain accurately. I would definitely recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Was very apprehensive about having anyone touch my back much less the idea of any procedures. I am a nurse which makes not such a good pt. Dr M was able to explain and demonstrate what he felt would benefit my pain. RFA has been effective and my apprehension was relieved as well as the majority of pain. In time w/some therapy i have all confidence that i will be able to be able to function at a higher level. Thanks Dr M and staff!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel listened and addressed all concerns. He is very helpful in suggesting treatment options and working with my insurance company.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
"Best decision I ever made!" ~James Avery I've worked 35 years in the construction industry and have the back to prove it. I refused to take opioids because I did not want to be a victim of the epidemic so I lived in constant pain. I stopped living my life, playing with my children and being active. Dr. Mukalel's treatment has re-opened the door to my life. Within days, I was spending more time with my children, taking them out and engaging with them through family activities. Thank you!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
It’s been refreshing to finally find a doctor that was more interested in helping to find a reason for the pain instead of pushing pills. Dr. Mukalel is the third doctor I have gone to, to help with my chronic pain. The first doctor tried a couple procedures but when they did not work he immediately started prescribing opioids The bottom line is I now have a Spinal Stimulator, installed by Dr. Mukalel, and I'm on a non opioid drug. I finally have a life that is not controlled by drugs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel has truly changed my life. After being on pain medications for my constant back pain and migraines he was able to help me!! I was told by the orthopedic doctor that they could do nothing for me, but that changed the day I met Dr. Mukalel!! He has a great dedication to his patients and truly cares about us. He also listens which is a BIG plus in my book. After seeing him I rarely have migraine headaches and live a much healthier and productive life!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
This man is the most caring and is so interested in helping you to achieve a pain free life. My other pain doctor said he could no longer help me. Dr. Mukalel said he could help and did. We tried things, even a pain stimulator for my back. It worked!!!!!!! My faith in Dr. Mukalel is very well founded. A great doctor, honest, caring and very knowledgeable. I would and have recommended Dr. Mukalel to friends and family
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel is the first physician to actually perform a complete physical exam to determine the source of my back pain. As a result, two separate areas were identified as being the most likely source and a treatment plan put into place. I finally have hope after months of sleepless nights due back pain. Dr Mukalel believes I can even play golf again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr Mook starts with a plan and finishes with results. He got me off opioids and showed me how interventional therapies are better, sustainable, long term pain solutions. His staff is amazing which goes to show how everyone is on the same page regarding treatment goals. He did PRP thereapies on my foot when others couldn’t fix the problem and now for the first time in over a year I can actually walk. Best part is I didn’t have to pay a penny for the PRP, as others charge over $1000!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
If I could give negative stars I would..horrible experience with dr..my husband saw him after a catastrophic accident with a semi with many severe injuries. After several failed treatments dr suggested a stimulator..trial went good but actual permanent implantation was a complete failure!! And dr attempted two more times..also complete failures..dr admitted mistakes being made, accepted no responsibility blames it all on rep from scs company doesn't even remember what he did during surgeries, th
Sorry you felt that way. I spent an extensive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
As a Nurse who has worked with many pain management physicians, I didn't hesitate to call Dr. Mukalel first when I suffered a back injury in the gym. Even though his office was over an hour away from my house I knew from experience that he was the doctor I wanted to take of me. Unlike other pain management physicians Dr. Mukalel prefers to explore all treatment/ therapy options before prescribing pain medicine. From check in to check out his whole office staff was friendly an professional.
Thanks Sebrina! For your lifestyle and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel and his staff are amazing. I went into his office with pain from a herniated disc that was just whipping my butt. I did not want surgery and I did not want opioids. I wanted to be pain free. I wanted my life back. Dr. Mukalel explained in detail what he was going to do and exactly what I I would feel during the procedure. He took the time to educate my wife and I exactly what was going on and why I was feeling this pain. Thank you so much Dr. Mukalel, I am feeling awesome!
thanks for the kind words Don! First class...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Mukalel! I have suffered from a torn meniscus for over 6 months. I have tried numerous methods to correct the problem all under doctor's orders. Nothing worked. He suggested giving me a platelet rich plasma (PRP) injection. He persuaded my insurance company for approval He gave me a PRP injection and finally I have felt great relief! I will be forever grateful to this wonderful doctor who thoroughly assessed the situation and executed a great treatment plan!
One of my favorite patients. Glad I could fix...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Never have I had a doctor take the time to explain exactly what the treatment plan was . Dr. Mukalel is a cut way above the rest. I have already recommended him to numerous friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
We found Dr. Mukalel very empathetic, understanding and knowledgeable dealing with the lower back injury I had. When I first met him on a referral from Dr. Robaina I was suffering at a 25 on a scale of 1-10. He was systematic and methodical in resolving my situation. With the exercises he gave me to complete after the completing the treatments I'm at the point of eliminating my limp. I would highly recommend the Doc to anyone!!!!!!
Chuck, those RFA's for your vertebral fractures...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel has a great personality that makes his patients comfortably discuss his or her medical problem. He listens and and answers questions so that the patients understand him clearly. I am very happy to recommend Dr. Mukalel to family and friends who are suffering from chronic pain because he has the experience and expertise to provide the best medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel was very knowledgeable and personable. He was thorough and took the time to explain my options and the procedures he recommends. I walked in his office with pain in my hip and walked out pain free. Thank you Dr. Muke!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Mukalel?

Superior Pain Relief, The woodlands, Texas

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mukalel treats patients.

South Bay Hospital