Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine •  Male • Age 40

Dr. Mukalel

PainMD Houston

10857 Kuykendahl Rd Ste 120 The Woodlands, TX 77382

Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD is a Interventional Pain Medicine Specialist in The Woodlands, TX and has over 14 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Mukalel has more experience with Pain Management and Spine than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Saint James School of Medicine medical school in 2006. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as CHI St. Luke's Health - The Woodlands Hospital and Florida Hospital Zephyrhills. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Mukalel to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Pain Medicine Doctors in your area

See similar Pain Medicine Doctors in The Woodlands

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Mukalel accepts

Dr. Mukalel accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Simply Healthcare Plans
Tricare
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Pain Management

Pain management specialists diagnose and treat pain and pain-related conditions through procedures including medication, electrical stimulation, physical therapy, and alternative therapies such as acupuncture.Compare with other Pain Management specialists.

Typically treats 67% more than their peers

Nerve Block, Somatic

Dr. Mukalel performs Nerve Block, Somatic more than 88% of their peers

Dr. Mukalel performs this procedure more than 88% of their peers

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Typically treats 57% more than their peers

• Chronic Pain
  • Discography
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Facet Joint Injection
  • Facial Pain
  • Fluoroscopy
  • Foot Pain
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Arthritis
  • Hip Pain
  • HPC Transplantation (Stem Cell Transplant)
  • IV Therapy
  • Joint Injection
  • Jumper Syndrome
  • Ketamine Infusions
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Pain
  • Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Mi-Eye Arthroscopy
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuromodulation
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
  • Phantom Limb Pain
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Popliteal Entrapment
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Torticollis
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Ulnar Nerve Entrapment at Wrist
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Upper Back Pain

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Mukalel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mukalel

Dr. Mukalel?
What People Say About Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD
I’ve lived with chronic pain over 25 years. I actually was afraid when I went to see Dr. Mukalel. I was so afraid he would take away my pain meds that are somewhat working. Dr. Mukalel walked in the room, his personality and knowledge were overwhelming. I’ve been given meds for years that are making me worse! He was so very knowledgeable but I still had fear. We left with a plan to return next week for a procedure. He’s referring me to some different specialists. My husband was quiet because he knew how anxious I was just by my face. I was so deep in thought and I got on the internet and read what other people were saying. What they were saying only confirmed what I was feeling! I know Dr. Mukalel is the answer to my prayers! I’m all in on the treatments he advises for me! Thank you Dr. Baig for referring me! I look forward to seeing the changes in my health! I wish it was next Thursday and I was back in his office starting my new treatments! I’m actually excited!
Janis Fellers – Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
I was very impressed by Dr. Mukalel. Looking forward to living without pain or drugs. I regret not meeting years ago.
George Bonelli – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
The experience from the moment you step into the clinic was great, staff is friendly and always willing to help you, Dr. Mukalel takes the time to evaluate the patient and do the required studies himself (if required), explained the patient with clarity and respond to any questions making you comfortable with the diagnostic and the treatment, and most importantly, it takes care of the problem! Thank you.
Oscar Riveron – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
I was in a car accident 12 years ago without injuries so I thought. I also work a desk job where I sit for 8 hours at a computer daily. A year after the accident, I began experiencing neck pain which worsened over time. I had several MRIs which showed protrusions and bulging discs. In the past two years, the pain became restricting. I began experiencing dizziness and occasional headaches. I went to many doctors with my medical records with no solution. I found Dr. Mukalel and right away, he was easy to talk, very knowledgeable, and most importantly had a solution. I was skeptical at first but put my trust in him and moved forward with the Radio-frequency Ablation procedure. Dr Mukalel performed the outpatient procedure and I was back to work the next day. It’s been two months and I feel so much better. I work in the medical field and highly recommend Dr. Mukalel. He cares about his patients and finding a solution.
Highly Recommend – Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Have recommended Dr. Mukalel to several people and have not heard any negative feedback. If Dr. Mukalel can't fix the pain or refer you to someone who can, that is some mean pain. Highly recommend Dr. Mukalel for any pain issues.
Pete P – Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
I had a dx of oxcipitol neuralgia and Dr Mukalel pin pointed the cause and used PRP giving me ongoing pain relief. After the intense pain I was in it is a miracle to be free of pain. It has been 3 months and continue to be pain free.
Bonnie McClain – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
I visited Dr Mukalel with severe lower back pain. After reviewing my medical history, Dr Mukalel drew the key nerve trunks leading to the lumbar region. He provided a simple, detailed procedure used to isolate/identify the pain location. The treatment eliminated some 80 to 90 percent of my pain. Thank you Dr Mukalel and staff!
Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel is Amazing!!! I have seen multiple doctors and had multiple procedures. With one procedure Dr. Mukalel removed all sciatic pain!!! He then moved to the severe back pain, again he has Showed me what life is like without pain, for the first time in years!! Hands down, a wonderful, knowledible, caring, compassionate doctor!!!
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Muke and his entire Florida staff are outstanding caregivers. I have degenerative arthritis impacting my neck and back. Surgery was not an option. Dr. Muke’s expertise and thoughtful , kind manner helped relieve pain beyond my expectation. I was always treated Ina respectful manner and on time. I can't say enough to convey how grateful I am for the doctor's help.
JaAnn in Riverview, FL – Aug 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
I was very impressed with the Advanced Care that was directed to find the true cause and treatment for the pain.
Ashley K in Valrico, FL – Jul 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel helped me with my low back pain without pushing drugs. The procedure he performed watery helpful and I can finally turn over in bed without dreading the pain. He is personable and diagnosed my pain accurately. I would definitely recommend him.
Carol in Sun City Center, FL – Jun 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Was very apprehensive about having anyone touch my back much less the idea of any procedures. I am a nurse which makes not such a good pt. Dr M was able to explain and demonstrate what he felt would benefit my pain. RFA has been effective and my apprehension was relieved as well as the majority of pain. In time w/some therapy i have all confidence that i will be able to be able to function at a higher level. Thanks Dr M and staff!!!
Ellen – Jun 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel listened and addressed all concerns. He is very helpful in suggesting treatment options and working with my insurance company.
Roseann W. in Sun City Center, FL – Jun 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
"Best decision I ever made!" ~James Avery I've worked 35 years in the construction industry and have the back to prove it. I refused to take opioids because I did not want to be a victim of the epidemic so I lived in constant pain. I stopped living my life, playing with my children and being active. Dr. Mukalel's treatment has re-opened the door to my life. Within days, I was spending more time with my children, taking them out and engaging with them through family activities. Thank you!!!
James Avery – Jun 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
It’s been refreshing to finally find a doctor that was more interested in helping to find a reason for the pain instead of pushing pills. Dr. Mukalel is the third doctor I have gone to, to help with my chronic pain. The first doctor tried a couple procedures but when they did not work he immediately started prescribing opioids The bottom line is I now have a Spinal Stimulator, installed by Dr. Mukalel, and I'm on a non opioid drug. I finally have a life that is not controlled by drugs.
Terry in Lithia – Jun 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel has truly changed my life. After being on pain medications for my constant back pain and migraines he was able to help me!! I was told by the orthopedic doctor that they could do nothing for me, but that changed the day I met Dr. Mukalel!! He has a great dedication to his patients and truly cares about us. He also listens which is a BIG plus in my book. After seeing him I rarely have migraine headaches and live a much healthier and productive life!!
Amy Crater in Apollo Beach, FL – Jun 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
This man is the most caring and is so interested in helping you to achieve a pain free life. My other pain doctor said he could no longer help me. Dr. Mukalel said he could help and did. We tried things, even a pain stimulator for my back. It worked!!!!!!! My faith in Dr. Mukalel is very well founded. A great doctor, honest, caring and very knowledgeable. I would and have recommended Dr. Mukalel to friends and family
Linda Helmer in Ruskin, FL – May 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr. Mukalel is the first physician to actually perform a complete physical exam to determine the source of my back pain. As a result, two separate areas were identified as being the most likely source and a treatment plan put into place. I finally have hope after months of sleepless nights due back pain. Dr Mukalel believes I can even play golf again!
PattiD in Sun City Center, FL – May 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
Dr Mook starts with a plan and finishes with results. He got me off opioids and showed me how interventional therapies are better, sustainable, long term pain solutions. His staff is amazing which goes to show how everyone is on the same page regarding treatment goals. He did PRP thereapies on my foot when others couldn’t fix the problem and now for the first time in over a year I can actually walk. Best part is I didn’t have to pay a penny for the PRP, as others charge over $1000!
May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?
If I could give negative stars I would..horrible experience with dr..my husband saw him after a catastrophic accident with a semi with many severe injuries. After several failed treatments dr suggested a stimulator..trial went good but actual permanent implantation was a complete failure!! And dr attempted two more times..also complete failures..dr admitted mistakes being made, accepted no responsibility blames it all on rep from scs company doesn't even remember what he did during surgeries, th
GIBSONTON – May 01, 2018
Sorry you felt that way. I spent an extensive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jessen Mukalel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mukalel?

Dr. Mukalel dedicate's himself to providing you the OPTIONS so that YOU can CHOOSE THE RELIEF!

• Interventional Pain Medicine
  • Acute Pain Medicine
  • Headache Management
  • Infusion Therapy Nursing

2015
Florida Spine Institute, Clearwater, FL
2011
University of Pittsburg Medical Center, Acute Interventional Perioperative Pain Management
2010
University of Debrecen Health and Science Center

• Hungarian
  • Malayalam

More Information

• Does Dr. Mukalel communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Mukalel communicates via email

• Does Dr. Mukalel offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Mukalel offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Mukalel offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Mukalel offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Mukalel have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Mukalel has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Mukalel offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Mukalel offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Mukalel offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Mukalel offers evening visits