Dr. Jesse Doty, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

UT Erlanger Orthopaedics 979 E 3rd St Ste C225 Chattanooga, TN 37403 Get Directions
Dr. Jesse Doty, MD
Dr. Jesse Doty, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Chattanooga, TN. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Doty is affiliated with Erlanger Medical Center.

Dr. Doty's Experience

See how Dr. Doty's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Doty

Dr. Doty accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Doty has admitting privileges.

Dr. Doty's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Doty to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Doty's Performance
in Cleveland, TN |
Dr. Doty, saved my leg from having to be amputated.
Viera, FL |
Dr Doty is outstanding, knowledgeable and compassionate. We were blessed to have him care for my mother in an emergency situation. He was attentive and did a great job! Mom is doing great from her Nov. 12 open compound fracture because of his experience and expertise. Thank you!
in Rome, GA |
Very professional, courteous, and patient oriented. Takes time to assure patient understands treatment recommendations, followup procedures, as well as the need for patient to completely adhere to any physical therapy guidelines. Dr. Doty and assistants take care to fully explain all aspects of treatment. Staff is well trained and definitely friendly to all patients and any attendants with them. The staff makes it easy to pass through the procedures upon arrival/egress from the suite.
in Dalton, GA |
Dr. Jesse Doty performed a total ankle replacement on me and I cannot praise him enough for the excellent work he did. I would recommend him to anyone. He is caring, compassionate, and patient. Not all doctors have all of these qualities but Dr. Doty does. His staff is excellent. They are professional and very organized. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Doty and his staff.
Ooltewah, TN |
During the visit, Mr. Chapman stepped out of the room to ask Dr. Doty to give his perspective on my injury (ruptured Achilles Tendon). My friend and I overheard Dr. Doty through the door that I needed surgery. He entered my exam room, he looked at my chart, realized I had no medical insurance, stated "I see you dont have medical insurance". I replied "no, I dont". Dr Doty closes my chart. Tells me that Mr Chapman will tell me what to do. He NEVER EXAMINED ME. But told Chapman I passed the test.
in Winchester, TN |
i had a tib/pin inserted after a serious snow skiing accident in 2009. i have consulted with 3 other orthopedic surgeons prior to contacting dr doty. all other doctors had different diagnosis,of why i was still unable to walk without pain, some wanted to do radical procedures to my leg which would of left me disabled for life. after consulting with dr doty i finally was able to find a doctor who listened to my problem and took into consideration what i thought the problem was. pain gone thankyou
in Dunlap, TN |
I had my right great toe fused because I was in extreme pain from osteoarthritis. Dr Doty was an amazing surgeon. I am now pain-free. His bedside manner is also wonderful.
Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Doty and staff are great!
in Sale Creek, TN |
I decided to go see Dr. Doty after having about 10-12 years of heal pain & many different doctors telling me these diagnosis: Tumor, Cyst, fluid buildup, Diabetic Nerve Pain (although I'm not a Diabetic) & some had no idea until DR. DOTY CAME INTO THE PICTURE!!!! He knew exactly what was wrong with my foot. I had torn my Achilles Tendon along with other damage. June 7, 2016, surgery was done & I have no more pain. Thank you to Dr. Doty, Physicians Asst. Joel and the rest of the Staff!!!
chattanooga, TN |
Very professional, thorough, and informed. Impressed that he provided information packets and a website for patient education.
in Ft Payne, AL |
Dr. Doty corrected a disaster, that another surgeon made a mess of, on my husbands lower leg, he is an excellent orthopedic surgeon that is truly gifted, I actually cannot say enough good things about him, our story is to long and complicated to be able to this this review justice, due to the characters they allow you to type for this review, I really can't imagine anyone giving him or his amazing staff a bad review, he is truly what every doctor should be TOTALY GIFTED AND AWESOME!
in Hixson, Tn. |
I have been to his office for 2 visits now. John his Physician's assistant is great, professional and caring and then Dr. Doty came in to see me, the same respect from him. The front desk is great and always smiling. The assistants that come out to get you are spectacular. Office is immaculate and easy to get to. He takes the time to answer your questions and truly cares about you. That is what will make my upcoming surgery better is to know they are there for me.
in Decatur, TN |
I injured the front of my foot in a fall. One surgeon in the Knoxville area refused my case, and another surgeon couldn't help me. I contacted a doctor in Chattanooga who referred me to Dr. Doty. Although the damage was atypical, he took the time to evaluate and research my case. I am now 6 months post-surgery, and have definitely improved my quality of life. I can once again walk normally without pain.
in Chattanooga, TN |
My experience with Dr. Doty and his staff was great until the day after surgery. One of my nerve blocks kinked, which caused a great deal of pain, I put a call in to his office and never received a call back from him. A week later during a follow up appt., I requested more pain medication (due to having needed to take more than expected) and was treated like a criminal by his staff. Dr. Doty once again failed to return any of my calls and I was sent home to suffer in a great deal of pain.
in Murphy, NC |
After being in an extremely serious car accident, Dr. Doty saved both of my legs. He also repaired the Radius bone in my left arm. It is with heartfelt appreciation that I thank Dr. Doty and his entire staff. The friendliness, courtesy and care from everyone that works at Dr. Doty's office made an unpleasant situation a pleasant one. I cannot thank everyone enough. I would highly recommend Dr. Doty to both my family and friends,
in Murphy, NC |
After being in a serious car accident, Dr. Doty saved my right foot. He also repaired my left Ankle and my leg. I appreciate Dr. Doty and his staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Doty to my family and friends,
in Chattanooga, TN |
I had a fusion on the big toe on my right foot. Dr. Doty did not push me to make a decision but I made the decision to proceed on our first visit. My daughter, who is an RN, came with me and she was also very impressed with Dr. Doty. He did an incredible job of sewing my toe back together and the scar on the back of my calf was also very well sewn. It has been a little over four months since my surgery and you have to look for the scar running down the center of my big toe and into my foot.
in Chattanooga, TN |
The staff is very friendly and personable. Dr. Doty is personable, knowledgeable and thorough. The visit was one of the most pleasant that I have had with a physician in Chattanooga. He made very specific recommendations as to what I needed to do to take care of my problem. I can recommend him without reservation.
in Sweetwater, TN |
He took his time and explained in detail what was wrong with my foot. He also gave me conservative treatment plans as well as a surgical plan. He told me the bad as well as the good and did not pressure me to make a decision. I highly recommend Dr. Doty.
in Trenton, TN |
I would recommend him to anyone having ankle problems. I had an ankle replacement and am very pleased.
He's knowledgable but cocky-which I don't mind but when there is no mix of compassion and real time with patient, it's not good. And what I really wanted was to be informed so I can make an informed decision on a very important decision to the quality of my future. He expects us to know what he knows! Talk to your patients!! Make sure they understand. It's your job description too! We're not robots but people. He needs to remember he could be the patient someday. He needs to get a grip on this
Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. did not care about the problem. He was hatefully and not understanding. In the room less than 5 mins and did not check record of events that led to the problem. Horrible experience. Dr. does not seem to care about patients at all. Most of the other staff is friendly. Would not recommend him to anyone. Do not trust his judgement.
Nice guy I'm sure, but he literally was in the room with me possibly 3-5 minutes with a displaced 5th metatarsal. Now going for a 2nd opinion to another doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Jesse Doty, MD?
Are you Dr. Doty?

Compare Dr. Doty

Dr. Doty's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Wrist Fracture

Univ Of Tn Hlth Sci Ctr

Graduated in 2007

Dr. Doty does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Doty and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Achilles Tenotomy