Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD

Dr. Affonso
Telehealth services available

Cape Cod Orthopaedics and Sports

130 North St Hyannis, MA 02601

Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery specialist in Hyannis, MA. He specializes in orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgeons in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Affonso accepts

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Affonso's experience treating your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Dr. Affonso's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Affonso

Dr. Affonso?
Dr. Affonso's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD
Wonderful Doctor ! Very personable,caring, fills you with confidence along with his PA Donovan Driscoll. I had several complications going into a reverse shoulder replacement. Working with them they reassured me they had my best interests and it was a complete success.After only a few days I was off all pain meds. and in 3wks. I started PT at CC Ortho. Now after 8 wks I'm raking my gardens painfree. I highly recommend Dr. Affonso...
N CHARTRAND – May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
I am 67 and have been a carpenter for 45 years. After two failed rotator cuff surgeries, I went to see Dr. Affonso about a reverse shoulder procedure. He did a great job of explaining the procedure and what I could expect from it. Surgery at Cape Cod Hospital went smoothly and Dr. and staff were very professional and caring. I am 10 weeks out and have achieved mobility that far exceeds my expectations.
Mike D – May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
Dr A helped me immensely. He replaced my shoulder - “a regular shoulder replacement!” He taught me about the difference between a total shoulder and a reverse total shoulder. On my surgery date Dr A had “both types available.” I had a regular shoulder replacement 2 years ago and could not be happier. No pain at all! 90% motion. Able to swim / golf / pickle ball. Thank you!
May 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
Dr. Affonso has, on more than one occasion, saved my life - at least my sports life. Most recently, I saw Dr. Affonso for help with a nagging and debilitating case of tennis elbow that prevented me from playing tennis. He offered me conservative treatments, and I tried them all, but when nothing worked after 6 months, he performed surgery to correct both tennis elbow and golfer's elbow. (Lucky me, I had both even though I don't even play golf.) The surgery was on November 2nd and by the middle of January I was beginning to play tennis again. In February of the following year I was able to play 6 matches in 3 days and help my team win the 65&Over National Championship. Without his skill and care, I never would have had that opportunity. He's a great doctor with a great sense of humor and real compassion for his patients. I will always be grateful for what he has done for me.
Peter Weinman – May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
My rotator cuff surgery was a challenge. I had 4 tendons snapped off . Dr Affonso clearly explained the procedure and the recovery time. I was 72 at the time. I was off the pain meds within 2 weeks. After 5 months I am back to my normal routine at the gym and pain free with full range of motion
Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
Overall pleasant experience. Seemed like a nice guy. I dealt mostly with PA. I had a straightforward problem. Dr. A fixed it. I would recommend.
Apr 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
Recently saw this doc during Covid quarantine. He diagnosed my biceps tendon tear, scheduled surgery and fixed it. No problems. He was professional, punctual and so far so good.
Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
Well if you can get through to someone and then beg to be seen - Dr. Affonso is well worth it! Kind, funny, easy going, grEat listener. He promised me no pain and 85% function of my arm after a reverse shoulder replacement and he delivered. Thank you.
Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
I wish I could have visited. After having my rotator cuff torn, the ER referred me to the ortho doctor on call. I went to his office, he told me I had a full torn rotator cuff and an MRI was going to be ordered. While waiting for the MRI call (still waiting three days after visit), friends highly recommended Dr. Affonso. I called his office to make an appointment. The woman that answered the phone in his office would not allow me to make an appointment. She said I can’t go to another doctor, I said, even for a second opinion? She said no, you have a doctor you have to stay with him. I asked if this is a Cape Cod thing. She didn’t answer. After more discussion she made it clear that I would not be able to get an appointment. I hope the doctor reads this, because I believe this is an ethical issue. Are you required to stay with the “on call” ER specialist just because? Is this an agreement made up by cape cod doctors?
Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
Finally found an orthopedic doctor that is knowledgeable about my issue and took the first steps today to alleviate the pain. Also, nice to meet a doctor with a personality.
Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
Dr. Jesse is fantastic. I had a total reverse shoulder replacement and was apprehensive going into it. He set my mind at ease with his explanations and knowledge. His great sense of humor didn't hurt! I had many, probably obvious, questions and he took all the time I needed to answer them. I couldn't believe how basically pain-free the surgery and recovery were. I'm a total believer that if you follow through with all the PT and home exercise you heal in record time!
Barbara Durst in East Dennis, MA – Jan 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
Dr. Affonso's knowledge of current medical practices and expertise is exemplary. He thoroughly explained the procedure, clearly answered my questions and was always accessible. He did it all with a positive "bedside manner" and often with a sense of humor.
Karen Schrader in Brewster, MA – Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
Dr. Affonso provided excellent care and advice on my shoulder impingement surgery. He and is qualified staff took the time to listen and address all of my concerns prior to and after the procedure.
Lorna Steinruck in Eastham, MA – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
So good with 2018 reconstruction of my right reverse shoulder replacement I'm having the left shoulder done in 2019. From office personnel to hospital staff to physical therapists I heard only highly positive comments. Best of all I learned that moving my arm to a 90% angle from my body would be an acceptable outcome. I can move my arm to a 125% angle. All around great experience.
Pat Perris in Centerville, MA – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
I was thrilled to know that there was now a doctor on Cape that performs the relatively unusual surgery of Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement, since I had to go to Boston for my other one eight years previous.. From the start, Dr Affonso was very reassuring and confident that I would have success. He always answered any questions and concerns I had in an unrushed and cordial manner. He is a thorough and careful doctor - very thoughtful and attentive.
Liz in West Yarmouth, MA – Jan 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
My husband, aged 83, fell & broke his hip on a weekend and needed emergency surgery. He has COPD, cardiomegaly, HBP, degenerative spinal disease, and positional respiratory distress. He was admitted to the CCU pre-surgery & ICU afterward. Dr. Affonso's personality, manner & professionalism were enough to reassure us in what to expect. Post surgery, he was involved fully in rehab & we were totally confident in his care. I would not hesitate to recommend him or return to him for any further care.
Dianne (James) Roderick in Yarmouth Port, MA – Dec 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
Dr. Affonso is excellent. He has a good personality and friendly manner.
David Cayton in Dennis, MA – Sep 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
After living with elbow pain, hoping it would improve in time, Dr. Affonso advised me this hope may come true, but in much less time with his help. He was absolutely right. From our first appointment, through surgery, and follow up visits, I felt completely certain that he was the best doctor for me, and the amazing results truly are confirmation that I made the right choice with Dr. Jesse Affonso. You should, too! And you will absolutely love all of the staff Cape Cod Orthopaedics. They rock!
Patti McIntosh in Mashpee, MA – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
We have had a Great experience with Dr Affonso with our seven year old son that fractured his arm at school. After a very traumatic injury, Dr Affonso calmed both my son and my fears. It is hard finding orthopedic care here on the cape for children. And was very happy that we did not have to be transported to Boston for care. Dr Affonso treated my son as if he was his own. The care they we received and still are receiving is more than I expected. I could not recommend him or his staff more.
Kelly S. in MA – Sep 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?
I had a very bad fall in Disney World on 2/2/18, resulting in a complete tear of three of the four tendons in my shoulder. Dr. Affonso's office got me right in as soon as my primary got the result of my MRI. Surgery was scheduled prior to leaving the office that day. Surgery went very well and the postoperative period was slow, but steadily progressive due to the excellent follow-up care by Dr. Affonso and his clinical team and the referrals to physical therapy.
Sep 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Affonso?

Our mission at Cape Cod Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, PC is to get you back to your life faster and fitter than before your injury!

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery