Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD

Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  |
Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery doctor who practices in Hyannis, MA. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Read his story

130 North St

Hyannis, MA 02601

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Affonso

See how frequently Dr. Affonso performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Shoulder Disorders
Broken Arm
Elbow Injuries

Dr. Affonso's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Affonso's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Affonso "Jesse Affonso, MD is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in elbow and shoulder injuries"

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• College Of The Holy Cross
  • University At Buffalo-State University Of New York
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Johns Hopkins University / School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Affonso has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Affonso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Affonso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Affonso's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Affonso to family and friends
Dr. Affonso's Performance
Centerville, MA |
Ruptured Biceps Tendin in Falmouth! Dr Jesse fixed my elbow. He reattached my biceps tendon. Very little pain. Getting through to the office was a little tough - but worth it. Thanks.
Thank you so much for your comments. We are very happy to hear that Dr Affonso and the staff of CCOSM have met your expectations! Keep up the great work!
in Yarmouth Port, MA |
Dr. Affonso is superb! I needed a total shoulder replacement and researched surgeons on Cape Cod, where I live, Boston and New Haven. My confidence in choosing him was 1000% warranted. He is highly skilled, informative, down to earth and very caring. Donovan Driscoll, PA and nursing staff are a great team! And the staff at Cape Cod Hospital were great as well. I cannot say enough.good things and highly recommend Dr. Affonso!
Thank you for letting us know that Cape Cod Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, Dr Affonso and the staff have met your expectations ! We are very happy to hear that you are doing so well, keep up the great work!
in Centerville, MA |
This doctor has changed my life with his skill and compassion. I have never met a more kind, funny, and skilled surgeon. He delivers exactly what he promised. He performed a reverse total shoulder and my pain went away! My motion has improved dramatically and some days I can't remember what shoulder he fixed! Thanks Again. I have recommended family and friends and will continue to do so!
We appreciate you sharing your positive experience! The Physicians and Staff of CCOSM strive to provide excellent orthopaedic care, thank you for letting us know we are reaching your expectations!
in Brewster, MA |
We retired to the cape in the past year and needed new health care providers. Both my wife & I needed shoulder surgery and were very fortunate to find Dr. Affonso. He couldn't have been more welcoming, personable and helpful to us. Rather than performing surgery, Dr. Affonso thought my wife would be better served by a particular procedure done by a Boston surgeon. It was a terrific outcome! Dr. Affonso did a very successful rotator cuff repair for me & I am recovering well. You're the best!
in Eastham, MA |
I am a 69 yr. old female in very good physical health who developed a pain in my right arm a few months ago. I saw Dr. Affonso and liked him immediately. He was upbeat, thorough in his exam of my arm's strength and capabilities and confident that he would be able to treat my issues. My MRI indicated a rotator cuff tear, a dislocation of my bicep tendon as well as an underlying inflammatory arthritis condition. He recommended surgery which he performed. Recovery was easy. Dr. A. is a marvel.
in Dennis, MA |
Dr. Alfonso's easy, friendly and caring manner was very reassuring during my office visits as well as my pre and post surgery visits. He listens and explains and is excellent at what he does. I have no regrets about my shoulder replacement surgery and would highly recommend him. He is the best!
in Eastham, MA |
I saw Dr. Affonso for shoulder bursitis. I was in pain and he helped me immensely with non surgical treatment of an injection. The procedure was quick and virtually painless so I am grateful that my PCP referred me to him. Dr. Affonso was able to see me in follow up at his satellite office close to home and also told me I could contact him directly via email if I had any questions or concerns. Dr. Affonso was so kind and friendly and put me at ease. He is an A+++ & highly recommended!
in West Falmouth, MA |
My experience under the care of Dr. Affonso was positive, reassuring and supportive from the day I met him. He impressed my husband and I that left no question in our minds that he should perform my complete shoulder replacement. He and his Medical Assistant Donovan Driscoll cared for me through the entire experience leaving me with no doubt that I had the best of care with the best results possible. I have recommended him to many friends and acquaintances who are considering surgery.
in Dennis, Ma. |
Dr. Affonso is a true gentleman. Extremely knowledgeable, explained everything well and really cares about his patients. He gave me options, other than surgery, for my shoulder problem which I have pursued with success. I would highly recommend him.
in Wareham, MA |
My experience was very positive.All of his staff efficient and kind, especially PA Donavan who was patient and allowed me the time to ask lots of questions. I was particularly surprised by how well my pain was controlled in the hospital and at home.
in Orleans, MA |
Extremely likely and have already done so several times.
in Hyannis, MA |
I. have received excellent care from Dr. Affonso . He is a gentlemen and he really cares.
in Provincetown, MA |
I am very pleased with the medical treatment I received from Dr. Affonso and his staff. I had two torn tendons repaired and replaced and six months later I have no pain or discomfort and have excellent range of motion. I would recommend Dr. Affonso for shoulder surgery.
in North Chatham, MA |
I was totally amazed at the results of my total shoulder replacement. Not only have I NOT experienced any pain since surgery, but my levels of discomfort and/or soreness from the post-op exercises and physical therapy were minimal. My range of motion is almost back to where it was before the shoulder went south on me prior to surgery. Jesse Affonso is skilled at his craft and at the same time personable and professional in his demeanor. What more can you ask for from a medical provider?
in Centerville, MA |
Total satisfaction with shoulder joint replacement surgery. This includes pre-op communication, post-op communication follow-through. 100% - couldn't be more satisfied.
in Barnstable, MA |
Dr Affonso was very pleasant to deal with, he answered all of my questions and I felt very confident the operation would be a success. I was not in extreme pain after the operation and within two days I was off the prescribed medications. My shoulder feels much better than prior to the surgery, I am gaining strength and back playing golf ahead of schedule. Plus i'm sleeping without pain.
I visited Dr. Affonso's office after experiencing low back/hip pain. Dr. Affonso was patient, professional, punctual, and extremely informative. He has a terrific sense of humor and it was clear he is well-liked by colleagues.
South Dennis, MA |
Over a period of time, my shoulders became bone on bone, restricting my motion due to sometimes excruciating pain. Dr. Affonso was recommended to me for the needed shoulder replacement surgeries (yes, I have two!). Frankly, I was apprehensive (he was so young!), but this is his specialty. The results are beyond my expectation. There's little I cannot do, but best of all, the pain is gone! If you need this surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Affonso.
in East Falmouth, MA |
Saw Dr. Affonzo to repair a rotator cuff that had been previously operated on. He was a highly recommended surgeon who specializes in shoulders. I was not disappointed! The surgery went extremely well and it healed quickly. The rehab and recovery time was much shorter than last time with another surgeon. I was very please with the result.
in Harwich, MA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Affonso as an Orthopedic Surgeon. My experience as a patient ,first time total reverse shoulder replacement ,has been positive from the beginning of the process. Each appointment the doctor took time to examine the area, check on my recovery progress and provide the script for the next segment of physical therapy. Dr. Affonso gave attention as to what were my expectations and provided encouragement for continued success with Physical Therapy.
in Hyannis, MA |
He explained everything extremely well so that I understood everything
in Provincetown, MA |
I am a seventy-year old male, a former serious tennis player that has worn out the cartilage in my knees and right shoulder. I've had cortisone shots, which did not offer lubrication. I discovered hyaluronic acid and Dr. Affonso injected my knees two years ago, and I remain pain free in my knees, if a little stiff. My rotator cuff, ball-and-socket in my right should is bone to bone, and we were approved for a series of should injections in January. Now I am 50% better.
in Yarmouth, MA |
This man is the Hand of God. He keeps me alive, he keeps me able to work, he keeps me pain free. He's always in a great mood, NEVER makes me feel 'rushed', answers all my questions thoroughly and understands I don't have a medical degree so I can understand his answers completely. If he moved to Tunisia, so would I. Highly recommended.
in Hyannis, MA |
Call for an appointment and never had a problem getting in to see Dr. Affonso in a timely manner. Staff is friendly and at the same time professional. Always has been on schedule. Excellent Doctor with exceptional personal skills. He knows who I am which makes me feel more comfortable. We have discussed options and reached decisions together. I feel he listens to my opinion. No wasted time during a visit.
in Chatham, MA |
My rotator cuff surgery, three tears, was extremely successful with Dr. Affonso. Explanation of procedure was thorough and all my fears relieved. The pain the first week after was very manageable with the meds taken on time. They did make me nauseous but I chose nausea over pain. Spent about 2 to 3 weeks in the large sling and then a little less in the smaller sling. PT started soon after and now six months after surgery all at home activities are great and I'm starting pickleball & golf again.
in Barnstable, MA |
I had a great experience with Dr. Affonso. He fixed my shoulder (large rotator cuff tear) and got me back to golf and kayaking. His office hours can be a little crazy - I had to wait an hour once. He also called to re-schedule on me several times, but I get it, he is busy. Overall, happy with my outcome. Rehab was a bear, but worth it. Thanks.
Centerville, MA |
Overall excellent experience. Do not be afraid of the Cape. Dr. Affonso was exceptional and replaced my mom's shoulder without any complications.
Have you seen Dr. Jesse Affonso, MD?

Visit Dr. Affonso