Dr. Jess Lonner, MD

Dr. Jess Lonner, MD

Joint Reconstruction Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Jess Lonner, MD is a joint reconstruction orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Bryn Mawr, PA. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Read his story

825 Old Lancaster Rd Ste 100

Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Lonner

See how frequently Dr. Lonner performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Surgery
Osteoarthritis of Knee
Bone Disorders

Dr. Lonner's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Lonner's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lonner "Dr. Lonner is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in the treatment of arthritis of the knee, as well as arthroscopic treatments for meniscus tears. He is an internationally recognized leader in minimally invasive partial and total knee replacement surgery, with a unique focus in robotic-assisted techniques. Patients from around the world have sought his care and countless surgeons have learned from him."

• Joint Reconstruction Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Boston University School of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Boston University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • New York University Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Hosp for Joint Diseases-NYU Med Ctr
  • Knee Arthroplasty/Reconstruction, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School and New England Baptist Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Lonner has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Lonner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lonner to family and friends
Dr. Lonner's Performance
Philadelphia, PA |
I am very pleased and impressed with the care that I've received from Dr. Lonner.
Philadelphia, PA |
Both knees - best surgical procedure ever
in Mickleton, NJ |
Dr Lonner has operated on me twice and my husband once. I had a torn meniscus and a knee replacement. My Husband had a partial replacement. Not many Doctorsr can do a partial replacement but Dr Lonner can. My knee was too bad so I had to have a total replacement. The best decision I made. I had a very swift and easy recovery. I wasn't in pain just discomfort from the swelling. He will not operate unless it is necessary and he can fix the problem. He is the best in my book.
Philadelphia, PA |
All terrific - very pleased!
Narberth, PA |
Love Rothman doctors and staff. Dr. Lonner is amazing! Have had several surgeries and have always felt confident and comfortable!!!
Philadelphia, PA |
Very glad to have my knee done by Dr. Lonner. He did a great job!
Excellent!
in Wilmington, DE |
Dr. Lonner performed a total knee replacement for me in less than 1 hour. He is calm, pleasant and a wonderful surgeon. I also had an amazing team of DPT's to help with the recovery and now I can perform tasks pain free for the first time in years. I teach dance and can kneel, squat, spiral down to the floor, etc.
in San Antonio, TX |
It has been 5 years since my artificial kneecap operation. I sent my MRIs to more than 10 doctors, nobody came up with a satisfying solution. Dr Lonner said he could help right away. Most doctors had told me that I was not going to entirely recover and, at 39 at the time, I still wanted to go out walking and enjoy a social life. 5 years have passed from the operation, I go out swing dancing a couple of days a week, go running on the treadmill and I don't think about my knee. Thank you !
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Lonner was recommended by another surgeon because of my arthritis in a specific place in my knee. I was willing to try anything including moving into a one-story house. My partial/uni knee replacement changed my life. If you are a candidate for this surgery--do it!! It was the best medical decision I ever made.
in Jamison, PA |
I came to Dr. Lonner at age 48 and i had been getting Synvisc shots on both knees for years by a doc that left practice suddenly. Fortunately I found Dr. Lonner. I am a active person and have studied a full contact martial art for 9 years as well as trail ran to train for group events. My knees were destroyed. Dr. Lonner advises bilateral knee replacement. He gave me my life back! I love Dr. Lonner. He truly is the BEST and MOST CARING doctor I have ever ever had. Great experience!!! :)
in Mullica Hill, NJ |
Wonderful outcome! Very pleased. Dr. Longer came highly recommended by local area Physical Therapists. They were right.
in Mullica Hill, NJ |
I highly recommend Dr. Lonner if you need total knee replacement surgery. He takes his time explaining the procedure to your complete understanding. Addresses any concerns you may have about recovery time. Thorough post op office visit. I have complete trust in his ability & professionalism as a surgeon.
in Havertown, Pa |
Dr. Lonner did an excellent job with my TKR, you could barely see my scare. From the palimnary visit to my post Op 6 week check up Dr Lonner was very professional and always answered all my questions and explained things to me. I highly recommend him. I had my surgery at the Physician care Surgical Hospital in Royersford and they also provided Top notch service.
in 88 Oakridge Dr, York, Pa. 17402 |
Excellent results for knee replacement, for a very unusual condition of natural knee. I was impressed with the amount of time are and post op he took in discussion and explaining process, recovery period/expectations for full recovery. Would highly recommend to future candidates.
in bryn mawr |
He was always patient with me during my decision phase. Once I scheduled the surgery he was honest and set my expectations about the recovery.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I recommended Dr. Lonner before I had my surgery to two of my friends. (They where my lab rats lol) I researched Dr. Lonner way before my own surgery because I knew I could not put off knee replacement much longer. My friends both had excellent results and loved Dr. Lonner. I am so glad I chose him...although busy he will take the time to answer your questions. I was up and back to work in a little over 3 weeks and continued my rehab a few more weeks. This doctor is the best.
in Wayne, PA |
My experience with Dr. Lonner was definitely positive. He was responsive to my questions regarding the surgery. The surgery was successful, and my surgical site has healed beautifully. He recommended that I go to Main Line Health Outpatient Rehab for the 7 day therapy following surgery. I decided to do that, and I have been ahead of schedule in my rehab. I am now going there 3 times a week for outpatient therapy.
in Riverton, NJ |
He is a doctor who knows what he is doing and can do it with confidence. Dr. Lonner is a busy man and schedules some time for his patients. I would've liked more time to get to know him as I do with all my doctors but he's allotted enough, and with good reason. Being a good doctor means people want him. I was glad to have him take care of my knee replacement
in Sicklerville nj |
He tells you everything that's going to happen hide nothing from you. But most of all he listens. What I remember most is when I went into the officers meet with Dr. Loner he told me The surgery was the easy part the was on me with the rehab and it wasn't as bad as I thought I was out of bed within an hour after the surgery walking in the hallway with a walker. One year later went back to Dr. Lonner for him to do the other knee
in Schwenksville PA |
every contact pre and post sugery was so informative and comforting
in Drexel Hill, PA |
I found Dr. Lonner to be empathetic, intelligent and most willing to listen to my concerns. My 1st consult resulted in a decision to have 1 partial knee replacement. I requested a 2nd consult with Dr. Lonner and after hearing my medical history in more detail we both decided it would be best to have a bilateral total knee replacement (BTKR). Dr. Lonner was patient and willing to change his 1st course of action which made it even more evident to me that I'd chosen the best surgeon possible.
in Blue bell, Pennsylvania |
Dr. Lonner is one of the best physician experiences I have ever had. It's always unfortunate when the need arises, especially with multiple knee issues like myself. However, Dr. Lonner was so helpful and knowledgable that I knew right away I was in good hands. Highly recommended!!!!
I had a good experience with him he is outstanding
in Wynnewood PA |
I had an outstanding experience with Dr. Lonner. I had been having knee pain for some time and was scheduled for surgery with another Rothman surgeon on Dec. 28th. This was approximately a wait of six weeks from consultation to surgery. The pain was difficult and the longer the wait the worse it got. My friend suggested I see Dr. Lonner. I am usually uncomfortable doing this sort of thing but I felt it was worth a try. I saw Dr. Lonner on a Wednesday and had the surgery the next day.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Lonner was very informative about my choices survey verses non surgical. My scheduling appointments,surgery and preoperative testing were all handled ver efficiently.
in Turnersville, NJ |
I went to see Dr. Lonner as a 2nd opion. I found that I liked him much better than the Doctor I was using because Dr. Lonner first listenend and answered all my questions and concerns where I felt that my origninal Doctor didn't seem to hear what I was saying. I was told I needed a full knee replacement but Dr. Lonner showed me that I only needed a partial.
in Huntingdon Valley, PA |
dr. Lonner is the best! He is compassionate with his patients and takes his time to explain the procedure. He also is a leader in his field and has written numerous textbooks for other surgeons to learn about knee replacement.
in Plymouth Meeting, PA |
Dr. Lonner answered all my questions honestly, was very genuine, kind and caring to me and my spouse. I will admit I was scared to have the procedure done (knee replacement) but I felt I could really trust Dr. Lonner. I would and have recommended him to friends who need surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Jess Lonner, MD?
Are you Dr. Lonner?