Dr. Jerry Tsong, MD

Dr. Jerry Tsong, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Jerry Tsong, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Stamford, CT. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 15 years.

2046 W Main St Ste 2

Stamford, CT 06902

• Connecticare
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Golden Rule
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Tsong

See how frequently Dr. Tsong performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Conjunctival Hemorrhage
Benign Neoplasm of Choroid
Eye Cancer

Dr. Tsong's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Tsong "I understand that having an eye problem can be scary and frightening. I make every effort to treat my patients with sincerity and understanding."

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Doheny Eye Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Doheny Retina Institute, Usc-Lac Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Tsong has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Tsong has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Tsong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tsong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tsong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tsong to family and friends
Dr. Tsong's Performance
in Greenwich, CT |
Dr. Tsong is a great doctor. He is always kind and makes you feel comfortable. Very professional and answers all of my questions. I would definitely recommend Dr. Tsong to anyone who needs their eyes checked.
Katonah, NY |
I couldn’t have been more impressed by my visit with Dr. Tsong. It was a follow up apt with him after he had seen me inpatient at Greenwich Hospital. He was warm, thorough, and explained everything. Thrilled to have found a new Dr!
Riverside, CT |
Dr. Tsong was able to see me for an appointment on very short notice. He was extremely personable and knowledgable. He conducted a very thorough exam and answered all of my questions. I wholeheartedly and highly recommend him for anyone who needs to see a retinal specialist. His office space is large and beautiful and the office staff were all very pleasant and helpful.
in Greenwich ct |
Dr. Tsong is an excellent doctor. He is very knowledgeable and I highly recommend him!
Riverview, FL |
He saw me the day I called for an appointment, which was very appreciated as I had symptoms that suggested a retina problem. After a thorough exam, I was reassured that everything looked good.
in Old Greenwich, CT |
My experience with Dr. Tsong, his assistants and support staff has always been very professional, thorough and very positive. I would highly recommend.
in Greenwich CT. |
Dr. Tsong is an excellent doctor . He’s also a very nice person .
in Stamford, CT |
First time visited Dr. Tsong. Very professional, personable and thorough. Found him in Stamford Magazine, BEST DOCTORS. I have multiple issues with my eyes. Highly recommend him.
Stamford , CT |
Very affable, knowledgeable, thorough. Explains what is going on with my eyes well. Most of the exam was carried out by an assistant, although the doctor reviewed the results and took a look as well. Long wait between initial tests/exam and when the doctor came in to see me.
in Stamford, CT |
I am new to the area, and found myself with a eye problem at 4PM on a Thursday. I called one of my few friends here and was given a recommendation for Greenwich Opthalmology. I called, stated that I was not a current patient, and described my problem. A very helpful receptionist took my information and scheduled me for 8:15 the next morning. Although Dr Tsong is a retina specialist, he treated my infection with concern as if it were a retina detachment. He even gave me his cell phone number.
in Stamford, CT |
Dr. Tsong makes you feel as though you are the only patient he has - he never rushes and always answers questions.
New Canaan, CT |
Dr Tsong is the best doctor you may ever encounter in your life. He is knowledgeable, thorough, attentive and available to his patients.
in Westport, CT |
I took my mother to Dr. Tsong because she was diagnosed with Macular Degeneration by her eye doctor, but he wasn't clear on how advanced her macular was and didn't know what the future would be, except that she may go blind. It didn't feel right. Dr. Tsong was incredible. He was able to tell us where she is in her macular and assured us that being blind was HIGHLY UNLIKELY. And that if it advances, there are things he can do for her. He is kind and brilliant. We love him; he is her doc now!
in Greenwich, CT |
Dr Tsong is a great. He's friendly and very approachable, Patience and detailed on explaining what the patient condition are.
Stamford, CT |
Dr.Tsong is very friendly, professional and just the best ophthalmologist I have been to.. I would highly recommend him.
Norwalk, CT |
He is very respectful and is always asking if I'm OK and if I have any further questions. He took a lot of time with me to make sure that all tests done were accurate. I was diagnosed borderline glaucoma but he assured me everything is under control and that testing does not need to be redone for another year! I would highly recommend Dr. Tsong to anyone. Furthermore, my two children will be seeing him in a couple of weeks... that's how much I trust him.
Bedford, NY |
My experience with Dr. Tsong has always been excellent. He is open, approachable and friendly, and most importantly, very succinct and skilled. For his level of competence and expertise he is humble and attentive, and fully explains medical conditions in a comprehensive way. His office is a well oiled machine. They are available, efficient, and the technology is state of the art.
in Greenwich, CT |
I was extremely pleased by the courtesy & professionalism of the staff with whom I interacted with. I LOVED the efficiency of the process and the timeliness of my appointment. The facilities are attractive with a calming decor. Dr. Tsong is always an exceptionally kind & cheerful physician with, of course, stellar credentials!
in Norwalk |
Absolutely recommend Dr. Tsong. I had a very complicated and on going problem with my retina and he was always thorough, conscientious and realistic. He is a top Doc in his field. He and the practice are very thoughtful to patients medical needs and fears. On the administrative side, I never waited for hours on end like I did when I went to another highly respected Fairfield county specialist. When you are a person who works it's a very big deal to spend half a day waiting to see a doctor.
in Stamford, CT |
Very neat and polite. Things have done on a reasonable time.
in Greenwich, CT |
I would highly recommend Dr. Tsong. He is my doctor, my husband's doctor, my daughter's doctor and my husband's uncle's doctor, all of us are very satisfied with his professional service. He is very knowledgeable, patient and thorough. Very positive experience!
in Old Greenwich, CT |
very efficient . very thorough
in Southbury, CT |
I have known Doctor Tsong for many years. He is without a doubt the best Eye Doctor I have ever been to. He is smart, caring and he puts you at ease!! Pat Swift
Fairfield, CT |
Always a pleasure to see Dr. Tsong and feel confident in his care.
in Greenwich, Connecticut |
Greenwich Ophthalmology has hit its stride in their new space. Appointments run smoothly , and taking the various eye related tests occur in a timely manner as there are enough rooms. It is hard to imagine they survived in the small space at 4 Dearfield. I am a long-time patient here and consider my transition to Dr. Tsong excellent. Greenwich Ophthalmology will stay abreast of new technology and practices under his watchful eye.
in Greenwich, CT |
I have extreme trust and confidence in Dr. Tsong. He is very calm and professional and makes me feel at ease. I am alway comfortable asking any questions I may have. He is a great doctor and I would recommend him to family and friends.
in Norwalk, CT |
Dr. Tsong is excellent--thorough, very smart and professional. His staff, too, deserves high marks. I would recommend Dr. Tsong to anyone; his knowledge of the eye and vision issues is superb.
in Greenwich, CT |
Always professional, knowledgable and nice and answers all questions patiently.
New Rochelle, NY |
He is a very calm , consciencious,and experienced professional . My trust in his advice and diagnosis is unquestionable
in Stamford, CT |
Veni. Vidi. Vici, Proclaimed Julius Caesar....I came for an exam. He examined me. Then Dr Tsong conquered my poor vision...When I first met him he diagnosed my eye Problem as, difficult , however he subsequently treated the problem and I walked out of his office with a clear left eye...Many Thanks Dr. Tsong
New York, NY |
I had an eye emergency on Sunday morning at 8AM and Dr. Tsong was kind enough to open his office to examine me. He was thorough, articulate and clearly, dedicated. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a great ophthalmologist.
Port Chester, NY |
Friendly, caring, an excellent opthamologist.
in Greenwich, CT |
I would recommend Dr tsong very highly, he has been very attentive very thorough with his exam and mainly he has a very kind disposition towards his patients and very assuring about the healing process .
New Canaan, CT |
I have been a patient of Dr. Tsong's for five years, and my family members also see him for their checkups. He is professional, thorough, compassionate and articulate. I feel very confident that my eyes are safe in his care.
in Wilton, CT |
I was referred to Dr.Tsong a few years ago because of a possible Plaquenil Toxicity. He was very thorough, professional, knowledgeable, and kind. About 2 years ago, I left his office after an examination, when he called me at home, regarding my field vision test results. He told me that he wanted to do further research and then told me...if I you were my sister, I would stop the Plaquenil. I can't tell you how much that meant to me! I did stop the medication and I have been fine. Great MD!
Stamford, CT |
Dr. Tsong and the staff at Greenwich Ophthalmology are wonderful. Plus their state of the art technology is assume from sending me reminders, to making my examinations easy and stress free. I would recommend Dr. Jerry to anyone, and I do!
in Greenwich, CT |
Dr Tsong is knowledgeable, professional & personable. He takes the time to speak with his patients during & after an appointment. His office& optical shop is well managed & the staff is courteous & professional Kudos
Stamford, CT |
friendly thorough easy to understand.
Always a good experience
in Greenwich, CT |
I would highly recommend Dr Tsong to anyone in search of an ophthalmologist. He possesses impeccable intellect , credentials and diagnostic ability. Dr. Tsong is also a compassionate , caring and thoughtful individual . He goes the extra mile for his patients .
Norwalk, CT |
Lovely office and very efficient. Got started right at the appointed time and worked quickly though all the tests. Very thorough exam and Dr. Tsong was very knowledgeable and willing to explain all aspects of the exam and results.
in Greenwich, CT |
I been very pleased. He has been very caring for my problems in my eye's. Very professional. He's the best doctor I ever have. He is very sincere.
in Greenwich CT |
When my husband and I moved to this area, we were looking for a good eye doctor. Dr Jerry Tsong's name came up again and again from friends and from many other doctors. We feel so blessed to have found him. He is an excellent doctor: smart, thorough, patient, compassionate and caring... I have a lot of eye issues: diabetic, retinal problems, and Anisometropia eye sight. Dr Tsong has been taking care of them. I have total trust in this doctor, and fully recommend him to anyone.
in Stamford, CT |
I would and I have recommend Dr. Tsong's to my friends & co-workers. The service I received was excellent. The staff was friendly and it created a warm environment. I really love the modern facility.
Riverside, CT |
Had a problem that needed immediate attention. Got an appt. same day. Dr. Tsong is compassionate, smart & listens to the patient. An excellent MD who I would highly recommend.
New Rochelle, NY |
Dr. Tsong is an extremely knowledgable, professional and compassionate physician. I always feel like my eye care is in the best of hands!
in Greenwich, CT |
I was new to the area and was experiencing symptoms of an eye emergency. I found Dr Tsong?s office and called in after hours to leave a message regarding my symptoms. Even though it was late in the evening, he quickly returned my call to talk through the situation and accommodated me into his schedule first thing the next morning. Dr Tsong not only has stellar credentials, his exams are more detailed than other similar ones I?ve had, and he pays a greater amount of attention to your well being.
in Greenwich, CT |
His office is very clean and run efficiently. I didn't have to wait long and he explained things very well.
Have you seen Dr. Jerry Tsong, MD?
Are you Dr. Tsong?