Dr. Jerry G. Back, MD

Dr. Jerry G. Back, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 59 years old

After 25 years of practicing medicine I still consider it a blessing and a privilege. Many people come to us for primary internal medicine with a emphasis on prevention. I am honored to be considered a thought leader among my peers and the only certified specialist in hypertension and lipids in S.C. Our office is staffed by compassionate and thoughtful professionals. We believe listening is central to giving excellent care.Read more

Advanced Center for Internal Medicine
2845 Tricom St
North Charleston, SC 29406 Get Directions

Dr. Back's Experience

See how Dr. Back's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Back

Dr. Back accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Back has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Back
Dr. Back's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (52)
in Goose Creek, SC |
Dr. Jerry Back is personable with his patience. From the first time I met him, he acted like he had known me for a long time., I was no stranger to him. He has great interaction with his patience. He does have a warm personality. Thus far I am very impressed with him. 9/30/2016
in Summerville, SC |
I went to Dr. Back with my mother several years back. I saw the attention to detail and care that he provided her. He ended up saving her life, because her previous doctor had her on all the wrong medicine. Naturally when my own blood pressure went up and my potassium bottomed out, he was the first one I called to make an appointment. He now has my blood pressure under control, cholesterol is perfect, as well as many other potential problems I would have run into had I not gone to see him.
Charleston, SC |
He truly listens the concerns and problems of the patient. He finds the best solutions to fit the patient needs that are affordable and will give the best results. As a healthcare professional myself, I feel that Dr. Back offers the best care for me and my family and I have referred any/all of my friends who have chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, cholesterol issues and/or diabetes. He uses the best medicines whether old or new and find resources to help patients in anyway possible.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I have been a patient of Dr Backs for over 5 years. Dr Back and his staff are extremely knowledgeable and caring about my health issues. They utilize advanced diagnostics and the newest treatments to help me manage my diabetes and hypertension. I would strongly recommend them if you are looking for a healthcare home
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Back and his PAs are simply excellent, not just how friendly they are but in their knowladge of my diabeties. The office staff ladies are so kind and make you feel like you are the only person in the office. You can just tell everyone enjoys working there
in Madison County, IN |
Dr. Back was the first physician I've seen that really took their time with me. He got to know me and really cares about me and my well being. Thank you Dr. Back for treating me as a person and not a number.
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Back cares about all his patients. If your health is in poor condition he takes that as a reflection of how he as doing as a doctor. You can tell he truly cares about each person that walks in his door. My A1C has never been better since going to him.
in Summerville, SC |
Dr. Back takes more time with me then any of the doctor i have seen.
in Goose Creek, SC |
Always changing medications, wants to put you on the newest medicine that comes out even if your condition is controlled
in Summerville, SC |
I like him personally. If I didn't I couldn't use his services. As my Primary Care Physician, he understands my problems, listens, and is a direct no nonsense professional. If you want to be coddled, he may not be the right choice? The staff are very kind, and helpful. Overall a good experience for me!
in Summerville, SC |
He found a medicine that works to receive my pain and depression. It was a life changing experience. I would recommend Dr. Back to anyone who is having a hard time finding the right diagnosis.
Have you seen Dr. Jerry G. Back, MD?
Are you Dr. Back?

Dr. Back's Care Philosophy

Dr. Back's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Back has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Back's Board Certifications

• COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Lipid Disorders

Ross University School of Medicine
    Advocate Christ Hospital and Medical Center
    Indiana University / School of Medicine

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Back does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Back and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Clinical Lipidology