Dr. Jerry Back, MD is an internal medicine specialist in North Charleston, SC. He specializes in internal medicine.

Dr. Back accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Back has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(843) 256-3009Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

Check if Dr. Back treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Back's conditions and procedures:

• Breath Testing
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Lipid Disorders

After 25 years of practicing medicine I still consider it a blessing and a privilege. Many people come to us for primary internal medicine with a emphasis on prevention. I am honored to be considered a thought leader among my peers and the only certi...

Advocate Christ Hospital and Medical Center

• Who's Who in the American Diabetic Association, '96-presen
  • Clinical Fellow Award from the American Society of Hypertension, May 2010
  • Fellow American Society of Hypertension,
  • Fellow National Lipid Association,
  • Certified Hypertension Specialist by American Society of Hypertension, May 2000

Dr. Back's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Back

Dr. Back?
Dr. Back's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jerry Back, MD
As a diabetic who had a double heart attack, I was a medical train wreck before Dr. Back took me on four years ago. How do I feel about this doctor? I thank God for Dr. Back. He is professional, personable, always working to continue improving my health, and a wealth of knowledge for my issues. His dedication to providing excellent care clearly influences the actions of every member of his staff, so I know I am in a very good place.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Dr Back listened to all of my problems and concerns that I have and handled it professionally I am very happy with him and his staff they all listen and help you they are great at what they do
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Dr.Back is a very thorough physician and obviously cares about the health of his patients. Both my daughter and I are patients of Dr.Back and agree that he is very intelligent, and takes to time to teach you about your health and how you can participate in maintaining it. We highly recommend Dr.Back, and his team is top notch too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Best doctor ever!! And, I have been to quite a lot in 25 years with Lupus! He is very compassionate and a fixer! You tell him a problem and he has the solution! BP problems cured in an instant. He knows his stuff. He really truly cares about his patients. He is so thorough and sits there to listen to every possible thing and finds the solution if one exists. There are not many doctors in the world like him any more. He truly wants to help and has the knowledge base and caring heart to do so!
Thank you for the kind words, Patti!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I have never been to a physician who takes as much time with you as Dr. Back does. He is SO thorough and knowledgeable and explains everything to you in terms you can understand. He is not your typical "white coat" doctor. He is casual in his dress and demeanor, but very professional at the same time. Almost all my friends and family comes to him now. Our Physician Assistant, Steve Hamm and our Nurse Practioner, Sarah Ferrillo are also EXCELLENT. The staff is all very friendly, helpful and professional and make you feel like family. I would highly recommend Advanced Centers for Internal Medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Dr Back is by far the best diabetes doctor we have had in the past 25 years. He listens and he is an expert on this disease. The best part is that he teaches the patient more about diabetes & how to keep it in check. Since finding him, we would not switch to any other doctor! Staff is great as well. If you are looking for the best, you need to see Dr Back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Dr. Back listened to my problems that other specialists had treated me for unsuccessfully and prescribed some medications that had an immediate favorable impact on my health. I trust his medical knowledge and advice and wholeheartedly recommend him and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I highly commend Jerry Back for his contribution to the fields of lipidology and diebetology. He has managed my case over the past couple of years and has done an excellent job in improving my prospects of a longer life. He is extremely caring and understanding and takes the care of his patients very personally. I am extremely thankful and grateful to know him and to entrust him and his staff with my care. Steve McGown
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
My husband & I have been patients of Dr Back for the past 5 years & have ZERO reasons to complain.He is a straight shooter & expects his patients to follow his professionally delivered medical advice.I have never had such a compassionate Dr EVER or one who takes the time to explain your diagnosis & treatment plan. I’ve even had a random phone call regarding a possible diagnosis that he researched after an appointment on my behalf(that was positive) & it potentially saved my husbands vision. HERO
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Love Dr Back and his staff. He has helped me control my blood pressure and cholesterol. Highly recommend this practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Outstanding staff and facility. My sole complaint is that when I get a text message to confirm an appointment, the web page I'm taken to doesn't load.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Dr. Jerry Back is super passionate about medicine and it shows! He is very thorough with attention to detail. He has helped immensely to diagnose and treat our family. He is straightforward but with compassion. He should be considered a tribute to the medical field. Grateful he is part of our medical team. Sonja and Kathy Brenner
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I would and have recommended Dr Back to more than several friends and family members. Dr Back seems to me, to be a "fixer". If you tell him of a problem, he immediately gives orders or explains what needs to be done and before he leaves the room, arrangements have been made to address that problem. It's NONE of that wait and see stuff or you call and .... he has his office call and do all that BEFORE you leave! I love that. Nothing left to chance. Make an appointment, you won't be sorry!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Back and his medical office staff everybody is very friendly and they all work very hard to make sure you feel like part of the office family, very nice people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Dr. Back is and has been a very important part of our health care. He is very easy to talk to and explains carefully and thoughtfully the answers to our questions. He responded immediately to an unscheduled emergency event that my husband had following recent surgery, smoothing his admit to the hospital and helping him to receive the care he needed. We are very grateful he is a member of our health care team!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Has helped me manage my diabetes with ease. As long as you listen to what he says and DO IT you will be in good shape. Best doctor I could ever ask for. Turly cares about ever single patient. If he had more staff he would be able to help a lot more people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Very thorough in asking questions related to all health care ur receiving, very patient and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Dr. Back and his team are exceptional health care providers. They go above and beyond in their clinical excellence. This is by far the best medical team I have had across the country. They are both caring and cutting edge in their approach. I even talked my husband into transferring to this practice.
Amazing
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Back for a little over a year and have not had a bad experience yet. The wait time is always minimal and the care is exceptional. He takes whatever time is needed to find out what your problems are and what is the best course of action. He listens to all questions and explains in a way you can understand. I would recommend him to anyone. Just wish I had found him sooner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Back?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Back treats patients.