Dr. Jerry Back, MD

Dr. Jerry Back, MD

Internal Medicine  |

Dr. Jerry Back, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in North Charleston, SC. He is 60 years old. Dr. Back is affiliated with Trident Health System - Summerville Medical Center and Trident Medical Center.

Advanced Center for Internal Medicine

2845 Tricom St

North Charleston, SC 29406

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Back

After 25 years of practicing medicine I still consider it a blessing and a privilege. Many people come to us for primary internal medicine with a emphasis on prevention. I am honored to be considered a thought leader among my peers and the only certified specialist in hypertension and lipids in S.C. Our office is staffed by compassionate and thoughtful professionals. We believe listening is central to giving excellent care.

Dr. Back's Experience

Dr. Back's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Lipid Disorders

• Breath Testing
  • Insulin Pump Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Indiana University / School of Medicine

• Who's Who in the American Diabetic Association, '96-presen
  • Clinical Fellow Award from the American Society of Hypertension, May 2010
  • Fellow American Society of Hypertension,
  • Fellow National Lipid Association,
  • Certified Hypertension Specialist by American Society of Hypertension, May 2000

Dr. Back has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Back does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Back and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Back's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Back to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Back's Performance
in Moncks Corner, SC |
Dr. Back is very confident that he could help and is very thorough when he is explaining things to you. He seemed genuinely concerned about my situation and in wanting to help me.
in Summerville, SC |
Dr. Back is a gentle soul who has maintained professionalism with a feisty 90 year old WW II Veteran. He is a Saint to keep my dad as healthy as he has been. Thanks to his PA and all Staff.
in North Charleston |
Great at first. If you start to ask questions and challenge Dr. Back it will not be pretty. I was going downhill, and he was dismissive. I changed doctors and I am very healthy without the medications that he had given me. Dr. Back doesn't listen. That is the biggest problem.
We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at Advanced Centers for Internal Medicine. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call the practice manager at 843-863-8100.
Summerville, SC |
Dr Back is quick to run tests & give referrals to other proviw/in HCA He's somewhat gruff and definitely arrogant, but he does get to the bottom of things, if you can get him to listen long enough to describe the problem. The big problem w/this practice is communication. That is bc the clinical manager has little no compassion for patients. Her dismissive attitude stands in the way of getting access to the doc or PA who cld help. You r often on your own or in the ER w/Back as PCP.
We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at Advanced Centers for Internal Medicine, so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call the practice manager at 843-863-8100.
North Charleston, SC |
Dr Back and his entire staff are friendly and attentive! I highly recommend Advanced Centers for internal Medicine!
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Charleston, SC |
I am very happy with Dr. Jerry Back and his entire staff. They are punctual, friendly, and always take time to answer my questions and explain everything in great detail. Dr. Back serves as my GP as well. I like the fact that his wellness team schedules an annual review and makes sure that I get my check-ups, shots, etc. I would never remember to schedule or get these done in the recommended time frame without their help. I recommend him to anyone looking for services of his type.
Thank you for connecting with us about this experience with our staff and providers. We will be sure to pass this appreciation along.
Summerville, SC |
Always helpful, always direct. A very informed doctor and someone I fully trust.
in Belfair, WA |
Dr Back was my mothers doctor in the final stages of her terminal illness.My wife attended an appointment with her one day and came home saying we were changing doctors. Dr back had gotten off his stool and walked over to my mom, after telling her there wasn't anything else to be done for her, kissed her forehead and said "I love ya Mare" (Mary was her name).My wife was deeply touched and we changed practices as soon as he had an opening. We feel like we are going to see our friend who is our Dr
in Goose Creek, SC |
Dr. Jerry Back is personable with his patience. From the first time I met him, he acted like he had known me for a long time., I was no stranger to him. He has great interaction with his patience. He does have a warm personality. Thus far I am very impressed with him. 9/30/2016
in Summerville, SC |
I went to Dr. Back with my mother several years back. I saw the attention to detail and care that he provided her. He ended up saving her life, because her previous doctor had her on all the wrong medicine. Naturally when my own blood pressure went up and my potassium bottomed out, he was the first one I called to make an appointment. He now has my blood pressure under control, cholesterol is perfect, as well as many other potential problems I would have run into had I not gone to see him.
Charleston, SC |
He truly listens the concerns and problems of the patient. He finds the best solutions to fit the patient needs that are affordable and will give the best results. As a healthcare professional myself, I feel that Dr. Back offers the best care for me and my family and I have referred any/all of my friends who have chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, cholesterol issues and/or diabetes. He uses the best medicines whether old or new and find resources to help patients in anyway possible.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I have been a patient of Dr Backs for over 5 years. Dr Back and his staff are extremely knowledgeable and caring about my health issues. They utilize advanced diagnostics and the newest treatments to help me manage my diabetes and hypertension. I would strongly recommend them if you are looking for a healthcare home
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Back and his PAs are simply excellent, not just how friendly they are but in their knowladge of my diabeties. The office staff ladies are so kind and make you feel like you are the only person in the office. You can just tell everyone enjoys working there
in Madison County, IN |
Dr. Back was the first physician I've seen that really took their time with me. He got to know me and really cares about me and my well being. Thank you Dr. Back for treating me as a person and not a number.
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Back cares about all his patients. If your health is in poor condition he takes that as a reflection of how he as doing as a doctor. You can tell he truly cares about each person that walks in his door. My A1C has never been better since going to him.
in Summerville, SC |
Dr. Back takes more time with me then any of the doctor i have seen.
in Goose Creek, SC |
Always changing medications, wants to put you on the newest medicine that comes out even if your condition is controlled
in Summerville, SC |
I like him personally. If I didn't I couldn't use his services. As my Primary Care Physician, he understands my problems, listens, and is a direct no nonsense professional. If you want to be coddled, he may not be the right choice? The staff are very kind, and helpful. Overall a good experience for me!
in Summerville, SC |
He found a medicine that works to receive my pain and depression. It was a life changing experience. I would recommend Dr. Back to anyone who is having a hard time finding the right diagnosis.
Have you seen Dr. Jerry Back, MD?

Visit Dr. Back

Dr. Back accepts 6 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Back has admitting privileges