Dr. Jerry G. Back, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Back's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Back's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Back

Dr. Back accepts 1 insurance carrier

1 Insurance Carrier Accepted*

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Back has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Back

Dr. Back's Review Details
4.4 based on 54 responses
Experience with Dr. Back
Dr. Back's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (50)
Charleston, SC |
He truly listens the concerns and problems of the patient. He finds the best solutions to fit the patient needs that are affordable and will give the best results. As a healthcare professional myself, I feel that Dr. Back offers the best care for me and my family and I have referred any/all of my friends who have chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, cholesterol issues and/or diabetes. He uses the best medicines whether old or new and find resources to help patients in anyway possible.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I have been a patient of Dr Backs for over 5 years. Dr Back and his staff are extremely knowledgeable and caring about my health issues. They utilize advanced diagnostics and the newest treatments to help me manage my diabetes and hypertension. I would strongly recommend them if you are looking for a healthcare home
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Back and his PAs are simply excellent, not just how friendly they are but in their knowladge of my diabeties. The office staff ladies are so kind and make you feel like you are the only person in the office. You can just tell everyone enjoys working there
in Madison County, IN |
Dr. Back was the first physician I've seen that really took their time with me. He got to know me and really cares about me and my well being. Thank you Dr. Back for treating me as a person and not a number.
in Charleston, SC |
Dr. Back cares about all his patients. If your health is in poor condition he takes that as a reflection of how he as doing as a doctor. You can tell he truly cares about each person that walks in his door. My A1C has never been better since going to him.
in Summerville, SC |
Dr. Back takes more time with me then any of the doctor i have seen.
in Goose Creek, SC |
Always changing medications, wants to put you on the newest medicine that comes out even if your condition is controlled
in Summerville, SC |
I like him personally. If I didn't I couldn't use his services. As my Primary Care Physician, he understands my problems, listens, and is a direct no nonsense professional. If you want to be coddled, he may not be the right choice? The staff are very kind, and helpful. Overall a good experience for me!
in Summerville, SC |
He found a medicine that works to receive my pain and depression. It was a life changing experience. I would recommend Dr. Back to anyone who is having a hard time finding the right diagnosis.
Have you seen Dr. Jerry G. Back, MD?
Are you Dr. Jerry G. Back, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Clinical Lipidology

Why It Matters: Dr. Back's Board Certifications

• COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Lipid Disorders

• Breath Testing
  • Insulin Pump Therapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Ross University School of Medicine

• Who's Who in the American Diabetic Association, '96-presen
    • Clinical Fellow Award from the American Society of Hypertension, May 2010
    • Fellow American Society of Hypertension
    • Fellow National Lipid Association
    • Certified Hypertension Specialist by American Society of Hypertension, May 2000

Dr. Back has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Back does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Back and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Back's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine
  • Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Back

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Back's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Back

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Back's Care Philosophy

After 25 years of practicing medicine I still consider it a blessing and a privilege. Many people come to us for primary internal medicine with a emphasis on prevention. I am honored to be considered a thought leader among my peers and the only certified specialist in hypertension and lipids in S.C. Our office is staffed by compassionate and thoughtful professionals. We believe listening is central to giving excellent care.