Dr. Jerry Back, MD

Dr. Jerry Back, MD

Internal Medicine •  Male • Age 63

Telehealth services available

Dr. Jerry Back, MD is a Internal Medicine Specialist in North Charleston, SC. He is affiliated with medical facilities Trident Health System - Summerville Medical Center and Trident Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Back to book an appointment.

Advanced Center for Internal Medicine

New Patient?
Advanced Center for Internal Medicine9304 Medical Plaza Dr Ste D North Charleston, SC 29406

Advanced Center for Internal Medicine

New Patient?
Advanced Center for Internal Medicine2845 Tricom St North Charleston, SC 29406

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Back's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Back

Dr. Back?
My health condition requires following quarterly. Look forward to these visits to ensure a continuous history, to ask questions, to learn, to review medications, and to make adjustments as warranted.
Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I have been a patient for nearly five years. Took awhile to find a doc that had the skills and background to administer to my needs. Consistently stays on top of his field. He has been a great fit for me and should be an excellent choice for a PCP for anyone.
Joe White – Jul 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Enjoyed meeting with Dr. Back as a new patient and how much time he spends getting to know you and understand your concerns and background. I’m just disappointed with the problems I’ve had with getting my prescriptions sent in when they say they will.
Jul 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Caring knowledge doctor. Great support staff!!
David Brown – Jul 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Dr. Back is a wonderful doctor. He actually takes the time to listen. He is very knowledgeable and willing to use different approaches, knowing what is good for one person may not be what is best for another. I trust his advice and opinions completely!
Amanda – Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
he is a very good dr. I injoy going in to see him and Stephen and the staff. keep up the great work.
robert – Jun 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Dr. Back goes above in the care he provides. He will take the time to explain anything you don't understand and put in terms that make sense.
Darrin Hutchinson – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Back for several years now and have always found him to be extremely attentive to all my questions and concerns. Most doctors listen but don't hear what you are saying. Proud to know him ??
Jun 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I have never had a doctor that showed as much genuine care and attention as Dr. Back. He truly listens to what you are saying and wants to help you live a better life.
Andrew Speaker – May 26, 2020
Best Dr I have ever been too
May 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Regular visit for my diabetes. BEST DOCTOR EVER!! He keeps my blood sugars where they need to be, and I am very thankful to have him as my doctor. Thanks Dr. Back - you’re the best!!!
Tammy Clements – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I recently relocated to Summerville & had my 1st meeting with Dr. Jerry Back after having the same internist in Anderson, SC for 20 years. I wanted an internist rather than a family care doctor due to their higher level of education/training & more specialization. First, Dr. Back took the time to actually review my medical records which I brought with me, something which many physicians would not have done. He actually listened to my explanations of past & present medical conditions & symptoms. He was extremely knowledgeable, and he was very professional in his approach. He showed interest in me as a person, and I left my 1st meeting with him feeling he truly had my best health interests at heart. He was thorough in his evaluations of my medical conditions and straight forward in his suggestions of what must be done to correct those conditions. Detailed explanations were given & answers provided to all my questions. I highly recommend Dr. Back as primary care internist.
Robert W Rhoton – May 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Back for several years and have always been pleased with the attention to detail for my health. Dr. Back is friendly, intelligent and very careful and caring of his advice for my health care. In today's time that appears to be a real problem with doctors. I highly recommend him.
Linda Hall – May 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
The whole office is a great place to go. They take great care of providing an excellent experience. You can expect a very thorough exam where they test your blood levels for A1C and go from there. Everyone is very personable and sincere, from your comfort to your questions, they make sure everything is answered to your satisfaction.
Wayne Lodge – Apr 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Always concerned and attentive to my physical and emotional health. Listens and ask appropriate questions.
Vanessa Murphy – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I'm a transplant from the northeast. Dr. Back was referred to me by my primary care physician and I could not have been more impressed with his knowledge and the amount of time he gave me to answer each and every question I had. Due to the type of work I was in, I saw a lot of physicians and Dr. Back is clearly one of the most caring physicians I've had the pleasure to meet. If you are looking for someone who will champion your issues, you've found the right guy..
Michael MacGee – Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I feel so blessed to have been referred to Dr Back. He is thorough, brilliant, kind, caring, and understanding. I would highly recommend Dr Back to anyone. He also has an exceptional staff as well. Sincerely, Joan McGovern
Joan McGovern – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
Dr. back has outstanding knowledge and skill. I have come to trust him completely, and I know that he really cares about the well-being of his patients. He is without a doubt the best doctor my family has had.
Mark Allen – Mar 07, 2020
Arrogant jerk.
Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?
I would and do recommend Dr Back to my friends, he is very thorough and helpful in my experience with this office.
Beverly – Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerry Back, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Back?

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Jerry Back, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Back accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Back has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(843) 863-8100Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

Check if Dr. Back treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Back's conditions and procedures:

• Breath Testing
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Lipid Disorders

After 25 years of practicing medicine I still consider it a blessing and a privilege. Many people come to us for primary internal medicine with a emphasis on prevention. I am honored to be considered a thought leader among my peers and the only certi...Read more

1980
Oak Lawn

• Certified Hypertension Specialist by American Society of Hypertension, May 2000
  • Fellow National Lipid Association,
  • Who's Who in the American Diabetic Association, '96-presen
  • Fellow American Society of Hypertension,
  • Clinical Fellow Award from the American Society of Hypertension, May 2010
  • Board Certified Lipidologist, Nov. 2010

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Back communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Back communicates via email

• Does Dr. Back offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Back offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Back offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Back offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Back have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Back has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Back offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Back offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Back offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Back offers evening visits