Dr. Jeremy Johnson, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4 after 92 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Johnson was very attentive to my concerns and walked me through getting my first cortisone shot. I was scared out of my wits about this procedure but would do it again if I had to! I so appreciated Dr. Johnson’s empathy and advice. I would highly recommend him.
Author:
After X-Rays he had a diagnosis that required a shoulder injection and did a great job although it was more painful than I expected.
Author:
Informative, professional, good listener, practical conservative options recommended
Author:
The office was clean, the nursing staff were very friendly. Everyone I came in contact with were very professional. The wait was not long. I wasn't in the room long enough to flip through a magazine before the doctor came in and showed me what was wrong. He went over a plan to help me and sent me on my way. He was nice and broke it down to my level of understanding. He explained what meds might help, but did not push meds on me. He did mention my weight was making the problem worse, but in the nicest way possible. I did not feel dismissed or judged at all. I will definitely be seeing him again.
Author:
He is very professional, answers all questions and explains everything for me to understand.
Author:
Dr. Johnson is extremely knowledgeable, caring and professional. His manner is friendly and he is always ready to listen. In this day of medical offices that have grown so large that they forget why they exist, Dr. Johnson and the entire OrthoCarolina staff are always pleasant and willing to help while making their patients feel appreciated and important.
Author:
Explained everything and explained all options..listened to my questions and explained it where I understood everything
Author:
Dr. Johnson is very personable, listened to my concerns, and explained everything to me in a clear and concise way.
Author:
Dr Johnson was very personal and friendly. He was very kind when he walked in, introduced himself and asked about me. He took time to explain everything with me and explained my xrays very clear. He gave me all my options and worked to take care of everyone of my needs. He also took time to answer any questions I had. I would highly recommend Dr Johnson!
Author:
Dr. Johnson spent time with me explaining my injury and making sure I understood the correct course of treatment. I felt he was kind and considerate and respectful. His office staff are very friendly and easy to work with.
Author:
Dr. Johnson, Was very professional yet personable. He explained my condition using charts and models so that I have a full understanding of my condition and why the treatment plan is best suited for my specific needs.
Author:
Great experience. Dr. Johnson and his staff are wonderful.
Author:
Dr. Johnson has helped me and my family with many different bone and joint problems. He is super personable and friendly. He called me over a weekend after my surgery to make sure I was ok. His therapy department is great. Lovely man. I would recommend him and his nurses to anyone.
Author:
Dr. Johnson did a rotator cuff repair on my left shoulder just over two months ago and I've got no complaints. I had no problem going back to him for this surgery as the repair he did on my right shoulder two years ago was great. He always uses a model to explain where the problem is and answers any questions I've had. He always seems to care about my concerns and I never feel like he's rushing to see the next patient. I think he's a good doctor and highly recommend him to anyone.
Author:
I was very satisfied with the treatment I received from Dr Johnson. He was courteous, knowledgeable, and very well informed about my shoulder condition. He explained things totally and answered all questions that I had. It was totally a good experience... I would not hesitate to recommend his services. Glenn Jarrett, Conover, NC
Author:
Friendly, informative, took great care in explaining my problem will return
Author:
Dr. Johnson is an excellent physician and surgeon. He actively listens to your concerns and has a positive approach and manner with the patient. I had outstanding results with my knee surgery. I couldn’t ask for better results, and his professionalism throughout the process was stellar. His bedside manner is outstanding as well as his surgical skills!
Author:
In my need of care Dr Johnson was on point,and I'm healing fine.
Very positive experience.
Author:
Nice man seems to be very knowledgeable. Didn’t talk down to me. I think(too early to tell) he fixed my shoulder. If more is required I will not hesitate to call him. 5 stars is not enough
Author:
Dr. Johnson has helped me thru a lot of painful shoulders over the years and has always shown kindness and his years of experience. Thank you for your great care.
Author:
Dr. Johnson has treated me and is very good. He gave a joint shot in the shoulder that I did not feel. With that and Physical Therapy his treatment was successful. He was easy to understand and I I want to thank him.
Author:
Wonderful doctor. Keeps up on the latest in medicine to provide me the best care. Would recommend to anyone.
Author:
Dr. Johnson was very knowledgeable of my situation and gave me the information I needed to make an informed decision about my surgery. Fun to talk to and easy to work with. I would reccomend him to anyone and everyone! Best Orthopedic Surgeon in Hickory!
Author:
I will definitely visit again for my orthopedic needs. He's a really amazing doctor.
Author:
Dr. Johnson is a real class act. I saw him for my ankle and he got it worked on in no time.
Author:
Dr. Johnson has helped me through various sports orthopedic injuries, with great success. He has excellent bedside manner and is very funny. His credentials are excellent, the best by far in this region. I have recommended him to many of my family and friends and they all love him too.
Author:
I have been seeing doctor Johnson for various injuries over the past decade. He has always been professional and compassionate. He once met me at my house on his day off to treat an ankle injury. The previous negative review saddened me as this was an obvious attempt to slander one of the pillars of our community. Dr. J donates countless hours of his time to those less fortunate in our town and abroad doing mission trips. Don't believe the negative review. Dr. J is the "go to" guy in Hickory.
Author:
I had a very good experience with having a rotator cuff surgery. Dr. Johnson was clear on explaining the procedure before and the recovery process after. The total experience was better than I expected as had heard how bad this surgery was. It was not bad at all. The pain was easily managed and recovery is going great.
Author:
Top notch doctor. Took time to explain my condition and the treatment. Excellent bedside manner. I could tell he sincerely wanted to help me. Will recommend to all of my friends.
Author:
If I could give him zero stars, that would suit us better. His attitude is dismissive and his bedside manner deplorable. There is nothing of compassion in the man and his arrogance is simply choking. He immediately dismissed my husband as pill-seeking and very roughly examined him, acting like the arrogant bully he is. Disregarded the major trauma in my husband's shoulder because my husband is tough, and his disrespect has caused my husband to reject all pain meds for his condition. Terrible man
Author:
The worst human inside or outside medical profession I hv encountered in my 60 yrs. I am sz 12 woman, 1 sz less than American average. The only thing he concentrated on was "overweight", not my triple break & dislocation in ankle. Because I was self pay he refused to allow PT & left me to learn to walk again on my own. Zero compassion or empathy for patient. Traumatic injury but beatdown by Dr Johnson so much worse than injury.
Author:
Excellent bedside manner. Compassionate and patient even while dealing with a slightly neurotic patient who was overly anxious about a steroid injection that in retrospect I didn’t feel.
Author:
Great Job on doing a shoulder injection
Author:
Doctor Johnson was very professional and knowledgeable. He along with the nursing and wait room staff made the visit run smoothly, and everyone I encountered was very personable.
Author:
Dr. Johnson and his staff were very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend his care for anyone
Author:
Dr. Johnson was nice and professional. He answered all my questions and helped to start me on my way to getting back healthy. Enjoyed him and his staff. Great place.
Author:
I went to this doctor about five years ago. I had already had two previous surgeries on my shoulder and after suffering for a few years my primary care doctor referred me to get a new look. He spent all of five minutes with me. Declared I was addicted to meds and should see my primary care doctor to get in a group to help with that. I was furious and left crying mad. I refused to pay his bill. Until today because of a new injury and the fact that he is in the OrthoCarolina. Poor bedside manners!
Author:
He takes time and listens.
Author:
So happy to have gotten assigned to dr Johnson. Had him about 12 years ago for my knee. He is an excellent dr and explains everything so you understand and are put at ease.
Author:
Dr.Johnson takes time with his patients, and he is very knowledgeable. He did my son’s knee surgery several years ago and now I am a patient! He is wonderful.
Author:
Dr Johnson has been very professional and courteous. He has taken time to explain my issue and offer options, which I appreciate.
Author:
Dr. Johnson was direct and to the point. He answered any questions I had in a thoughtful and thorough manner. He was polite, casually perching on the counter during our time together. He used the computer x-rays taken to direct my attention to the problem in my shoulder. He was conservative in his recommendation for treatment. He provided an informative pamphlet to further explain my worn-out shoulder.
Author:
We really liked Dr Johnson. He was very knowlegable and we'll informed. He gave answers to problem that we liked. A really great doctor.
Author:
His demeanor was not warm and friendly. If you are an active athlete, you are welcomed. If you are overweight or old, he won't make eye contact.
Author:
Saw Dr. Johnson the first time for FS. He was kind, patient & explained everything very clearly. Received an injection, did his PT protocol, total recovery. Came back 6 mos later, w/what he stated was FS in opp shoulder yet no MRI to verify . He was rude, impatient & condescending. Placed needle for inj in wrong area, dug around in joint instead of reinserting causing horrible pain, refused to prescribe Lidocaine patch for pain . Left in tears. He acted as if I was a bother to him.
Author:
Excellent physician that took time to make sure I completely understood my condition and that I was satisfied with the proposed corrective action. I will contact him in the future with any Orthopedic needs.
Author:
Great physician, especially with sports related injuries. Diagnosed my collarbone injury right away.
Author:
Amazing care and concern for us. He was attentive and listened well to our problems. He explained the details of our problem well and explained the medical conditions very well. He is friendly and knowledgable. He answered all our questions.
Author:
Doctor Johnson is wonderful. I am a very active person, but have a few miles on me and get injured not too infrequently. Dr. Johnson is always able to fix me up and get me back to the sports I enjoy. He is the team Physician for the Lenoir Rhyne University athletic teams and is the most respected sports medicine doctor in town. I refer all my friends to him. Dr. Johnson you rock!!!