Dr. Jerald Garcia, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Dr. Jerald Garcia, MD
Dr. Jerald Garcia, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Honolulu, HI. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 12 years. Dr. Garcia is affiliated with Kuakini Medical Center, Pali Momi Medical Center and The Queen's Medical Center.

Dr. Garcia's Care Philosophy

Our philosophy at HiPain is to treat your pain using a multi-disciplinary approach, combining state-of-the-art techniques with good, old- fashioned individualized care. We strive for the best possible outcome. After all, life is too short to be in pain.

Dr. Garcia's Experience

See how Dr. Garcia's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Garcia

Dr. Garcia accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Garcia is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Garcia has admitting privileges.

Dr. Garcia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garcia to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Garcia's Performance
    FAIR
Kaneohe, HI |
On a scale of one to five, I give Dr. Garcia all fives ?????????? on his incompetence, immaturity, rudeness, poor bedside manner, inflexibility, and narrow mindedness. I have personally never met a worse physician. I am sure he did fine in school, which is how he got his MD, but he is no doctor. Dr. Garcia makes his patients wait hours to see him, and then it's never him they see, but a nurse. When he does come in, he is quick tempered and condescending; Very poor doctor. I am fed up.
Kaneohe, HI |
Dr. Garcia is young and extremely arrogant and condescending toward his patients. He does not allow the patient to be a part of the pain management process. He has no real understanding of the many different kinds of pain and that the same medicine does not work for everything. He's a one size fits all prescriber. Dr. Garcia also has a very bad temper, and he has no trouble losing it with his patients. He's absolutely horrible, but I'm stuck. I hate the man. You can do better!
Honolulu, HI |
I found the staff helpful, but Dr. Garcia was quite rude and impatient. It seemed like he blamed me for the fact that his prescribed treatment failed. He is physically rough when performing exams so I left appointments in more pain than when I arrived. The wait times are horrible (45 m-1.5 hrs), especially considering he spends most of the appointment reading from the computer. He responds as if he is offended if you ask questions about your treatment or mention opinions from your other doctors.
Wahiawa, HI |
I don't like the way they schedule Appointments ,don't like the way staff in front desk answer questions and taking phone calls,the waiting time always is between 45min and an hr after your appt time.If you call to ask a question staff never know very desapointed on how they work.
Bowie, MD |
I felt they did not listen and had problems with them calling back and also getting authorizations from our insurance company.
in Kapolei, HI |
Unfortunately, the wait time can be frustrating, but that's an indicative of how he's in demand by many seeking sick Patients like me. One should expect a delay from their appt. when seeing Dr. Jerald Garcia, that's just how it is. I've been seeing him as a regular Patient before and after my Spine Surgery, taking care of my Pain Meds and continued toward recovery. I also want to thank him for recommending me to Dr. John Graham who did the surgery, *I'm grateful to both and highly recommended!*
in Honolulu, HI |
This man is an IDIOT.....waited 2 weeks for an appointment,then after an consultant and look at my x-rays,gave me an appointment to come back in another 2 weeks
in Kapolei, HI |
Requested the first appointment of the day and still waited over an hour past my appointment time. I was told doctor was delayed at hospital with an emergency. When I finally saw Dr. Garcia I recognized him as the person who walked into the clinic just after me...so his staff lied to me. His staff is horrible and do not return calls. Over a month after my appointment and I still do not have meds he perscribed me and haven't been able to get the referral to physical therapy he gave me.
in Honolulu, HI |
I was told that the pain blocker injection would stop the pain. The first time wasn't bad,but it did nothing for my pain except give me more discomfort at the sight of the injections. The second time ,same thing, so i figure try one more time ,the worst thing I could have done not only did it hurt like he'll , i ended up in the ER the next day. With no feeling in my leg . I just remember screaming at the top of my lungs with one shot, witch is the one he missed and hit a nerve. NEVER AGAIN,DONE
honolulu |
The office staff is nice, but that is the most positive comment I can say in regard to Dr. Garcia and his practice. The wait times are atrocious, the doctor's as well as their nurse practitioner are dismissive. They prescribe medication that doesn't work and refuse to prescribe what has worked. They treated me as if I were a criminal or some kind of junkie without looking at any evidence to the contrary, such as what medications I use or how often I had them refilled. I will not be going back.
He's great. Professional, kind, courteous. The high turn around of ither medical and support staff has caused a lot of confusion when making appointments and in general communication. The high turn around is not cost effective to his practice though it continues and i find it frustraing when trying to communicate with his staff. Indont know if i will continue my care there ifstaff continues to change causing chaos to patient care as they are the backbine if his practice.
honolulu |
Every time I have an appointment, I have had to wait over an hour and a half to see the doctor. They need to fix their scheduling as they have not been on time or any where near the last three times I've come.
in Honolulu, HI |
Came in with nerve pain issues in right side of body due to brain cancer. Dr. Garcia is very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, none of the treatments helped the pain. However, my lower rating is due to the inappropriate wait time when I come in for an appointment. Waiting times after checking in have been from 45 minutes to as long as 2 1/2 hours. Ridiculous. Scheduling seems very unorganized. When questioning Dr. Garcia on why the wait time is so long, he got very defensive.
Have you seen Dr. Jerald Garcia, MD?
Are you Dr. Garcia?

Compare Dr. Garcia

Dr. Garcia's Care Philosophy

Dr. Garcia's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Hawaii not available

Dr. Garcia has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

Why It Matters: Dr. Garcia's Board Certifications

Completed in 2009

Completed in 2010

University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Garcia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Garcia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine