Dr. Jerald Altman, MD

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck SurgeryMaleAge 54

Dr. Jerald Altman, MD is a Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialist in Glendale, AZ and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Altman has more experience with Sleep Apnea than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Ohio State University College Of Medicine And Public Health medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with Abrazo Arrowhead Campus. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Altman to book an appointment.

18699 N 67th Ave Ste 300 Glendale, AZ 85308
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Altman with our nearby Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialists at Mayo.

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Altman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Altman

3.9

Dr. Altman

I saw Dr. Jerald Altman to have my hearing tested. The results showed I had diminished hearing in one ear more than the other. The doctor recommend an MRI but did not take the time to explain to me why I should have this done. After that the audiologist meet with me and pushed the need for me to buy hearing aids for both ears. I attempted the MRI test but could not finish it because I had a panic attach due to claustrophobia. When I got home I left a message with Altman's assistant asking questions on how important it was to have the MRI done and if needed, could he prescribe valium. I did not hear back from their office for ten days. In the mean time I made an appoint at Mayo Clinic and had a much more informative experience. Everything was explained in detail and options were presented. I was told I did not need hearing aids and there were alternatives to the MRI. Lesson learned: always get a second option and If your doctor does not return your messages, go somewhere else.
Jul 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
Dr. Altman is a very professional doctor. I really like his bedside manner. He is very clear and he knows what he is doing. I was very worried about my sinuses but he told me there is nothing to worry about and put me at ease. I just got a septoplasty done with reduction of my turbinates and antrostomy of my sinuses. He was very fast with the surgery and I saw a huge improvement in about a week. I am so happy to be breathing again after months of struggle and sleepless nights. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for an ENT. I trusted him and he did an amazing job. Thanks to him.
F.L. – Jan 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
I want to revise my premature review dated 7-24-2019 to raise the rating of the staff. They did return my phone call and did do everything possible to take care of me. Their rating should be a 4 star.
Jul 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
This story starts in December of 2017 when I had surgery scheduled for 22 January 2018, the office calls me the day before and states the surgery has to be rescheduled because their inapt office failed due to late submission to my health Provider. I had the surgery for a deviated septum and had problems with severe nose bleeds throughout the year. I had "4" post operative visits trying to correct the nose bleeds. After the 4th visit in February of 2019 and Altman's arrogance I decided to try another ENT at the Mayo Clinic. I was frustrated after 4 visits and the 3000.00 he charged to cauterized the nostril without fixing the nose bleeds. He also was insulted when I asked to see if I was anemic and having blood work at the Mayo showed that I was anemic from blood loss. He might be a good surgeon, but he lacks in bedside manners!! The CT scan at the Mayo showed bleeding around the right turbinate..... something Altman should of done!!!!
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
I’ve been having recurring nose bleeds. My wife became very concerned. She called Dr Altman’s extremely busy practice and got me in that same Friday afternoon. Staff as well as Dr was very professional, courteous, and efficient. My problem was quickly diagnosed & solved. I’d recommend Dr Altman in a heartbeat!
Mar 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
Dr. Altman is a premier ENT physician. I've had ear issues my whole life and it was a God send to find him years ago. No one treats my ears better, with more care then him. Ear pain has been something that's plagued me with several other ENT physicians in past. Dr. Altman is a real pro and I would highly recommend him.
Eric L. in Goodyear, AZ – Jan 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
I have never met a Dr so wonderful then Dr. Altman , I can write a novel for this but there's no space, But will say he's THE BEST DR. I HAVE EVER CROSSED WAYS WITH AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE DR.ALTMAN HE MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY NOT JUST A BORING OLD DR THAT SEEMS TO NO BE INTERESTED IN HIS JOB , HE PERFORMED 2 SURGERYS ON ME AND I AM SO GRATEFUL I CHOSE HIM TO DO SO .THANK YOU FOR GETTING THE JOB DONE JERALD YOUR TOP NOTCH DOC IN MY BOOK AND ALSO MY FAMILYS VERY PLEASED WITH YOUR WORK
Consuelo95 in phoenix, AZ – Aug 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
I finally found an ENT I trust my children to! I've been searching for 18yrs for someone like Dr Altman. He's extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, not only answers questions but asks if you have more. You are not rushed out the door & your time is respected as equally as his. I have been to many different ENT's in the valley & have never felt this level of trust & been so comfortable. My only complaint is not finding him sooner & the unnecessary suffering of my children from past Drs. He's #1
Jennifer Glosser in Glendale AZ – Apr 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
I saw Dr. Altman about swollen lymph nodes. He was kind, understanding and not an alarmist. He was a perfect fit for my worrisome personality. I would strongly reccomend this doctor.
Amy in Peoria, AZ – Apr 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
Dr. Altman has been my E.N.T. going on 4 years and I am totally satisfied with his expertise regarding my care ,there has never been any rush to get me in and out ....addresses all my concerns completely and he has a great sense of humor. Thank you Dr. Altman
Larry in Avondale, AZ – Sep 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
After explaining details about needed throat surgery, he offered me time to think about it. After a couple of months, his staff called me saying the doctor feels that I shouldn't take too long to make my choice. So I had it done that same month. The surgery was done in a hospital environment surgery center where I felt safe if any other condition arose. He called me at home the next day to followup. I experience very little discomfort during and days after. I'm very pleased!
K. B. in Peoria, AZ – Feb 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
Love Dr. Altman - he's knowledgeable, kind, reassuring, takes the time to answer all of your questions, and does not make you feel rushed. However, it's difficult to make an appointment with him - the gentleman in charge of scheduling appointments is less than helpful - the date/time of my follow-up appointment has been screwed up TWICE, and the gentleman makes no effort to fix the situation or at least acknowledge and apologize for his mistake - I have to drop my star rating for this reason.
Frustrated with Scheduling in Mesa, AZ – Dec 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
He's a great doctor , he's professional and an excellent doctor.
Magdalena Ross in Phoenix, AZ – Oct 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
Dr. Altman is without a doubt the best doctor I have ever been to. He lifts my spirits just by being in his office. I'm afraid I use him for more than just my ENT conditions because he knows more than most PCP's that I have been to. His personality makes us a good match. I wish that every doctor would have the overall knowledge that he has. He makes going to the doctor a treat instead of a dread. Thanks for being that doctor that I can depend on to make the best decision for my health needs.
Nancy Fontana in Glendale, AZ – Jun 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
Wonderful doctor. Procedure don't so well that I didn't need to take any of my prescribed pain meds
J K in Phoenix, AZ – Jun 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
Doctor Altman is hands down the best ENT there ever was, or could be. As a professional singer, he has helped me through numerous situations to keep my voice healthy and at its best. Knowledgable, with the best bedside manner, I will continue to recommend him to anyone and everyone who needs specialty ENT care. I go out of my way to see him specifically.
Rhys G. in Los Angeles, CA – Jun 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
Horrible, did not even make eye contact with me half the time. Playing with his laptop and seemed uninterested in what I was saying. Got a second opinion with a wonderful Doc.
  • Long wait times
christy in Phoenix, AZ – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
Butcher!!!!!!! I haven't been able to swallow food since the butcher removed the back of my tongue. Ran as fast as you can!!!!
Eric S in Waddell, AZ – Mar 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?
Dr Altman is an excellent physician, thorough, knowledgeable, generous with his time and gentle. I have been a patient of his for many years and have recommended him to many people, who have also been extremely pleased with his care.
Gail Massaro in Phoenix Arizona – Mar 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jerald Altman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Altman?

• Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery