Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD

Psychiatry •  Female

Dr. Vinch
43200 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights, MI 48314

Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Sterling Heights, MI. She specializes in psychiatry and child & adolescent psychiatry.

Dr. Vinch's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vinch

3.7

Dr. Vinch?
Dr. Vinch's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD
In my opinion, Dr. Vinch is a very rear gem. Let me explain before you this gets taken out of context. On my first visit with Dr. Vinch I had severe anxiety among other issues. After seeing what my blood pressure was at 220/180 she asked if the other doctors had prescribed medication for high blood pressure because I had marked I was not on any medication. I said no. I explained to her how it came to be that I was even there and she listened and did not judge. Here response there is no question you have anxiety. I have been with her now for over 2 years and do not regreat my choice to stay with her. As for anyone the insurance or payment did anyone think to ask her why she changed her policy and give her a chance to explain herself? I asked because I was concerned too, however, her answer made total sense. I suggest before jumping to conclusions on her being cold and unreasonable you should act like a grown up and ask questions you might be suprised at what you find out.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD?
Very knowledgeable Doctor. Really seems to understand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD?
My experience with Dr. Vinch was amazing! two other "highly recommeded" Psychiatrist never thought to do blood tests before medicating. The blood test along with the cheek swab told us he was on medication that would never owrk for him. She is kind, smart, and proactive. We are paying out of pocket since she does not participate with our insurance. For us, she is worth it!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD?
Dr. Vinch saved my life. That was until Dr. Vinch saw me. After all these decades not one doctor saw nor addressed my dangerously high blood pressure. But Dr. Vinch did and informed. After all these years someone finally said "I believe you". I didn't know what was causing the pains and tiredness, I chocked it up to getting older. Everything I knew went out the window and Dr. Vinch was able to explain everything in detail. Dr. Vinch is a true genius and a caring and compassionate woman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD?
I too find this practice to be cold, unfriendly, and do not put patients as a priority.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD?
As a Doctor per se, she is OK. But as the owner of her business (Clearwood Clinic) she sets unreasonable policies for her patients. She requires full payment from high-deductible health insurance patients before she even sends the claim to the insurance company. This is a stark difference from how most other insurance-participating providers operate. Dr. Vinch's policy, in contrast, shouts loud and clear that she doesn't trust her clients, period. Hm... Why patients should trust *her*, then?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Vinch. As I don’t like to see new doctors due to my anxiety. She made me feel comfortable listened to how I felt I didn’t feel judged in the least very compassionate. I really felt like I could open up with her. If you are looking for a kind, compassionate, caring doctor she is the one. Highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD?
Dr. Vinch is an excellent, kind, and caring physician. She has really helped my family, and I would highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD?
After our consultation we should have walked away as she showed no compassion or understanding and didn't listen to our concerns. She made an initial diagnosis and recommended medication. When we weren't seeing the desired results we asked if there were any alternatives. Her ego seemed to get in the way of professionalism as she stated her initial recommendation and medication was all she would offer us. I would NOT recommend seeing this Dr to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD?
I also felt an “off” vibe with this doctor the first time I met her. She does not take an approach that considers the patient as a whole or an individual. If you question her, she puts up a wall and refuses to treat you. A doctors first job is to really listen and hear the patient....and this a skill she is most certainly lacking. Very cold individual.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Vinch, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vinch?

• Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Vinch accepts

Dr. Vinch accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Blue Care Network PCP Focus Network
Group Employees PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
HAP Insurance
Preferred PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Vinch's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Vinch treats this condition more than 33% of her peers

Dr. Vinch's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases