Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD

Dr. Rea
Telehealth services available

Colorectal Surgical & Gastroenterology Associates

2620 Wilhite Dr Lexington, KY 40503

Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Lexington, KY. Dr. Rea has more experience with Colorectal Surgery than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with medical facilities Baptist Health Lexington and Saint Joseph Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rea to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Colorectal Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Rea accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kentucky

Frequently Treated by Dr. Rea

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Rea treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Rea treats other conditions, please contact the office at (859) 278-6031.

Colorectal Surgery

Colorectal surgery treats conditions affecting the colon and rectum, including colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulitis and hemorrhoids, through procedures such as tumor removal, colectomy, colostomy and resection.

Typically treats 91% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Colon and Rectal Surgery

Dr. Rea performs Colon and Rectal Surgery more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Rea performs this procedure more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Rea performs Removal or Destruction of Rectal or Intestinal Tumor (incl. Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy and Control of Hemorrhage) more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Rea performs this procedure more than 99% of their peers

Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy

Dr. Rea performs Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Rea performs this procedure more than 97% of their peers

• Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Hernia Repair
  • Inflammatory Bowel Disease
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Paracentesis
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Puncture Aspiration

Dr. Rea's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rea

4.4

Dr. Rea?
I’ll be honest… After reading reviews, I was skeptical about going to see Dr. Rea. One thing I wanted to say is that she listened to what I had to say. As an older woman. I know my body. I know what’s normal and what’s not. She pulled up her stool and we had an actual conversation about what was going on. I got in quickly to get the colonoscopy. Again, before the procedure, we talked. Her staff members were very personable and friendly. Waiting on pathology results now...we’ll see how things go with follow-up once the results come in Thank you.
Lisa M. – Sep 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Introduced herself; Caring, knowledgeable, personable; described all she was about to do
Nance2468 – Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Great surgeon so far who did a fairly complicated surgery. Six weeks post op exam showed success. Golden hands, high skills, compassionate bedside manner, sharp as a tack, and always a big reassuring smile on this competent professional.
Jerome – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
I have been twice. She is nice. However, the office is managed poorly. Both times, she was 90 minutes behind and spent about 75 seconds with me. The second time, I was her last patient and everyone was wanting to go home. I was in the exam room for about two hours (I fell asleep under the bright light). It was about 6 p.m. upon leaving for my 3:30 p.m appointment. She was in the room for less than two minutes.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Alex – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
I could not be more pleased with my experience with Dr Rea and the staff of CSGA. Dr. Rea was attentive and took time to listen to my problem. She explained the situation, and we scheduled surgery. Again, the staff from scheduling to surgery and post operative were excellent! The results of my surgery are better than I hoped for and as I told one of the staff there today, "I wish I could hug everyone here". I highly recommend Dr. Rea.
  • Long wait times
Steve Ryker – Jul 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
She did surgery on my wife in September , after care was pathetic leading her for excessive antibiotics and no empathy for a patient. We have to change a surgeon in another facility and her surgery wound got cured after 4 months which she ruled out to be cured in Nov. She used wrong technique and incision was at wrong place leading to long recovery, due to trauma my wife is suffering now for fissher which she ignored in late October and got chronic. Suffering continues with no follow ups.
KY – Feb 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Dr. Rea, Preformed a Colectomy on me that was a very complicated case. It went extremely well. I couldn't have ask for a better health care provider. In my history of the physicians that I have dealt with in the past, she is the one that I would recommend for anyone that may have serious issues. I was never nervous with Dr. Rea. I completely trust her opinion and recommendations. Dr Rea even found issues that my family Physicians hadn't found in my lab work. Wow!! She is Awesome.
Sharon Privett in Pine Knot, Ky – Mar 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Dr Rhea was amazing! I was having severe pain and rectal bleeding. I was really scared something was really wrong. She was so kind and knowledgeable. She put me at ease and let me know she could help me .She did rubber band ligation on my hemmoroids and was so gentle and efficient. She took a very embarrassing situation and treated me with dignity and kindness. I had two treatments and now feel better than ever. I am eternally grateful for her care and would highly recommend her.
Tara – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Dr. Rea is very compassionate, professional and knowledgable. I had my very first colonoscopy this morning. I was very nervous. Not only did Dr Rea prepare me for what to expect, I can honestly say she has some of the most compassionate team members I have ever met (Katie and Lynn, If memory serves me correctly). I can't say enough about Dr Rea and her excellent team. I highly recommend them!!
Sandra Stokley in Lexington, KY – Jul 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Dr Rea is wonderful! She is very caring and attentive to her patient's needs and desires. The office is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Highly recommend her!!
kristen in Lexington, KY – Jul 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
I was EXTREMELY apprehensive about seeing a doctor for such an embarrassing thing as rectal pain. I finally gave in due to the severity. Dr. Rea and her staff were extremely welcoming and I was put at ease the minute I walked in. It's only been 3 days since I saw her and I'm feeling so much better it's amazing. Do not put off seeing her if you are in pain, go as soon as you can get an appointment. I spent nearly 2 months in agonizing pain because I was too scared and embarrassed to get help.
Amy in Frankfort, KY – May 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
From the time I walked in to the time I left they were extremely nice and professional. Would most definitely recommend.
Lexington, KY – Apr 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Dr. Rea is a wonderful doctor and I appreciate her honesty and humor. She helped ease my concerns as I was a nervous wreck before my surgery. Would highly recommend.
Lexington, KY – Apr 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Dr. Rea is Avery kind, caring, compassionate, & professional physician. She was excellent with my colonoscopy. She recently also listened and help guide me through another medical problem. I would highly recommend her to anyone.
Glo in Lexington, KY – Mar 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Dr. Rea has an excellent bed side manner and was very informative and kind. Her staff was amazing and I was seen in a very timely manner. Overall, my experience with Dr. Rea and her staff was a very pleasant experience. I would recommend her to anyone for their colorectal needs.
Bunny in Lexington, KY – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Dr. Rea was great with me! She understood my anxiety and really listened to me. I have never had another doctor actually sit down and truly listen to what was going on with me. After my first appt., I walked out of their office truly feeling heard. She really cared about me!! It has been a long road with my disease but, having her in my corner has not only given me the strength to fight, but given me the best treatment plan that fits for me personally.
Lexington, KY – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Dr. Rea is compassionate and thorough, and her expertise in colorectal surgery gives me confidence in her to manage my health with my extensive family history of both colon and rectal cancer. She did my last colonoscopy, which was as pleasant as it could possibly be, and then spoke with my husband in terms he understood. She is welcome to questions and spends as much time as needed answering them.
Shannon in Lexington, KY – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Dr. Rea is an excellent surgeon!!! She is very compassionate and listens to us!!! She saved my mother's life and my family will never see another doc!!!!
Lexington, KY – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
I was treated terrible . The pain was devastating every fear I had came true . her zero compassion during a colonoscopy was horrifying . as I screamed and begged 2 stop . She said things like Oh lots of people do this with no medication and your screaming is not helping . A botched Iv and my arm was on fire as they injected medication into my arm muscle instead of my vein ..They kept on going . Knowing I was having this procedure due to my severe Diverticulistis Please Beware .
Ann in Lexington, KY – Feb 28, 2017
Ann, Thank you for leaving this feedback. I...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?
Dr Rea is a great surgeon and a great person easy to talk to. I'm so glad I chose her for my surgery
Josephine Shoemaker in Manchester ky – Jul 16, 2016
Dr. Rea's Reply – Flag
So great to get this feedback! Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Rea, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rea?

The question, "why would someone ever go into this field?" comes up quite a bit in my office. The answer comes so easily for me. I get to practice the...Read more

• Colorectal Surgery