Breast Surgery  |
Dr. Jennifer O'Neill, MD
Dr. Jennifer O'Neill, MD is a breast surgery doctor who practices in Avondale, AZ. She is 60 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. O'Neill is affiliated with Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical Center, Banner - Unviersity Medical Center Phoenix, Abrazo West Campus and Dignity Health - Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.

Arizona Breast Consultants

13055 W McDowell Rd Ste E101

Avondale, AZ 85392

• AARP
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Banner Health
  • Bashas Benefit Trust
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CHAMPVA
  • City of Mesa Health Plan

Learn about Dr. O'Neill

I have a woman-centered philosophy for breast disease. I want to treat my patients in the manner I would want to be treated.

Dr. O'Neill's Experience

Dr. O'Neill's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Breast Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Acute Breast Diseases
  • Breast Cancer

• Breast Surgical Procedure

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Indiana State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • University Of Tennessee
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • St. Francis Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Michigan State Univ College Of Human Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. O'Neill has no media or publications listed.

Dr. O'Neill does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Neill and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. O'Neill's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Neill to family and friends
4.3
Dr. O'Neill's Performance
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. O'Neill is unique physician. She is an excellent surgeon who not only helps you with the physical aspects of breast cancer, but also helps you with the psychological aspects of fighing breast cancer. Anyone who is unfortunate to have this diagnosis, will soon learn that the cure is not merely to the breast but to your mind and whole self. I received hugs when I needed them the most, as well as timely referrals, expertise and advice. Selecting Dr. Oneill was the best decision that I made
in Chandler, AZ |
I absolutely love Dr. O'Neill! She is the most caring surgeon I know! She listens to what you say and doesn't rush you! And explains everything in plain English! Katie Myers
in Chandler, AZ |
If I could give Dr. O'Neill 100 stars, I would in a heartbeat. Every little detail about her is top notch - her bedside manner, her approach to treating you, her office. But what clearly shines with Dr. O'Neill is her heart - she cares. She makes you feel comfortable from the moment she steps inside the room and begins to interface with you. You're never a number but a real person. I can't say enough about her and will travel from Chandler to Avondale to keep within her care. Thank you Dr!
Phoenix, AZ |
When I was told I had breast cancer I was recommended to Dr. O'Neill by my family Dr.who told me she was the best and from then on I was in the very best of hands in my care. She recommend, Dr. Lucy Chen, my radiologist and Dr. Andrew Buresh, my Oncologist. All these doctors on the Top Doctors List. Even though Dr. O'Niell moved to the Tempe office which is further to go to from Scottsdale she is worth the trip to keep her as my doctor and I will continue to go to her and the rest of my dr's.
Scottsdale, AZ |
I was extremely impressed after meeting with Dr. Jennifer O'Neill for a surgery consult. Her bedside manner is fantastic! She made me feel so comfortable, being that I was so paranoid to think I would need to undergo surgery. I was pleased to learn that I did not need surgery and I appreciated her conservative approach to not head straight to the OR for an elective surgery. I left her office feeling informed of my condition and confident that I was making the right decision with her help. I als
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. O'Neill is treating my mother right now who at this point unexpectedly has stage 3 invasive breast cancer. And she is a blessing. My mother is real weary around doctors but its like Dr. O'Neill is a angel from above. Her mannerism, respect and patience for treating people in need is what really counts and I really respect her for that. Thank you Dr. O'Neill for doing what you do and helping save lives. -Beonca Ortega
in Tonopah, AZ |
Out of all of my cancer team specialists, Dr. Jennifer K. O'Neill is my favorite. From the first warning I had a tumor, she treated me with such warmth and caring I truly have not minded going through the cancer journey. Dr. O'Neill quickly responded to questions and allowed me the time to think through my options. She is a warrior surgeon determined to eradicate cancer and save lives. Office staff is friendly and competent. My sisters are amazed at the tiny bit of scarring, amazing surgeon!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I met Dr. O'Neill in 2012, when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. She was excellent, giving me plenty of time to ask questions, and giving me lots of encouragement. I just saw her today, and was reminded of how exceptional she is. She is kind and warm, but a warrior against cancer. She is intense in her hatred of this disease, so be ready for her to fight for you. By the way, every doctor who has seen my post lumpectomy scars has commented on how beautiful and tiny they are. She is the best!
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. O'Neill took excellent care of me. She always tried to put me at ease with my care, and help me understand what course of treatment we could take and why. I feel so blessed that I found her when I needed not only physical care, but emotional support. She was wonderful!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. O'Neill is one of the best doctors I have been to. She is extremely knowledgeable in the field of breast surgery. Her bedside manner is impeccable and you never feel rushed, every concern is addressed and she never lets you leave her office with unanswered questions. She is always looking out for the interests of her patients. I would never consider going to anyone else. If you have any issues relating to the breast I would highly recommend making her your first call.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr O'Neill is a straightforward and dedicated breast surgeon who genuinely cares about every patient that walks through her door. Dr O'Neill was SO amazing when she had to walk me through my cancer diagnosis and her excitement when she did my surgery and found that she "got all the cancer" made me know I was in the best hands ever! I am blessed to have a hand full of doctors that STILL care and Dr O'Neill is DEFINITELY one of them.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr O'Neill spent a great deal of time reviewing records/scans & explaining my surgery options. She also took time to listen. She was thorough, respectful, professional and caring. Surgery was scheduled quickly and the outcome was excellent. She personally called my home with scan results prior to surgery. In the hospital she greeted me with a hug. She is a skilled surgeon who truly cares about her patients. Other professionals speak highly of her. Glad of the referral by my PCP. Highly recommend
in Phoenix AZ |
Dr ONeill has been my breast surgeon since my 2013 ductile mammary gland lumpectomy & my2016 metastatic lymph node mastectomy. She answered al my questions thoro'ly kindly patiently giving even the worst news with ccmpassion & sound medical reasoning. As scarey as a cancer dianosis is especially metasratic I was confident about my outcome as I went into surgery..She is not only a great surgeon she is a blessing to anyone facing breast cancer and every visit begins & ends ×ith a hug. I thank God
Buckeye, AZ |
Dr O'Neill is extremely unprofessional and I left her office very upset with how I was treated. She had obviously not read my chart prior to our second visit and gave me conflicting information during my two visits. She would often rudely interrupt during our consultations and often lost her train of thought and her answers varied greatly. O I've honestly never felt so uncomfortable with a physician and would never wish for any patient facing cancer to feel the way she made me feel.
Dr. O'Neill didn't even introduce herself. While giving background on my tumor removal, she interrupted, Why are you here? I showed her an area that hurts when I press on it; her serious answer was, Then don't press on it! She was annoyed I brought MRI results (suggested by my other docs bc I have dense breasts) and not another mammogram. She snapped at me during a confusing breast exam with, I'm trying to teach you something! I certainly couldn't tell. I was in tears. Will never be back.
This is not consistent with my behavior and I wish she would have brought this up in person during the visit
in Phoenix, AZ |
I left her office not feeling comfortable or have confidence in what she told me and got conflicting information over 2 visits. When I went to a different surgeon for a second opinion, the difference was night and day with professionalism, knowledge, information, and urgency of putting together a team including oncologists in treating my cancer.
This is not true. I had referred her to a medical oncologist the day she was in the office. The practice did not take her insurance. Janet did not answer the phone until the second day after we saw her at which time she stated she was not going to return.
Goodyear, AZ |
When your oncologist tells you one thing and then your surgeon tries to tell you something else. This is the epitome of over stepping your bounds. Having cancer is hard, going though surgeries, chemo and all hell and then finally coming out the other side. I make decisions based on my oncologist. Every freaking time I see ONeill she has to talk bad about my decision to get my port taken out. You are NOT an ONCOLOGIST. I am now cancer free. Unprofessional! Disrespectful! You are a surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Jennifer O'Neill, MD?

Visit Dr. O'Neill

Dr. O'Neill accepts 35 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
    AHCCCS - AZ Health Care Cost Containment System
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
    AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) EPO
    AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC) PPO
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Banner Health
  • Bashas Benefit Trust
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Open Access Plus PPO
  • City of Mesa Health Plan
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart
    Gold
    Humana HMO
    Humana PPO
  • LifeWise
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Maricopa Health Plan