Dr. Jennifer K. O'Neill, MD

Dr. Jennifer K. O'Neill, MD

Breast Surgery | Female

Arizona Breast Consultants 13055 W McDowell Rd Ste E101, Avondale, AZ 85392 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I have a woman-centered philosophy for breast disease. I want to treat my patients in the manner I would want to be treated.Read more

Dr. O'Neill's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. O'Neill's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. O'Neill

Dr. O'Neill accepts 35 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. O'Neill has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. O'Neill's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Neill to family and friends
3.7
Experience with Dr. O'Neill
Dr. O'Neill's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (15)
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. O'Neill is one of the best doctors I have been to. She is extremely knowledgeable in the field of breast surgery. Her bedside manner is impeccable and you never feel rushed, every concern is addressed and she never lets you leave her office with unanswered questions. She is always looking out for the interests of her patients. I would never consider going to anyone else. If you have any issues relating to the breast I would highly recommend making her your first call.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr O'Neill is a straightforward and dedicated breast surgeon who genuinely cares about every patient that walks through her door. Dr O'Neill was SO amazing when she had to walk me through my cancer diagnosis and her excitement when she did my surgery and found that she "got all the cancer" made me know I was in the best hands ever! I am blessed to have a hand full of doctors that STILL care and Dr O'Neill is DEFINITELY one of them.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr O'Neill spent a great deal of time reviewing records/scans & explaining my surgery options. She also took time to listen. She was thorough, respectful, professional and caring. Surgery was scheduled quickly and the outcome was excellent. She personally called my home with scan results prior to surgery. In the hospital she greeted me with a hug. She is a skilled surgeon who truly cares about her patients. Other professionals speak highly of her. Glad of the referral by my PCP. Highly recommend
in Phoenix AZ |
Dr ONeill has been my breast surgeon since my 2013 ductile mammary gland lumpectomy & my2016 metastatic lymph node mastectomy. She answered al my questions thoro'ly kindly patiently giving even the worst news with ccmpassion & sound medical reasoning. As scarey as a cancer dianosis is especially metasratic I was confident about my outcome as I went into surgery..She is not only a great surgeon she is a blessing to anyone facing breast cancer and every visit begins & ends ×ith a hug. I thank God
Buckeye, AZ |
Dr O'Neill is extremely unprofessional and I left her office very upset with how I was treated. She had obviously not read my chart prior to our second visit and gave me conflicting information during my two visits. She would often rudely interrupt during our consultations and often lost her train of thought and her answers varied greatly. O I've honestly never felt so uncomfortable with a physician and would never wish for any patient facing cancer to feel the way she made me feel.
Dr. O'Neill didn't even introduce herself. While giving background on my tumor removal, she interrupted, Why are you here? I showed her an area that hurts when I press on it; her serious answer was, Then don't press on it! She was annoyed I brought MRI results (suggested by my other docs bc I have dense breasts) and not another mammogram. She snapped at me during a confusing breast exam with, I'm trying to teach you something! I certainly couldn't tell. I was in tears. Will never be back.
This is not consistent with my behavior and I wish she would have brought this up in person during the visit
in Phoenix, AZ |
I left her office not feeling comfortable or have confidence in what she told me and got conflicting information over 2 visits. When I went to a different surgeon for a second opinion, the difference was night and day with professionalism, knowledge, information, and urgency of putting together a team including oncologists in treating my cancer.
This is not true. I had referred her to a medical oncologist the day she was in the office. The practice did not take her insurance. Janet did not answer the phone until the second day after we saw her at which time she stated she was not going to return.
Goodyear, AZ |
When your oncologist tells you one thing and then your surgeon tries to tell you something else. This is the epitome of over stepping your bounds. Having cancer is hard, going though surgeries, chemo and all hell and then finally coming out the other side. I make decisions based on my oncologist. Every freaking time I see ONeill she has to talk bad about my decision to get my port taken out. You are NOT an ONCOLOGIST. I am now cancer free. Unprofessional! Disrespectful! You are a surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Jennifer K. O'Neill, MD?
Are you Dr. O'Neill?

Compare Dr. O'Neill

• Breast Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. O'Neill's Board Certifications

• General Surgery

• Acute Breast Diseases
  • Breast Cancer

• Breast Surgical Procedure

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

University Of Tennessee

Graduated in 1987

St. Francis Medical Center

Completed in 1988

Michigan State Univ College of Human Medicine

Completed in 1993

Indiana State University

Graduated in 1980

Dr. O'Neill has no media or publications listed.

Dr. O'Neill does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Neill and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. O'Neill's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Breast Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. O'Neill

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. O'Neill's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. O'Neill

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. O'Neill's Care Philosophy