Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD

NeurosurgeryFemaleAge 41

Telehealth services available

SMILOW CANCER CENTER, New Haven, CT

15 YORK ST New Haven, CT 06510

Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in New Haven, CT. Dr. Moliterno Gunel has more experience with Nervous System Neoplasms and Cranial Neurosurgery than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with medical facilities Bridgeport Hospital and Yale New Haven Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Moliterno Gunel to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Moliterno Gunel with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Hartford Healthcare.

Make an appointment at Hartford Healthcare today at (203) 392-1166.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Hartford Healthcare.

Dr. Moliterno Gunel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moliterno Gunel

Dr. Moliterno Gunel

When I was originally diagnosed in August, 2021, I reached out to a number of neurosurgeons around the country to discuss the options available to me and consider their recommendations. My wife and I were very impressed with Dr. Moliterno Gunel and her team at Yale. They interacted with me over a period of months, and I was fully included in the decision-making process and was made aware of all of the pros, cons, and potential risks of the surgery. Perhaps similar to many patients, I also did a lot of independent research on the surgery and its side-effects, joined the Acoustic Neuroma Assoication (ANA), in addition to talking with Dr. Moliterno Gunel and Dr. John Kveton. My recovery process has been much easier and quicker than I anticipated. I have had few side-effects post-surgery, the surgery itself was extremely successful, and everyone that I interracted with at Yale provided truly excellent care.
Steve Berardo – Jan 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno Gunel is a rock-star and a very caring surgeon. I was diagnosed with a 3.2cm meningioma in a rare location (left tentorium leaflet) and she was able to completely remove it, along with part of the tentorium to give me the best chance at a full recovery and normal healthy life ahead. Her confidence is calming and her skill at what she does is AMAZING! She had the tumor out in about 30 minutes and the entire surgery took less than 2 hours. She is the surgeon you go to when other surgeons say they can't, Dr. Moliterno can! I would highly recommend her to anyone, and she will be the first surgeon I call should I ever need neuro surgery in the future.
Amy G. – Nov 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Not only is Dr. Moliterno an excellent surgeon, but she added a personal touch to this experience that helped both my wife and myself get through it with a lot less stress.
George Steinhoff – Nov 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Nothing but excellence from the moment we reached out to Dr Moliterno and her team. We traveled from the Boston area to New Haven and while a lengthy trip, it was well worth it for what was accomplished. We truly have had full confidence and trust with them at every step of our difficult journey going to and now after surgery into the next phase of care.
Erik – Oct 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno performed two neurosurgeries on me and they were both a success. I highly reccomend her. I was followed up for care with the Smilow Brain Tumor Team, also amazing. She is very expereinced and is responsive to me as a patient. In addition to her expertise, the Hospital has the most advanced operating rooms and she is very skilled with that kind of surgery. I would say 100% you must go to Dr. Moliterno. It would be worth traveling if you are required to do so. She is excellent all-around and I believe she saved my life.
Sep 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
she is the best in her field she saved my life .
Stephen F Franson – Aug 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Based on the consult on 08.02.21 - Dr. Moliterno displayed a professional, friendly , and excellent communication skills. The consult she facilitated was organized; focused on the prognosis and reviewed, in detail, what steps would occur prior, during and post surgery. From my limited lens w/regard to surgery and what to expect, she was open, positive and patient to answer questions about the surgery. She was readily accessible to answer any and all questions so that I all the information I needed and knew what to expect.
Regina A Masciantonio – Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno is the most talented, gifted and brilliant neurosurgeon in the country! We took our son to Waterbury hospital because he was experiencing headaches. After having an MRI, it revealed a frontal lobe malignant tumor the size of a golf ball. Surgery was urgent. I won’t lie, this was the most overwhelming and frightening time in our lives but Dr. Moliterno and her team were there to educate us, reassure us and helped us throughout the surgery and after care. We felt confident that this was where our son needed to be. She performed emergency surgery on my son and completely (100%) removed the tumor. When he awoke he had no physical or cognitive impairments! It was an amazing gift!!! If someday you are faced with having brain surgery I highly recommend Dr Moilterno! Do not hesitate to trust her with your or your loved ones life! She is by far the best surgeon in the country! And you would be very blessed to have her!!! Forever grateful!!
The Rainone’s – Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno is great! She made a very stressfu,l challenging situation better though her care and attentiveness. You are in good hands with Dr. Moliterno-she rocks!
Aug 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
The care and knowledge shown by Dr. Moliterno Gunel was exceptional. Her entire team kept me informed of what to expect from Pre-Op through to Post-Op. The follow-up care was superb.
Donald Proto – Aug 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno Gunel is a superstar! I underwent a craniotomy to remove a large tumor on 3/1/21. She employed her expertise with confidence and care. I was walking the next day and I never looked back! I truly believe she and her staff saved my life and I am forever filled with gratitude.
May 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I truly can't say enough positive comments about Dr. Moliterno, her entire team at Smilow Brain Center and the care I received during my diagnosis, surgery and through recovery. I am a nurse practitioner in women's Health and know how I treat my patients and expect to be treated as well when I am a patient. Everyone was extremely informative about the process and recovery expected, and all went according to plan. I had a menigioma removed on 4/27/21, I was in the car on my home 48 hours after my incision was closed. Amazing! My hospital stay was incredible as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Moliterno to anyone who needed a specialist in neurosurgery. She was outstanding and performed above and beyond my expectations.
Linda Magee APRN – May 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
At our initial meeting, Dr. Moliterno introduced myself and my husband to her entire team. She showed me my MRI which was extremely helpful in letting me know my exact condition. On the morning of the surgery, she took my hand and promised she would take excellent care of me - and she did! Everyone assured me I was in the most capable hands possible and they were absolutely correct. She is an incredibly gifted and compassionate professional and I consider myself lucky to have had her as my surgeon.
Terri – May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr M. Is an Amazing person, shows compassion, great skills kind and caring. Lucky to have her here at YNHH many thanks saved my life!
Rocco Jr. – May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr Moliterno performed surgery on me on May 10, 2021. Surgery went as planned and I recovered and was discharged on May 12th. My stay at the Yale New Haven hospital was very comfortable and nurses and support staff were very helpful. I would highly recommend Dr Moliterno.
Vani Purohit – May 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel was absolutely wonderful to work with. She is real, honest and comforting in how she handles things. Jennifer is eloquent and extremely skillful. I was terrified by the nature of brain surgery but she made it easy to have faith in her talent and knowledge. In addition, her team made everything go very smoothly with appointments and their willingness to answer any and all questions I had. Brain surgery is not something anyone wants to go through but if you have to, this is the team you want to trust with taking care of you.
Jennifer M – Apr 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Absolutely! Down to earth, explains procedure in details in basic language. Take s time for questions.
Apr 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr Gunel was an exceptional surgeon. When discussing my course of treatment she was well informed of my case and was direct about her ability to successfully perform the operation when most doctors won't give you definitive outcomes but positive percentages, Dr. Moliterno listened to my goals and indicated she could accomplish them. In fact, so much, her confidence boosted my trust in the process because I went into my treatment not wanting surgery - my last surgery has rendered my left side partially paralyzed. And she was true to her word. She was able to meet my surgical goals - one week after surgery I'm at a computer writing this review for her. I'd recommend Dr. Moliterno without reservation.
Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I am grateful to Dr. Moliterno and the Neuro team at YNH. They are truly experts in their field combining knowledge, skill, and compassion. I had no doubt I was in the right hands.
HW – Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr Moliterno. She explained my diagnosis fully, showing me my scans, explaining fully her approach for surgery, at the same time reassuring me this is treatable and I would be fine. Prior to surgery, I was extremely anxious and wanted to have another consult, at which time, she reviewed her procedure and again put me and my husband at ease. After the surgery, I went home on the 3rd day and was surprised how normal I felt, a little tired, but overall like myself... 2 weeks later I am feeling really good, like myself again! While home, her staff kept in touch regularly, as well as allowing me to email or call with any questions I had concerning recovery... I consider myself blessed to have had Dr Moliterno and her entire staff at Yale.
Nerina – Feb 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moliterno Gunel?
Provider explaining information to patient