Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD

Neurosurgery •  Female • Age 40

Dr. Moliterno Gunel
15 York St Ste Lci New Haven, CT 06510

Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in New Haven, CT and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Moliterno Gunel has more experience with Cranial Neurosurgery and Neuro-oncology than other specialists in her area. She graduated from University Of Florida medical school in 2005. She is affiliated with Yale New Haven Hospital. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Moliterno Gunel to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Moliterno Gunel with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Hartford Healthcare.

Make an appointment at Hartford Healthcare today at (203) 392-1166.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Hartford Healthcare.

Dr. Moliterno Gunel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moliterno Gunel

Dr. Moliterno Gunel?
My thanks and appreciation to Dr Moliterno for the care she provided me. Her surgical skills are tremendous. Even during the healing process that followed my brain surgery, I felt improvement. Prior to surgery I had difficulty with dizziness, nausea, headaches and imbalance caused by a tumor on my brain. Following surgery I was able to heal and begin to feel better than I had in many months. She and her staff gave clear explanations of what I could expect from the surgery and post-surgery healing processes. I found she and her team reached out to me to follow up on my progress and were always available to answer my questions. I am grateful to Dr Moliterno and her team.
Karen B. – Sep 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
My family and I can’t thank Dr. Moliterno and her staff enough! 2 weeks ago Dr. Moliterno performed a successful brain surgery to remove a brain tumor on myself, I m recovering well and I m very grateful for Dr.Moliterno. She is the absolute best in all regards!
Paulianne Oliveira – Aug 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Moliterno Gunel as a highly skilled neurosurgeon. She recently performed a stereotactic biopsy of a brain tumor on me at Yale. I felt complete confidence in her abilities and also appreciated her kindness in caring for me.
Donna Fedors – Aug 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I was treated by Dr. Moliterno Gunel for an acoustic neuroma in 2020. She was at all times informative and supportive, respectful of my autonomy and has the unusual ability to express her professional opinion in a way that left me feeling comfortable about my initial decision even though it differed from her recommendation. After my 2nd MRI, she quickly presented me with exactly the information I needed to be comfortable with my decision to proceed with surgery. The surgery went remarkably well, and the recovery much easier than expected. Dr. Moliterno Gunel is an excellent surgeon who truly cares about her patients.
Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I suffer from right trigeminal neuralgia, ever since I was 13 (I am now 21). I was living on pain medication and they did not seem to be helping my cause. I could not eat, talk, wash my face, even shower without shocking pain. Dr. Moliterno from the start was amazing, so friendly, and most importantly, so confident in her course of treatment she planned for me!!! I was extremely nervous about the MVD procedure, but she made me feel at such ease after explaining to me the procedure and answering all of my questions! She was very confident that this procedure would rid me of my pain and I am now a little over two weeks post op, and I have not had one shock since! I was very nervous about this surgery, but Dr. Moliterno and her whole team could not have been any more comforting and amazing. I know I made a great decision, and I cannot thank Dr. Moliterno enough!
Jordyn Franco – Aug 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
My wife and I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Moliterno, her wonderful staff, and the whole Yale team. At at time when you hear the dreaded words that you have tumors or masses in your brain, it was so comforting to have such a skilled physician with unparalleled bedside manner on your team to conquer this. My prior experience in my professional life, and other settings had not left the best taste in my mouth for doctors. Dr. Moliterno quickly changed my view of doctors with our first meeting and all interactions after that. Not only is she brilliant at her trade, but she truly is a caring and warm person, who makes you feel like she is part of your family fighting this with you, rather than a cold detached doctor here to operate upon you. So talented is she for these complex brain tumor surgeries, that when I tapped into my network on the East and West Coasts, both came up independently with the same name do my surgery -- Dr. Moliterno. She is the absolute best in all regards!
Tavis Tindall – Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I am very please with her performance as a surgeon. She recently removed a Meningioma from the right side of my brain,without any foreseeable damages with confidence and compassion in a time when anxiety was and still is around us. I thank God for her and will always remember the capable way she carried out this delicate task
Evangeline Davis – Jun 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I was suffering from trigeminal neuralgia on my left side. I could not eat or talk. It was intractable pain. Dr. Moliterno was reassuring. She told me what should could do for me. It did not seem that scary. It sounded like she knew just what to do. It gave me confidence. This doctor can do magic! She retracted intractable pain! I went through the surgery. My long hair was saved except right around the incision. When I woke up, I was afraid to see if the terrible pain was gone. When I found the courage to check, it was gone! All gone! The first 24 hours were tough and the headache I had was a lot but the nurses never gave up trying to make me comfortable and after 24 hours or so, I was so much better. I had faith in Dr. Moliterno and she lived up to everything she said she could do. My family and friends noticed the huge difference in me. I feel joyful without the pain. Dr. Moliterno can help people. I highly recommend her and her team. Thank you a zillion times!
Jocelyn Ibsen – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Moliterno when I was diagnosed with acoustic neuroma in July 2019. I recently had the tumor removed in June 2020 by Dr. Moliterno. Throughout the whole process, Dr. Moliterno was understanding, compassionate and very informative. I immediately felt comfortable with her and was impressed by her experience. She took her time to explain the procedure and outcomes. After the surgery, Dr. Moliterno spent time with me and helped to put my mind at ease about the recovery process. I’ve had a follow up call with Dr. Moliterno as I’m 2 weeks post-surgery and she spent time answering my questions and reassuring me about my recovery
  • Long wait times
Nikol M. – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Fabulous. She is very caring, compassionate, extremely skilled. She was patient with me for over a year until I decided I would have the surgery. She is a definite "10". I am grateful to have had her and her team for my surgery.
Michelle Loris – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
This was the 2nd awake brain surgery with Dr. Moliterno. She is highly skilled, compassionate and caring. She took great care of me when I could not have anyone from my family with me before and after surgery. Her positive attitude is contagious. She is a ROCKSTAR!!!
Susan Geissler – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I had a temporal lobe brain tumor removed by dr moliterno which turned out to be glioblastoma. She told me she could not guarantee removal of entire tumor yet she was able to do it. She told me surgery would be 3-4 hours she did it in 2 she is an amazing surgeon and probably one of the sweetest people you could ever meet but at the same time on top of her game with such reassuring confidence to get the job done. I will be forever grateful that she was there for me at such a scary and difficult time. In my book shes a superhero!
Karen E Dugan – May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I cannot say enough about how amazing Dr. Moliterno is. She is the most compassionate and caring person who takes the time to explain what is going on, which for myself was an AVM on my brain. Her energy is comforting. In times of stress and confusion, my family and I were well informed and knew she had my wellbeing in mind. She truly cares about her patients and wants to see them succeed no matter the circumstance. Visiting at the many follow-up appointments I had, her down to earth, reassuring manner helped me on the path to recovery. I cannot thank her and her team enough for all they have done for me and my family.
Hollie G – May 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I was very well cared for. I landed in Dr. Moliterno's lap after having an MRI that indicated I needed emergency surgery. This all happened during the Covid-19 crisis. I could not have asked for a better physician. She was kind, caring and most importantly extremely competent. She prepared me for surgery and my postoperative course in a very efficient manner. I am one lucky individual to have met and been cared for by this fine physician.
Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno Gunel is a wonderful neurosurgeon and she successfully removed my tumor. Her skills are amazing and I highly recommend her. The entire Tumor Team worked to remove my tumor, aided in my recovery and answered my concerns when I called. From the diagnosis to the recovery, you would be in the best of hands.
Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno is an exceptional Physician and even a better person. She provided answers to difficult questions was honest and realistic about the procedure and its outcomes. She has given me a chance to fight cancer. She has given me the chance to see my son grow up. She has given me the chance to live. I am forever grateful for Dr. Moliterno
Eric Schmitt – Apr 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
She was kind, compassionate and very competent . She put me at ease and told me she would do her very best. It was a very difficult tumor to remove yet she was able to remove it all. She literally saved my life. She was kind and compromised to my family as well.
Cheryl – Mar 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I had an outstanding experience with the neurosurgery performed by Dr. Moliterno Gunel and her team! I had been slowly losing my energy and quality of life over a couple of years before the diagnosis of a benign brain tumor (acoustic neuroma, 36 mm). After the diagnosis, I never thought I would be able not only to return to normal but feel so much better than ever before! Now, 10 months after the surgery, I am active (OrangeTheory workouts every other day!), productive at work (got a promotion!), and happy to get a second chance at life (I'm in my 40s)! So grateful to Dr. Moliterno for her expert skills and care!!!
Maria T. – Mar 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno did an excellent job explaining my issue, challenges that would be faced with my surgery, and the possible outcomes. My case was given urgent attention, and the surgery and outcome has been nothing short of miraculous. Additionally, the compassion that Dr. Moliterno had and being sensitive to my thoughts and feelings was very helpful. I was so impressed that I saw her very day after my surgery while I was still in the hospital. Dr. Moliterno and her entire team were wonderful towards myself and my family.
  • Long wait times
Gary W – Dec 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno took my case immediately, and provided her devote attention every step of the way. Her and Anne Long (RN) were in constant contact, I could not think of a more supportive team to have going through a brain tumor resection. My surgery went flawlessly. Even post surgery, in the follow up phase, I know they are attainable whenever I have a question. You will not find a more competent, confident and KIND neurosurgeon than Dr. Moliterno. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Moliterno and team.
Hailey O in New Haven, CT – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moliterno Gunel?

• Neurosurgery