Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Female · Age 39

Dr. Moliterno Gunel

Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in New Haven, CT. She specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Moliterno Gunel accepts

Dr. Moliterno Gunel accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Moliterno Gunel's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Moliterno Gunel's Top Procedures and Conditions

Meningiomas

Dr. Moliterno Gunel treats Meningiomas more than 98% of her peers

Dr. Moliterno Gunel treats this condition more than 98% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Radiation-Induced Meningioma
Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy

Dr. Moliterno Gunel performs Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy more than 97% of her peers

Dr. Moliterno Gunel performs this procedure more than 97% of her peers

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

96.7741935483871%

Dr. Moliterno Gunel?
Dr. Moliterno Gunel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD
Dr. Moliterno took my case immediately, and provided her devote attention every step of the way. Her and Anne Long (RN) were in constant contact, I could not think of a more supportive team to have going through a brain tumor resection. My surgery went flawlessly. Even post surgery, in the follow up phase, I know they are attainable whenever I have a question. You will not find a more competent, confident and KIND neurosurgeon than Dr. Moliterno. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Moliterno and team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno Gunel is one of the most outstanding medical professionals with whom my wife and I have had the privilege to work over the past fifty years. She is always honest, warm and compassionate during our appointments, always ready to answer any questions in person or via e-mail. She is also extremely helpful in helping us navigate the other parts of the Yale New Haven Healthcare system. I would recommend her without hesitation to friends and other patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
This amazing doctor, through her skill as given my wife an addition 8 months of quality life to share with my family and myself. Diagnosed with Glioblastoma my wife was understandably terrified, Dr.in just a few minutes was able to to give my wife confidence that there was hope for quality time. Now 8 months of super care by the Smilow team and here we are, still with a big grin on my wife's face because of the skill and honest consultation Dr. Moliterno gave my wife. Bravo Dr. you are special!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno Gunel is just an all around amazing physician. I had to have a meningioma removed suddenly and Dr. Moliterno Gunel was with me every step of the way. She has amazing bedside manner, is brilliant, a great listener and made sure I understood everything throughout the process. We could never thank Dr. Moliterno Gunel and Nurse Anne and the rest of the staff enough for the amazing care we received while in the hospital and following surgery. I recommend her to everyone for neurosurger.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
She is amazing!!!! She changed my left 2 surgeries later and she took on my case and did an amazing job. She brought me back to my family a healthier man. Thank you ! I would recommend her to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
We are grateful beyond belief! Words can not explain how we feel about Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD. It wasn’t just the successful surgery she performed, it was how she interacted with us, how she provide such leadership amongst her team and the confidence and hope she gave us. She is truly an incredible person. We even moved 3,000 miles to stay close to her and her team during this time.
Just the absolute best. Nurse Anne exceptional also
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I was sent to Dr. Moliterno with a Solitary Fibrous Brain Tumor. I got to her on a Wednesday at approximately 1PM, she said she would move her schedule around so that she could operate on me Friday. Her and Anne are by far the best team I have experienced. I would send anyone who needs brain surgery to Dr. Moliterno. To me she is the best brain surgeon. Do not hesitate to see her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno was fantastic. She was skilled and kind and took care of my father and my family as if we were her own. I feel very fortunate that she was the surgeon who took care of my dad. She is a real star!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr Moliterno, Anne and the rest of the staff are amazing! Being a mother and having a child go through brain surgery -nervous, stressed, scared, anxious were some of my better characteristics at the time. They felt it and knew it and handled me and my son perfectly. Thank you. Professional, caring, loving, smart, informative, Dr Moliterno is an Excellent neurosurgeon ! <3 <3 We highly refer and recommend Dr Moliterno!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I truly love what Dr. Moliterno can do! Excellent Doctor... Not to mention her staff is always there to help
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno Gunel is just an all around amazing physician. My husband had to have a meningioma removed suddenly and Dr. Moliterno Gunel was with us every step of the way. She has amazing bedside manner, is brilliant, a great listener and made sure we understood everything throughout the process. We could never thank Dr. Moliterno Gunel enough for the amazing care we received while in the hospital and following surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
Dr. Moliterno Gunel saved my life! She made it possible to go home & be with my 4 sons, my husband, and the rest of my family. In fact I did so well I was home 3 days after my surgery (I had a very large meningioma removed) I had lost use of my right side which came back right after surgery! Her warmth & compassion are unmatched! Best Neurosurgeon hands down & I trust Dr. Moliterno with my life. And not to mention she also has an amazing team! I can't thank her enough; she is just amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I was diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma in 2014. By 2016, the tumor had grown and become dangerous. I consulted with another neuro surgeon and was not comfortable with the outcomes I was given. After researching Yale New Haven, I found Dr. Moliterno. I like to refer to her as "Wonder Woman". She was compassionate, patient, confident but not condescending. My surgery and follow up with Dr Moliterno has been completely successful. Going to Doctor M. for this surgery was the best decision I made!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
An event that could have potentially turned into a traumatic experience ultimately became one of the most positive experiences of my life --thanks entirely to Dr. Moliterno Gunel. Her competence and professionalism, along with her warm personality, place her in a class all her own. A procedure I'd expected to be far more taxing was much less so under her brilliant and discerning leadership. The best part? She was always readily available. If I'd to do it again, I'd go to none other.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
My experience with Dr. Moliterno was radically different from my experiences with my local doctors. I was misdiagnosed, sent from the emergency room in terrible pain and accused of being a drug addict at 73 years old. Dr. Moliterno not only diagnosed the problem of a brain tumor, but treated me as if I were family. Her kindness, compassion, and understanding was excelled only by her brilliance as a surgeon. None of the complications associated with the difficult surgery was manifested.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
She was contentious, kind and had great bedside manner w my mother who was 79 at the time of surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
After the discovery of a very large and abnormal brain tumor, a nuerologist from my local ER put me in contact with Dr. Moliterno Gunel. Within a week I had an appointment with her for a consult and by the following week I was scheduled for brain surgery. Dr. Moliterno Gunel was very professional, taking the time to answer all of our questions and making sure we understood what was happening. She is very personable and caring doctor. I knew she had my best interest at heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
I met Dr. Moliterno two years ago when my mother was diagnosed with meningioma. Her professionalism and warm welcoming made us build trust and feel comfortable with her treatment. The surgery was very successful, and the doctor visited my mother many times while we were in the hospital. Every time we come for recall visits, Dr. Moliterno is always happy to see us and highly cares about the improvement on my mother's health. She loves what she does and is highly skilled in her profession.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Moliterno Gunel, MD?
She is the most caring phenomenal Dr that I have ever had. She explained everything fully, called me and emailed me when issues arose or just to check on me. She answered my emails even on Xmas.I waited 6 months between surgeries while she was out on maternity! She is that good! I TRUSTED HER TO CUT INTO MY BRAIN TWICE!! If you want the best, she is your Dr.!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Moliterno Gunel?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Moliterno Gunel treats patients.

Compare Providers