Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Female · Age 57

Dr. Lim

University Illinois Hosp ENT

1905 W Taylor St Ste L120 Chicago, IL 60612

Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 33 years. She graduated from Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine in 1986 and specializes in ophthalmology and vitreoretinal disease & surgery.

Dr. Lim accepts

Dr. Lim accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
HealthPartners
Kaiser PHCS Network PPO
Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Lim's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Destruction of Lesion of Retina and Choroid
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoblastoma
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Strabismus
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Ulcer
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lim

Dr. Lim?
Dr. Lim's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD
Dr. Lim was absolutely amazing my dad was legally blind in 2008 and was told there was nothing they could do for him we took him to see Dr. Jennifer Lim and she treated him with amazing and precise care my dad to this day at 81 years old is still driving and working and able to see with glasses to take someone who is considered blind and correct the issues so he can see and drive there’s no words of gratitude for what she has done for my dad so thank you Dr. Jennifer Lim for knowing everything you do about eyes ?? ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
After several unsatisfactory visits with another Opthomologist, I was referred to Dr Lim. I immediately experienced a completely different level of care. The time and research Dr Lim and her staff put into diagnosing my rare disease are humbling. Dr Lim possess such a high level of concern and caring for her patients. Her quality of care is unrivaled.
Wonderful physician!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
While I had a vitrectomy scheduled in early January to correct a macular pucker, I wasn’t entirely comfortable with the surgeon I had initially selected. Thanks to extensive research and positive reviews, it was easy to see that one of the best surgeons in the field in Chicago is Dr. Lim. Her education, research, teaching experience, board appointments, leadership positions and noted specialties made the choice easy. I reached out to Dr. Lim’s office and was able to explain the background of my condition, surgery plans and my reservations to her office manager, and with coordination with Dr. Lim, I was able to schedule an appointment and subsequent surgery within two weeks of my original scheduled surgery. I’ve never experienced such professionalism, compassion for my situation and a reasonable solution as I did with Dr. Lim’s office. The surgery was a success, and I couldn’t be more happy with the results and follow-up care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
A few years ago I suffered a blunt trauma injury to one of my eyes. This resulted in several surgeries. Doctor Lim saved my eye. Her outstanding capability, intelligence, compassion and genuine concern for all her patients and staff members is very evident. Having spent over fifty years as a nurse and a health care administrator I unequivocally can state that she is one of the most impressive surgeons and educators in her field. Nora O’Malley PhD, LFACHE
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
IT WAS NICE AND CALMING, AND REASSURANING, SHE WAS AMAZING.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
I was so nervous and afraid of what to expect, but everyone in the clinic was so helpful and friendly. Dr. Lim was definitely amazing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
Dr. Lim is an incredible doctor. She was recommended by a friend that was a patient. Dr. Lim is highly professional, caring and understanding. She determined I had a rare retinal issue. I am forever thankful. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. I highly recommend Dr. Lim.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
Dr. Lim is fantastic. I have gone to various ophthalmologists over the years, some highly recommended, but Dr. Lim's thoroughness, concern for my health, and sheer energy stand out above all others. I "found" her through Chicago Magazine's Top Doctors issues, rather than through a referral. Not only is she an expert, but she took the time to explain in detail what my situation is. I am definitely changing to her practice for ongoing care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
Dr. Lim is very professional and patient. She talks with and educates her patients in a courteous manner. I've been more than confident having her as my retinologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
Dr. Lim and her staff are expert in their work, kind, and willing to answer any questions. She offers valuable advice about taking care of one's eyes and is always patient with me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
Dr. Lim is an AMAZING Doctor who always goes above and beyond the call with her patients (and treats her patients as if they are family members)! Dr. Lim treats my elderly Mother with the utmost in Care, Compassion, Patience and Professionalism! Dr. Lim has treated my Mother for several years with her vision challenges and I sincerely recommend Dr. Lim to everyone who has macular degeneration and/or retina challenges! I absolutely recommend Dr. Lim to all of my family members and friends!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
Dr. Lim is an excellent physician and is very transparent when explaining a patients condition. I found this physician 8 years ago and she changed my life for the better, giving me back my sight when another physician could not. She literally gave me back my life! And I am very grateful. She has a profound knowledge in the area of rentinology and a great sixth sense when it came to my condition. I will continue to see this doctor & have referred others to her. She is literally one of the "Best"
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Lim for a decade, due to retinal issues in both eyes. She and her UIC colleagues have saved me from going blind a couple of times. I have been going to UIC retina clinic for 20 years and have great confidence in their surgical skills and followup care. I sometimes wait longer than I would like, but the delay is understandable given the high quality of talent and experience, and knowing others are experiencing eye emergencies as I once did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
I was recommended by a friend. The best recommendation EVER! I have been seeing Dr. Lim for over 5 years. I consider choosing to see Dr. Lim one of the best decisions I have ever made for my eye health care. She is extremely knowledgeable, patient, friendly and includes me in the final treatment decisions. Her staff are skilled and compassionate. Her high quality health care is worth the additional distance I need to travel for office visits. Thank you Dr. Lim and staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
I was very pleased with Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD. She is highly professional and competent. I had good results from the two surgeries with her. I would like to thank her for improving my eyesight. I am able to do all of the things in my life that I had trouble with before, such as reading, doing computer work, driving, and maintaining a high quality of life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
Dr. Lim is a master of her profession.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
Very upfront. Felt comfortable with her immediately. Did great job in surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
I’ m so thankful I was referred to Dr. Lim. I received great care and awesome service! I was so impressed that she took her time explaining my diagnosis and answered all of my questions. She is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Lim, MD?
If you live in the Chicagoland area and need a retinal specialist, you will not find a better one. Dr. Lim has been my retinal surgeon since she came to the University of Illinois. She has done two eye surgeries on me. Results were excllent in both cases. She is clear in her explanations, extremely intelligent, and cares about her patients. She is highly respected professionally....every year, she selects two residents from the several hundred applying to work with her.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Lim?