Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO

Mohs Micrographic Surgery ·  Female

Dr. LaRusso

SunWise Family Dermatology & Surgery, LLC.

102 Sleepy Hollow Dr Ste 203 Middletown, DE 19709

Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO is a mohs micrographic surgery specialist in Middletown, DE and has been practicing for 18 years. She graduated from University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / New Jersey School Of Osteopathic Medicine in 2001 and specializes in mohs micrographic surgery, dermatopathology, and more.

Dr. LaRusso's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. LaRusso

4.5

Dr. LaRusso?
Dr. LaRusso's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO
I’m not referring her to any of my friends or family because she piseed me off, has no bedside manners and treated me like I didn’t understand anything she has said. I shared my concern that I was having pain in the area on my surgery and the spot was ozzing yellow.She went to how long it’s going to heal. I said mame this pissed her of and told me not to call her mame. That was disrespectful. In America this is respect. I said again told her I understood the healing process my issue is the the yellow weeping and had pai. She began working on my area without gloves and or washing her hands. She told me she washed them in the hallway, but she also touched the door to come in my room. She then started repeating the same issues she wanted to. When I let her know I understood the healing process, she said I am not talking to you. That I can leave if I wanted, I told her she started this mess and I’m not going anywhere. I may be old but not stupid and I do need my concerns addressed.
We are truly sorry you didn't have an optimal...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
Hands down, the best Mohs Surgeon in all of Delaware. Completely removed the Melanoma on my shoulder. After a couple of weeks I can barely see where she cut. Thank you for coming to Middletown.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
I’m new to the area and so glad I found Dr Jennifer LaRusso. She is such a good doctor, she takes her time explaining everything. I found her to be very thorough so kind and caring. So knowledgeable. Her staff could not do enough to make me comfortable. I have recommend her to my children she is that good. Simply the best !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
Very excellent at what she does! I definitely recommend her to others. Very knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
I am a patient of Sunwise Dermatology and all staff are wonderful from front desk staff to clinical staff and Dr. Larusso is wonderful. I have taken 2 of my children there as well, one for acne and the other for a mole on his chin which was removed with such precision that there is no scar. I will continue to go to Sunwise for all our Dermatology needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
I had skin cancer by my eye and it was a fairly large piece. I had about 2 1/2 inches of stitches after the surgery. After the stitches were taken out you could hardly see that I even had surgery. The best thing about Dr. LaRusso is she treats you like a family member. She is genuinely concerned with your overall skin care. I do landscaping for a living and she is on me about not wearing enough sunscreen. I would not choose any doctor over her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
Very compassionate, took the time and listened to my concerns at my visit. She made me feel like family from the first visit and now I have my friends and family following up with her. She completed my MOHs in January and my scar is almost invisable. Just an all around great Dermatologist and surgeon. Highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
Dr Larusso is a very respectful and caring physician. She listens to what is going on and goes through every treatment and options that are available. She is very trustworthy and she made me feel like an actual person not just the next person who is going to make her money! I recommend her and her entire practice Sunwise Dermatology.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
The MOT area (Middletown, De) hit a winner when you came to Delaware. I'm so grateful and I Thank you & your staff for not only making my experience a pleasant one, but for also taking your time,, & giving me the time to address all my concerns. I felt like I was family when I left there, & I'm looking forward to my follow up visit in a few months. If anyone is looking for a caring Dermatology office & a caring MOHS Surgeon, I would travel hours to come see you again, so thankful your so close
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
Wow, reading one of the previous reviews makes me wonder if we saw the same doctor! Dr. LaRusso was so meticulous when it came to my surgery I felt like she was performing it on a relative. She did everything she could to prevent scarring and was so nice and professional. Pay no attention to the hate, it smells fishy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
My son was seen by Dr. LaRusso recently in her new Middletown office. It was delightful to be greeted so personally and efficienciently by the front office staff. Only to get better with her direct medical team who took us back to gather the concerns I had for my 2 year old. Dr. LaRusso spent a good deal of time with us answering every crazy first time mommy questions I had about his delicate skin. This experience could not have gone better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
I visited this individual in June of 2015. I only just found this site, which is why my review is late. She is incredibly rude, condescending and absolutely unhelpful. I came to her because I have contact dermatitis (contact allergies) and after asking for help, she asked me why I was wasting her time. She kept telling me I was "dark" and that's all it was. She's just a terrible human being. She spent about 3 minutes with me, and then left. Don't waste your time or money going to this jerk.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
Recently had the Moh's surgery. Very satisfied with the care, concern, and quality of care. As close to a Marcus Welby type experience as once can get in today's Medical arena. It was wonderful to be treated like a person and not a factory experience. Surgery scar looks great. Dr. LaRusso takes time to consider the best outcome. Could not be happier with my experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?
I highly recommend Dr. Larusso to my friends and family. She is very professional, warm, and answers all my questions in detail. She makes me feel like I am her most important patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer LaRusso, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. LaRusso?

SunWise is genuinely committed to building a partnership with each and every patient; providing you and your family with the same quality of care that we would our own.

• Mohs Micrographic Surgery
  • Dermatology
  • Dermatopathology

• Dermatology
  • Family Practice

Fellowship Clinical Pharmacology, Department Of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics At Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pa
Fellowship In Mohs Micrographic Surgery, American College Of Mohs Surgery, West Des Moines, Ia
Residency In Dermatology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pa
Residency In Family Medicine, Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training At Our Lady Of Lourdes Hospital, Camden, Nj
Internship In Family Medicine, Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training At Our Lady Of Lourdes Hospital, Camden, Nj
2001
2001

Dr. LaRusso accepts

(302) 364-2000

Dr. LaRusso accepts the following insurance:

Select
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
QualCare
QualCare HMO
QualCare PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Delaware

Check Dr. LaRusso's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Acne Surgery
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Telogen Effluvium
  • Tinea Versicolor
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

SunWise Family Dermatology & Surgery, LLC.

• Sat: closed