Dr. Jennifer Dismukes, DO

Dr. Dismukes
Telehealth services available

Bright Futures Psychiatry

88 Orchard Rd Ste 2-6 Skillman, NJ 08558

Dr. Jennifer Dismukes, DO is a Adult Psychiatry Specialist in Skillman, NJ. She is affiliated with Princeton Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dismukes to book an appointment.

Compare with other Adult Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Dismukes with our nearby Adult Psychiatry Specialists at Hackensack Meridian Health Bayshore Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Hackensack Meridian Health Bayshore Medical Center today at (732) 201-3872.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Hackensack Meridian Health Bayshore Medical Center.

Dr. Dismukes' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dismukes

2.3

Dr. Dismukes

Jennifer Dismukes is by far the worst medical professional I have ever encountered and she should not have a license period. Extremely unprofessional, and ethically disgusting how she treated me as a patient. She claimed to be on leave out of the blue and stopped communicating with me after just putting me on a new medication. I was experiencing bad effects from the medication and had no way to reach her or let her know what was going on. She then had her unlicensed secretary filling all her patients scripts. I am honestly shocked she is still in practice. Its crazy to me that there are any 5 star reviews for Jennifer Dismukes. Writing this review for anyone who is trying to find a decent psychiatrist, because Jennifer Dismukes is not one.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Dismukes, DO?
Dr. Dismukes has been instrumental in helping my family. She is very compassionate, takes time to listen and works closely with her patients. Being double board certified is a bonus as she can help ensure both medical/mental are taken into account. If another specialist is required, she will recommend.
Colleen McLafferty – Nov 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Dismukes, DO?
Dr. Dismukes and the staff at bright futures have been so helpful from the start. I have full confidence in her abilities to treat me and my families mental health and physical well being!! My previous doctor did not show any empathy or genuine concern like Dr.D does. I recommend her to anyone seeking professional help.
May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Dismukes, DO?
I've been seeing Dr Dismukis for couple years now. I hated every other psychiatrist I every went to throughout my life. Been to a handful, they don't want to listen. They are just quick to prescribe SSRI's and whatever new drug their drug rep is paying them to push. Without hearing me as to what works for me. So I would never go back. Dr Dismukis did listen with care. Did not look down or think that she's better than me like those other Dr's did. She and her staff are very caring, and understanding. I trust her and have tried a few things she suggested. Most did not work but I'm now on a regiment that seems to work. Especially during this crazy time with the virus. And in reading some of the bad reviews its people that dont understand how things work and just want to complain. I highly recommend.
Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Dismukes, DO?
I started seeing her about a year ago...3 months ago I was told she was on leave... yet was getting my scripts filled by secretary. We were all told she would be back Jan 1st.. I called for another appt and was told to find another dr. She is extremely unprofessional in how she runs her practice.
Jan 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Dismukes, DO?
The office manager does an outstanding job of making sure that everything is done. I never have to ask for anything. Thanks to everyone!
May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Dismukes, DO?
I called three times in June and July trying to make an appointment to see the doctor. I also contacted them via EMAIL and on a doctor appointment website. NOBODY contacted me back. I have insurance and I would think a doctor in the mental health business would be a little more sympathetic to returning patients phone calls.
Summit, NJ – Sep 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Dismukes, DO?
I went to Doctor Dismukes and I liked her and she prescribed me new medication without refills because I would be back soon for follow up. My appointment was canceled, no problem, however I was unable to get in touch with her office manager to get a new appointment or for refills. After pleading with her that I couldn't go through a withdraw because I have kids and a job they still never responded to me. I'm blown away that a doctor would allow a patient to go through withdraws.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Hillsborough, NJ – May 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Dismukes, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Dismukes?
Provider explaining information to patient