Dr. Jennifer Dharamsi, MD

Dermatology | Female

Dr. Jennifer Dharamsi, MD
Early Life & Education Dr. Jenny Dharamsi (née Warner) grew up in the small South Texas town of Beeville. During her high school years, she played basketball, ran cross country, sang soprano in the All-State Choir, and regularly performed the National Anthem at hometown football games. After graduating as valedictorian, Jenny moved to Nashville to attend Vanderbilt University, where she double majored in Molecular & Cell Biology and Spanish Literature. She graduated suma cum laude from Vandy in 2003 as a Finalist for the Founder's Medal, awarded to the top graduate in the College of Arts and Science. Next, she headed to Baltimore to attend Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, where she served as a class officer and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Society for being among the top in her class. Prior to graduating from Hopkins in 2008, she completed a yearlong research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, where she studied the molecular basis of skin cancer. After completing her internship at Georgetown University in the Washington, D.C. area, Jenny returned home to Texas for her dermatology residency at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas. After serving as Chief Resident her senior year, she graduated from residency and received her certification from the American Board of Dermatology in the summer of 2012. Medical Practice From 2012 through 2014, Dr. Dharamsi practiced dermatology in Denton and Frisco, where she has become well-known for her warm bedside manner and strong clinical acumen. Though she thoroughly enjoyed her practice in these communities and developed many strong relationships there, she made the bittersweet decision to embark on a new career path in 2015. Dr. D now practices dermatology in Lewisville and Addison. She plans to spend the upcoming few years enjoying her two young children while working part-time at these locations. In addition to her work in private practice, Dr. Dharamsi dedicates her time to serving our nation's veterans as a dermatologist and cancer surgeon at the Dallas and Bonham Veterans Affairs Hospitals. She also has a passion for teaching, which she satisfies through serving as an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Texas Southwestern. There, she is involved in resident education in the Department of Dermatology as well as the Department of Emergency Medicine, and she has been nominated multiple times by her residents for the Community Teaching Award. She also volunteers as a dermatologist at the Agape Clinic and as a remote dermatology consultant for ongoing medical missions in Bihar, India. Dr. Dharamsi has a strong academic background and has published numerous research articles, including in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, JAMA Dermatology, British Journal of Dermatology, and Journal of Emergency Medicine. She is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons, the Texas Medical Association, the Texas Dermatologic Society, and the Dallas Dermatologic Society. Clinical Skills and Interests Dr. Dharamsi enjoys seeing patients of all ages and walks of life with a variety of skin care needs. She is fluent in Spanish and enjoys putting her language skills to use in the clinic. Her scope of practice and expertise includes: -Skin cancer screening (full body mole checks), prevention, diagnosis, and surgical treatment -Management of common skin conditions, including acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, warts, birthmarks, hives, hair loss, and many others -Diagnosing and treating complex skin conditions, including connective tissue diseases, vulvar dermatoses, drug rashes, and other diagnostic challenges -Improving overall skin health and appearance through a variety of cosmetic treatments, including the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles with lasers and injectables such as Botox and dermal fillers, improving complexion concerns with chemical peels and cosmeceutical products, treatment of small-caliber varicose veins with sclerotherapy, and cosmetic mole removal Personal Life When not practicing dermatology, Jenny enjoys kickboxing, cardio weightlifting, yoga, singing, playing the piano, volunteering with Frisco Women's League, staying involved with her local church (Gateway), and spending time with her family. She is married to her college sweetheart, Dr. Farid Dharamsi, an emergency medicine physician who practices in McKinney and Frisco. She has a 3-year old daughter and a 1-year old son and resides in Frisco, Texas.

Dr. Dharamsi's Care Philosophy

"The first thing you should know about me is that I am a "people person" to the core. Growing up, I was inspired to go into medicine by my small town family physician, loving the idea of being able to really get to know members of my community and to provide a service to them that made a real impact. I have been told that I have a very down-to-earth and warm personality, and I try to treat my patients like I would members of my own family. One thing that I think may set me apart from other physicians is my love of teaching and my strong emphasis on patient education. Many have told me that I'm good at explaining medical complexities in a simple and demystifying way, which helps patients feel more empowered and more likely to follow my recommendations. By getting us all on the same page, my patients and I are able to proceed with their treatment plan in a team-wise approach, which usually leads to great results. I am a true "general" dermatologist and enjoy practicing all aspects of my specialty. I love taking care of routine and common skin concerns and performing procedures, and I also welcome the challenge of caring for patients with complex medical conditions. When it comes to cosmetic treatments, I am definitely of the "less-is-more" mindset. My goal is to help my patients look and feel refreshed and healthy by enhancing their own natural features—not turning them into someone else—with the use of skin care, chemical peels, lasers, and/or injectables. The results of my conservative approach are often subtle, but very significant. I believe in helping people age gracefully and tastefully-- women and men alike--, and it is such a pleasure to see what a positive and meaningful impact I am able to make on people's lives through these safe and simple techniques. The bottom line is that I love my job, I love my patients, and I feel grateful to get to live out my life's calling through my practice."

Dr. Dharamsi's Experience

See how Dr. Dharamsi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dharamsi

Dr. Dharamsi accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Dharamsi is now accepting new patients

Dr. Dharamsi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dharamsi to family and friends
based on 15 total reviews
Dr. Dharamsi's Performance
Have you seen Dr. Jennifer Dharamsi, MD?
Are you Dr. Dharamsi?

Compare Dr. Dharamsi

Dr. Dharamsi says...

Early Life & Education

Dr. Jenny Dharamsi (née Warner) grew up in the small South Texas town of Beeville.  During her high school years, she played basketball, ran cross country, sang soprano in the All-State Choir, and regularly performed the National Anthem at hometown football games.   After graduating as valedictorian, Jenny moved to Nashville to attend Vanderbilt University, where she double majored in Molecular & Cell Biology and Spanish Literature.  She graduated suma cum laude from Vandy in 2003 as a Finalist for the Founder's Medal, awarded to the top graduate in the College of Arts and Science.  Next, she headed to Baltimore to attend Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, where she served as a class officer and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Society for being among the top in her class.  Prior to graduating from Hopkins in 2008, she completed a yearlong research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, where she studied the molecular basis of skin cancer.

After completing her internship at Georgetown University in the Washington, D.C. area, Jenny returned home to Texas for her dermatology residency at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas.   After serving as Chief Resident her senior year, she graduated from residency and received her certification from the American Board of Dermatology in the summer of 2012.

Medical Practice

From 2012 through 2014, Dr. Dharamsi practiced dermatology in Denton and Frisco, where she has become well-known for her warm bedside manner and strong clinical acumen.  Though she thoroughly enjoyed her practice in these communities and developed many strong relationships there, she made the bittersweet decision to embark on a new career path in 2015.  Dr. D now practices dermatology in Lewisville and Addison.  She plans to spend the upcoming few years enjoying her two young children while working part-time at these locations.

In addition to her work in private practice, Dr. Dharamsi dedicates her time to serving our nation's veterans as a dermatologist and cancer surgeon at the Dallas and Bonham Veterans Affairs Hospitals.  She also has a passion for teaching, which she satisfies through serving as an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Texas Southwestern.  There, she is involved in resident education in the Department of Dermatology as well as the Department of Emergency Medicine, and she has been nominated multiple times by her residents for the Community Teaching Award.  She also volunteers as a dermatologist at the Agape Clinic and as a remote dermatology consultant for ongoing medical missions in Bihar, India.

Dr. Dharamsi has a strong academic background and has published numerous research articles, including in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, JAMA Dermatology, British Journal of Dermatology, and Journal of Emergency Medicine.  She is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society of Dermatologic Surgeons, the Texas Medical Association, the Texas Dermatologic Society, and the Dallas Dermatologic Society.

Clinical Skills and Interests

Dr. Dharamsi enjoys seeing patients of all ages and walks of life with a variety of skin care needs.  She is fluent in Spanish and enjoys putting her language skills to use in the clinic.  Her scope of practice and expertise includes:

Personal Life

When not practicing dermatology, Jenny enjoys kickboxing, cardio weightlifting, yoga, singing, playing the piano, volunteering with Frisco Women's League, staying involved with her local church (Gateway), and spending time with her family.  She is married to her college sweetheart, Dr. Farid Dharamsi, an emergency medicine physician who practices in McKinney and Frisco.  She has a 3-year old daughter and a 1-year old son and resides in Frisco, Texas.

Dr. Dharamsi's Care Philosophy

"The first thing you should know about me is that I am a "people person" to the core.  Growing up, I was inspired to go into medicine by my small town family physician, loving the idea of being able to really get to know members of my community and to provide a service to them that made a real impact.  I have been told that I have a very down-to-earth and warm personality, and I try to treat my patients like I would members of my own family.

One thing that I think may set me apart from other physicians is my love of teaching and my strong emphasis on patient education.  Many have told me that I'm good at explaining medical complexities in a simple and demystifying way, which helps patients feel more empowered and more likely to follow my recommendations.   By getting us all on the same page, my patients and I are able to proceed with their treatment plan in a team-wise approach, which usually leads to great results.  I am a true "general" dermatologist and enjoy practicing all aspects of my specialty.  I love taking care of routine and common skin concerns and performing procedures, and I also welcome the challenge of caring for patients with complex medical conditions.

When it comes to cosmetic treatments, I am definitely of the "less-is-more" mindset.   My goal is to help my patients look and feel refreshed and healthy by enhancing their own natural features—not turning them into someone else—with the use of skin care, chemical peels, lasers, and/or injectables.  The results of my conservative approach are often subtle, but very significant.  I believe in helping people age gracefully and tastefully-- women and men alike--, and it is such a pleasure to see what a positive and meaningful impact I am able to make on people's lives through these safe and simple techniques.

Dr. Dharamsi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Dharamsi has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dharamsi's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lupus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

National Institutes Of Health Clinical Center

Completed in 2007

Vanderbilt University

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Dharamsi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dharamsi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology