Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD

Practices Psychiatry

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 40 reviews.
Author:
My visit with Dr Jennifer Beckman was excellent and very professional as expected. I've been seeing Dr Beckman sense 2011 and for me to stay with a doctor that long is amazing in itself. So that should say to anyone reading this that if you become a patient of Dr Beckman then plan on getting the absolute best possible professional help available! Thank God for professionals like Dr Beckman.
Author:
I've been seeing Dr. Beckman for 3+ years now, even after I moved to New York. I've admittedly looked for other psychiatrists closer to home, but none have come close to the quality of care and attention to detail that Dr. Beckman provides - so much so that I make the flight down to Atlanta solely for appointments with her. Unlike many other psychiatrists (and I've been through many) Dr. Beckman takes the time to hear what I have to say, discuss my symptoms, treatment, possible options in detail and is confined to the typical 15-minute med-check like so many other psychs. As somebody with rare attributes and comorbidity of disorders I really appreciate the time she takes to really seek to find the right treatment. Dr. Beckman comes across extremely passionate about psychiatry and knowledgeable of her subject through sharing new research studies that may be applicable to my treatment and she also tries to learn from the patient as well. They don't teach you everything in med school.
Author:
Dr Beckman is a world class psychiatrist and her professionalism is unparalleled. By far Dr Beckman is the most liked and knowledgeable doctor in my vast experience.
Author:
Well the question is how was my experience. The question I need answered is am I still her patient? Now I can honestly say up until last month I thought everything was great. Now I'm so confused and hurt at what's happened I am honestly a little nervous and scared not knowing If I should seek out another psychiatrist.
Author:
She is the absolute best - listens, cares, and finds effective solutions. I drive over two hours to see her. My life has changed because of Dr. Beckman!
Author:
Dr. Beckman is one of the most professional and thorough Doctors I have ever been treated by. Her approach is patient, empathetic, challenging and holistic in terms of making sure she's aware of what else is going on in your physical being. Careful not to overlook the ABC's and jump to an(other) Rx. I had to wait quite a while before she was taking new patients. When it comes to her type of care, in my opinion WELL worth the wait.
Author:
Dr Beckman is excellent! She spends the time to address problems with your medicine, I’ve never had such a caring professional.
Author:
Dr. Beckman saved my life on three different occasions. I first came to her in the worst shape of my life literally hanging on by a thread. Unlike every psychiatrist I've ever met, Dr. Beckman's priority and passion is to listen, understand, and then collaborate with her patients. She always finds a way to spend the time needed to make sure I'm ok (much longer than my insurance pays for!). Dr. Beckman is the real deal, Folks. Big Picture thinker, brilliant mind, and the heart of a mother.
Author:
Dr. Beckman is an excellent doctor who always takes the time to listen to your concerns and thoughts as a patient. Dr. Beckman thoroughly goes over everything with you and is never in a rush to get you out of her office. She is a very thoughtful and caring doctor.
Author:
Prior to becoming a regular patient with Dr. Beckman, it was hard finding a Psychiatrist I felt confident in. They were typically quick to diagnose, and quick to perscibe meds before getting to know me. She took quality time with me and her knowledge was very impressive. That has made all the difference in my trust of her opinion for all my mental health needs over the years. Because of this, I look forward to my visits and would feel confident referring her to others.
Author:
Dr. Beckman is the kindest and most genuinely caring psychiatrist I have worked with and I have seen several over a number of years. She is such a fantastic doctor that I drive two hours for my appointment because I have complete faith in her decisions and concern for my condition. I never feel rushed. She takes as much time as I need. Which is why I followed her from her former practice. She will be my one and only psychiatrist!!!!!!
Author:
Doctor Beckman is a highly professional psychiatrist. She is not only a good listener who is willing to spend necessary time to understand patient feedback on the effectiveness of medications, but also a doctor who pay attention to the most recent drug development so that to adjust prescriptions accordingly. She is really helpful to me.
Author:
Dr. Beckman is great! She always spends adequate time learning how things are really going....she asks GREAT questions that reveal she knows her patient personally. She listens and responds accordingly. She is so talented at explaining how the brain and medications work in a way we understand and her reasoning for the recommendations she makes. Dr. Beckman is also very knowledgeable about supplements and alternatives to prescription medications. We appreciate her wisdom thoroughness!
Author:
I have been diagnosed with numerous physical and psychiatric conditions and have seen many doctors over the years. I have never worked with a doctor like Dr. Beckman before. She not only listens, she also hears you. She seems very knowledgeable and explains everything in an easy to understand manner. She is never in a rush, is always easy to talk to, and I always leave her office with increased hope for a better tomorrow. She has a neat & clean office and staff are always pleasant and courteous.
Author:
Highly knowledgeable, intelligent, and organized. Very professional and yet every bit as pleaseant in conversation. Willing to litsten to PT’s input/ideas regarding Course of treatment. Absolutely 100% has PT’s best interest in mind at all times. You’d be hard pressed to find a provider easier to discuss your problems with... Truetworthy.
Author:
I have never has a doctor work as hard to understand not only what medicines will work best for me but to look at my particular stressors and triggers when making recommendations.
Author:
I’ve been seeing Dr. Beckman for about 2 years now and she’s made such a difference in my life and has helped me with emotional tools to meet some of the challenges that had been overwhelming me for sometime. She is undoubtedly one of the warmest individuals I’ve ever met and extremely caring and understanding. I hit the lotto the day I first met her. She is a fabulous doctor and I’m so grateful to have her as my doctor. Could not ask for a better therapist.
Author:
Dr. Beckman has a wonderful client/patient demeanor - and she LISTENS! She lets you explain what you feel is really going on, and never dismisses or discounts your thoughts, feelings, or experience - true or imagined. She does NOT simply diagnose and treat you, she engages you in your treatment process and helps you develop a plan to move forward. Once that plan is in place, she is willing to revisit it as often as necessary to maximize your wellbeing. Five Stars.
Author:
I have been under Dr. Beckman's care for some time. I like that she spends time with me. If I'm depressed, she engages with me in conversation. I highly recommend Dr. Beckman.
Author:
I love Dr Beckman. She really takes time and listens. I have no doubt that I’m alive today in part due to her care and compassion. Thank you, I’m a new person!
Author:
Completely unprofessional staff. tried to make an appointment until the women on the phone wanted me to disclose my medical issue. Then she proceeds to tell me that if i dont tell her the issue then i can not make an appointment. i finally tell her and she tells me that Dr. Beckman is not seeing new patience.
Author:
Dr. Beckman takes her time with you. There's absolutely no rushing or feeling like just a number. She listens, remembers, takes good notes and genuinely cares about you and what is best for you. She also considers cost of medicine; helps with coupons and suggestions to reduce cost. Dr. Beckman shares her email and is prompt in returning mail.
Author:
Multiple appointments skipped by the doctor due to the office staff being incompetent in scheduling, even though both the doctor and office staff are aware that I drive an hour and a half one way for appointments. No care or regard for patients, and no accountability in the entire practice.
Author:
Sometimes runs late, but for good reason. She spends time with her patients, listens to what they say, and helps them solve problems. The office staff is attentive and helpful, and the overall experience of having her as a psychiatrist is excellent. After seeing four other doctors before her, I feel fortunate to have her caring for my daughter.
Author:
Dr. Beckman changed my life. I was at a point of feeling so down and unmotivated and just overall unhappy for so long i kind of thought there was no getting better. I made an appt with her to see if maybe seeing a new dr would give me a new perspective and i couldnt be more glad that i did. She is attentive, kind, and knowledgable and from the start made me feel comfortable talking to her. I think this job was made for her and im so lucky to have found her!!!
Author:
She actually listens and cares about her patients! Always available and willing to help whenever or wherever she can! I refuse to go to any other Psychiatrist because she's the perfect fit for me and I would highly recommend her to anyone I know! Absolutely love her!
Author:
Dr. Beckman is by the far the best doctor I have ever met in this area. We have gone through several doctors for the past 4 years for my husband and found Dr. Beckman a couple of months ago. She goes above and beyond to support in whatever way she can. She communicates with me also which is great. I would highly recommend Dr. Beckman to anyone I care about.
Author:
DrBeckman was very helpful. I really appreciate her taking the time to see me.
Author:
The best psychiatrist I've seen. Saw me for the first time on very short notice. Extremely personable and helpful. She listened to my concerns and goals for medications and found a solution that works for me and my situation. Highly recommend!
Author:
Dr. Beckman greeted me with a pleasant smile making me feel comfortable and calm. She was on time, non-judgemental and gave me ample time to express my concerns and discuss my symptoms. This was my first visit to a psychiatrist and she was professional, thorough and and asked insightful questions that helped me make an informed decision. She gave me information on the latest research and was mindful on my goals for the future. She is 81 miles from my home and I will continue to make that trip!
Author:
Dr. Beckman is amazing! She is very knowledgable in her field. Always patient and understanding. So grateful we found her, she has been treating our son for a few months now and we couldn't be happier with her care.
Author:
The most professional psychiatrist I have ever seen. She takes weight and blood pressure at every visit. She is terrific non judgmental listener. She gives articles to you about conditions you may have... I cannot say enough good things to describe what a positive experience I have had with Dr Beckman. She is top rated and highly recommended!
Author:
Besides the fact that she is no longer practicing at the Marietta location, and I will not be seeing her any longer as Johns Creek is too far, I would certainly recommend Dr. Beckman. I've been seeing therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists, on and off, since I was in my early teens. My expectations are extremely high, and she is easy to talk to, caring without seeming condescending, and very knowledgeable about medicine and mental illnesses. One con: wait time is often high.
Author:
This practice is horrible. The Dr. is nice enough but she was over 35 minutes late for the first appointment. Overall, I feel like the level of care this doctor and practice takes in deal with teens they prescribe medications to should be a lot higher. Then the doctor moved her practice to another location and the staff had the audacity to try and charge for another new patient appointment when they switched me to another doctor. I took my business elsewhere.
Author:
She was 50 minutes late for my first appointment and was rude and disrespectful. Never going back
Author:
Dr Beckman is an excellent provider. She moved out of my area and I have spent 2 years trying to locate her. She not only listens, but she educates you in ways that help with the things you are dealing with.
Author:
She is fantastic! She really cares about the overall well-being of all of her patients. She listens so well and genuinely wants to understand.