Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 44

Psychiatry

Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Winston Salem, NC and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med in 2007. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD

Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist

1 S Hawthorne Rd Winston Salem, NC 27157

Compare with other Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Beckman with our nearby Psychiatry Specialists at Novant Health Clemmons Medical Center.

These providers are on the medical staff of Novant Health Clemmons Medical Center.

Dr. Beckman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Beckman

4.4

Dr. Beckman is a top notch Psychiatrist. She takes time to get to know you. She allocated a lot of time with me. Sometimes, I would feel depressed, overwhelmed and my anxiety would be very high. A lot of traumatic experiences (MST) in my life especially during my military service. Dr. Beckman listened to me describing my background. I'm happy she was there for me. I miss her terribly. She is no longer working in this position. I cannot seem to find another Psychiatrist like her. I like the person who I'm seeing now, but it's not a long appt., unfortunately.
Veteran Vic – Feb 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
My visit with Dr Jennifer Beckman was excellent and very professional as expected. I've been seeing Dr Beckman sense 2011 and for me to stay with a doctor that long is amazing in itself. So that should say to anyone reading this that if you become a patient of Dr Beckman then plan on getting the absolute best possible professional help available! Thank God for professionals like Dr Beckman.
May 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Beckman for 3+ years now, even after I moved to New York. I've admittedly looked for other psychiatrists closer to home, but none have come close to the quality of care and attention to detail that Dr. Beckman provides - so much so that I make the flight down to Atlanta solely for appointments with her. Unlike many other psychiatrists (and I've been through many) Dr. Beckman takes the time to hear what I have to say, discuss my symptoms, treatment, possible options in detail and is confined to the typical 15-minute med-check like so many other psychs. As somebody with rare attributes and comorbidity of disorders I really appreciate the time she takes to really seek to find the right treatment. Dr. Beckman comes across extremely passionate about psychiatry and knowledgeable of her subject through sharing new research studies that may be applicable to my treatment and she also tries to learn from the patient as well. They don't teach you everything in med school.
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Dr Beckman is a world class psychiatrist and her professionalism is unparalleled. By far Dr Beckman is the most liked and knowledgeable doctor in my vast experience.
Apr 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Well the question is how was my experience. The question I need answered is am I still her patient? Now I can honestly say up until last month I thought everything was great. Now I'm so confused and hurt at what's happened I am honestly a little nervous and scared not knowing If I should seek out another psychiatrist.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Kevin in Carrollton, GA – Mar 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
She is the absolute best - listens, cares, and finds effective solutions. I drive over two hours to see her. My life has changed because of Dr. Beckman!
Grace in Greenville , SC – Mar 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Dr. Beckman is one of the most professional and thorough Doctors I have ever been treated by. Her approach is patient, empathetic, challenging and holistic in terms of making sure she's aware of what else is going on in your physical being. Careful not to overlook the ABC's and jump to an(other) Rx. I had to wait quite a while before she was taking new patients. When it comes to her type of care, in my opinion WELL worth the wait.
Brad in Johns Creek, GA – Feb 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Dr Beckman is excellent! She spends the time to address problems with your medicine, I’ve never had such a caring professional.
Feb 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Dr. Beckman saved my life on three different occasions. I first came to her in the worst shape of my life literally hanging on by a thread. Unlike every psychiatrist I've ever met, Dr. Beckman's priority and passion is to listen, understand, and then collaborate with her patients. She always finds a way to spend the time needed to make sure I'm ok (much longer than my insurance pays for!). Dr. Beckman is the real deal, Folks. Big Picture thinker, brilliant mind, and the heart of a mother.
Bill Greenfield in Alpharetta, GA – Feb 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Dr. Beckman is an excellent doctor who always takes the time to listen to your concerns and thoughts as a patient. Dr. Beckman thoroughly goes over everything with you and is never in a rush to get you out of her office. She is a very thoughtful and caring doctor.
Alisha in Ellijay, GA – Feb 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Prior to becoming a regular patient with Dr. Beckman, it was hard finding a Psychiatrist I felt confident in. They were typically quick to diagnose, and quick to perscibe meds before getting to know me. She took quality time with me and her knowledge was very impressive. That has made all the difference in my trust of her opinion for all my mental health needs over the years. Because of this, I look forward to my visits and would feel confident referring her to others.
Sharon Russo in Cuming, GA – Jan 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Dr. Beckman is the kindest and most genuinely caring psychiatrist I have worked with and I have seen several over a number of years. She is such a fantastic doctor that I drive two hours for my appointment because I have complete faith in her decisions and concern for my condition. I never feel rushed. She takes as much time as I need. Which is why I followed her from her former practice. She will be my one and only psychiatrist!!!!!!
Kirsten Mallore in Bremen, GA – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Doctor Beckman is a highly professional psychiatrist. She is not only a good listener who is willing to spend necessary time to understand patient feedback on the effectiveness of medications, but also a doctor who pay attention to the most recent drug development so that to adjust prescriptions accordingly. She is really helpful to me.
Shawn in DULUTH, GA – Jan 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Dr. Beckman is great! She always spends adequate time learning how things are really going....she asks GREAT questions that reveal she knows her patient personally. She listens and responds accordingly. She is so talented at explaining how the brain and medications work in a way we understand and her reasoning for the recommendations she makes. Dr. Beckman is also very knowledgeable about supplements and alternatives to prescription medications. We appreciate her wisdom thoroughness!
Johns Creek, GA – Jan 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
I have been diagnosed with numerous physical and psychiatric conditions and have seen many doctors over the years. I have never worked with a doctor like Dr. Beckman before. She not only listens, she also hears you. She seems very knowledgeable and explains everything in an easy to understand manner. She is never in a rush, is always easy to talk to, and I always leave her office with increased hope for a better tomorrow. She has a neat & clean office and staff are always pleasant and courteous.
Mike in Acworth, GA – May 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Highly knowledgeable, intelligent, and organized. Very professional and yet every bit as pleaseant in conversation. Willing to litsten to PT’s input/ideas regarding Course of treatment. Absolutely 100% has PT’s best interest in mind at all times. You’d be hard pressed to find a provider easier to discuss your problems with... Truetworthy.
Wesley Brookman in John’s Creek, GA – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
I have never has a doctor work as hard to understand not only what medicines will work best for me but to look at my particular stressors and triggers when making recommendations.
Craig in Alpharetta, GA – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
I’ve been seeing Dr. Beckman for about 2 years now and she’s made such a difference in my life and has helped me with emotional tools to meet some of the challenges that had been overwhelming me for sometime. She is undoubtedly one of the warmest individuals I’ve ever met and extremely caring and understanding. I hit the lotto the day I first met her. She is a fabulous doctor and I’m so grateful to have her as my doctor. Could not ask for a better therapist.
Georgia – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
Dr. Beckman has a wonderful client/patient demeanor - and she LISTENS! She lets you explain what you feel is really going on, and never dismisses or discounts your thoughts, feelings, or experience - true or imagined. She does NOT simply diagnose and treat you, she engages you in your treatment process and helps you develop a plan to move forward. Once that plan is in place, she is willing to revisit it as often as necessary to maximize your wellbeing. Five Stars.
Virginia in Georgia – May 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?
I love Dr Beckman. She really takes time and listens. I have no doubt that I’m alive today in part due to her care and compassion. Thank you, I’m a new person!
Kevin Frisby in Johns Creek, GA – Feb 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jennifer Beckman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Beckman?