Dr. Jeffrey Van Inwegen, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Van Inwegen, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Jeffrey Van Inwegen, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Ramsey, NJ. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Read his story

284 N Franklin Tpke

Ramsey, NJ 07446

• EmblemHealth
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Van Inwegen

See how frequently Dr. Van Inwegen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Stye
Dry Eyes
high
Glaucoma
high

Dr. Van Inwegen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Van Inwegen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Van Inwegen "Dr. Van" was born and raised in Allendale, and graduated Northern Highlands Regional High School in 1983. He joined the practice of Associated Ophthalmologists on East Main Street in Ramsey in 1996, and has practiced there for nineteen years. In 2004, the practice name was changed to New Jersey regional Eye Care, and recently in July of 2015, the practice relocated to our state-of-the-art facility at 284 North Franklin Turnpike in Ramsey. Dr. Van is honored to be serving his hometown community for so many years. Dr. Van Inwegen's specialty is vision corrective surgery. Particularly, his expertise is in Cataract extraction surgery with vision corrective lens implants. The evolution of this field had grown rapidly in the recent years, and Dr. Van's training is second to none. Using the very latest technology, combined with his surgical skills, Dr. Van will help you to gain improved vision and freedom from wearing glasses. Newer lens implant innovation will correct distance, astigmatism, and reading vision, with minimal need for glasses use. In addition, Dr. Van also specializes in the latest laser vision correction procedures (LASIK), including all laser (bladeless) techniques. These surgical procedures help our patients to achieve excellent vision without the aid of glasses or contact lenses.

This content was provided by Dr. Van Inwegen "The goal of New Jersey Regional Eye Care, P.A. is to offer modern eye care in a very pleasant atmosphere. We foster the old-fashioned doctor-patient relationship. We strive to inform and educate our patients, so that when they leave our office, they fully understand their conditions and treatments. We offer a full spectrum of services, from routine eye exams, glasses and contact lenses, to the treatment of all medical eye conditions and surgical procedures. Your vision is our priority!"

• Ophthalmology

• Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Lehigh University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1987
  • University Med and Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Hackensack University Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Van Inwegen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Van Inwegen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Van Inwegen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Van Inwegen to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Van Inwegen's Performance
in Warwick, NY |
Have been going to Dr. Van Inwegen for over 15 years . He has removed the cataracts from my both of my parents , my in-laws and my husband. I have cataracts as well and when it's time for them to be removed , he's the one I'll have do the surgery. I've had major eye problems my entire life with only one good eye. Needless to say I take who I go to for eye care very seriously. I Can't say enough about his knowledge and professionalism. His staff is unfailing nice and easy to deal with.
A total disaster from beginning to end. The surgery was done in a factory environment and caused a mistake in the procedure that created the need for several additional surgical procedures.
in Ramsey, NJ |
Everyone in this office was efficient and so kind.
in Mahwah, NJ |
After two cataract surgeries as well as laser surgery I can recommend Dr.Van Inwegen very highly. His staff has been excellent,attentive and professional as well. Dr. Van Inwegen has great 'bedside manner' and is very skilled.
in Allendale, NJ |
A truly outstanding experience. I was concerned about poor vision, and terrified of having surgery. Dr Van and his staff put my mind at ease and helped me through the process easily. The cataract surgery changed my life - I can drive at night again, read easily, and rarely if ever do I wear glasses. Dr Van was so professional, and I will forever be grateful. Thank you to all his great staff!
in Ramsey, NJ |
Cataract surgery was a failure! Vision in my left eye is totally blurry, and I cannot drive at night due to the haze created. I see a mess of color, and cannot find my lane. I consider this a total failure and would never recommend anyone here. I paid extra, out of pocket, for special lenses,that seem to turn out to be not so special. I am so angry! I am repeatedly told by his associates that this will clear up. When? It has been more than two years!!!
in Wayne, NJ |
Outstanding physician and staff. Very professional, polite and a wonderful surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Van Inwegen, MD?
Are you Dr. Van Inwegen?