Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Jeffrey Vakil, MD
Jeffrey J. Vakil, M.D. is a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in primary and revision knee and hip replacement and reconstruction. Dr. Vakil is a graduate of Jefferson Medical College and completed his Orthopaedic residency at Drexel University School of Medicine. He then completed his Joint Reconstruction fellowship at Johns Hopkins University.

510 Township Line Rd

Blue Bell, PA 19422

Dr. Jeffrey Vakil, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Vakil

Dr. Vakil's Experience

Dr. Vakil's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Hip Replacement Revision
  • Knee Replacement
  • Prosthetic
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Franklin & Marshall College
  • Drexel University College of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Johns Hopkins University / School of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Vakil has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vakil does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vakil and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vakil's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vakil to family and friends
Dr. Vakil's Performance
in philadelphia, pa |
Dr Vakil explained in detail just what to expect and how my total left hip replacement operation would go and what to expect afterwards.
in Jenkintown, PA |
Dr. Vakil is a wonderful doctor and his personality is superior. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs hip surgery.
in Chalfont, PA |
Dr. Vakil is a very skilled surgeon and a wonderful, kind and attentive doctor. I had my right hip replaced using the anterior hip procedure and I am so thrilled with the results - no more limping! My surgery was a tricky one, not your usual total hip replacement due to a previous surgery that just didn't heal correctly for me. Dr. Vakil was very clear in explaining the entire procedure and how things should progress. He is the BEST, so don't hesitate to make any appointment with him!
in abington, pa |
I found Dr. Vakil to have excellent "bed-side" manner and was very easy to talk to about my issues. He did not appear rushed at any time, was very friendly and open to any and all of my questions and concerns. I had anterior hip joint replacement and felt very comfortable and confident in his skills. My leg pain was gone as soon as I got out of surgery and I have had an excellent recovery.
Lansdale, PA |
Look no further for hip joint replacement including state-of-the-art less-invasive frontal "anterior"! Very experienced, skilled, caring, motivated for health with a positive, optimistic, upbeat attitude matching his success rate, young in 2103 "to be there for you for decades," I saw Dr. Vakil at Willow Grove; Chalfont OrthopediCare; he and team beautifully performed the surgery at the stellar prototype Ortho Unit of the Abington-Lansdale Hospital; & I see he's now listed at pro sport Rothman.
in North Wales, PA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Vakil's since 2012. During that time period, I had both knees and both hips replaced. Dr. Vakil always took a conservative approach in dealing with my problems as each joint gave me trouble. He made sure that I understood and agreed with each phase of treatment as time went on. The final decision was always left up to me. I am pain free and very pleased. I would recommend Dr. Vakil to anyone who is having trouble with hip or knee pain.
in cheltenham, pa |
Wonderful person who treats each patient as an individual. Dr. Vakil was attentive to everything I asked about, and did a terrific job on the knee replacement. He was very informative pre- and post-surgery.
Pine Grove, PA |
I've had rheumatoid arthritis all my adult life. my left hip was bone on bone for decades. My rheumatologist recommended the Rothman Institute. After reading reviews on several Rothman surgeons I decided to see Dr. Jeffery Vakil. He is very confident and has real passion for his profession. After six weeks I'm walking miles pain free without a limp. I would highly recommend Dr. Vakil to anyone who needs hip surgery. Thank you again Dr. Vakil for giving my life back.
Warminster, PA |
Dr. Vakil was very thorough in his explanation of bi-lateral total knee replacement surgery. He made sure I knew what I was getting into. He did an excellent job! I am 7 weeks out and have so far experienced no complications or problems.
in huntingdon valley, pa |
Dr. Vakil is a great communicator. He speaks in unambiguous terms to his patients. I'm not medically qualified to evaluate his surgical skills. But I am very satisfied with my particular outcome. I would not hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.
in Jamison, Pa |
I came to see Dr. Vakil after an MRI revealed I was bone on bone in my right hip and a total hip replacement was recommended. Being an avid tennis player and playing sports my whole life, this news was devastating to me. Dr. Vakil took the time to explain every facet of the surgery from pre and post op. I left his office feeling hopeful that he would help relieve the insufferable pain I was in. I had the surgery 11 weeks ago and feel fantastic!
hatfield, pa |
Doctor Vakil has a pleasant, reassuring manner and shows great respect and care for me as his patient. The knee replacement surgery was completely successful, with the incision healing rapidly and with no complications. It has been a year since the surgery and my mobility has been fully restored. I was walking with only a cane after about a month. I still use the cane, but I am also 94 years old and use it for balance rather than to support my knee. Overall I am highly satisfied.
in blue Bell |
Awesome experience! Dr. Vakil spent a lot of time explaining everything in detail regarding total hip replacement surgery. He is an expert using the anterior approach and my incision is much smaller than I anticipated. Currently, I’m 6 weeks postop & feeling great. He is a wonderfully talented surgeon, caring and cheerful..one of the nicest docs I have ever met. I will need my opposite hip replaced & it’s comforting to know that I will have the best surgeon for my future surgery!Thanks, Dr V! A+
in Glenside, PA |
My first visit with Dr. Vakil I saw a very personable man. After he walked me thru what needed to be done before and after my hip surgery I knew right then he was the surgeon to do the job. With each visit my husband and I could see he has a real passion for his profession. Therefore, you not only get a great surgeon you also get great care. I will one day need my other hip replaced and Dr. Vakil will be called upon again. Thank you Dr. Vakil!
in Warminster, PA |
Dr Vakil has done a hip replacement and a knee replacement for me and he has my complete trust. He is kind, patient and gives me any and all information I need to make a good decision regarding surgery. I have recommended him to all my friends. The most recent knee replacement went exactly as he described. He also gives his patients encouragement as they go thru any procedure and also in the aftermath of surgery. I have heard NO unkind words about him or his surgery talents.
in Fort Washington, PA |
If you follow the rules, hip replacement is amazing in how quickly the effective recovery progresses to allow most daily functions to resume. Dr. Vakil was always conservative (but very informative!) in his estimates on how things would go at all stages of the process. He always let me know about all my options, from the first time I saw him about my options (PT, shots, other pain mgmt, surgery) to my most recent 8ish-weeks post-surgery follow-up visit. You know he cares about you as a person.
in philadelphia, pa |
My experience with Dr. Jeffery Vakil can only be described as excellent. I could not have asked for a more skilled, caring and positive surgeon. He truly cares about his patients. I would recommend Dr. Vakil to anyone and everyone.
in Wyncote, Pa |
Dr. Vakil did an outstanding job explaining the details of everything entailed in having hip replacement surgery: pre-surgery requirements, the hospital stay, surgery details, and post-op care. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I am 7 weeks post-surgery and am walking 6 miles a day with no pain! Everything went exactly as he explained and I have my life back.
in Southampton PA |
Dr. Vakil successfully replaced my right hip 3 years ago and I am extremely pleased with the results. I am a very active 66 year old and had no problem returning to all of my activities.
FORT WASHINGTON |
Dr. Vakil is very honest about what is going to happen with your operation. He has more post surgical checkups than most Orthopedic surgeons. He cares about his patients and wants to see how they are recovering. My Knee surgery went well and I have no pain walking anymore. As all knee surgeries, it is quite a bit of therapy and time to come back.
in Jenkintown, PA |
Dr. Vakil took a very measured approach in leading up to my hip replacement. At all times, he made it clear what the alternatives were and where I fit along the spectrum. As an active person, he wanted to ensure that I got the most out of my existing joint before going the surgery route - all while monitoring my pain level. I had my surgery at the Abington Spine and Joint Center and was out of the hospital in less than 2 days. Dr. Vakil has a very easy going manner and a very upbeat personality.
in elkins park, pa |
I had bilateral knee replacement and I have my quality of life back thanks to Dr. Vakil.
in Horsham, PA |
Dr. Vakil was extremely professional and "over the moon" friendly. His bedside manner was incredible. He was thorough with his explanation of what was going to happen when he operated to give me a total right knee replacement, from the first appointment in his office to the pre-op appts, to the day of surgery, until today, the three month post-op appt. His office was immediately responsive to my phone calls in the 1st week. I would highly recommend Dr. Vakil for any of your orthopedic needs.
Maryland |
Dr. Vakil is an excellent orthopedic surgeon. He is also kind and patient. I highly recommend him.
in Gwynedd |
we liked him immediately when we met him. He had great feeling for his patient and obviously is a great doctor. We would go to him for anything and his patient is 87!
in North Wales, PA |
I needed a total hip replacement and went to see several other doctors before Dr Vakil. I did my research and determined that the anterior approach was the best way to go. His experience was drastically superior to anyone else I spoke with (over 700 procedures). In fact, he had just completed 3 of them the day before I met with him! He also has a great personality, speaks candidly and answers all your questions. I'm 12 weeks post and my new hip is better than it ever was! He gets an A+++++
in Doylestown, PA |
If you are an athlete or a wanna be athlete, Dr. J. is the guy to see when it comes to knee replacement. His approach is to get you back ASAP to what you love doing best.
in Telford, PA |
Couldn't have asked for better! I was so nervous about getting knee done and he took his time with me, explained as much as I could handle, and waited til I was ready to say it was time. I had complete confidence that he always had my best interest at the center of everything. Afterwards, I thought what did I wait for. If I need the next one done or a hip, he is the only one I would go to.
Willow Grove, PA |
Dr. Vakil is always upbeat and welcoming. He is a true professional but with a caring attitude!!! My surgeries went very well and he explained everything clearly.
in North Wales PA |
Very friendly. Operation went perfect. I have complete confidence in him.
in Hatfield, pa |
I would recommend Dr. Vakil if you need a new hip. In my office visits, He was friendly and outgoing but also honest with his recommendations for my hip. On surgery day, He came to my room and explained exactly what he would do. After surgery, he came to my to check on my progress. After six weeks, my hip is doing great and pain free. He did exactly what he said he would do. He'll be doing my other hip in the near future. Need a new hip? He's your guy.
Dr. Vakil is an outstanding orthopedic surgeon who performed bilateral knee replacements on me in January 2017. Three months later, my knees feel great and I am ready to go back to work! He is a highly skilled surgeon and a very kind hearted man, which is important to me. After meeting with him twice, I trusted him to perform the surgery. He was very honest about what to do expect from the recovery. I am very grateful to him!
in Glenside, PA |
My experience with Dr. Vakil has been very positive. He is attentive, listens well and did a good job of diagnosing my problem. He explained the options available to address my condition and answered all of my questions. He did an excellent job with both of my surgeries and has provided clear guidance on what I need to do during rehab. Thanks for all your help.
warminster, pa |
Dr Vakil was very helpful, very knowledgeable, and very considerate so overall, he did an excellent job with my surgery and recovery aspects.
in New Hope PA |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Vakil. He was responsive and caring throughout the hip replacement process.
in philadelphia, pa |
I cannot say enough about Dr. Vakil. He is absolutely fantastic. He is personnel from the first day that you meet him. He is a Doctor who really really cares about his patients from the first day you meet him. I would recommend Dr. Vakil to anyone who wants a hip operation. I call him my ANGEL.
in Lansdale, PA |
Simply the best. I was in terrible pain from 9/16 and operated on 2/17. Explained things thoroughly to me and my family pre op and has been nothing but wonderful post op. Personable, professional, caring...these are only some of the words I can use. Also,and this is important, cautious. He wants me to get back to "normal" but under his guide lines. I can't say enough about Dr. Vakil.
in Warrington |
No question, I would recommend him. He did both of my hips, recovery was fast. All pain I once had is gone. Dr. Vakil makes you comfortable through the whole process. Dr. Guy Lee recommended him to me. Both doctors DR. Vakil , and Dr. Lee, are top notch. take my word for it.
in Warminster, Pa |
Dr. Vakil was TERRIFIC! He did an outstanding job on my 89 yr old mother's femur after she fell and broke it. He recommended additional healing time rather than another surgery, which turned out to be the best solution. Mom is now walking again, the leg has healed, and she is extremely happy with the outcome. His patient (bedside) manner was terrific. He listened to her and reassured her at every visit. I'm not sure there are any better docs out there. Thanks again.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Vakil takes his time with explanations; always asks what questions I have & answers everyone. I honestly think he is the nicest doctor I've ever had!
in jamison, pa |
In December 2015, Dr. Vakil replaced my 65-year-old, severely arthritic right hip. And just as he had promised, within 6 weeks I was walking pain-free and without any trace of a limp. I appreciated his skill as a surgeon, of course, but I also liked his invariably cheery personality. So when the time came for my left hip to be replaced this year, Dr. Vakil was my first -- and ONLY -- choice. And now, after another quick 6 weeks of therapy -- I have TWO perfect hips!
in ambler, pa |
Very personable and easy to talk to. Had both hips replaced, left in September and right in January. Pleased with results, no pain anymore.
in philadelphia, pa |
Dr. Vakil was fantastic, i had a bad experience with another Rothman doctor who did a hip fracture repair that didn't heal correctly. Once Dr. Vakil took over and did the replacement I feel like a new woman. I can walk and get around. Soon I will be just like the old me only better. Thank you Dr. Vakil. I will definitely recommend him to anyone i know who may need a hip.
Ambler, PA |
Dr. Vakil replaced my right hip 6 weeks ago. I am doing great. No cane. Going up and down stairs. He has a great bedside manner and the surgery went perfectly. I would highly recommend him. He is very personable.
in abington, pa |
I am extremely pleased with the results of the bilateral Total Knee Replacement that was performed by Dr. Vakil and the Rothman Institute in collaboration with Abington Hospital. I have openly relayed to my family, friends and co-workers how effective, professional and caring this Team was. The Rothman Team was very willing to answer all of my questions about surgery and recovery. Due to this my anxiety was significantly lessened approaching surgery. Dr. Vakil’s nurse Taylor McElwee wa
in Jamison, PA |
Dr. Vakil was great to work with. From the first consultation to my 1 year follow up, he was always ready to discuss my treatment plan and very positive. He answered my questions and his energy was a great motivator on the path to recovery. My surgery went smoothly and I knew exactly what to expect going in and following the procedure.
in Willow Grove, Pa |
I would highly recommend Dr. Vakil to anyone experiencing hip problems. He is very "patient with his patients". Everything he forecasted with my hip was accurate. He was there post surgery and took the time to comfort my wife at that time also.
in wyncote, pa |
I found Dr Vakil to be very knowledgeable in his field. I was informed of each and every step that was to be taken as well as the possible risk. The confidence in which he spoke of the details of the procedure assured me that he was the right choice. He also has a great bedside manner.
Souderton PA |
I had an excellent experience with having my hip replacement. Dr. Vakil was very good about explanations of the process. I have great results.
Willow Grove, PA |
Dr Vakil is very professional surgeon .He is always upbeat & personalble..My major complaint has been wait time.I don't know if its his staff or what.Most of the time I waited from 45 mins to 1 hour,except for last visit I was in right on time. I'm at the 12th week post op & seem to be doing well. I do consider Dr Vakil to be very skillfull surgeon & therefore would recommend him for hips or knees.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Vakil, MD?

See our Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedic Specialist at Abington Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Vakil

Dr. Vakil accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Vakil has admitting privileges