Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Sarasota, FL. Dr. Silverstein has more experience with Hip & Pelvic Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota and Lakewood Ranch Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Silverstein to book an appointment.

Office Hours

Tue

Wed

Thu

5 pm
Connect with a call center representative 24/7 to request an appointment.

360 Orthopedics

360 Orthopedics2750 Bahia Vista St Ste 100 Sarasota, FL 34239
    • Sat: closed

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Silverstein is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota Sarasota, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for orthopedic surgery.

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Doctors Hospital of Sarasota

Dr. Silverstein's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Silverstein

Dr. Silverstein?
  • Office environment (76)
  • Staff friendliness (76)
  • Appointment scheduling (75)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
  • Appointment was rushed (5)
Needed total hip replacement on both sides and was referred to Dr. Silverstein. Feb 23rd was the first procedure and Mar 30 had the 2nd procedure. Life changing for me. After nearly 5 years of progressing pain, finally found an Ortho I trusted. Had an infection in my joint after an injection with previous Ortho and needed to find someone else. There were only two on my list for an anterior procedure and I chose the right guy! The new King of hip surgery in the Sarasota/Venice area. The staff were fantastic. From Jenna the scheduler to Tia, Clay and the rest of the PA's and nurse's. Awesome group. Thank you all so much. I don't think they realize how impactful they are for improving the quality of life for the people they help!
E. Goodwin – Apr 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Dr Silverstein performed my complete left knee replacement Dec 15, 2020. I am 3.5 months p be ost op and am so pleased! My pain is gone, I can sleep without pain and walk without pain and able to exercise and loosing some weight now that I can move and feel good! He has a great bedside manner and explains everything very well. His office staff is highly professional too!
Becky L O – Apr 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Very pleasant Dr..Needs not to tell a Patient that in six week you will not even realize that you had a total hip replacement. Far from that
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Was not a good visit. He spent in total about 5 minutes with me seemed like he was disinterested and late for a golf game. In addition they were supposed to get back to me regarding whether my insurance would cover either of two options I have heard nothing in two weeks. In contrast my surgery by another provider was approved by insurance in two days.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Dr Silverstein just replaced my right hip. I am three weeks out from surgery and doing great. No pain What a gentleman and a great staff. Simply the best.
Bill Bishop – Feb 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
I feel fortunate to have had Dr. Silverstein as my surgeon for the repair of my right humerus fracture. He proved to be professional and top-notch as were the rest of the team in the OR. I could not be more please. He visited me in the hospital post-surgery and also answered my many questions at my post-op visits to his office. His staff is courteous, enthusiastic and kind. Everyone is impressed with the minimal scar from the surgery. Terrific job!
Nancy K. – Jan 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Dr. Silverstein performed a total right hip replacement on me in May, 2019 and a total left hip replacement in December, 2020. Prior to my second surgery, my mobility was extremely limited due to disabling pain in my arthritic left hip. Though only a few weeks post-surgical, I'm walking again for the first time in many months! I have great confidence in Dr. Silvertein's surgical skill and highly recommend him. He literally changed the quality of my life for the better twice! I found the office staff to be compassionate, caring and professional. I am a grateful patient!
Sharon Lavallee – Jan 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Dr. Silverstein replaced my left hip in June 2020 and my right hip in September 2020. I am 61 yrs old and a Breast cancer survivor. My entire experience with Dr. Silverstein and his entire staff has been TREMENDOUS!! I'm so grateful to Dr. Silverstein for the ability to walk normally again with zero pain and zero complications!! I can't thank you enough Dr.! I'm back to biking, walking and swimming and all my normal activities!! Plus your entire staff was kind and cheerful at every visit and procedure, thanks all!!
CAROL M SCHUMACHER – Oct 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Dr Silverstein replaced my left hip three weeks ago. I am already walking several miles a day without a cane, riding a stationary bike and lifting weights. He used the anterior approach and I went home the same day. He has great interpersonal skills, spoke with me openly and honestly about the condition of my hip, the surgical approach and rehab. The 360 team has been outstanding in every respect.
Donald Stewart – Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Very knowlegable and to the point, which I appreciate.
Gloria J Kloss – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
On July 15, 2020 Dr. Silverstein performed a partial knee replacement on my right knee at Dr.'s Hospital. Previously I had a cortisone shot that lasted 6 months the next shot didn't really take. So I made the decision to have the surgery. Dr. Silverstein is very thorough and informative. I knew what was happening and going to happen every step of the way. Surgery went well, after surgery I had an RN and PT that came to my home a few times a week. I healed beautifully and here it is Sept. 8th and I finished 3 rounds of golf over Labor Day Week End! By the way, my scar is so faint you can hardly see it. Everyone I met in the Dr.'s office was polite and helpful. I would highly recommend Dr. Silverstein and his staff. Cheryl Gibbons 9/8/20
Cheryl Gibbons – Sep 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Our experience was not good at all. The doctor repeatedly said “at your age” leaving us feeling discounted and disrespected. The doctor made a brief examination and concluded “at your age” it’s always arthritis. We asked for a MRI to ensure no internal damage and he was again dismissive. He offered to drain the fluid buildup and inject cortisone saying it may work for weeks, months or a year. He didn’t offer my 86 year old mother any assistance getting onto the examination table, telling me I could help her. Only when on his way out the door hearing me say I don’t know how to get you up there did he return to assist. He must not have reviewed her meds because when he was surprised to find blood in her fluid he asked if she was on blood thinners. He may have been interested in seeing her Alzheimer’s meds. His plan for her was do what ever feels good. Thanks for nothing. Do not go to this doctor if you’re “at your age.”
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Marylou Ugo – Sep 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
I chose Dr. Silverstein to perform my anterior right hip replacement . I knew he was a good surgeon since he just performed a total right knee replacement on my boyfriend!. The doctor and the staff at 360 Orthopedics are all top notch. Pleasant and easy to deal with. I highly recommend for hip or knee replacements Dr. Silverstein and his awesome staff.
Candace Graham – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Dr. Silverstein did a very complex removal of hip resurfacing with multiple areas of bursitis; fluid retention and old prosthesis failure....very complicated case....outcome great. (we had no idea what outcome might be but went in with optimism!) EQUAL leg length, intact musculature, patient demonstrated reduction of all buttox distention and swelling... problematic areas cleaned out with a best-case scenario! No case too difficult for him! He runs practice with perfect planning...set up pre-care needs; home-care; aided in getting old records; set up PT all in perfect sequence. Our initial consult directly with Dr. Silverstein....not an entourage of NP and PA's screening before seeing him. He clearly explains all that needs to be done. Kudos.....recommended emphatically!
Alan and Karen Pariser – Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
After getting several series of shots over the past couple of years, with Dr. Silverstein, I finally decided to have a partial knee replacement. I am so pleased I did it. Surgery was on May 13, 2020, and with all the coordinated care, I was back to my golf game in less than 6 weeks. Dr. Silverstein and his team were great throughout the entire process (shots, surgery, and followup). I would highly recommend him. I will also give kudos to the in-house nurses and PT I had immediately after surgery, as well as to 360 Orthopedics Physical Therapists I worked with on an outpatient basis.
Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Recently had anterior hip replacement. I am ecstatic with the results. I was walking with a cane in less than two weeks and without a cane in less than three weeks. I never had surgery before and never expected how quickly I would be walking without any assistance. Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein’s staff was fantastic. I would highly recommend Dr. Silverstein if you need hip replacement surgery.
Timothy Coxson – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
I received a right total knee replacement from Dr. Silverstein May 13 2020. I was back on my feet in 3 weeks, no cane or walker. I am extremely pleased with Dr. Silverstein and his staff. From the girls in the office who I meet on my first appointment to the last in-home PT session everything was outstanding. I'm so happy with Dr. Silverstein I will be having my left knee replaced soon. Thank you Dr. Silverstein
Michael Higgins – Jun 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
Dr. Silverstein‘s professionalism & talent provided a highly effective outcome. He and his staff have been very accommodating and supportive from operation to follow up visits. Anyone needing orthopedic surgery would do well selecting Dr. Silverstein.
Anthony – Jun 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
After a sudden injury Dr Silverstein quickly arranged for my left knee replacement. Having no time to prepare or understand what I was in for, Dr Silverstein arranged for superior care following what is considered a very difficult procedure. When mentioning my TKR in discussions the response is "Wow, you have a Silverstein knee!". My Silverstein knee gives me no problems now and is back to normal, maybe better! Sometimes I feel like it's a little bit of a 'Bionic' knee! Dr Silverstein is smart, efficient and delivers the care necessary for a successful resolution.
Linda Dickson – May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?
7 weeks after full bilateral knee replacement surgery, I'm riding my bike and practicing softball. I'm 79 years old and eager to play tournaments again.
William Brotherton – Apr 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Silverstein, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Silverstein?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Silverstein

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Silverstein treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Silverstein treats other conditions, please contact the office at (941) 951-2663.

Hip & Pelvic Surgery

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.Compare with other Hip & Pelvic Surgery specialists.

Dr. Silverstein is experienced in the area of Hip & Pelvic Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 12 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Dr. Silverstein
Similar Providers
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
Hip Replacement

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Silverstein accepts

Dr. Silverstein accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Better Health of Florida
Medicaid
Medicare Advantage HMO
Preferred PPO
AARP Medicare Complete Choice PPO

Dr. Silverstein focuses on improving the quality of life for his patients in a compassionate and comprehensive manner. He believes that it is important...Read more

Dr. Silverstein specializes in the operative and non-operative treatments for patients with arthritis and fractures of the hip and knee joints. He has...Read more

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics