Dr. Jeffrey Shiff, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

Dr. Jeffrey Shiff, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Shiff, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Bethpage, NY. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Shiff is affiliated with Saint Joseph Hospital.

Dr. Shiff's Experience

See how Dr. Shiff's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shiff

Dr. Shiff accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Shiff is not currently accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shiff has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shiff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shiff to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Shiff's Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
Hicksville, NY |
I started going to South Shore when Darlene was working there. She was amazing. Unfortunately, when she left everything went downhill. Dr. Shiff is a nightmare. He had me come back for a needle biopsy twice when it wasn't even needed. He said the answer to my health issues was I needed to lose weight and exercise. He also mentioned I may get diabetes. Anyone with hypothyroidism knows weight management is difficult. He has horrible bedside manner. Thankfully, I found a better doctor.
East Elmhurst, NY |
I was a patient for a long time and had to stop going because he was very cold and insensitive once I was identified as diabetic he wanted me to take metforman 3x a day and was very condescending. Now I have a caring doctor and doing very well.
I made an appointment for my mother I usually handle all her medical needs. This place is horrible the staff is horrible. The front desk receptionist is rude and condescending ! When I asked how many more people were ahead of my mom ( we had been there 1:45 min) she answered I don't know who they called. I'm here not back there ! Disgusting!! I then told the triage person the wait was horrible she replied "you tell him that, it has nothing to do with me" the doctor had no clue what was going on
in Massapequa Park, NY |
He made me feel like my appt was the LAST place he wanted to be. ICE COLD. Barely looked at me. Interrupted more than he listened. Extremely blase and disinterested. Never met a doctor like this. When I walked in, feeling SO hopeful that this doctor would be both compassionate and astute regarding the complexities of my case - and help me FEEL BETTER - I left with profound disappointment. The woman that ran my credit card was warmer.
in Bethpage, NY |
He instantly made me feel like it was the LAST place he wanted to be. Never looked at my records and started making a diagnosis. Interrupted constantly when I was talking. He was ice cold and very disinterested. Ive NEVER had a doc like this. I walked away bereft. Find another doc - because this one doesnt truly care. It flew in the face of every oath he took as a physician.
in Lindenhurst, NY |
Very Good Doctor & his staff!
Does not listen to patients
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Shiff, MD?
Are you Dr. Shiff?

Compare Dr. Shiff

Dr. Shiff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Shiff has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shiff's Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypopituitarism
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

SUNY UPSTATE MED UNIV

Graduated in 1986

Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital

Dr. Shiff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shiff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism