Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD

Rheumatology ·  Male · Age 62

Dr. Scheib

Blount Memorial Physicians Group

266 Joule St Alcoa, TN 37701

Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Alcoa, TN and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from University Of Toledo College Of Medicine in 1982 and specializes in rheumatology.

Dr. Scheib accepts

Dr. Scheib accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Scheib's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Scheib treats Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Scheib treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Discoid Lupus Erythematosus
  • Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
  • Tumidus Lupus Erythematosus

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Amyloidosis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthropathy Associated With Reiters Disease
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fever
  • Goodpasture's Disease
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis

3.9

Dr. Scheib?
Dr. Scheib's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD
I was sent to see Dr. Scheib because I could not I could not raise my arms above my shoulders. I could not hardly walk without help. Since I started seeing him I can live a normal life style. I find him to be a loving and caring Dr. He has really been a blessing to me. He also has a loving and caring nursing staff. I have no problem getting in touch with him and he nursing staff always return my call. A Great Dr. (Leonard Brewster Sweetwater Tennessee:-P
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
He has been my wifes docotor for over 10 years. We went to several before him and he has been the one to get her symptoms under control and keep them under control. He will spend all the time to listen to you and explain to you everything you need to do and make sure that you understand completely. I seen that some gave him bad reviews. I don't understand how anyone could do that unless they were wanting strong meds. and got upset because he wouldn't which makes him a great doctor. NONE BETTER.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
I suggest you get a copy of his medical reports and read carefully. My First appt. With him was because of pain and swelling in my knee. He schefuled an MRI. After the MRI, at follow up visit he stated he could insert needle and remove fluid from my knee for testing, however since swelling had subside he was NOT sure there was enough fluid for testing. So I ask if it would be better to weight until there was more fluid retention. He stated on my medical record that I REFUSED his treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
I was sent to Dr. Scheib to see if I had Lupus or MS. I did not. He didn't just sent me on my way. I explained to him that something had to be wrong. He sat behind me and proceeded to exam my thyroid and he noticed a nodule. He sent me for a biopsy and it turned out to be cancer. It was an aggressive cancer and had already began to spread to my trachea and throat muscle. If it hadn't been for Dr. Scheib, my end result of being cancer free, might have been different.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
Dr.Scheib has been my doctor for many years. After previously being misdiagnosed he went above and beyond helping me by discovering the correct diagnosis and treatments. He has always been very patient with me and never made me feel rushed. His nurse always returns my calls in a timely manner. I trust Dr. Scheib in his decisions to my healthcare so much, I would have him as my primary care physician if possible. I highly recommend Dr. Scheib!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
This doctor lacks understanding and compassion. He asked my what medicine I wanted to take, so I basically did all the work. The nurse does not return calls, call in refills or preauthorizations timely. And if you do not show up 15 min before your appointment time you will not be seen, no matter what.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
Dr. Scheib has been my rheumatologist for nearly twenty years. He is very knowledgeable regarding his practice. He not only is just a doctor, he is someone who cares about his patients. I am truly blessed he is one of my many doctors. If anyone is looking for a great rheumatologist, Dr. Scheib is highly reccommended
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
Dr. Scheib was very helpful. He was very thorough, not like some doctors tell you want you want to hear and doesn’t do anything. He also explains things to where you can understand them and also answers any of your questions. I have referred him to several friends and colleagues as well. Also, your appointment is quick. I have never waited more than 10 minutes. Like today, I was 30 minutes early and walked right in.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
Very pleased that Dr. Sheib has been able to treat my rheumatoid arthritis to the point where it is totally controlled. He has respected my wish to take as little medication as possible. He orders regular blood work to check my levels and regularly schedules follow up appointments. He is direct and to the point while being compassionate and understanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
I continue to be impressed each visit since Dr. Scheib always is engaged with you to find out how you are doing and then if needed, makes suggestions to improve my overall health. Since I suffer from several auto-immune diseases, I appreciate his thoroughness in my treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
Dr. Scheib is an excellent doctor. I have fibromyalgia and spent years getting no where until I found him. He was quick with a treatment plan and getting my medicine just right. He is incredibly knowledgeable and genuinely cares. He is very thorough and always listens. His staff is always friendly and I never have to spend time in the waiting room. I will be a lifelong patient and will continue to refer him to anyone in need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
In Apr,'16 I had severe attack of Arthritis which was so bad I could not comb own hair, pour a cup of coffee, get out of a chair or into or out of bed without assistance. Family phys. refered me to Dr Scheib for specialized treatment. (I had previously had hand surgery for pain relief which was a waste.) Dr Scheib's professional, no nonsense approach to diagnosing the problems & formulating a treatment plan has proven to be "right on target". I've experienced a miracle; my body is now pain free
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
Dr. Scheib is very knowledgeable about ways to treat the pain in my hands. I am no longer limited in the use of my hands. I feel confident in having him take care of my needs. Thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
Saved my bacon by controlling my extreme gout condition which allows me to lead an active pain free life style. Honest and forthright in addressing your condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Scheib for years! There is never a long wait. The office staff is always friendly and helpful. Dr Scheib is a very knowledgeable physician who has helped me a tremendous amount with my arthritis symptoms!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
I'm very thankful for Dr. Scheib. I have recommended him to my husband, who will be seeing him soon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
Dr. Scheib is a wonderful rheumatologist. He has helped me with my arthritis for many years, and I have found him to be thorough, patient, and spot-on with the therapies that he has prescribed. Appointments with Dr. Scheib never feel rushed, and I have always felt very comfortable about asking questions or seeking clarification. I have never had to wait long, if at all, after arriving for an appointment which I very much appreciate. His nurse is truly exceptional as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
There is usually no wait and the nurse gets back to you quickly. However, I feel Dr. Scheib is not very helpful. If it weren't so difficult to get a new Rheumatologist in east TN I would do so. Why am I making all the phone calls to get meds approved and recommending what medicine I should take...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
I have PSA and Dr. Scheib has done a wonderful job helping me keep this under control. He seems to really care about the overall health of his clients not just his specialty. He is always timely in calling me back with test results. Very knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?
Dr. Scheib is a very smart physician. With the illnesses involved in rheumatology, it seems there are no straightforward treatments and very few cures. Even diagnosis is complex. Dr. Scheib is an excellent detective, never orders expensive tests when other avenues are available, and communicates closely with my Internist. I'm rarely kept waiting and the staff are terrific.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Scheib, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Scheib?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Scheib treats patients.