Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD

Dr. Satinover
Telehealth services available

Sterling Institute for Neuropsychiatry and Behavior Medicine

7 KENOSIA AVE Danbury, CT 06810

Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Danbury, CT. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Satinover to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Satinover's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Satinover's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)

Dr. Satinover treats Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain) more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Satinover treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Satinover treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

Dr. Satinover's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Satinover accepts

Dr. Satinover accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Satinover's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Satinover

3.2

Dr. Satinover?
  • Explained conditions well (29)
  • Listened & answered questions (29)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (29)
  • Appointment was rushed (12)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (12)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (12)
He prescribed for my teenager but then failed to support them after an adverse reaction to the dosage. Very disappointed and frustrated to be forced to find another provider in the midst of a struggle. I would never recommend him.
Apr 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
Dr. Satinover's bigoted anti-gay attitudes disqualify him from practicing with anyone. He is a disgrace to the mental health profession.
Jan 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
Jeffrey Satinover is a homophobic doctor who believes in outdated treatments like conversion therapy. These dangerous practices harm clients and have no place in medical treatment or society. A doctor without ethics and who allows their personal biases to harm others, is not a doctor you’ll want treating you or your loved ones. What biases will he hold towards you? Make an appointment to find out
Laura B. – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
Terrible pushes all kinds of medication on my wife does not listen and has a primary care giver for my wife which I signed the day we went in giving him permission to talk to me he rejected my request to explain how bad she has gotten and would not speak to me terrible when you have a spouse of 42 yrs and the Dr will not talk to you.
James jankowski – Oct 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
Dr. Satinover is great. The psychiatrists and therapists are absolutely wonderful. Denise, the office manager, has zero bedside manner. If you dare to tell her that there is no way that you'd make an appointment for almost two weeks after you'll be out of meds, she will talk to you like you're an idiot. I have bipolar disorder and I admit that, especially when I haven't had regular access to my medication, I get irritable and snippy. I told her that the office staff was incompetent and hung up so that I could get a handle on my mood. When I called back she said, "We're not talking anymore. You're never going to be a patient here and you need help." Yea, I need help. That's why I'm calling a psychiatrist. So then she tells me that she's called the police because I continued calling when she has hung up on me, and then she picks up and laughs and hangs up. Sorry that your system registers people who have been in the hospital as new patients. Sad that good doctors have the worst staff.
Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
This man is a pseudoscientist with a god complex. It's shocking people take him seriously when he was a member of so many discredited 'conversion therapy' organisations.
May 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
The entire staff is wonderful and always greet me with a warm welcome and a smile. Dr. Satinover and Terry Pizzo are very intelligent, dedicated and kind. They have both helped me tremendously, I can't thank them enough
Tabatha Harvey – Feb 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
HIS STAFF IS HORRIFIC! Uncaring, rude and unprofessional. My only gripe with Dr. Santinover is that since I was laid off and no longer worked in CT and did not live in CT, he could no longer treat me. I had a final appt with him and they said I could not do an insurance co-pay over the phone, I had to pay $150 out of pocket. However, Denise and Jan are disgusting and should not be allowed to work in any doctor's office, let alone a psychiatrists office. I landed a new job pretty quickly and found a new doctor, however, I had a two month wait for an appt. I called asking if the doctor would give me a prescription for my meds which I could not just stop taking without adverse affects. They said no, got very nasty with me even after I explained my situation . They just didnt care if I got sick. I called my primary care physician and told him, he was appalled by their behavior and said there could be ethical implications if I got sick. Dont even think about using this practice!
Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
Just DONT! Staff are RUDE, condescending and come from a place of combativeness defensiveness and NOT from a place of HELP and COMPASSION! So right out of the gate, you're left feeling like a burden and like there is something wrong with you. Oh wait...there IS, hence reaching out for HELP! They just let me go with no medication because they can't fit me in til SEPT for a "follow up appt required since May, which I wasn't aware of..even tho" June" refilled for me 30 days ago and said NOTHING to that effect. Stopping the medication suddenly has adverse medical reactions and these people neither care about you as a person, nor your health. Is it me or is there something wrong with this picture? This is a place that offers HELPfor your enotionalwell being. I was just left to the curb with no medication, no Dr until Sept , told they made "an error" and won't do anything to rectify it and I was wrong for forgetting to made a follow up appt in May. They DONT CARE! Cherryontop..I PAY 4 this!
Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
Terrible. I waited over an hour for my scheduled appointment. When I did get in I met with Dr Satinover for a length of 15 minutes, with very little eye contact from him. He called in a prescription and said "I'll see you in a month." Needless to say I will not go back. I am also being charged for a full hour visit.
Mar 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
My husband and I could not be more satisfied with Dr. Satinover, Dr. Mathias and the therapists we have seen there. This is not the first mental health practice we have been to, but is certainly the best. Everyone, including the administrative personnel, seems to love their work and they are all excellent at it. We have both been amazed at how much more we have learned from treatment here than anywhere else.
E. C. in Newtown, CT – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
(Not my real name!) I first started treatment with Dr. Satinover three years ago when he was working at a different practice. He now treats two of my children as well in the new group he founded. Neither my husband nor I have ever seen a psychiatrist as skilled as he is. I felt immediately at ease with him and that has never changed. His knowledge of not just standard but newer research level treatments is simply remarkable. We have had success with him we never saw previously. He also provides
R.H. in Ridgefield, CT – Jan 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
My son missed an appointment and was told to bring money when he rescheduled. He arrived with the $75.00 missed appointment fee and was also charged an additional $15.00 which was never explained. Once the office manager, Denise, had his money, she then said, incorrectly, he had a high deductible and would need to pay for appointment that day. My son said he did not have the money so left, quite distraught. He has ADHD and was seeing Dr. Satinover for med check. Stay away from this practice
Alison Mark in Wilton, CT – Jan 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
Definitely the best place in the area for psych. I've seen other comments from people I'm pretty sure I saw and heard in the waiting room who don't like that Sterling runs a tight ship. In fact, everyone bends over backwards to be helpful. I've seen 2 of the docs there and both were great, and very different. The therapist I saw is terrific. You might have to wait--but that's because Dr. Satinover won't shove people out the door if they're in crisis.
S.W. in Bedford, NY – Jan 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
I have seen a number of psychiatrists and therapists over the years. Dr. Satinover, Nancy Notaro are the best. Denise, the office manager is a genius. A group of mothers in our town have basically formed a Sterling Institute coffee-club. They are professional, highly-skilled and compassionate the way things used to be. I had to wait quite awhile once for my appointment with Dr. S because he would not turn out people in crisis. I know he often stays past 9.
R Hobarth in Newtown, CT – Jan 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
I have to agree with the previous reviews, the staff is rude and not caring at all. Dr Satinover himself is rude and lacks professionalism. I waited over an hour in the waiting room to see the doctor and when I asked to reschedule the appointment I was told I was going to be charged a cancellation fee ?? I was directed to speak with Dr Satinover ( owner of the practice) he told me himself “What do you think this is, a Hair Salon?” I will not recommend them at all
  • Long wait times
CT – Oct 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
I have only been there once and since starting a new job I have not been able to get back to get a refill and have been feeling very bad, I've spoken to Denise who is mentioned in other complaints and she has been nothing but rude and she has a very nonchalant attitude to some as serious as mental health, I asked to speak to the doctor and was told he does not talk to patients over the phone, said there was nothing she can do unless I come in, which is hard for me since I work in the city, s
Chris – Jul 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
Run Fast and run far. He has an impressive resume but he is really a creep.
Brooklyn, NY – Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
This review is for his office staff and NOT for the doctor himself. The women (Jan and Denise) who run the front desk are completely rude and unprofessional. I AM actually convinced he is NOT aware of how they are treating his patients because I am sure he would NOT allow it. For such an intelligent, compassionate doctor he is undermining himself with a staff that does not treat his patients with the same level of care and respect. In fact I will be seeking another doctor just for that reason.
Wilton, CT – Aug 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
I have a lifelong condition that has been treated by many doctors and therapists. Dr. Satinover is the first one to offer hope and to help me maintain true stability--much longer lasting than ever before (I am almost fifty). He is brilliant and is very caring. I was very happy that he left CPC to form his own organization(and some of the very best people from there followed him including Denise! They also have a new person, Nadine, who is absolutely magical with children.
M. Levine in Arlington, VA and Newtown, CT – Jul 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Satinover?

"Psychiatry is a science, but above all, it is a humane art. Psychiatrists must rigorously apply the best and latest in scientific and clinical research...Read more

Dr. Satinover is the founder and managing director of the Sterling Institute for Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Medicine in Danbury, a multidisciplinary...Read more

• Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

2008
University Of Nice, French National Research Center (Ph.D, Physics)
1986