Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD

Pediatric Psychiatry •  Male • Age 72

Dr. Satinover

Sterling Institute for Neuropsychiatry and Behavior Medicine

7 Kenosia Ave Danbury, CT 06810

Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD is a pediatric psychiatry specialist in Danbury, CT and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston in 1982 and specializes in pediatric psychiatry, psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Satinover's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Satinover

3.5

Dr. Satinover?
Dr. Satinover's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD
Just DONT! Staff are RUDE, condescending and come from a place of combativeness defensiveness and NOT from a place of HELP and COMPASSION! So right out of the gate, you're left feeling like a burden and like there is something wrong with you. Oh wait...there IS, hence reaching out for HELP! They just let me go with no medication because they can't fit me in til SEPT for a "follow up appt required since May, which I wasn't aware of..even tho" June" refilled for me 30 days ago and said NOTHING to that effect. Stopping the medication suddenly has adverse medical reactions and these people neither care about you as a person, nor your health. Is it me or is there something wrong with this picture? This is a place that offers HELPfor your enotionalwell being. I was just left to the curb with no medication, no Dr until Sept , told they made "an error" and won't do anything to rectify it and I was wrong for forgetting to made a follow up appt in May. They DONT CARE! Cherryontop..I PAY 4 this!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
Terrible. I waited over an hour for my scheduled appointment. When I did get in I met with Dr Satinover for a length of 15 minutes, with very little eye contact from him. He called in a prescription and said "I'll see you in a month." Needless to say I will not go back. I am also being charged for a full hour visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
My husband and I could not be more satisfied with Dr. Satinover, Dr. Mathias and the therapists we have seen there. This is not the first mental health practice we have been to, but is certainly the best. Everyone, including the administrative personnel, seems to love their work and they are all excellent at it. We have both been amazed at how much more we have learned from treatment here than anywhere else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
(Not my real name!) I first started treatment with Dr. Satinover three years ago when he was working at a different practice. He now treats two of my children as well in the new group he founded. Neither my husband nor I have ever seen a psychiatrist as skilled as he is. I felt immediately at ease with him and that has never changed. His knowledge of not just standard but newer research level treatments is simply remarkable. We have had success with him we never saw previously. He also provides
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
My son missed an appointment and was told to bring money when he rescheduled. He arrived with the $75.00 missed appointment fee and was also charged an additional $15.00 which was never explained. Once the office manager, Denise, had his money, she then said, incorrectly, he had a high deductible and would need to pay for appointment that day. My son said he did not have the money so left, quite distraught. He has ADHD and was seeing Dr. Satinover for med check. Stay away from this practice
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
Definitely the best place in the area for psych. I've seen other comments from people I'm pretty sure I saw and heard in the waiting room who don't like that Sterling runs a tight ship. In fact, everyone bends over backwards to be helpful. I've seen 2 of the docs there and both were great, and very different. The therapist I saw is terrific. You might have to wait--but that's because Dr. Satinover won't shove people out the door if they're in crisis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
I have seen a number of psychiatrists and therapists over the years. Dr. Satinover, Nancy Notaro are the best. Denise, the office manager is a genius. A group of mothers in our town have basically formed a Sterling Institute coffee-club. They are professional, highly-skilled and compassionate the way things used to be. I had to wait quite awhile once for my appointment with Dr. S because he would not turn out people in crisis. I know he often stays past 9.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
I have to agree with the previous reviews, the staff is rude and not caring at all. Dr Satinover himself is rude and lacks professionalism. I waited over an hour in the waiting room to see the doctor and when I asked to reschedule the appointment I was told I was going to be charged a cancellation fee ?? I was directed to speak with Dr Satinover ( owner of the practice) he told me himself “What do you think this is, a Hair Salon?” I will not recommend them at all
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
I have only been there once and since starting a new job I have not been able to get back to get a refill and have been feeling very bad, I've spoken to Denise who is mentioned in other complaints and she has been nothing but rude and she has a very nonchalant attitude to some as serious as mental health, I asked to speak to the doctor and was told he does not talk to patients over the phone, said there was nothing she can do unless I come in, which is hard for me since I work in the city, s
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?
Run Fast and run far. He has an impressive resume but he is really a creep.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Satinover, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Satinover?

"Psychiatry is a science, but above all, it is a humane art. Psychiatrists must rigorously apply the best and latest in scientific and clinical research to help resolve distress as rapidly and effectively as possible. But truly good psychiatrists are above all collaborators with their patients, placing their needs first and walking with them through the good times and the bad."

• Pediatric Psychiatry
  • Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

2008
University of Nice, French National Research Center (Ph.D, physics)
2002
Massachusetts Institute Of Technology

• French
  • German

Dr. Satinover accepts

Dr. Satinover accepts the following insurance:

Connecticare
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
HealthFirst
MagnaCare
Oxford Health Plans
Tricare
Value Options

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Satinover's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Satinover's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Panic Disorder
  • Pediatric Attention Deficit (ADD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment