Dr. Jeffrey Salin, DO

Dr. Jeffrey Salin, DO

Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery  ·

Dr. Jeffrey Salin, DO is an adult reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Overland Park, KS and has been practicing for 11 years. He specializes in adult reconstructive orthopedic surgery, joint reconstruction orthopedic surgery, and more.Read his story

Kansas City Bone and Joint Clinic

10701 Nall Ave Ste 200

Overland Park, KS 66211

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
  • CompCare
  • CoreSource
  • CorVel
  • Family Health Partners
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Salin

See how frequently Dr. Salin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Joint Pain

Dr. Salin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Salin's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Salin "I became a part of Kansas City Bone & Joint Clinic in July of 2007. Before joining this wonderful group, I completed my fellowship with Joint Implant Surgeons at New Albany Surgical Hospital and Ohio State University East Hospital. I trained with Dr Lombardi and Dr Keith Berend during this time and I assisted in performing adult reconstructive surgery on over 1000 total hips and knees. My passion is hip and knee replacement surgery to allow patients to return to a good quality of life. I perform partial knee replacements, total knee replacements and hip replacement surgery with minimally invasive techniques including the minimally invasive (ASI-anterior supine intramuscular) direct anterior approach to the hip. I attended Brigham Young University for Undergraduate school, completed my doctor of osteopathic medicine at Des Moines University and completed my residency in Massillon, Ohio at the Doctors Hospital of Stark County. I am board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by the American Osteopathic board of Orthopaedic surgery. There are always new devices. There are always new techniques. There is always an evolving database of literature out there and I remain on the cutting edge to make sure that we are able to offer our patients the best. Therefore I am a member of American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics (AOAO) and American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS). This allows me to keep up with the latest research and techniques. Giving back is something I value. I have participated in Operation Walk USA since 2012. I think our group, and myself, have been involved with many functions like this which we contribute our time and expertise to people that otherwise couldn't afford it. It's just has a feel good feeling about it. When I am not operating or in clinic, I enjoy spending time with my family and traveling."

This content was provided by Dr. Salin "My passion is hip and knee replacement surgery to allow patients to return to a good quality of life. I perform partial knee replacements, total knee replacements and hip replacement surgery with minimally invasive techniques including the minimally invasive (ASI-anterior supine intramuscular) direct anterior approach to the hip."

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Spondylosis
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
  • Des Moines University of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Affinity Medical Center (Doctors Hospital of Stark County)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Doctor Hospital Of Stark County-Massillon, Ohio
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Joint Implant Surgeons, Inc.
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Trained with Dr. Keith Berend
    Other Education | Completed 2007
  • Trained with Dr. Lombardi
    Other Education | Completed 2007

Dr. Salin has no media or publications listed.

• Japanese

Dr. Salin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Salin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Salin's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Salin to family and friends

Dr. Salin's Performance

I had to have a total knee replacement and Dr. Salin performed the surgery. He did an excellent job. He was caring, explained things well, and had me back on my feet in no time with little pain. I will definitely use him again for my other knee.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Salin is great. He was direct in my initial appointment about what I might experience, but reassuring at the same time. He did my left knee in May 17 and will be doing my right knee in September 17.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Salin is very thorough and very knowledgeable. He explains, listens and answers all questions. I had double hip replacement surgery and my hips are now fully functioning, better than I ever imagined. His administrator Becky also provides excellent service. I highly recommend Dr. Salin.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Salin. He took all the time we needed to discuss my condition and possible treatments. He is truly on the cutting edge of the latest techniques and recommended what I believe to be the best treatment possible. At least 3 Dr's at the hospital mentioned to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Salin is the best. He is always on top of the latest procedures for doing joint replacements. He tells it like it is when he interviews a patient including worst case scenarios. He made me feel comfortable and confident through the whole procedure (Bilateral Total Hip replacement). ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Salin?

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Salin at Kansas City Bone and Joint Clinic

Sports Medicine Specialist