1) Hi, I’m Dr. Jeffrey Riopelle from Riopelle Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology in San Ramon located on the campus of the San Ramon Regional Medical Center. Together with my wife Donna, we founded our laser and cosmetic surgery center practice in 2001. We have a very unique practice that combines cosmetic surgery, cosmetic dermatology and anti-aging.
2) Cosmetic surgery is both an art and a science. The Riopelle family is filled with well-known artistic and creative people including famous French Canadian artist Jean Paul Riopelle, famous singer- song writer Jerry Riopelle, and famous inventor Fleming Riopelle (my grandfather), inventor of the first automobile air conditioner. I became a cosmetic surgeon in order to be able to combine my talents in both the arts and the sciences. For example when doing liposuction I carefully sculpt each individual as if working to create a fine masterpiece.
Donna Riopelle, my wife, and partner in our practice also comes from a family with a talented and creative background. Her father, for example was a lead engineer on the development of the US space shuttle. She too went into the field to use her talents in the arts and sciences.
3) There are 4 things that distinguish Riopelle Cosmetic and Laser from other practices:
1) First, we have strived to provide the most up to date technology. We believe in getting the latest equipment and constantly upgrading to bring you cutting edge technology. The field is evolving very rapidly and we want patients to have the best options currently available to improve themselves. For example in the last year alone, we added Smart Lipo to our already excellent Vaser Lipo to create Smart Lipo Ultra. We Added Luminus CO2 fractional Active and Total Fx resurfacing. We add Zerona for non-invasive fat reduction. We also upgraded to the painless thermage tip. All told we have more than 20 different lasers and cosmetic technologies to choose from.
2) That leads us to the second thing that sets us apart. We customize our care for you. Because we have so many great cosmetic technology options, and so much experience with them we can customize the care just for you the patient. No matter what the patient’s age, skin type, body type or size, we have the flexibility in technology to outline just the right plan. As they say if all you have is a hammer you treat everyone as if they are a nail. Just the opposite with our practice. We look at you, the individual, and customize a program based on your uniqueindividual needs.
3) The third thing that sets us apart is that our goal is to Wow you. From our great staff to Donna and me as providers, you’ll be surrounded by warm caring professionals with years of experience. We believe in going the extra mile for our patients. For example with our last liposuction patient, as we finished her procedure we had her stand and Donna and I looked over the results carefully. She looked good but not just right. Her right arm had more fat to begin with than the left. Although we’d already removed more on the right than the left to compensate, we both felt her arms were not exactly equal yet. So we had her lie down again, went back to lasering and meticulously took out just the right amount of fat. We wanted to give her just the right cosmetic result. We’ll settle for nothing less. We want you to leave saying “Wow, they work really hard for me and they really do care”, and that’s what we hear from our patients all the time.
4) Our practice specializes primarily in no down-time to minimal downtime cosmetic procedures. In today’s busy world, patients need and want procedures that they can have on a Thursday of Friday and go back to work on the following Monday. Most of our procedures fit this bill. Some of the procedures we perform include SmartLipo, Vaser Lipo, Smart Lipo Ultra, High Def Lipo, Fraxel-like CO2 Fx fractional resurfacing, Coolsculpting, NuLift thread lift using dissolvable Novothread, the life- enhancing lift for the face, thermage, the sutureless thread lift, Ulthera, Thermitight RF, laser and sclero vein treatment, Celfina for cellulite, EVLT, IPL (photofacial), Plasma Portrait, gentle waves, Botox, fillers, and more.
5) What really makes our practice most unique is that we combine cosmetic surgery, cosmetic dermatology and expertise in anti-aging all in one very unique practice. To us, beauty is just not skin deep. We prefer to work on the whole individual, because if we’re healthy inside, we’ll be healthy outside and age more slowly outside as well. While we’ve removed hundreds of skin cancers and thousands of moles, treated hundreds of acne patients, and performed thousands of cosmetic procedures, we also have extensive training in anti-aging and weight loss. Anti-aging is essentially the optimization of diet, exercise, nutritional intake, and hormones to allow one to age internally and externally as gradually as possible. We believe that when we combine these techniques with our cosmetic surgery and dermatology approaches, we can help patients to the best possible long term outcomes. By the same token, we view your experience with us not as a onetime procedure with us, but as an ongoing relationship to help you for many years to come. To help us with our approach, I personally authored a book, My Personal Trainer, a comprehensive guide to Fitness and Health. We also have a full-fledged multi-level weight loss program with a behavioral psychologist and dietician to assist us in helping patients. Donna Riopelle and I have extensive experience ordering the appropriate nutritional, cardiac, and hormonal tests that can reveal insight to optimizing health.
Dr. Jeffrey Riopelle, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in San Ramon, CA. He has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Riopelle is affiliated with San Ramon Regional Medical Center.