Dr. Jeffrey Rich, DO

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Jeffrey Rich, DO
Dr. Jeffrey Rich, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in South Miami, FL. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Rich is affiliated with Westchester General Hospital, Coral Gables Hospital and South Miami Hospital.

Dr. Rich's Care Philosophy

I specialize in total hip and knee replacements as well as revision surgeries of the hip and knee. However, I pursue non operative treatments including Hyaluronic acid injections, PRP injections, medications and therapy. I use the latest technology and minimally invasive techniques when surgery is necessary.

Dr. Rich's Experience

See how Dr. Rich's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rich

Dr. Rich accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Rich is now accepting new patients
    South Miami Office6141 Sunset Dr Ste 403
    South Miami, FL 33143
    (305) 663-8877Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Rich has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rich's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rich to family and friends
    4.0
    Dr. Rich's Performance
    in Miami, FL |
    Dr. Rich performed an amazing job on my right total knee replacement. Dr. Rich & his friendly & knowledgeable staff eased my fears & answered with clarity all my million questions LOL before & after the surgery. I was happy to see Dr. Rich come check up on me after my surgery when he should have been preparing to go on vacation. That was reassuring & showed dedication to me, his patient. My post surgery follow-up appointment was great. He really cares for his patients.
    in Miami, FL |
    Dr.Rich is a excellent surgeon take his skills serious I will highly recommend him . Dr Rich has been my doctor for over 20 years he repair my right shoulder with great success when other doctors said it couldn't be done.He also recently replace my right knee also with great result. Dr. Rich is very knowledgeable and I trust with my eyes close .He has a very friendly great staff working with him, quick respond when you need it.
    in Miami, FL |
    Dr.J.Rich tremendous surgeon, he did my right and left knee replacement.No complaints. Very talkative all details,lol I would totally recommend him.His office staff also very professional.
    in Coral Gables, FL |
    Dr. Jeff Rich proved to be the best physician choice for my Total Hip Replacement! I made initial consultation appointments with three orthopaedic surgeons to interview and after my appointment with Dr. Rich I was convinced he was the one for me. As a working executive, I was impressed by the short procedure time, great surgical outcome based on his surgical skills, and most importantly minimal post-op pain and back to work in a couple of weeks!
    in Hialeah, FL |
    Dr. Jeffrey Rich did total knee replacement on my left knee six moths ago. I am very happy with the result of the this surgery. Twenty days after the surgery I had stopped taking pain killer medications and I was walking without a walker or a cane. The visits to Dr. Jeffrey's office before and after the surgery are time scheduled and the waiting time is very reasonable, never been in the waiting room more than 20 minutes. He answers questions very nice and professionally. Excellent Dr.
    in Miami, Fl |
    Great Doctor, kind, considerate, & and really cares about his patients. Not very talkative, (LoL) but very good.
    in Miami, FL |
    GREAT DOCTOR!!! VERY FRIENDLY AND PROFFESIONAL STAFF!
    in Miami, FL |
    Dr.Rich has been my go to doctor for many years for all my Orthopedic issues. He has treated me for my shoulder and knees. Dr.Rich did my surgery for my right knee and the outcome was great. He is always on time and always explains my results thoroughly. Also, the staff is always very nice and caring. Thank you Dr.Rich.
    in Miami, FL |
    Dr. Rich is a great surgeon who has treated myself and family members for various issues, he takes the time to thoroughly explain the procedure and is there afterwards to make sure everything went well and you are taken care of. I highly recommend him for any orthopedic need and just want to praise how professional he and his team are at both the clinic and hospital.
    in Miami, FL |
    I tore my meniscus in my right knee as well as my acl in my left knee (not at the same time years apart) Dr. Rich performed both surgeries with ease. He made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process. the follow through along with his bedside manner was impeccable. I had very minimal scaring in both knees, in my right knee you can only see the scars if you look really close and know where to look. After both surgeries he seemed genuinely concerned with my progress and with my rehab.
    Miami, FL |
    Dr. Jeffrey Rich is a great orthopedic surgeon.
    Miami, FL |
    Spent a lot of time answering my questions. Great bed side manner!
    in Boca Raton, FL |
    Dr. Rich is an outstanding Orthopaedic surgeon. First he recommended a conservative protocol of physical therapy to deal with my knee pain. While it helped, the knee was not fully healed. Unfortunately, the MRI would not reveal a meniscus tear. Dr. Rich thought outside the box and figured out that I had a torn meniscus. In August 2016, Dr. Rich performed a surgical repair of my meniscus and cleaned up some cartilage damage. I then went back to PT and I am doing really well. Running again!!
    in miami florida |
    Great surgeon, but very poor communication with his staff. Very poor pain management protocol, takes two or more days just to get Tylenol 4. Impossible to get through staff to communicate with Dr Rich re post-surgical issues and there is no other Doctor covering for him when he is away or unavailable. Patients suffer pain unnecessarily . No pre-surgical education available, like the old days and certainly not current. Dealing with rude staff when you are suffering is unacceptable.
    Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear your surgery was a success. I am sorry you felt your post operative pain was not adequately controlled. I use the latest up to date pain protocols for my patients. My staff and I aim for excellent control in all of our patients. I do have other physicians covering for me, unfortunately, they are unable to prescribe narcotic medication for patients that are not directly under their care. We are always available to discuss any concerns you have.
    in Hialeah, FL |
    Doctor Rich is excellent! Today I had my right knee surgery at the Westchester hospital in Miami, i feel really good, almost no pain. I am very thankful to him and to his team, everybody works toward a team goal, they are very professional and I mean ALL THE STAFF (including the cleaning people, securities, bus driver) that work with him at his clinic also in the hospital Westchester in Miami, it was an unforgatable experience, I felt very comfortable and respected. Thank you Doctor Rich!
    in Hialeah, FL |
    I complain that Dr Jeffrey Rich made a surgery of left knee replacement and he was careless to leave my left extremity 15mm longer than my right extremity.As a result I have problems for walking , gait, limp , pain in both knees, hips and back and I can not stand still for more than one minute.And he took almost one year to order the lab measurement of both extremities to corroborate the anomaly.And as of today he still has not apologized for his clumsy performance as surgeon.
    Thank you for your feedback. We were sorry to learn that you did not get the result that you expected from your surgery. Your experience is not at all indicative of the surgical outcomes or our patient care standards. Our goal is to have 100 percent patient satisfaction with the best surgical results and outcomes and we always welcome direct feedback by contacting us at our office.
    Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Rich, DO?

Dr. Rich's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rich says...

Anterior hip replacement, Custom knee replacement, partial knee replacement, Revision of hip and knee replacements, knee arthroscopic surgeries. open excisions

Dr. Rich says...

Besides excellent surgical services, offer PRP injections and Hyaluronic Acid injections as treatment options.

Dr. Rich's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Rich has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rich's Board Certifications

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
    • Baker’s Cyst
    • Chondrocalcinosis
    • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Femur Fracture
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Completed in 1998

Grant Hospital
      University of Florida

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Rich does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rich and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
    • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
    • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
    • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
    • Rotator Cuff Surgery