Dr. Jeffrey H. Oppenheimer, MD

Dr. Jeffrey H. Oppenheimer, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Advanced Orthopaedics and Pain Management 2401 Frist Blvd Ste 7, Fort Pierce, FL 34950 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

My mission is to provide the best possible Neurosurgical care to members of our community. Race, religion, ethnic background or financial means will never compromise my standards for excellence. Our procedures will be state of the art and will incorporate the latest technology. I welcome an open channel of communication between my patients, their friends and relatives and myself. Honesty, confidentiality and trust will be foremost in my dealings with all of you. No efforts will be spared to help you. I thank all of you for your trust in selecting me as your physician. I am honored by the privilege of serving you.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Oppenheimer's Experience

89Experience
Match

See how Dr. Oppenheimer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Oppenheimer

Dr. Oppenheimer accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Oppenheimer has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Oppenheimer's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Oppenheimer to family and friends
4.3
Experience with Dr. Oppenheimer
Dr. Oppenheimer's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (34)
Dr. Jeffrey H. Oppenheimer, MD says

Many of my patients come to me having seen other spine surgeons and have been multiply operated prior to their first visit with me.  I take on the tough cases that no one else wants and as you might imagine, the success rate is not as high as those the come to me the first time.

In any event, I have change many lives in a positive way in my many years of practice.  Medicine is not a perfect science but I do my best to stay current in the techniques I use and  keep up with continuing medical ongoing education.  I give everyone my best and am dedicated to thoughtful, empathetic care and the careful and delicate handling of tissues in the operating room.

in North Arlington, NJ |
Dr. O you are awesome - thank you so much for making me pain free after months of suffering.with the pinched nerve in my neck. You and your staff are wonderful!! From the minute my husband and I walked into your office we knew I was in good hands! You use the most modern technology and you and your staff are number 1 in my book!. The care and dedication you provided is Outstanding and the best bedside manner I've seen in a long time. You are truly an asset to the medical profession. Sincerel
in Netcong, NJ |
He is a talented.surgeon who took a personal interest in my recovery Its remarkable how in 8 short weeks I'm back to an active lifestyle.No trace of the nerve pain that was so debilitating. .
in Whitehouse Station, NJ |
I had a two-level minimally invasive TLIF at L4-5, L5-S1 performed by Doctor Oppenheimer on 5/18/16. I had been previously told to expect lots of pain, lots of rest, and at least two weeks of narcotic use to manage the pain. I used narcs for 3 days, after which I switched to Tylenol. After one week I was walking a mile and started driving short distances. After two weeks I'm walking 2+ miles, started some light hiking, and driving over an hour. Thank you Doctor Oppy!!
in Scotch Plains |
Dr.Oppenheimer was amazing. Him and nurse Jackie made my time there comfortable and a good experience. I'm very overly satisfied with my care from Dr.Oppenheimer. I love him! Best doctor ever.
in Monroe Township, NJ |
I was a difficult case but came out with flying colors.My physical therapist was amazed after seeing g my mri at my quite recovery
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey H. Oppenheimer, MD?

Compare Dr. Oppenheimer

• Neurosurgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Oppenheimer's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Oppenheimer says..

I have taught physicians and residents and published on the techniques of minimally invasive spine surgery.  Spine surgeon have adopted the techniques that many specialties had before us such as General Surgery (laparoscopic cholycystectomy).  We can now do spinal fusion with hardware through small, tissue sparing incisions and patients actually go home the same day.

Oppenheimer, JH and McDonnell DE: Chapter 19, "Thoracic Pedicle Screw         Placement"

in: Neurosurgery Tricks of the Trade: Spine and Peripheral Nerve       Thieme Publishing, 2014.

Oppenheimer JH, DeCastro I, McDonnell DE: Minimally invasive spine

Technology and minimally invasive spine surgery: a historical review. Neurosurg Focus 27 (3):1-15, 2009

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Back Disorders
  • Degenerative Spine Disorders
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Traumatic Spine Disease
  • Ulnar Neuropathy

Dr. Oppenheimer says..

see previous section

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Facet Joint Injection
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Joint Fusion
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection

Completed in 1990

Weill Cornell Medical College

Graduated in 1979

• German

Dr. Oppenheimer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oppenheimer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Oppenheimer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery
  • Malpractice claims found
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Oppenheimer

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Oppenheimer's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Oppenheimer

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Oppenheimer says...

I am first generation American, born in New York City in 1957 to German parents. My father's side of the family were Jewish. Some of them had the insight to leave their worldly possessions behind and immigrate to New York in an effort to avoid persecution by the Nazi's. Although many of my family died in the gas chambers, I am fortunate in that my father had the good judgment to immigrate to the US.

I worked in my father's Butcher shop, the H. Oppenheimer Company, from age 13-17 while concurrently attending the Dwight Englewood High School in Englewood, NJ. I graduated sixth in my class in 1975. My interest was in Biology, which led to my becoming the first physician in our family.   I graduated Cornell University cum laude with Bachelor of Arts in Neurobiology and Behavior in 1979. I received a Master of Arts degree with distinction from Georgetown University in Physiology and Biophysics in 1980 and completed my MD there in 1984. In May of 1990 I completed my Residency training in Neurosurgery at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles County Hospital- the largest hospital in the US and the third largest in the world at the time.

I am Board Certified in Neurosurgery since 1993 and have been practicing 25 years. I have been an assistant Professor of Neurosurgery, written peer-reviewed articles, authored a textbook chapter and appeared on television (Emergency 911; ABC News; Medical Television Network).   I have been married to Missy Pierce Oppenheimer, an employment law attorney, for 16 years and have 4 children: Benjamin, 10; Paul, 12; Jenna, 21 and Brianna, 26.

I have practiced in a number of locations and have several licenses. However, I am committed to my practices in NJ and FL as I have family in both regions

Dr. Oppenheimer's Care Philosophy