Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD

Rheumatology ·  Male · Age 74

Dr. Miller

Osteoporosis/Rhu Ctr/Tampa Bay

3218 W Azeele St Tampa, FL 33609

Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Tampa, FL and has been practicing for 45 years. He graduated from Temple University School Of Medicine in 1970 and specializes in rheumatology and internal medicine.

Dr. Miller accepts

Dr. Miller accepts the following insurance:

Beech Street (Multiplan)
Blue Cross
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Coventry Health Care
Group Plan PPO
Triwest
TriCare/TriWest

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Miller's experience treating your condition or procedure

high
high

Dr. Miller treats Bursitis more than 86% of his peers

Dr. Miller treats this condition more than 86% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Hip Bursitis
  • Subacromial Bursitis
  • Trochanteric Bursitis

Dr. Miller's conditions and procedures:

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amyloidosis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Asthma
  • Behçet's Disease
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Emphysema
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fever
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Purpura
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis

3.6

Dr. Miller?
Dr. Miller's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD
Plan on spending an entire day for your appointment. Never try to see Dr. Miller as a walk-in even though their phone message states it's okay as long as you check in before 11am. Even if you get there as the door opens at 9:30am, you'll wait all day. Dr. Miller is a great physician but he's behind schedule before the day starts.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
dr. Miller is a great doctor but as of 1/8 they cancelled my appointment for the 9th and it is now the 14th I have left multiple messages and they have not called me back this is very upsetting to me !! has anyone had the same problem?
Great Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
In 1964, I came down with what eventually would be diagnosed as Ankylosing Spondilitis, a sever form of spinal arthritis. After seeing more doctors and specialists than I care to remember, my condition was officially diagnosed in 1999 when I first met Dr. Jeffrey Miller. I have been a patient ever since. Dr. Miller cares for each of his patient like they were his only case, spending whatever time it takes to confirm a diagnosis and suggest treatment - rare in this day of 15 minute doctor visits.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
Staff can be unbearable. The doctor is great with understanding and explaining conditions, but the staff tends to sway the level of care received by patients. Unbelievably hard to be seen urgently. Wait time is at least an hour on a good day, usually runs about 2 hours for a scheduled appointment. For an urgent appointment, expect to wait all day, as they will not see you until the last scheduled appointment is finished. The office is old and dilapidated, doesn't seem to be cleaned often.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
My husband has a chronic unknown condition for the past 6 years. We always felt he had an autoimmune disease but never delved into it after autoimmune panels kept coming back negative. Dr. Miller was the worst doctor we have been to in the past 6 years. He joked with my husband about how he won’t ever get his life back, made inappropriate remarks about our sex life, and spewed out orders that weren’t even written down by the nurse. We were heart broken and bewildered even more post-appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
Dr Miller is very knowledgeable and seems to be very good. However the organization of his office, follow up, the ability to obtain refills for his prescribed medications is less the bad. No return calls to pharmacists is ridiculously slow. I have had to wait 3 to 4 weeks. You cannot leave a messagewith his office after hours.. Be prepared for frustration.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
I have found Dr. Miller to be a great doctor, he is attentive and seems very genuinely concerned about getting the issues you are dealing with resolved. His bed side manner is a little different, but if you have any sense of humor it isn't bothersome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Miller for over 7 years. Prior to seeing him I was miss diagnosed for over 15 years and felt like I was a number, like I didn't even have a name. I would go in other Dr office's, and it felt like no one cared. All the Dr's wanted to do is write out a bunch of prescriptions without even trying to figure out what was even wrong. All that changed once I saw Dr Miller! He is amazing! And I actually now have a name and I feel like he truly cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
Early morning appt. Like 9:45. Otherwise near the end of day you will have to wait because he spends time going over patients conditio,ngresearching for new treatments. He is a doctor that reads medical journals & keeps learning. Not just a MD after his name. He is well worth the time to get proper treatment & not the run around and it's all in your head from other lazy doctors who want to go home by 5pm. Mom has 2% rare disease. For me he ran screening tests that other doctors didn't use. ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
Dr. Jeffrey Miller has literally saved my life!!! My husband & I have traveled all over the country being military! All of my prior Drs kept telling me that I was "just unique" & left it at that. I started seeing Dr. Miller in Feb. 2017 & within the first 10 min. of sitting down with him, he diagnosed me with Lupus! This man is an absolute genius! He prescribed me CellCept & Plaquenil & my joint pain has been going away. The wait time is a little long, but trust me, he is worth the wait!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
Been seeing this Dr for over 15 years and his methods saved my life. He is very thorough and the staff is friendly. If you are impatient then you may want to go elsewhere otherwise he's one of the best around.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
Dr Miller is the only doctor in over 10 years who took ALL of my information and pieced it together to find my correct diagnosis. Sometimes you have to wait for him, but it's because he is taking the time necessary to be thorough. His staff is friendly and scheduling appointments is very easy. I would highly recommend him if you want a doctor who cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
This office is the worst! EVERYTIME you call you immediately get put on hold for 10-20 minutes! Go on, give then call right now, you'll see. It is absurd. Then, once someone answers, you either get a lady who barely speaks English who cannot answer ANY question or a guy who incessantly calls you sweety... I despise having but call this place, they are the worst!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
Exceptionally long wait times. Every visit is between 1.5-2 hours after my scheduled appointment time. Bedside manner is lacking. Approach is disorganized and unsystematic. Inappropriate joking during examinations. You have to repeat everything you said the prior visit because they switched EMRs and don't look up your prior records before your appointment. For people with difficult to diagnose autoimmune conditions, your time, money & peace of mind will be better served elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
Walked into office for the first time and was told the wait time was two hours! After planning for one month- it would have been nice for the office to call ahead and let me know so that I did leave work to sit in an office where I ended up having to leave anyway to pick up my children.If I treated a client like this I would be fired. Not sure why doctors have the right to treat patients like this. Very disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
Very thorough & takes a great deal of time to truly listen & understand issues/concerns. He orders appropriate tests instead of blindly guessing. This sometimes leads to a longer than expected wait. I'm not a patient person but in this case it did not bother me because I knew the reason - he was listening to all of his patients. I do assume he has blinders to his specialty, so I'd always recommend 2nd opinion for complex issue. For clear cut Rheumatology - his methodology is strong.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
I Have been seeing DR Miller . For about 5 months He is excellent caring,hard worker and willing to answer all my questions. And I never waited for long time for my appointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?
Doctor Miller is the most caring and professional who I trust my life to - I've been seeing him for almost 19 years. At one time, he was the one who encouraged me to seek services because he thought I had cancer. He was right! I highly recommend Doctor Miller. He is through in every way possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Miller, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Miller?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Miller treats patients.