Dr. Jeffrey A. McMichael, MD

Dr. Jeffrey A. McMichael, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 55 years old

28 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

I love the health care industry and I love Knoxville. I was born and raised here and went to Webb High school then attended Univ of Tennessee and played MLB for the Vols and coach Johnny Majors. Being an athlete has given me a particular interest in preventative health. It simply makes a lot of sense to eat the right foods, drink a lot of water and have fun with various different exercises. I believe God created us for great purpose and knows every hair on our head and even knows when our last days will be.... But He has given us much room to choose our quality of life... That is where my relationship with my patient comes into play...I enjoy that interactive coaching style of relationship to help create a high quality of life...by making good choices!!Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. McMichael's Experience

See how Dr. McMichael's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McMichael

Dr. McMichael accepts 41 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. McMichael has admitting privileges.

Dr. McMichael's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McMichael to family and friends
3.8
based on 28 total surveys
Dr. McMichael's Performance
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey A. McMichael, MD?
Are you Dr. McMichael?
Get started today!

Compare Dr. McMichael

Dr. McMichael says...

I thoroughly enjoy medicine. Even though we are in the midst of changing healthcare, it continues to be an honorable role that I can play in my community to help the process of fellow East Tennesseans become healthier. I was born and raised here...love the area and the people. I played football under Coach Majors for the the Vols and so my blood truely runs orange. I'm committed to both living a healthy lifestyle and encouraging and challenging my patients to do the same. It makes so much more sense to be preventative in my health than it does to have to fix health problems that I have created. I have been married for nearly 30 years and helped raise my five children. I love my family and that is a big part of my life along with my commitment to following Christ on a dailiy basis.

Dr. McMichael's Care Philosophy

Dr. McMichael says...

I really enjoy preventative medicine... preventing conditions before they occur... it makes sense...so wellness exams in the form of complete comprehensive physicals.... I am competent in performing endoscopy such as colonoscopy and upper endoscopy cardiac treadmill stress testing vasectomy and joint injections as well as skin surgery. I also enjoy the range of care from pediatrics through geriatric care.

Dr. McMichael's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. McMichael has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. McMichael's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

East Tennessee State University / Quillen College Of Medicine

Graduated in 1990

Florida Hospital East Orlando

Completed in 1991

Florida Hospital East Orlando

Completed in 1993

Univ Of Tennessee

Graduated in 1986

Dr. McMichael does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McMichael and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage