Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. McConnell

LVPG Orthopedics-Hausman Road

798 Hausman Rd Ste 100 Allentown, PA 18104

Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Allentown, PA and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University in 1985 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic spine surgery.

Dr. McConnell accepts

Dr. McConnell accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Oxford Health Plans
Freedom Plan
Priority Health
Oxford Liberty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. McConnell's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. McConnell's Top Procedures and Conditions

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high

Dr. McConnell treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 89% of his peers

Dr. McConnell treats this condition more than 89% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Total Disc Replacement

Dr. McConnell's patients benefit not only from his experience and skills as a spinal surgeon, but also from his dedication and caring. "Every patient's problem is unique and deserves the appropriate amount of time to diagnose their condition and discuss treatment options"

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

1.075268817204301%

Dr. McConnell?
Dr. McConnell's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD
Dr Mcconnell is such an excellent surgeon with superior technical skills. I had an acute injury which needed prompt medical care and he went out of his way to take care of me, placing my needs above all else. I woke up from surgery pain free! It was a miracle. I highly recommend Dr McConnell for surgical spine care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
After 30 years of debilitating pain and several doctors who told me I wasn't in that much pain, Dr. McConnell found the problem and corrected it. I got my life back. Not only am I able to be more functional, but getting off painkillers has made a huge change in how I feel. It's great! Now I can hold my new grandson!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
Dr.McConnell and his staff created a very relaxed environment for a nervous patient. from beginning to end all questions asked and great results...highly recommend his service as your Orthopedics Doctor ...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
Dr. McMonnell is an excellent surgen. I give him 5 stars and more. I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
I had surgery December of 2018 after struggling with nerve and back pain for 2 years. Of course I was scared, but Dr. McConnell and his PA, Danielle, made my decision to have surgery a quick one due to their honesty and caring approach for a good surgical outcome. The day I had surgery was quick and painless. I woke from surgery and soon after walked my first pain free steps! My nerve pain was greatly diminished and within a few weeks I was feeling 100%. Excellent Dr., no hesitations here!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
This Dr. is AMAZING he is ONE of the few that takes the time to listen. He treated me like a patient not just a number. He was respectful, explained everything throughly, and listened to what I had to say. I read that his role model was his dad. He envisioned his dad as the caring, patient doctor in the Famous Norman Rockwell painting, well its nice that he continues to carry on that legacy of a patient and caring doctor. He is MY vision of the Norman Rockwell Doctor! A Patient Directed Care Dr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
I would recommend Dr. McConnell to everyone who has a back problem. I had surgery in 2005 and again in 2018. The first was for curvature of the spine the second was for narrowing of the vertebrae. Before the surgery I could hardly walk, now I am almost pain free and walk without too much pain. I feel Dr. McConnell is great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
I had cervical stenosis at C 5/6, and Dr. McConnell recommend a mobi-c implant to replace the collapsed disc. The results were excellent, left arm numbness is gone, and now I can move my neck comfortably again. I highly recommend making an appt. with him if you have neck or spine problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
Dr McConnell is AMAZING!!! He is professional and compassionate. He spent time explaining the procedure completely. He was not in a rush, and made sure there were no unanswered questions. The surgery was a success! 100% My left leg has been paralyzed for about 28 years. He was able to fix my back at L4 and save my right leg. Now there is no pain in my right leg at all. I hope that I never need another surgery... But if I do, he is the Only surgeon I would go to. Highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
I had a ruptured disk at L4 pressing on a nerve that partially paralyzed my right leg and shot pain down the front of the leg. Dr. McConnell operated and as soon as I was awake I had no pain and I was able to walk normally. I was in the hospital at 8 am and home at 1:30 pm. Dr. McConnell did a fantastic job for me I am one happy camper. Thanks Dr. McConnell.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
Dr. McConnell did a fantastic job with my teenage daughter. Today is her first year post-surgery and she's back to her normal activities and her scar is barely visible. Thank you Dr. McConnell!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
Surgery for anyone is scary - no way around that. You want a doctor who is skilled AND compassionate and patient. I had a million questions about my new disks and all were answered patiently and completely. But what sets Jeff apart is his kindness. When you are scared and worried you want to feel that you are in good hands. My pain is gone and I am as good as new. Jeff and staff were wonderful - hands down my best doctor experience ever.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
I have been seeing a chiropractor and doing massage therapy which helped a little. So I went for a x-ray, and my chiropractor found something wrong which led to a MRI which found a fragment from my disk was pinching my sciatic and recommended me to get surgery. I read about Dr. McConnell and decided to let him do it. I made one of the best choices, after 10 weeks my back has never felt better. I would refer Dr. McConnell to anyone in need of back surgery, he and his staff are a great team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
After years of back problems, physical therapy, pain management, none of which gave me any help, I was ready to live the rest of my life in pain. Then I was referred to Dr McConnell by one of his patients. What a blessing! I had my appointment with him May 3rd. Two week later I had my surgery. I am now three weeks post-op and am able to walk, without pain, stand straight and return to my daily activities. He has given me back my life and I'll be forever grateful to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
From the moment I started with Dr. McConnell, I knew he was an expert. He was so personable and put everything out there in terms I could understand. He is recommended by me over the top!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
Dr McConnell is not only an amazing doctor who fixed my back, but also very professional, caring who explains everything. I’m so happy I finally found a wonderful place to come where they know what their doing. I now refer everyone to OAA, and would never think of going anywhere else! Outstanding care all the way around!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
I have referred several people to Dr McConnell after my successful disk replacement surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
Today is 3 1/2 months since my surgery. I had a herniated disk which was pushing up on a nerve causing excruciating pain. I went to Dr. McConnell. He gave me options, but he was not pushing either one. He truly left it up to me. I feel he is VERY qualified in his field. He's super easy to talk to, and really nice compared to some Dr's. He doesn't make you feel stupid and answers all your questions. I would recommend Dr. McConnell in a heartbeat to anyone having back issues. SUPER nice guy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
Dr. McConnell was great! I went for sciatica pain, and found I had disc problems. He took his time explaining all of my options. He left the decision up to me and didn't try to pressure me into anything unnecessary. Surgery went very well, 2 months from injury and it's almost like it never happened, with minimal scarring. I highly recommend him if you need a spine specialist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey McConnell, MD?
I have known Dr McConnell for over 9 years and has demonstrated superior skills and professionalism. The Lehigh valley is very fortunate to have a surgeon with these skills and personal commitment. He similarly has a dedicated and personable staff.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. McConnell?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. McConnell treats patients.