Dr. Jeffrey Marcus, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Marcus, MD

Pediatric Surgery  ·
Dr. Jeffrey Marcus, MD is a pediatric surgery specialist in Durham, NC and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School in 1994 and specializes in pediatric surgery, plastic & reconstructive surgery, and more.Read his story

3475 Erwin Rd

• CareSource
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Marcus

Dr. Marcus' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Marcus "I am fortunate to have a profession that allows me to apply my skills to help children and adults who have challenging problems. My areas of clinical focus include cleft lip and palate, craniofacial surgery, functional and cosmetic nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) for adolescents and adults, facial paralysis, vascular malformation, ear surgery, congenital hand abnormalities, and birth-related brachial plexus injury. Often, I am asked how I chose this profession. To me, plastic surgery combines technical challenge with creativity and problem solving. My patients' problems are usually apparent to others and create a layer of issues related to self-esteem. To a child born with a facial disfigurement, surgery provides a change that is needed to grow up and feel like any other kid. In consultation, my job is three-fold: to listen to concerns, to study problems, and to provide accurate, unbiased information about the possibilities. I am motivated only by my patients' happiness. If I do not feel that surgery will realistically achieve my patients' goals, I have no reason to recommend it. To a parent, there is no such thing as minor surgery. The same is true for adult patients who are making an important decision for themselves."

• Pediatric Surgery

• Oral and-or Facial Cleft
  • Vascular Malformations

1 Malpractice Claim
  • Settlement : 9/8/2014
    Nature of Complaint: INCIDENT LOCATION: DURHAM, NC /// PRACTITIONER COMMENTS: I was involved in a complex and severe cleft lip and palate case in which the infant died as a result of intracranial bleeding. After investigation, it was determined that the likely cause of the bleed was injury to a vascular structure by a fixation wire that was used for stabilization of the maxilla. There was no suit filed in conjunction with this tragic event. A report will be filed with the North Carolina Medical Board.
    State: North Carolina

• Northwestern Univ Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Hosp For Sick Children-Toronto
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Marcus has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Marcus has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Marcus does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marcus and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Marcus' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Marcus

Dr. Marcus?
Dr. Marcus' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey Marcus, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Dr. Marcus is a truly amazing, gifted surgeon. During my consultation he listened attentively, and answered all my questions precisely. I felt confident upon leaving he was the right Doctor for my surgery. He did such a wonderful job on my nose. I couldn’t be more thrilled with the results.
Sep 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Marcus, MD?
Dr. Marcus is by far the best doctor my daughter has had the pleasure to be seen by. He is an amazing doctor and very personable! He’s kind and gentle with my daughter and when he’s in the room with us his total attention and focus is on us. He never makes us feel rushed and is very through in...Read More
Angela Grigsby in Aiken, SC – Sep 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Marcus, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Marcus to friends and family. He is absolutely AMAZING! My son was the victim of a canine attack that resulted in massive disfigurement. Dr. Marcus and others he has hand picked have done the unthinkable. They have given my baby a face again.
Brittany Wells in Garner, NC – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Marcus, MD?
I went to Dr. Marcus for a secondary rhinoplasty. My first surgery had been performed by another doctor 20 years prior and I was unhappy with my results. I had consultations with several doctors but had not found one I was confident in until Dr. Marcus. His attention to detail and the time he...Read More
Jessica Vaughn in Greensboro, NC – Mar 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Marcus, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Marcus by another physician, who described him as a "meticulous" surgeon. That was also my experience. In addition, I found him to be a caring professional who explains things understandably; he listens and answers questions. My anxiety was lessened knowing he would be in...Read More
Burton in NC – Feb 28, 2018
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Marcus?