Dr. Jeffrey A. Marchessault, MD

Dr. Jeffrey A. Marchessault, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Associated Orthopaedics of Kingsport, Kingsport, TN 2202 N John B Dennis Hwy Ste 100, Kingsport, TN 37660 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

The hand has once been quoted as, "the creator of human civilization". It is an amazing part of our body I have passionately studied and learned to treat. I want future patients to know I will take time to get to know their problem, listen to their expectations and work toward a plan to reach those expectations.Read more

Dr. Marchessault's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Marchessault's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Marchessault

Dr. Marchessault accepts 23 insurance carriers

23 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Marchessault has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Marchessault

Dr. Marchessault's Review Details
5 based on 70 responses
Experience with Dr. Marchessault
Dr. Marchessault's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (68)
in Johnson City, TN |
I came to see Dr. Marchessault with a very deformed finger that had slowly bent over my pinkie. At first evaluation, it appeared that there was little that could be done. When I returned for a follow up, he had discussed this situation with other doctors and said he would attempt to fix the finger. After an X-ray revealed the current implant was broken, he scheduled surgery. I am eight weeks out from the surgery and have a STRAIGHT finger, no pain, THANK YOU DR. M!
Rogersville, TN 37857 |
Surgery was very successful. I would go back to him or recommend him to anyone.
in Kingsport, TN |
Dr. Marchessault is a very nice doctor and has helped and give my husband hope of getting rid of the pain in his hands from artithris. We highly recommend Dr. Marchessault and his staff.
in Kingsport, TN |
Dr Marchessault met with me and explained my options for my Dupuytren's Contracture. He was patient, through and provided me a written list of his points. We made a decision as a team about which procedure made the most sense for my situation. He was patient, through and I didn't feel rushed. I have great respect for him after our meetings and procedure.
in Kingsport ,TN |
Dr. Marchessault is very caring and answered all my questions and concerns. He spent a lot of time explaining my options and was patient and made me feel that I was his only patient. My procedure was a success and I'm so happy he was recommended to me. I would go back and will recommend him to family and friends. Hands down, he is the best!
in Church Hill, TN |
I felt very fortunate to have met Dr. Marchessault after I broke my wrist last summer. He went to great lengths to explain my treatment options, the outcomes I should expect from surgery, and what the recovery process would look like. He took the time to listen to my concerns, and I never felt like my appointments were cut short or rushed. I appreciated his genuine level of concern for my well-being, and I always left his office with a positive outlook on my progress.
in Johnson City, TN |
Dr. Marchessault was the most professional, caring person I have dealt with in an extended period of time. The reason for the visit was for my 2 year old granddaughter. After reading Dr. Marchessaults' credentials, military background, you would have a hard time convincing me is not a pediatric specialist. He exemplifies compassion, understanding, expertise and above all true care for his patient. It will be with pride I recommend him as a #1 Professional Orthopedic Doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey A. Marchessault, MD?
Are you Dr. Jeffrey A. Marchessault, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Marchessault

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Marchessault's Board Certifications

• Hand Surgery

Dr. Marchessault says..

Thumb arthritis, particularly the basal joint (carpometacarpal or CMC joint), is an area of personal interest. I learned proven techniques in hand fellowship that allow me to provide patients with consistent results.  The procedure reliably relieves pain and improves function of the thumb and hand.  I perform these surgeries as an outpatient, same day surgery.

The unique character of the thumb's anatomy and 4 consecutive joints are vital to full hand function.  The challenge of thumb arthritis is to ensure the cause of pain is identified and that the effects of the adjacent joints are addressed. Pain in the hand and wrist sometimes attributed to carpal tunnel syndrome can in fact be CMC joint pain. For these reasons, I am involved in research with residents at Holston Valley Hospital to validate special X-ray views of the arthritic thumb and a novel surgical approach to arthritis involving the metacarpophalangeal joint of the fingers to improve our understanding of these common maladies.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Amputated Finger
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Femur Fracture
  • Finger Disorders
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Pain
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Hyperthrophic Scar
  • Knee Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences

Completed in 2004

Allegheny General Hosp
    University Of Massachusetts / Amherst

Graduated in 1987

Dr. Marchessault has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Marchessault does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marchessault and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Marchessault's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  • Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Marchessault

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Marchessault's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Marchessault

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Marchessault's Care Philosophy