Dr. Jeffrey Marchessault, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Marchessault, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Jeffrey Marchessault, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Kingsport, TN. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Read his story

430 W Ravine Rd

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Health Net
  • HealthPlus

Learn about Dr. Marchessault

See how frequently Dr. Marchessault performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hand or Wrist Tendon Transfer
Wrist Replacement
Osteoarthritis of Hands

Dr. Marchessault's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Marchessault's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Marchessault " Dr. Marchessault is a board certified orthopedic surgeon. He also has Certification of Additional Qualification in hand surgery after completing fellowship training in hand, wrist, elbow and microvascular surgery at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. Dr. Marchessault is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, and the American Association of Hand Surgeons. He graduated Summa Cum Laude at the University of Massachusetts before attending the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, the only military medical school in the nation. Dr. Marchessault is a 28 year military veteran having served 3 years in the Army and 25 years in the Air Force. He served as a Flight Surgeon in both the U.S. Special Operations and the 18th Fighter Wing before studying orthopedic surgery in Lubbock, Texas. There, he met his wife Michelle, where they married and now have two wonderful daughters. He served tours in Iraq, then Afghanistan, as an orthopedic surgeon, earning the Meritorious Service Medal. He now performs medical missionary work in Haiti every year as a member of an orthopaedic team on behalf of the CRUDEM foundation. Dr. Marchessault is active in clinical research regarding osteoarthritis of the thumb. He has developed a new x-ray view to assess thumb stability that will help guide surgical treatment recommendations that has been accepted for publication in "Hand". He has also developed a technique to treat finger arthritis that avoids using silicone or plastic implants that can break. Dr. Marchessault prides himself most of all on educating patients on what their problem is, what the non-surgical and surgical treatment options are, and a shared decision-making process between he and his patients."

This content was provided by Dr. Marchessault "The hand has once been quoted as, "the creator of human civilization". It is an amazing part of our body I have passionately studied and learned to treat. I want future patients to know I will take time to get to know their problem, listen to their expectations and work toward a plan to reach those expectations."

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Finger Disorders
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Pain
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Hyperthrophic Scar
  • Knee Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement
  • Wrist Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Massachusetts / Amherst
  • Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Allegheny General Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Marchessault has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Marchessault does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marchessault and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Marchessault's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Marchessault to family and friends
Dr. Marchessault's Performance
in Wise, VA |
Dr Marchessault far exceeds a 5 star rating. Not only does he excel in results with surgery but you will never meet a nicer and more knowledgeable man. He is more than a surgeon We have been blessed to have met him.
in Gate City, VA |
Dr. Marchessault did surgery on my right hand on November 22, 2016. My first two fingers joints were bone to bone causing severe pain. He replaced the material between the joints. Since the surgery there has been very little pain. I am able to use my hand to complete any task that I desire with no pain. A great Surgeon and person.
in Not incorporated |
After the traumatic amputation of my dominant right hand (8/28/2017) Dr. Marchessault revised the amputation site to enhance my ability to use a prosthesis. Surgery was totally successful and my arm healed pain-free in less than a month. With a prosthesis I am now nearly as functional as before the accident. Dr. Marchessault is a skilled surgeon who treated me with care and compassion. He understood and addressed my concerns and convinced me that loss of a limb was not the end of the world
in Kingsport, TN |
Dr. Marchessault was the orthopedist on call the weekend my back spasms started. He made sure I could see him first thing Monday morning. He was very patient and caring and listened to my concerns.
in Kingsport, TN |
I have spent the last several months working with Dr. Marchessault to relieve the pain in my left hand and thumb. Dr. Marchessault listened carefully to my concerns and tried to do the least invasive surgery to get the best results for me. I would highly recommend Dr. Marchessault to anyone with an upper extremity issue.
in Kingsport, TN |
I would recommend Dr. Marchessault. to anyone having hand or wrist issues. He went over all possible ways to help with the issue I was having and decided on the best treatment for my situation. He and his staff were very patient and reassuring and i am very pleased with the outcome of my procedure.
in Kingsport, Tn |
Dr Marchessault is a very caring and compassionate surgeon. When my daughter broke her thumb twice he was the only physician I would trust with her care. He was so good to her and made her feel at ease. She really felt comfortable with the care she received. I would highly recommend him to all my family and friends.
in Kingsport, TN |
Dr. Marchessault treated my injury and led me through aftercare in the best way possible, with patience and kindness.
in Church Hill, TN |
I am a 62 yr old female. I had surgery on my thumb and trigger finger 6/30/17. Dr Marchessault did my surgery. I could not have found better care anywhere. I am now 6 1/2 weeks out and already released to do what I need to do. I highly recommend Dr Jeffrey Marchessault, he is highly skilled, and takes the time to answer your questions and keeps you informed. I would personally have given him 10 stars if allowed to do so. No more pain and locking up in that hand. "Thanks, Dr Marchessault."
in Nickelsville, VA |
Dr. Marchessault was great from beginning to end! Dealing with a car wreck and surgery on your primary wrist is hard enough, but he took out all the guesswork. My surgery was quick and healed quickly!
in Kingsport, TN |
He did elaborate surgery on my thumb removed one small bone and reattached a new tendon he explained it in details I heeled in a record time and the scars healing great you can hardly see any after 6 weeks . I recommend Dr Marchesault with enthusiasm
in Church Hill Tennessee |
I thank God for Dr. Marchessault. He is an excellent surgeon in many ways I am sure but proof in my hand is wonderful. I have come to know of his integrity, service to our Country as well as our community and myself included. He has been very informative and also sincere to help me as a person and not just as another patient. I believe the Lord Jesus caused our paths to cross of this I am certain. I have had all positive experiences in my cutting accident concerning Dr. Marchessault.
in Bristol, TN |
On March 6th, I met Dr. Marchessault who recommended I needed LRTI. His knowledge and professionalism along with his caring nature, gave me confidence of his ability to correct any issues I might have. The surgery was a success and I can feel I am getting better every day. I would highly recommend this amazing doctor to anyone. I cannot say enough about him or his wonderful staff. I feel truly blessed to have met them all.
in Kingsport, TN |
Dr Marchessault did Carpel Tunnel surgery on my right hand. He did such a great job with only a half inch cut (approximately) in the lower palm of my hand. I was so well treated and it was very successful.
Greeneville, TN |
You can tell this man is very smart; however, he is the rudest physician I have ever met--absolutely no bedside manner or empathy at all. He blamed my mother for dislocating her hip while she was simply laying in bed after this was the 4th dislocation due to the error of a partner in his practice.
in Jonesville Va |
Very kind and considerate doctor.I had thumb surgery on both thumbs,Dr. Marchessault did an excellent job on both. Recommended him to my brother and he did surgery on his right thumb and going to have his left one done. We are both completely satisfied with Dr Marchessault. Best hand surgeon around. Would recommend him to anyone.
in Kingsport, TN |
Dr. Marchessault performed a Left Thumb Trapeziectomy with Flexor Tendon Transfer for me. During our pre-op evaluation he described the procedure in detail in layman's terms. Both pros and cons were discussed as well as what I could expect as a final result and how long the recovery would take. I'm on the recovery road, exactly where he said I should be without the pain I had before the procedure. There's a small scar, but you have to know where to look to find it. Thanks, Dr. Marchessault!
in Johnson City, TN |
Dr. Marchessault has performed 6 operations on both of my hands. Carpal tunnel both hands CMC on left thumb Trigger fingers on both hands with tremendous success. His surgeries have relieved me of all pain and I now can work using both hands. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Marchessault to anyone no matter how difficult your Orthopaedic need is. My recoveries have been swift practically no pain. DAN T. DYER
in Kingsport, TN |
I loved Dr. Marchessault from the moment I met him. He is such a kind, compassionate, caring,person. He always had time to listen to my concerns and explain everything in detail to me. He always took as much time as needed to spend with me. I never felt rushed or like he was in a hurry. I have had 2 hand surgeries in the last 3 years and he has done a wonderful job in fixing them. I have referred several people to him. He rates 100% in my book. Thank you for taking such good care of me.
in Kingsport, TN |
I ran from this butcher! Came in with a torn TFCC and Dr. M wanted told me these words: "I have had patients wake up surprised." He then told me that if I had any damage to the RT or LT he would do an Ulnar Shorting; as he felt doing a minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery would be a waste of time and just to prepare for some life changing activities. He couldnt have been more wrong. Yes I had all 3 ligs torn and thanks to Wake Forest's technology I was 100% in a month! AVOID THIS FOOL!
Foremost, I am glad you were able to have your wrist pain taken care of in the manner you were seeking. Your comment tells me I failed to make the complex anatomy of the wrist ligaments and the various options of care in treating wrist injuries with and without arthroscopy, an easy decision for you. I will continue to strive to meet each person's expectations with open discussion on the risks and benefits of surgery. Thank you for your candor.
in kingsport, tn |
Lois Young Dobyns, September 6,2016 I think the practice of "good Medicine" incorporates art as well as science. The art of medicine is genuine respect, compassion and concern for the patient. As the science of medicine has advanced, the art has lessened greatly. Dr. Marchessault balances the practice of the art and science in his care. His technical expertise allows me to retain full use of a badly damaged hand and wrist while his caring approach has been a blessing. He is outstanding.
in Johnson City, TN |
I came to see Dr. Marchessault with a very deformed finger that had slowly bent over my pinkie. At first evaluation, it appeared that there was little that could be done. When I returned for a follow up, he had discussed this situation with other doctors and said he would attempt to fix the finger. After an X-ray revealed the current implant was broken, he scheduled surgery. I am eight weeks out from the surgery and have a STRAIGHT finger, no pain, THANK YOU DR. M!
in Kingsport, TN |
I liked the care he gave and I believe he is an excellent doctor.
Rogersville, TN 37857 |
Surgery was very successful. I would go back to him or recommend him to anyone.
in Kingsport, TN |
Dr. Marchessault is a very nice doctor and has helped and give my husband hope of getting rid of the pain in his hands from artithris. We highly recommend Dr. Marchessault and his staff.
in Kingsport, TN |
Dr Marchessault met with me and explained my options for my Dupuytren's Contracture. He was patient, through and provided me a written list of his points. We made a decision as a team about which procedure made the most sense for my situation. He was patient, through and I didn't feel rushed. I have great respect for him after our meetings and procedure.
in Kingsport ,TN |
Dr. Marchessault is very caring and answered all my questions and concerns. He spent a lot of time explaining my options and was patient and made me feel that I was his only patient. My procedure was a success and I'm so happy he was recommended to me. I would go back and will recommend him to family and friends. Hands down, he is the best!
in Church Hill, TN |
I felt very fortunate to have met Dr. Marchessault after I broke my wrist last summer. He went to great lengths to explain my treatment options, the outcomes I should expect from surgery, and what the recovery process would look like. He took the time to listen to my concerns, and I never felt like my appointments were cut short or rushed. I appreciated his genuine level of concern for my well-being, and I always left his office with a positive outlook on my progress.
in Johnson City, TN |
Dr. Marchessault was the most professional, caring person I have dealt with in an extended period of time. The reason for the visit was for my 2 year old granddaughter. After reading Dr. Marchessaults' credentials, military background, you would have a hard time convincing me is not a pediatric specialist. He exemplifies compassion, understanding, expertise and above all true care for his patient. It will be with pride I recommend him as a #1 Professional Orthopedic Doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Marchessault, MD?

Visit Dr. Marchessault