Dr. Jeffrey Maltzman, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Maltzman, MD

Ophthalmology  ·
Dr. Jeffrey Maltzman, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Tucson, AZ and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from Umdnj--Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 1997 and specializes in ophthalmology, anterior segment ophthalmology, and more.Read his story

10425 N Oracle Rd Ste 135

Tucson, AZ 85737

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Maltzman

See how frequently Dr. Maltzman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Glaucoma
Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Maltzman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Maltzman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Maltzman "Dr. Maltzman has been practicing in Tucson for over 15 years, specializing in cataract surgery as well as the medical and surgical management of glaucoma. He enjoys developing a strong relationship with each patient, and believes strongly that physician and patient must work together to achieve the best outcomes and to maintain excellent eye health. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor of ophthalmology at the University of Arizona and enjoys helping train the next generation of physicians. Dr. Maltzman is also very active in organized medicine, where he serves in leadership roles with both the American Academy of Ophthalmology as well as the Arizona Ophthalmological Society. In his free time, Dr. Maltzman enjoys spending time with his wife and two high-school aged children. He is an avid landscape and nature photographer, with images published regularly in Arizona Highways Magazine."

This content was provided by Dr. Maltzman "We have been providing outstanding eye care to patients of all ages in Tucson and southern Arizona for over 30 years. It is our sincere desire to provide you and your family with warm, personal care and service. Our dedicated staff work together to achieve that goal. Though our primary job is to take care of you, we also want to educate you about your eyes, so that you have the knowledge and power needed to take an active role in your eye health. We encourage you to read about your condition (there's lots of great information on our informative web site) and ask plenty of questions. We firmly believe that a knowledgeable patient is a healthier patient. Your vision is precious. We are privileged to help you maintain it at its best. Thank you for choosing us as your eye care professionals."

• Ophthalmology

• YAG Iridotomy
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy
  • YAG Laser Surgery
  • YAG Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Tufts University
  • Baylor College Of Medicine/Cullen Eye Institute
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Tufts-New England Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Maltzman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Maltzman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Maltzman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Maltzman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Maltzman to family and friends

Dr. Maltzman's Performance

Dr. Maltzman Says:
"

I want to thank my patients for taking the time to rate me and my practice, and for providing valuable feedback. These reviews help potential new patients find us, giving them a "feel" for our philosophy of care. They also help us to identify any areas where improvement is needed, as we constantly seek to improve and to provide the highest quality eye care in a comforting environment.

Please feel free to contact any member

...

I appreciate that he is up front with me, explaining my issues clearly. Staff is exceptionally helpful and friendly. I do highly recommend this practice. We have been patients here for many years.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Maltzman detected a problem with my retina and directed me to an excellent professional which saved my eyesight. He worked with this other doctor to determine the correct time for my cataract surgery which was a great success. Dr. Maltzman has given me the greatest gift, great eyesight. He...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I had been unsuccessfully treated with eye drops for Glaucoma for 1.5 years prior to seeing Dr. Maltzman. He immediately scheduled surgery and even came in on a Saturday when I had extreme pain in my eye. The surgery went very successful and did not require any adjustments as is often needed. I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Maltzman is clear and articulate describing what is going on. He has a good personality and gives the impression that he cares about you as a patient. My experience having the cataracts removed from both eyes was excellent. I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have been Dr. Maltzman's patient for several years since moving to the Tucson area in 2002. He provides excellent service. He explains particular conditions intelligently and for a layman's understanding. I recently had cataracts removed from both eyes and lens adjustments made. I now have 20/20...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0