Dr. Jeffrey Maltzman, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Maltzman, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 47 years old

We have been providing outstanding eye care to patients of all ages in Tucson and southern Arizona for over 30 years. It is our sincere desire to provide you and your family with warm, personal care and service. Our dedicated staff work together to achieve that goal. Though our primary job is to take care of you, we also want to educate you about your eyes, so that you have the knowledge and power needed to take an active role in your eye health. We encourage you to read about your condition (there's lots of great information on our informative web site) and ask plenty of questions. We firmly believe that a knowledgeable patient is a healthier patient. Your vision is precious. We are privileged to help you maintain it at its best. Thank you for choosing us as your eye care professionals.Read more

Dr. Maltzman's Experience

See how Dr. Maltzman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Maltzman

Dr. Maltzman accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Maltzman has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Maltzman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Maltzman to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Maltzman
Dr. Maltzman's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (118)
Dr. Maltzman Says:

I want to thank my patients for taking the time to rate me and my practice, and for providing valuable feedback. These reviews help potential new patients find us, giving them a "feel" for our philosophy of care. They also help us to identify any areas where improvement is needed, as we constantly seek to improve and to provide the highest quality eye care in a comforting environment....

in Tucson, AZ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Maltzman for several years. He has performed surgery on myself and my husband and both of us have been extremely happy with our results. Dr. Maltaman explained the procedures to us completely and made sure we were comfortable with the surgeries. I am a diabetic so I follow with Dr. Maltzman yearly. I am always pleased with how professional all the staff in his office is. I never feel like my appointment is rushed.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Maltzman and staff took very good care of my needs I'm extremely pleased with the outcome of my cataract surgery. Thank you Dr. Maltzman and staff I can see again!!
in Saddlebrooke, AZ |
I recently had cataract surgery done by Dr. Maltzman at his new and modern opthomoligical surgical center. I cannot describe how totally impressed I was with his knowledge, gentleness and concern for a wonderful patient outcome. I am a registered nurse and not easily impressed but he goes over the top to insure the best outcome possible with no pain.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Maltzman is an excellent Ophthalmologist! He is always attentive to patient-needs and regularly provides clear feedback regarding my glaucoma. It is evident that Dr. Maltzman is extremely knowledgeable and up-to-date on current research/information in his field. Importantly, he utilizes the most current instrumentation to assess and track my disease. Dr. Maltzman is an outstanding professional and I feel very fortunate to be in his care
in Tucson, AZ |
We have recommended Dr. Maltzman to many of our friends. He is very attentive, knowledgeable, and answers all questions we may have. He's young and brilliant in his field. We currently switched to another higher premium insurance just because Dr. Maltzman is in the network. He is worth every penny!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Maltzman was very engaged and attentive. He answered questions thoroughly and provided alternatives clearly. I came to him for cataract surgery after a less pleasant experience with another provider. Due to prior Lasik correction, my course was somewhat complicated, but he and the rest of the staff were professional and responsive throughout the process. The whole practice seemed first rate.
in Vail, AZ |
Dr. Maltzman performed cataract surgery on both eyes. He was knowledgeable, took time to explain procedures, executed the surgery with a high level of competence, and was both caring and professional in follow up visits. He, his associates, and his staff all treated me with courtesy and respect. I'd highly recommend his services.
in Oro Valley, AZ |
My experience with Dr. Maltzman has been excellent. I believe he enjoys his work as a physician and caring for his patients. He is competent and very comfortable with his command of medical knowledge and skills. He explains the results of his tests and any recommendations very clearly. He listens carefully to any questions or concerns I have and responds in ways I understand. I am happy and satisfied to have Dr. Maltzman as my physician.
Tucson, AZ |
I am retired physician who recently saw Dr. Maltzman for my deteriorating vision due to cataracts in both eyes. Dr. Maltzman was concise and patient explaining the surgeries, which I subsequently went on to have. During surgery, Dr. Maltzman was supportive and careful, as he was in my post-operative visits. Post operatively my vision is 20/20 without glasses. Dr. Maltzman is not only competent, but he is kind. One could not ask for more in a physician.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Maltzman has performed cataract removal surgery on both my eyes. I had positive experiences before/during and after both surgeries. He is not only proficent as a surgeon, this is a doctor who listens and takes the time to respond to your questions and needs. This is what anyone who cares about their eye health or health overall would like to have but does not always get. I think Dr. Maltzman is exceptional in this regard.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr Maltzman is a true professional who has extensive knowledge of the eyes and problems/complications. He expertly performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes in July 2016 without any pain or complications. I highly recommend Dr Maltzman to my family, friends and anyone else if I got the opportunity. He is extremely approachable, courteous and an expert in his medical field. After serving 30 years in the U.S. Air Force and 10 years at the VA Hospital in Tucson, he's the best I've ever seen.
in Tucson, AZ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Maltzman's for 11 years. His ability, professionalism and genuine concern are remarkable. I recently encountered a situation which left an almost imperceptible tear in my retina. Dr. Maltzman caught this and referred me for laser surgery which corrected the condition. I have now fully recovered and believe his cautiousness and skill are to be credited. I encourage anyone to entrust their eye care to Dr. Maltzman!
in Marana, Arizona |
Dr. Maltzman is very professional, his examinations are extremely thorough, and he takes time to listen to my concerns and answers all my questions. I never feel like I am taking too much of his time, nor do I feel rushed. Dr. Maltzman is very caring and generous with his time. I have recommended Dr. Maltzman to a lot of my friends and co-workers. He is just the best!
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr Maltzman has been my ophthalmologist for more than a decade. He and his staff have been consistently excellent in every way, during routine exams and, most recently, cataract surgery. I recommend him and his practice with great confidence.
in Tucson, AZ |
Very careful diagnostician, taking time to explain what and why he is performing a test, without causing anxiety. He is also conscious of patient expenses, noting only when a new prescription for corrective lenses is truly warranted.
in Oro Valley, AZ |
Dr Maltzman is a great doctor. He goes over all the test results with you and explains everything. He is very thorough and is genuinely interested in your eye health. The staff is great too.
in Arizona |
Every aspect of time spent from consultation through follow up was a+. Couldn't imagine a more positive experience. I especially like my 20/15 vision !!
in Tucson, AZ |
Had surgery two different times and it was an excellent experience. My vision is much clearer and precise. The Dr. and his Staff have the process of surgery and eye care down to a fine science.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr Maltzman has been treating me for glaucoma, and has informed me about the condition. I feel he has taken all the appropriate steps in my treatment and has arrested the condition. He's a nice guy to talk to and I am happy with his service.
in Tucson, AZ |
I highly recommend Dr. Maltzman to everyone who is looking for an excellent doctor. He is thorough is his exams, takes the time to explain everything, is friendly and kind and obviously very intelligent. I trust him completely.
in Tucson, AZ |
DR Maltzman is absolutely the best. He is brilliant and caring and complete in his analysis and follow through. And he is a great communicator and helps the patient fully understand their issues. I can commend him to the highest level Ten stars if possible.
in Tucson AZ |
He's thorough,caring, and never rushed.
Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Maltzman has been treating me for four years. In addition to his expertise, I recommend him on the basis of his businesslike but friendly manner, and despite his busy schedule, he never seems rushed. He is an excellent communicator, offering clear information about my particular form of glaucoma, and adding more context when I have asked. Eye problems can obviously cause anxiety, so the qualities I have listed are important to me. In summary, I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Maltzman.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Maltzman has been my doctor for many years. He is a very knowlegeable, reassuring, and personable doctor. He takes the time to explain things to me and listens to my questions and/or concerns. I highly reccomend him to anyone looking for an A+ ophthalmologist in Tucson, Az.
in Tucson, AZ |
I have Glacoma and he has been my doctor since moving to Tucson over seven years ago.
in Tucson, AZ |
I have been a patient of Dr. Maltzman for about 7 years. I have found him personable and gregarious. He listens to his patients, and does not rush you out of the office. We travel at least 40 minutes to his office for our appointments. I will say without any doubt that the trip is worth it. This is one excellent Doctor. I have recommended him to my friends and co workers.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Maltzman is friendly, knowledgeable and explains eye exams clearly.
in Tucson, AZ |
I would recommend Dr. Maltzman to anyone with complete confidence. He is the kind of doctor that I hope would be recommended to me by someone whose opinion I respect.
Great,Great and Great. The nicest and attentive staff posisible
in Oro Valley, AZ |
Dr. Maltzman is always very clear with explanations regarding my eye issues and how we will proceed . He talked me through a cataract surgery making me feel comfortable at a time when I would normally be nervous. I trust him completely and would gladly recommend him to my friends.
in Tucson, AZ |
He is the best, puts you at ease. Explains procedure, and any other care you my need. I recomend him to everyone I talk to. I am so amazed at how well I see.
Tucson, AZ |
I no longer feel the need to travel from Tucson to New York to visit a top glaucoma specialist because Dr. Maltzman is my eye doctor now. He has performed cataract surgery on both my eyes and I have excellent results. For the first time in 64 years, I have 20/20 vision. It's truly amazing to be able to see clearly. My visits with Dr. Maltzman are stress free....he listens to my needs and performs the necessary checks quickly and expertly. I highly recommend him.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Maltzman was the fourth (4th) Doctor I consulted about an eye problem, the other Dr's. came to a conclusion that was not consistent with the problem. After an examination and discusion we came to an agreement on a treatment that resolved the ploblem. I am relying on Dr. Maltzmans care to keep my eye health at good level.
in Oro Valley, AZ |
Dr. Maltzman is an excellent surgeon. He made my cataract surgery as fearless as possible. He explains everything thoroughly, gives you all your options and makes you feel confident. At the time of my surgery he implanted lenses for my monovision and today I have 20/20 vision at age 70 and no glasses. My surgery was 3 years ago and I have been back to see him for a checkup each year since and my vision has not changed at all since the surgery. I would recommend him to everyone!
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Maltzman, MD?
Are you Dr. Maltzman?

Compare Dr. Maltzman

Dr. Maltzman's Care Philosophy

Dr. Maltzman says...

Please feel free to contact any member of our staff to address an issue, get an answer to a question, or just to say hello!  You can reach us by phone at 520-293-6740.

Dr. Maltzman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Maltzman has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Maltzman's Board Certifications

Tufts-New England Medical Center

Completed in 2002

Tufts University

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Maltzman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Maltzman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology