Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Levin

Central Valley Neurology

1541 Florida Ave Ste 300 Modesto, CA 95350

Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD is a neurology specialist in Modesto, CA and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from Ross University, School Of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in neurology and pediatric neurology.

Dr. Levin accepts

Dr. Levin accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Staywell (Wellcare)
PacifiCare HMO
Wellcare of Georgia
Medicaid

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Levin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Levin's Top Procedures and Conditions

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Levin treats Carpal Tunnel Syndrome more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Levin treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

EEG (Electroencephalogram)

Dr. Levin performs EEG (Electroencephalogram) more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Levin performs this procedure more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• 24-Hour Ambulatory Electroencephalogram
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Levin treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 97% of his peers

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

20.481927710843372%

Dr. Levin?
Dr. Levin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD
This place is pretty bad. Wish I would've read the reviews, I would've asked my doctor for a referral elsewhere. The doctor is rude, the receptionists are. The wait is horrible. I waited once for 2 hours and saw the dr for 5 mins tops. It took them 3 weeks to get them to send a referral for a sleep study. The receptionist said because they have that many patients. I only gave it star so I could leave a review. Why have that many patients where you can't even take care of a referral in a timely manner and then be condescending when I call to check. Lady didn't even ask me who I was or my info before giving me a lecture about being patient that it takes so long to get to it. For all you knew it may have been a months and she wouldn't have bothered to make sure it even got done until I pointed it out to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
If I could give a negative I would. He does not respect his patients time and gives opinions not diagnosis. He immediately stated I had a stroke. I do not believe I have had a stroke. When asked why he believed that he said my left side is a little week. I told him my left side has been week my whole adult life (I am 55). He retorted with, I didn’t say it was recent. Then “that’s just my opinion, you came here for my opinion”. I went for an EEG and he will not release the results to me. BAD DR
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
My daughter was referred for having almost constant headaches. The first appointment was a sleep-deprived EEG test, no dr. 2nd appointment we waited 3 hours in a crowded waiting room. I was handed three prescriptions for my young daughter with a page on migraines. No exam. one is for allergies, one is an anti-nausea med, and third is for migraine headaches. He ordered an MRI and bloodwork. MRI was denied by insurance. I was told to go back to our primary dr. Headaches...untreated. Bloodwork?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
What Dr Levin lacks in promptness and bedside manner he makes up for in excellence as a doctor. You don't see a neurologist to make a friend anyways. He knows his stuff, more so than any other specialist I have seen over the years. Helped me tremendously. Thanks doc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
DO NOT GO TO THIS HERE, had 9 am appt dr didn't show till 10:30 then didn't see me for another hour, finally get in to the appt and all he wants to do is tell me how unacceptable to was for me to bring my twins with me,the appt lasted about 5 mins i decided i was never going back, 2 years later I found out he had put a medical restriction on my CDL with no EEG no MRI no loss of consciousness no seizures. I am planning to sue, class action anyone?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
I had the exact same nightmare experience as other 1 star reviewers. After waiting well over an hour, he talked at me for a few minutes then abruptly told me my diagnosis. He gave me a small pamphlet describing the devastating disease and sent me on my way. I was shocked, shocked that a doctor could be so callous and uncaring. He did not ask me ONE question about symptoms, my lifestyle, nothing. I filed a complaint with my insurance carrier. Horrible, worst Dr. visit EVER!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
Spend at least 3 hr's each visit for him to come in for 7 minutes every time. He doesn't let you talk and doesn't care if you like it or not.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
This was the worst Dr I have ever been to. Sat in office for three hours. Gave me meds I did not need or ask for. Lied about the dosage of the med. Tried to dx me with five different things that I do not have. I have lodged a formal complaint against him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
This dr is too quick to say someone has seizures and pull their license and give unnecessary medication. He also asked if I have bean the same weight now as in high school. I mean that's RUDE..!! I ignored it and started to asked questions he did get irritated and would not listen to what I was saying needless to say he refuse to help in any way for that particular patient to get license back because they didn’t need the medication and refuse to take it. Would never recommend to anyone..!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
Rude, arrogant, pompous.... what other adjective should I use. He talked over me. Interrupted me when I tried to ask questions. I waited over an hour to see this man. Please, find someone else. He has no interest in working with you on your healthcare. He wants you to accept that he is an expert and you should sit there quietly. He made a bold diagnosis without letting me finish giving detail about my experience. If only I could rate him with ZERO stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
I waited for over one hour, only to have him talk over me. He became highly irritated when I asked questions, and he did not let me finish a single question. I want a doctor who is the expert, yes, but also listens to me and sees my healthcare as a partnership. This man is boorish and arrogant. You can absolutely do better than this man! If this review would allow me to rate ZERO stars, I would.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin It's hard to say but I will never see him again, or recommended Dr. Levin to anyone. He is very expensive and you get nothing for your money. Gave me a diagnosis that I don't have. I would avoid Dr. Levin at all cost.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
This dr is too quick to say someone has seizures and pull their license and give unnecessary medication but will refuse to help in any way for that patient to get license back because they didn’t need the medication and refuse to take it. Would never recommend anyone to him EVER!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
I would not recommend. He is rude, he doesn’t give you the time to even explain your issues. Wait time is ridiculous, they schedule an appointment and he isn’t even in the office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
I would give less than 1 star if possible. Dr Levin is arrogant, talks over you, and has an ego to size of an elephant. I would never recommend him or see him again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
Waited over 1 hr for a procedure. When i asked they said he is double booked that day, something i found out that he does a lot, so it was about another hoir before i would be seen. I said no thank you recieved a refund of my co pay and went directly to my pcp referals office and switched referrels to anotger MD.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
Dr. Levin has been such a help in not only diagnosing but finding the best treatment for my head injury. Not only has Dr. Levin been patient and kind, his span of knowledge has given me referral to my needed specialist. I have been very happy with his office staff also. Due to Dr. Levin's patient load wait can be extended however staff let me know at check-in. Definitely recommend to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
An arrogant doctor with no time for patients. Looking at my one test he decided my past neurologists were wrong and I don't have epilepsy. Thanks for nothing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
I was scheduled for an appointment to go over results from my EEG. I took a whole day off for that test (unpaid). I was scheduled to see Dr. Levin at 9 am. 9:25 comes around, so I ask his front desk how long is it going to be. She looks at me and says, "I am not even going to lie to you, he isn't even here yet." I left 10 min later, being told they would send the results to my primary. If I hadn't shown I would be charged $50. Very unprofessional for a Dr. to not know his schedule.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
I wouldn't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy, he was so rude. I was with the patient he was seeing he'd ask a question and interrupt with another question before she could answer the question. He said he didn't have time for her because she was from another county. Even though she was referred to him. Isn't a doctor supposed to be caring, polite and have a friendly disposition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Levin?

• Neurology

1985
1984
1983
1979

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Levin treats patients.

Compare Providers