Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Modesto, CA. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

1541 Florida Ave Ste 300

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • CareSource

Learn about Dr. Levin

See how frequently Dr. Levin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

EEG (Electroencephalogram)
Headache
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Levin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vasculitis
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)

No malpractice history found for California.

• Pennsylvania State University / College Of Medicine
  • George Washington University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Chldns Hospital National Mc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Levin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Levin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Levin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Levin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Levin to family and friends
1.9
Dr. Levin's Performance
Modesto, CA |
I would not recommend. He is rude, he doesn’t give you the time to even explain your issues. Wait time is ridiculous, they schedule an appointment and he isn’t even in the office.
Modesto |
I would give less than 1 star if possible. Dr Levin is arrogant, talks over you, and has an ego to size of an elephant. I would never recommend him or see him again.
Ceres, CA |
Waited over 1 hr for a procedure. When i asked they said he is double booked that day, something i found out that he does a lot, so it was about another hoir before i would be seen. I said no thank you recieved a refund of my co pay and went directly to my pcp referals office and switched referrels to anotger MD.
in Arcata , California |
Dr. Levin has been such a help in not only diagnosing but finding the best treatment for my head injury. Not only has Dr. Levin been patient and kind, his span of knowledge has given me referral to my needed specialist. I have been very happy with his office staff also. Due to Dr. Levin's patient load wait can be extended however staff let me know at check-in. Definitely recommend to others.
Modesto, CA |
An arrogant doctor with no time for patients. Looking at my one test he decided my past neurologists were wrong and I don't have epilepsy. Thanks for nothing.
Modesto, CA |
I was scheduled for an appointment to go over results from my EEG. I took a whole day off for that test (unpaid). I was scheduled to see Dr. Levin at 9 am. 9:25 comes around, so I ask his front desk how long is it going to be. She looks at me and says, "I am not even going to lie to you, he isn't even here yet." I left 10 min later, being told they would send the results to my primary. If I hadn't shown I would be charged $50. Very unprofessional for a Dr. to not know his schedule.
Lathrop, ca |
I wouldn't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy, he was so rude. I was with the patient he was seeing he'd ask a question and interrupt with another question before she could answer the question. He said he didn't have time for her because she was from another county. Even though she was referred to him. Isn't a doctor supposed to be caring, polite and have a friendly disposition.
in Turlock, CA |
What a waste of time. Had an Mri and nerve conduction study showing there were problems. Dr. stated that since I was on Medical he couldn't help me and I have to live with it. There is one lady in the office that is very rude. It was like you were bothering her.
The worst experience with this "Dr" I had to wait like 2hrs to be seen and I was early to my appt 30 minutes before !!! My appt was for my test results,,, He didn't "bother" to tell me what my test results showed yet he did bother to ask if I was from U.S. and then answered himself o you're from Mexico I proudly said yes !!!! He just checked my eyes , made me walk in tip toes and that only took him 2 darn minutes ,, He said "I will be right back" He never did !! Then the nurse came in the room!
in Modesto, CA |
I don't know alote about seizures I do understand there's many different kinds and medications for treatment my son was diagnosed 2 years ago with seizures it can be scary and over whelming my son was seen by a certain doc that prescribed my son wrong medication so for 2 years watching my son go threw what he went threw was awful and heart breaking so recently we went to doc levin and he understood every thing and prescribed my son the right medication and EEg test came back normal awesome doc
Modesto, CA |
Staff is rude and do not submit paperwork timely. I always have to do a lot of follow-up to push anything through. Dr. Levin does not spend any time listening and rushes every appointment. He diagnosed me with MS yet will not be patient enough to listen to my concerns and literally waves me off. One appointment he only stuck one foot in the door for less than one minute after I waited for 2 hours (which is average wait time in his office so bring some reading material if you must see him.)
Modesto |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr Levin today during my nerve test. I was nervous after reading some of his online reviews but he was both very knowledgeable and personable. I will definitely be seeing him again. He made sure I didn't leave with any questions. He explained everything easily. He was very friendly!
in Stockton, CA |
Dr. Levin is veteran friendly, professional and understanding. Few doctors will see veterans because of the paperwork and slow payment by the VA but Dr. Levin will see veterans. After visiting the doctor he prescribed the medicine to ease the symptoms of Parkinson that the VA has no program for the veterans diagnosing Parkinson connected to Agent Orange. After the first prescription ran out the VA made it difficult to get it refiled, the Dr. staff made it happen.
in Turlock, CA |
He saw me in the hospital at 11pm but had been called about 1pm. His first comment was I was waiting for your family to leave. I beloved that to be true considering the late hour. He was rude, arrogant and also did not read my entire chart even though he had all day. He told me it was my allergies even though my left side was diminished. Then he wrote migraines as my diagnosis. I've never had a migraine and he didn't even mention that word during our brief encounter. Don't ever go to him!!!
in Turlock CA |
This doctor has been a life saver. I have had seizures that are medicine resistant. Nothing worked more than a very short while. Now I have a VNS. I have gone longer and longer without seizures. It is safe for me to go places now. God bless Dr Levin and Cyberoptics!!
in Turlock |
Only put one star so I could comment This Doctor is totally unprofessional, rude, does not even look at your chart. He is negligent and a liar. He makes assumptions and is totally unaware of the facts of why you are there. He did an EMG on me on the wrong part of my body. Did a tiny primary neurological assessment and I failed the one he did miserably.Condescending and negligent. NEVER SEE THIS DOCTOR. He talked over me, did not even know why I was there. He is a pompous donkey and a hazard.
in Sonora, CA |
After reading the negative reviews of Dr. Levin I was a little nervous to say the least. I was pleasantly surprised at the kindness and care I received at my visit. Yes the wait time was a little much, but when it came to my turn to see the Dr. he was very detailed and took his time to make sure that he understood my health concerns. It proved to me the timing issue was an matter of patient care and detail, rather than misuse of his time. Ill wait any day to receive that level of treatment.
Modesto |
If I could would give no stars. Dr was rude, talked bad about other doctors, didn't listen and actually walked out of the room while I was talking. Facility is outdated. Dr was unprepared had not reviewed my case prior to appointment.
in Stockton, CA |
Never, Ever would I recommend. I waited over 2 hours for results in the office. The front desk staff is RUDE. The doctor attacked my own neurologist and talked very poorly of other doctors. Offices are outdated and equipment is old. The customer service is awful. Just awful. Not totally sure of his skills, as he didnt take time to go over my results as much as slam my doctor. Please Please try to find an alternative before seeing this guy. (Also, not sure who the guy on his website is, not him)
in Keyes ca |
I felt he did not listen to my medical problem I've had migraines since I was 13 years old I've learned to manage them however as I've gotten older I e developed new symtoms and my migraines have gotten stronger and last longer he did not address any of those issues I felt humiliated. He diagnosed me with a totally different condition. He did not even offer or care to explain why I was experiencing those symptoms.
in Turlock, CA |
He talked over me, didn't listen. Didn't read my prescription amount correctly. Wrote it for 1/3 the amount needed over the holidays! He was rude, uncaring and I would highly suggest you look elsewhere.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Levin, MD?
Are you Dr. Levin?