Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 58

Dr. Lawrence

Gundersen Lutheran Viroqua Clinic

407 S Main St Viroqua, WI 54665

Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Viroqua, WI and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine in 1987 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and reconstructive orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Lawrence accepts

Dr. Lawrence accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Access Choice PPO
Blue Preferred HMO
Coventry Health Care
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Wisconsin

Check Dr. Lawrence's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Lawrence's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Lawrence treats Osteoarthritis of Knee more than 99% of his peers

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Lawrence treats Osteoarthritis more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Lawrence treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Total Joint Replacement and Revision
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

At the Viroqua Center for Orthopaedic Surgery, our team includes Randy Mickelson, P.A.C., Colin Kratochwill, P.A.C.,Kris Brueggen, N.P.,Mary Eitland,R.N., Geri Hall, R.N.,Janet Stalsberg, R.N.,Joyce Storms, R.N., Jennifer Stalsberg, M.A.,Shannon Brud...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Lawrence's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD
Total knee replacement
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
I chose to go to Dr. Lawrence for my knee replacements because of his reputation. Dr. Lawrence and his team are thorough and helpful. I had both of my knees replaced over a 5 month period and from the start of my appointments I was impressed by the team that Dr. Lawrence has put together. The education I received from his team gave me the confidence that if I follow their program I can expect less pain and more movement. I also believe that when you follow the information they give you - you become a part of their team and this education they give you makes you want to succeed. When Dr. Lawrence replaced my knees he also straighten my legs because I was going bowlegged. He uses computer guided equipment to straighten my legs. With technologies changing every day Dr. Lawrence and his team has to stay on top of their education so they can give us their best. I am 66 and I am walking further and on uneven surfaces without the pain I had before. Thank you Dr. Lawrence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
Dr. Lawrence replaced both of my hips 8 months apart. I was in increasing pain and disability for 5 years, and now, 3 months out of my last replacement, I have my life back!! My surgeries went so well, and I felt that I was listened to and given great advice , particularly to expedite the second surgery. I am most impressed that he recognized the pain I was in and validated it and got me back on his schedule ASAP. I appreciate the personal atmosphere of Dr. Lawrence's staff and the Viroqua hospital staff. The whole experience was so professional, caring, communicative and comforting. Most of all, the surgery itself turned out great both times. I am so thankful for Dr. Lawrence's clinic and and the fact that he is a great surgeon! He listens, and the surgery preparation and follow-up are awesome. He has good control over lots of variables and that made me very comfortable. A++++! And again, I am so thankful I chose Dr. Lawrence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
I needed to have both my knees replaced. Since Dr. Lawrence does not do both knees at the same time anymore, I asked him how closely he would do the two surgeries. Dr. Lawrence said that I needed to have flexibility and strength to a certain level/standard and he would do the second surgery 8 weeks later. I followed his protocol for home PT and OT faithfully as well as my outside PT. I was ready for my second surgery in 8 weeks. The staff at both Vernon Memorial Clinic and Hospital were amazing. They were very accommodating. My husband and I felt very welcomed every time we were in Viroqua...we live in Winona, Minnesota. I can honestly say that all my questions were answered in a way that I understood and any fears that I had were calmed. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Lawrence and his staff for replacement surgery!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
Before having knee replacement surgery with Dr. Lawrence I had heard many positive comments from former patients. After the surgery experience I can say that he has lived up to all the positive comments I have heard. Dr. Lawrence has assembled an excellent team and they work together to provide a very positive experience for patients. The educational components were invaluable and I felt very prepared for my surgery and post surgery experience. Everyone is encouraging, reassuring and responsive. My questions and concerns were addressed quickly and completely. My only negative is that their icing system is pretty primitive. If you can ,get an ice machine or an ice blanket before your surgery. It is much more effective and convenient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
I had complete knee replacement of both of my knees 3 months apart. I had great results. The protocol Dr. Lawrence and his team follow is superior! I am a 77 year old female, I did not need to use a walker or cane, I needed only 1 wk of physical therapy. I was walking stairs, grocery shopping in a large store and taking care of my home in less than a week. I experienced very little pain which was well managed. I did follow their instructions for stretching exercises which I feel is very important. I regret to say I do not usually exercise like I should, but I did follow Dr. Lawrence's instructions religiously.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
Dr. Lawrence is truly a highly skilled and equally compassionate surgeon. He was attentive to my needs and concerns both before and after surgery. While my recent visit was the first routine follow up for knee replacement, after thoroughly addressing the six questions I had prepared he also took time to explain an attendant hip discomfort. His thorough explanation of X-rays and potential treatment options provided valuable insights. I would offer my highest commendation in support of Dr. Lawrence. Truly his work is more than the practice of medicine, his is the art of medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
Dr. Lawrence has impacted my life in a profound way. The 2 total knee replacements went amazingly well and ALL of the staff made me feel like I was staying at a 5 star resort. The knee replacements are the 2nd best thing Dr. Lawrence has done for me. The most important way that Dr. Lawrence has impacted my life is giving me the encouragement and kind support to have bariatric surgery. This brought life back to my life! Thank you Dr. Lawrence and all of the wonderful staff for facilitating a gift from above. John
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
Absolutely will recommend Dr Lawrence...Very easy to talk with and a great surgeon. Cares about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
I would definitely recommend Doctor Lawrence to all of my friends and family. I have had both knees replaced by Doctor Lawrence, and he and the whole staff are just amazing. I had an easy recovery and any questions I had after leaving the hospital were answered immediately. I highly recommend this facility.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
Dr. Lawrence and the entire medical team was one of the best health experiences I have had. Dr. Lawrence is an excellent "mechanic" and I use that term in the best possible way... but in addition, his thoroughness of explanation and warm care is so reassuring. I had knee replacement and I am doing extremely well. We are simply blessed to have this health asset in our region. A plus to this team of professionals.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
100% satisfied with Dr. Lawrence, his staff, the facilities. I highly recommend them for knee replacement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
amazing experience Dr. Lawrence not only has a great reputation but he has an extremely warm bedside manner. So down to earth and thorough. He also is active and understands how important it is to the patient to continue to be active and how knee surgery can help attain this. Coulee Region Rock Star!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
I had the good fortune to have had two total knee replacements by Dr. Lawrence. I cannot express the complete confidence I had with him and his team. It is care and precision at its highest level. There are not enough stars for all of them. I have and will continue recommending Dr.Lawrence to anyone needing his services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
When discussing my need for knee replacement surgery with friends and co-workers, I was told repeatedly, "go to Dr. Lawrence, he's the best!" I am 6 weeks post-surgery, and am very pleased with the results and the entire surgical process. I felt like I was always in good hands and received services from a caring staff. I am now pain-free when walking my dog and working in the yard. I am very happy with my new knee and agree that "he's the best!"
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
My experience with Dr. Lawrence was nothing but awesome. His staff from office to hospital was superb. Dr. Lawrence is such a kind and gentle man. You feel his calming presence the minute you meet him. I had both a knee and a hip replacement done and have had great success. Basically pain free. You definitely have to put your own work in at therapy- home and professionally, but he has a great resource to help you do that. Thank you God Bless Dr. Lawrence and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
I am very pleased with my experience over the past year with two revision knee replacements for both knees. Dr. Lawrence and his team are exceptionally skilled in the latest techniques and their patient education component contributed to the good experience. The entire surgical and VMH staff carried out their respective roles seamlessly. Pain management was superb and necessitated very low need for opioids during recovery. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Lawrence's services. Life is too short to spend its in unnecessary pain!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
Superior evaluation preparation for surgery, staff expertise, and follow up. He is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
I recently had a hip replacement and just went through my 6 week review. My experience with Dr. Lawrence, Vernon Memorial Hospital and the entire staff throughout the Clinic and Hospital was exceptional. It was amazing how easy and relaxing the entire process was, the visits, the class was so informative; everyone made asking questions comfortable. Hats off to all - I would recommend Dr. Lawrence and have told many people about the professionalism and care I received.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
An amazing experience. Dr. Lawrence is did a fantastic job with my knee replacement! Within two weeks I was off all opioids, walking without a cane and climbing stairs with ease. Dr. Lawrence is an expert in pain management. I am actually looking forward to having Dr. Lawrence replace my other knee in a few months.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Lawrence?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lawrence treats patients.