Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD
Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Viroqua, WI. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Lawrence is affiliated with Vernon Memorial Healthcare and Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.

Gundersen Health Viroqua Center For Orthopaedic Surgery

407 S Main St

Viroqua, WI 54665

• Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Lawrence

At the Viroqua Center for Orthopaedic Surgery, our team includes Randy Mickelson, P.A.C., Colin Kratochwill, P.A.C.,Kris Brueggen, N.P.,Mary Eitland,R.N., Geri Hall, R.N.,Janet Stalsberg, R.N.,Joyce Storms, R.N., Jennifer Stalsberg, M.A.,Shannon Brudos, M.A, Wende Ghelf,MA , and myself. I am very proud of the orthopaedic program that we have assembled here in Viroqua. Within our rural hospital setting, we have developed a 'state of the art' Orthopaedic Center that utilizes the advanced technolo

Dr. Lawrence's Experience

Dr. Lawrence's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Rotator Cuff Tear

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Joint Replacement and Revision
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Harvard Medical School
  • Loyola University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • National Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Lawrence has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lawrence does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lawrence and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lawrence's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lawrence to family and friends
Dr. Lawrence's Performance
in Sparta, WI |
Had both knees replaced July 24-can't say enough good things about everyone involved in the process. Dr. Lawrence and his whole team did a fantastic job; seven weeks out and I already feel much better than before. Everyone at Vernon Memorial was wonderful; nurses, aides, techs all great. Special thanks to Connie in scheduling, who got me in on a cancellation date when she saw how bad I was walking. I'll be all healed up before my original surgery date. Thanks again to everyone.
Winona |
Dr. Lawrence does amazing work and he and his entire team are very patient oriented. From the top down they are kind, responsive and caring.
in Tomah, WI |
I was totally impressed with the professionalism of Dr Lawrence and his staff, as well has the hospital staff where my surgery took place. I had one knee done and I would not consider going anyplace else to have my other one done. I went to therapy locally and the therapists said, "You must have gone to Dr Lawrence. His patients have less pain and recover faster."
Prairie Du Chien, WI |
I am very happy with my outcome so far, Dr. Lawrence and his staff are great . I could have gotten surgery done sooner at another facility but so many health care people pointed me to Dr. Lawrence that I felt confident in his ability to give me the best chance at a normal life post surgery and I strongly feel the wait was worth it. I don't know how to express how well I was taken care of by all the nurses the Aids and the doctors during my stay in the hospital.
in La Crosse, WI |
Kind,compassionate, professional experience. Dr. Lawrence is excellent in his procedures, knowledge and hands on care. I have had both knees, and left hip replacement done by him and totally feel secure in his expertise. Would and have highly recommend him. Grateful to be a part of his long time care.
in Seneca, WI |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Lawrence to any friends or family members. I feel he is genuinely passionate about his job and especially his patients' care and needs.
in Waukon, Iowa |
I had total knee replacement in April 2017. it has made a huge difference in my life. The pain relief, my leg is no longer bowing out, I no longer wear the leg brace, doing ordinary activities is no longer a struggle!! The only negative aspect is toward the end of therapy I developed pain in my opposite hip,that I'm still having problems with, which I was told was common. Just wish I had been aware of it beforehand. Haven't played Racquet Ball yet but am going to! Thank you Dr Lawrence
in Holmen, WI |
Dr. Lawrence is an excellent physician and has a wonderful bedside personality.
in La Crosse, WI |
Dr. Lawrence explains everything in detail and makes sure you know what to expect from the procedure. He is kind, forthright, and wants you to have the best care from everyone involved in your care not only from himself bu the entire staff. I had revision knee surgery and I am amazed at how well it went and the wonderful care I received. I highly recommend Dr. Lawrence to all my family and friends.
in Hillsboro, WI |
Dr. Lawrence has a reputation of being one of the best in the US, and he lives up to that completely. He has an excellent team working with him, of doctors, nurses, and physical therapists. I can't praise him enough. Six weeks after surgery my knee looks great, feels great, and I am walking all over the small town I live in like someone 40 years younger than I am. I don't own a car; my legs are my transportation, and I get stronger every day.
in Coon Valley, WI |
Dr. Lawrence is a great Dr. I had both hips replaced by Dr. Lawrence and his staff 8 weeks apart. very professional ,kind and truly cares about his patients and staff. People come from all over the country to have joint replacements by him. I was a 2nd generation patient for him. i would recommend Dr. Lawrence to anyone.
in La Crosse, WI |
Dr. Lawrence did my knee replacement surgery in May, 2017. I am so very pleased with the results. Dr. Lawrence and his team were available to answer my questions prior to, during, and after my surgery. Dr. Lawrence and his team, as well as the hospital staff, demonstrated unequalled competence and expertise. Thank you!
in Onalaska, WI |
The professionalism and patient care signs out with the recent experience I had with Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence and the Gundersen Health Viroqua Center in Viroqua, WI. There was complete understanding of what was going to take place and then how it really happened. After the surgery the commitment to the groups about my concerns, questions, etc. stood out. I would recommend anyone needing this type of care to have it done by Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence and the staff there. Excellent, Excellent!!
in Prairie Du Chien, WI |
You can't find a better Dr, surgeon, person. He is so invested in each of his patients not only as a patient but as a person. He makes you feel as though you are the most important person on his schedule, he listens to your questions and responds in language you can understand. His surgical proficiency, success rate and his genuine concern for the well being of every patient speaks volume and is the reason we would NEVER consider seeing any other orthopedic surgeon in the country. Amazing man
in Decorah, IA |
I have had both knees replaced over the past 5 years and received outstanding care in both cases. From the receptionists,nurses,cnas,pt,ot.and other staff members everyone is determined to make sure your stay and recovery is successful. Of course, Dr. Lawrence is number 1 in my book. His skill in the operating room, and care and compassion in his personal interactions, have led to my outstanding results.
Lansing |
Dr Lawrence provides excellent care to his patients. Genuinely wants to help them feel better and get back to an active lifestyle.
in Richland Center, WI |
I rate Dr. Lawrence and all of the members of the orthopaedic group, including nurses, physician's assistant, nurse practitioner, anesthesiologist, physical therapist, scheduler, receptionist, and others with whom we interacted, as excellent. Reba Ahmad
Onalaska, WI |
I am six weeks out from a highly successful total hip replacement, and couldn't be happier with the results. Not only do I recommend Dr. Lawrence and his entire team to friends and acquaintances, I will gladly have my other hip replaced when the time is right. I know I will be in good hands!
Westby, WI |
Well done. Highly recommend!
in Sparta Wi |
My time spent with Dr. Lawrence and staff was very enjoyable. The care I was given was first class no exceptions. I had two surgeries. One on January 6th and the second one on March 6th, 2017. Both surgeries went well. I was informed of the process at all steps of surgery. My pain was well managed and the nursing staff was attentive to my needs. The food was excellent.I would recommend the Dr. staff and hospital to anyone needing orthopedic surgery.
in Sparta, WI |
While under the care of Dr. Lawrence and his staff at Vernon Memorial Hospital there was never a time when I felt like my needs were not being met nor my questions not being answered. In fact, his staff, both before and after surgery made me feel as if they were there exclusively to take care of my needs. My surgery went off without a hitch, and even though I had partial replacement on both knees, I was back to driving my vehicle in two weeks. And, I was only hospitalized for 30 hours.
in Gays Mills, WI |
Dr. Lawrence has again done an excellent job on my right hip as he had done on my left hip six yrs. ago. He and his staff are tops in my book and I have recommended him to others in our community.
in Readstown, WI |
Excellent care. Coming back for the other knee.
in Holmen, WI |
Dr. Lawrence was great to work with. His ability to communicate exactly what to expect was excellent. Smooth surgery and recovery (you get out of it what you put into it). I'm 47 years old and I feel like I can finally do the things I used to do when I was younger. Great decision and would recommend to anyone.
in Westby, WI |
I have already recommended Dr. Lawrence to anyone with joint problems. My experience was top notch. I had not had any surgery of any kind so was very apprehensive on all aspects of this procedure. Dr. Lawrence was excellent on giving me all the education I needed to calm me and directed me to his website as well with more information. I feel very blessed as I had a bi-lateral total knee replacement and was able to return to work at 6 weeks. Thank you Dr. Lawrence!
in Marquette, IA |
The entire staff from registering to hospital care to follow -up appointments were handled with respect, care and answering all questions.
in Winona, MN |
I had two knees done by Dr Lawrence, done at seperate times and my experiance If I had more knees he would definitly be the one to do them. I enjoyed his polite conversations at appointments. His staff is downright good people with good humor and they know their job responsibilities, they took good personal care of me. My surjuries went good with no issues, and I remain confident if an unforseen matter showed up.
in Westby, WI |
Dr. Lawrence replaced both knees for me 8 years ago, and with the very best results. When my right hip caused pain, there was no other surgeon for me. He and the staff at Vernon Memorial Hospital are tops. Dr. Jeff takes time to listen to my questions and concerns, and explains every procedure in terms that I can understand. He has my recommendation!
in Postville, IA |
Dr. Lawrence is definitely one of a kind doctor. I had a total knee replacement-which turned out great, along with this, my other foot was stepped on by a cow. I couldn't get in to see a foot doctor for 2-3 weeks. We told Dr. Lawrence about it, within 2 minutes he looked at it. Afterwards I told a nurse close by he didn't have to do that. She said Dr. Lawrence goes above and beyond for his patients. I felt that every time we met with him. Thank you to Dr. Lawrence and his staff.
in Postville, Iowa |
Dr.Lawrence is definitely one of a kind doctor. I had a total knee replacement -which turned out great, along with this, my other foot was stepped on by a cow. I couldn't get into see a foot doctor for 2-3 weeks. We told Dr. Lawrence about it, within 2 minutes he looked at it. Afterwards I told a nurse close by he didn't have to do that. She said Dr. Lawrence goes above and beyond for his patients. I felt that every time we met with him. Thank you to Dr. Lawrence and to his wonderful staff.
in Viroqua, WI 54665 |
The care I received from the Dr. Lawrence group was wonderful. So much care in such a little city. My only complaint is as a Vernon County resident, it takes so long to get to see Dr. Lawrence, but other than that the staff and PT were wonderful and I am so glad to have such good support close to home. PS. I had a total knee replacement. UGH! You got to do your home PT on this!!!
in LaCrescent, MN |
I would highly recommend Dr. Lawrence to anyone requiring hip or knee surgery. He is truly skilled at his craft and he gave me back the ability to walk again without major pain and allowed me to return to a very active outdoor lifestyle . Thank you, Jeffery!! Office environment was clean and comfortable. Staff were great. My trust in Dr. Lawrence was very high and he explained problems and corrective procedures very well. Even through it was a prolonged time to get into see him, it was worth it!
in Elkader, IA |
Had both knees replaced at the same time in 2014 and a hip in 2017. The whole experience at the Viroqua facility couldn't have been better. Should give a "6 star " rating to Dr. Lawrence and the entire staff. Outcome exceeded my expectations!
in Oelwein, IA |
Dr Lawrence is a rare combination of brilliance as a surgeon and a compassionate bedside manner. I had excellent results with my hip replacement surgery and a short rehab time. I always felt welcomed at his office and he explained everything in an easy to understand way. Definitely one of the best doctors in the country.
Viroqua, WI |
Considering I had major surgery six weeks ago and now I am back at work - full time and pain free attests to the quality of care I received. Dr. Lawrence is knowledgeable, professional and compassionate. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.
in La Crescent, MN |
Everything was A+++ from smallest detail to stay at guest house for my spouse. The four hour pre surgery meeting was superior. All involved were very informative and meeting was very necessary. Thank you
in Wisconsin |
My experience with Dr. Lawrence and his staff solving my hip problem was better than anything I could have ever expected. Dr. Lawrence is professional and easy to talk to. Everything that he said would happen, happened. Pain control was perfect. The pre-surgery meeting explained everything that I would need to purchase for home and hospital rehabilitation. The hospital staff and physical therapists new exactly how to give me post-operative care. I highly recommend Gunderson/Luthran Viroqua.
La Crosse, WI |
Dr.Lawrence is the best. He takes the time needed to answer your questions. He is easy to talk to.
in DeSoto, Wi |
I am so happy to that I got Dr.Lawrence for my knee surgery. I have always heard good things about him. He did my Mom's knee surgery many years ago. I was a little nervous about doing both knees at the same time, but I am so happy with how it turned out. Everyone on his staff was great, very caring , and always on top of everthing. We are so lucky to have such a great surgeon in Vernon County.
in La Crosse, WI |
We are so thankful for Dr. Lawrence with my husbands knee replacement. He is exceptionally skilled and so compassionate and caring. We found him to be excellent in his care in every way and expects that from his staff as well. And it truly shows with them all. It was very inspiring to be so well taken care of. My husband has his life back and we are so happy with the results.
in Viroqua, WI |
Wow! What a difference! In and out in 4 days. Therapy for6 weeks. BANG-BANG, out and running. Well, not quite, but darn close. THANKYOU!!
in LaCrosse, WI |
I hope everyones experience is as good as mine. Dr. Lawrence and his whole team were there for me and very supportive and professional through the whole process of three joint replacements. They clearly indicated what they could do for me, what it would take on my part, and then delivered on their end of it. I believe my outcome was as good as it was because we became a team. They did what they do best and I did my part (pre surgery weight loss/cardio and post surgery rehab.)
in Lacrosse WI |
His surgery was so perfect and fast just the way he explained it the first visit. I was up right away and now I have no pain and the tiniest scar (and I'm 80). He is the best with a great team and Vernon Hospital is the most caring place to be. That was only 6 weeks ago and I am good for another 20 years.
in Prairie du Chien , Wi |
I found Dr. Lawrence to be very caring and good with his information about the procedure. His methods were very current and, it seemed to me, to be always striving for an even better procedure. I never once felt crazy asking questions or voicing my various concerns. He was always very respectful to my concerns. I would, and have, recommended him for knee problems.
in Viola ,WI |
Dr. Lawrence was committed to making my life better with my hip replacement. All my questions and concerns were addressed from my pre-op exam through my post-op consultation. The result of my hip replacement surgery has exceeded my expectations.
in Winona, MN |
I have so much respect for this fantastic Doctor AND his staff. He treated my husband and myself with a lot of respect, concern and Genuine care. I had both of by knees replaced this fall at separate times and was quite nervous. Dr. Lawrence was very thorough with exams, explanations, answered questions. He is very calming! I felt like what we had to say mattered, I felt like there were no incorrect questions. Dr. Lawrence, his staff & hospital staff - all great caring people. Thank you!!
in Monona, Iowa |
Dr. Lawrence did both of my knee surgeries last year, one in July and one in October. Both of them extremely successful. The pain is gone. Dr. Lawrence is the best and I would recommend anyone looking to have a knee replacement to go to this wonderful doctor. He is not only a great doctor but you will be hard pressed to find a better, more compassionate person. I am so grateful to both him and the staff.
in Viroqua, WI |
Dr.Lawrence is a caring, compassionate physician, extremely skilled in his field. Even though working in a small rural hospital, I would rank him as one of the top orthopedic surgeons in the US. Dr. Lawrence has developed a health care team of Physician Assistants, nurses, and Physical Therapists that are among the best, helping bring you thru to a great outcome. At six weeks from a total knee replacement today, I have full mobility and range of motion and no pain, A++ Thank you, Dr. Lawrence.
in Viroqua, WI |
Felt very fortunate to have been scheduled with Dr. Lawrence as quickly as I did. Dr. Lawrence and his staff guided me through the process very well. In less than two months, I am walking pain free and have greater flexibility than prior to surgery. Many thanks to Dr. Lawrence and his excellent staff!
in Lansing, IA |
In October of 2016 Dr. Lawrence did my left knee (partial). I woke up the next morning with a clear head and little-if any-pain. I couldn't believe it! I thought can this be true? It WAS TRUE and my Physical Therapy and recovery were excellent. On Monday I had surgery, Tuesday I went home and Wednesday I was in my shop doing what I like to do. Thank you Dr. Lawrence and the entire staff at VMH and clinic.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence, MD?
Are you Dr. Lawrence?