Dr. Jeffrey M. Lawrence, MD

Dr. Jeffrey M. Lawrence, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 55 years old

At the Viroqua Center for Orthopaedic Surgery, our team includes Randy Mickelson, P.A.C., Colin Kratochwill, P.A.C.,Kris Brueggen, N.P.,Mary Eitland,R.N., Geri Hall, R.N.,Janet Stalsberg, R.N.,Joyce Storms, R.N., Jennifer Stalsberg, M.A.,Shannon Brudos, M.A, Wende Ghelf,MA , and myself. I am very proud of the orthopaedic program that we have assembled here in Viroqua. Within our rural hospital setting, we have developed a 'state of the art' Orthopaedic Center that utilizes the advanced technoloRead more

Dr. Lawrence's Experience

See how Dr. Lawrence's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lawrence

Dr. Lawrence accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Lawrence has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Lawrence's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lawrence to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Lawrence
Dr. Lawrence's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (180)
in Viroqua, WI |
Very thorough, professional and surgery was a success. Staff was friendly and professional. Would definitely recommend him.
I would recommend Dr. Lawrence and his team to anyone that was interested in having their knee replaced. They have a very specific agenda on pre-care, surgery and post care. The care that I received by the entire staff at the hospital was excellent. I have my active life back due to this knee replacement thanks to Dr. Lawrence and his team!
in Rochester, MN |
I really appreciated the professionalism & kindness of Dr. Lawrence and his Team!!!! I was very nervous knowing I would be undergoing hip replacement surgery. Dr. Lawrence & his Team calmed my fears prior to surgery by doing an excellent job of explaining the details & risks of the procedure. The Team was always cordial & was very helpful answering my questions in a timely manner! I am extremely satisfied with my decision to have Dr. Lawrence perform my surgery & thankful for their help!!!!
in Amherst Wi |
Dr. Lawrence did a wonderful job redoing Dave's knee replacement. He has much greater mobility now and he is so grateful. The whole team works well together and they are part of the success.
in Waucoma, Iowa |
Bob really enjoyed all of you. You all treated him with respect. If ever needs surgery again he will be back. We brag all of you up to our family and friends.
in Winona, MN |
I found Dr Lawrence after having a "not so great" knee replacement elsewhere. He listened to me, believed me and checked things out. He found that I had issues and is "re-replacing the knee". The original surgeon sent me to the "pain clinic" to learn how to deal with my pain indefininately instead of fixing the problem. Dr Lawrence and his staff is top notch and caring. Not just a number on a chart. Highly recommend him.
in La Crosse, WI |
Very personable. Engaged listner. Dedicated to patients and their recovery and care.
in Decorah, IA |
Dr Lawrence was very though about everything that was going to happen during and after surgery. I watched and am very glad I did. The surgery team was like a very tight family with great respect for each other. After surgery my stay in the hospital was wonderful . My return visits have all been very helpful and answered all my questions. Thanks to all of you for great job on my new knees.
in La Crosse, WI |
Hip surgery was a success; I can walk without pain. I recommend Dr. Lawrence, he is an excellent surgeon.
in Luana, Iowa |
Our experience with Dr. Lawrence, staff and care at the clinic and in the hospital was exceptional. I needed a total knee replacement and was quite hesitant for surgery until the pain was so bad, that it was my only option. Dr. Lawrence explained everything in great detail and by the time surgery was scheduled, I was more than ready. "Thank you to Dr. Lawrence & the Gunderson Lutheran Hospital of Viroqua for a successful outcome!"
in Marquette, IA |
Dr. Lawrence is very congenial and makes you feel very comfortable and at ease. Compassionate and caring.
in Decorah, Iowa |
Dr. Lawrence performed a double knee replacement on my knees in August of this year (2016). His team was amazing. Both of my knees are healing nicely and I am very pleased with the results. I am from Decorah, Iowa and will be singing his praises to everyone that asks about my double knee replacement.
in Viola, WI |
Dr. Lawrence is an excellent surgeon and we are very privileged to have him in our small Wisconsin community. My surgery was a great success and every person I dealt with on the staff and in the offices was friendly, professional, and extremely responsive to my needs and questions.
in Rushford, MN |
I am very pleased that I chose Dr. Lawrence to perform my total knee replacement surgery. He is a kind, considerate and very talented surgeon. I was able to get back to my normal activities two weeks after surgery including riding my road bike. I would highly recommend Dr. Lawrence to anyone. He is the best!
in Ferryville, WI |
His whole program is so patient friendly. Everyone is so there for the patient. I have never been treated like this before in a clinic or hospital. And, things are very organized. The education is great. PT/OT were great at getting the most out of me, really pushing me, but always encouraging me. From the moment I walked in the door to be admitted until I was discharged, I was very impressed. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The room was immaculate. The food was excellent. Thanks.
in Monona, IA |
I would recommend this doctor to others because of my success, his reputation, and he is one of the politest doctors I have been around.
in La Crosse, WI |
Dr. Lawrence is very skilled, thorough, caring, trustworthy, attentive to details and a true master at replacing joints. He came highly recommended. After our first meeting, I knew that Dr. Lawrence would give me the best possible care that I was looking for. I was so appreciate that Dr. Lawrence took the time to answer my questions. His bedside manners are impeccable. I am very thankful that Dr. Lawrence did my total knee replacement surgery!
in Caledonia, MN |
He seems to take a personal interest in my life. He speaks to me, looking me in the eye. I like that. I feel he wants the best outcome for his patient.
in Elgin, Iowa |
Dr. Lawrence is a talented and precise surgeon who takes justifiable pride in his work. He is upfront about the procedure and the outcome. You have the responsibility of doing the exercises , eating well and voicing your concerns. Having said those things, Dr. Lawrence is compassionate and caring. He gives you his undivided attention and listens carefully to your concerns. Your joy in recovery is his joy! He is a great surgeon and an equally great gentleman.
in Eau Claire, WI |
Dr. Lawrence performed a right total knee replacement for me in 2011. I already had the left knee replaced and my right hip replaced elsewhere. My experience was amazing with Dr. Lawrence!! My surgery in Viroqua went SO much smoother than my other experiences.
in Bangor, WI. |
My experience with doctor Lawrence was very positive. His staff, along with the entire facility was friendly and professional. I would strongly recommend Dr. Lawrence to anyone who may be in need of joint replacement. After seeing Dr. Lawrence and finding out they could help with my bad hip I was already pleased. I had seen a P.A. in the Onalaska clinic and was told I would have to wait until I was older to get help.
in Decorah, IA |
My experience with Dr. Lawrence was excellent. I had a knee replacement done by Dr. Wolfsberg in Decorah that was an absolute disaster. Dr. Lawrence took out the original parts and did a new replacement. I could not be happier with the results! It's the first time I've been pain free in several years. I am SO grateful to Dr. Lawrence!!
in Wonewoc, WI |
Feel that he is one of the best. He treats you like he really cares about your needs. He explains everything thoroughly, is very reassuring and friendly.
in Gays Mills, WI |
He is courteous, direct, gives all information to the patient for the patient to make a decision on what course of action to take. He is friendly, intelligent, and has a good sense of humor. He listens well to the patient.
in Monona, IA |
Everything seemed to run so smoothly that it was a breeze.
in Eastman, WI |
Excellent surgeon. Positive experience from the pre-op until the post op.
in Blue River, WI |
VERY PERSONABLE AND CAPABLE
in Sparta, WI |
Dr. Lawrence is one of the most skilled in his specialty. He has a very personal approach and always demonstrated high concern for my welfare. He took time to explain to me what was going to occur with the hip replacement I was having and answered all my questions. This was the 2nd hip he operated on for me and I chose him over others both times. We are very fortunate to have a doctor of his skill in our area.
in Prairie Du Chien, WI |
Excellent one on one with DR. Lawrence. His explanation of the surgery to be done was easy to understand and his team that works with him were excellent with my health and well being. Would be glad to recommend to anybody that needs assistance with there care.
in La Crosse, WI |
i would certainly recommend Dr. Lawrence and his staff to anyone suffering knee, hip, or shoulder concerns. My outcome was more than I had hoped for. The care, kindness, and professionalism was outstanding.
in Guttenberg, IA |
I just had my knee replaced with Dr. Lawrence 2 months ago, and I have done absolutely great in my recovery. I can bend and straighten my knee farther than I have in 10 years, and I walk twice a day. Dr. Lawrence is an excellent surgeon and has a kind and gentle bedside manner. Any questions or concerns I have had were immediately answered by him or his staff, and I am 100% happy with my outcome. He was worth driving 1 1/2 hours for!
in La Crosse, WI |
Preparation before the knee surgery was excellent. Dr. Lawrence is a top notch doctor who puts his patients first. I highly recommend him to anyone considering knee surgery!
in LaCrosse, WI |
Everything from beginning to end was a first class operation (pun intended) with Dr. Lawrence and his team. I experienced little to no pain after the operation, and graduated physical therapy two weeks early with the grade of the top 1/2 of 1% of knee surgery recipients.
in West Salem , WI |
I am a 36 year old female athlete who pounded on my knees daily playing sports. After 2 ACL grafts, meniscus repair, cortisone and synvisc shots i was ready to have a knee replacement. For 2 years i have not been able to walk a mile, hike, bike, swim, or play sports. I am 7 weeks out after my total knee replacement and i have already gone for several walks, bike rides, batting cages, i can squat again and swim. I am so thrilled with my fast recovery and cant wait to see what the future holds.
in Melrose, WI |
Excellent care from doctor and staff
in West Union, IA |
He always treated me with respect. My concerns and questions mattered to him. He is very personable and professional. He is always available to you. My outcome mattered to him as much as it mattered to me.
in Parkersburg, IA |
He replaced 3 total joints for me over the last 3 years
in Eastman, wi |
Fantastic!,,,
in Soldiers Grove, WI |
Excellent surgeon with years of experience performing knee and hip replacement. Great bedside manner and great staff. Dr Lawrence and his staff have a very low post operative infection rate, likely due to the pre operative education, precautions during surgery and post operative care. I had total hip replacement of both hips about two months apart - I cannot speak highly enough about the experience.
in Waverly, IA |
Great experience. Explained the problem with my hip and the procedure to take care of the problem very well. Very professional and yet personal at the same time.
in LACROSSE, WI. |
WONDERFUL
in Tomah, WI |
I personally feel that Dr. Lawrence is a very down-to-earth gentleman. He is easy to talk with, he is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his profession!! A surgeon who is definitely concerned about your overall well being. Thank You Dr. Lawrence for making my quality of life MUCH more enjoyable !!
in Holmen, WI |
Experience with Dr. Lawrence was excellent. Surgery went very well and the follow-up tremendous.
in Winona, MN |
Dr. Lawrence is an excellent doctor. Very caring for his patients and their families. I would highly recommend Dr. Lawrence for a knee replacement.
in Viroqua, WI |
Dr Lawrence has combined a true total care package,something other places try to do, but rarely achieve. From the first appointment, to the teaching classes,surgery, fantastic PT-OT department his program is top notch. My husband has had 2 knee & 1 hip replacement surgeries & we are thankful Dr Lawrence and VMH Have been here for us.
in La Crosse, WI |
Dr Lawrence listens to you and answers all your questions. He is a very easy person to talk to .not intimidating at all. A wonderful bedside manner.
in Onalaska, WI |
The entire team was very helpful, kind, sincere, the whole way through. The only concern I have is I would have liked more info on the pain medication. The weaning time was not pleasant. But overall, everything went great. Thanks!
in Tomah, WI |
Dr Lawrence was highly recommended when my husband needed a total knee. We liked and trusted him immediately. He takes his time. He explores options. Very open in discussions. He has put together a very impressive program. Our experience was positive largely because the program is well thought out and exacting without feeling conveyor. He adapts and changes his program based on science and new developments in medicine to get better results, easier recoveries and more patient comfort. Impressive.
in Prairie Du Chien, Wi |
Dr Lawrence is very knowledgeable and caring about his Orthopedic business. We are so glad to have had him doing the surgery on our disabled brother.
in Decorah, IA |
Dr Lawrence & his staff were excellent during both of my knee replacements. Dec 2015 & Feb 2016. He was very good to explain procedures and what to expect. Very personable & friendly, making sure we were well taken care of.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey M. Lawrence, MD?
Are you Dr. Lawrence?

Compare Dr. Lawrence

Dr. Lawrence's Care Philosophy

Dr. Lawrence's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Wisconsin not available

Dr. Lawrence has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lawrence's Board Certifications

• Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pseudoarthrosis
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Rotator Cuff Tear

National Hospital

Completed in 1993

Harvard Medical School

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Lawrence does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lawrence and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Joint Replacement and Revision
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.