Dr. Jeffrey M. Lawrence, MD

Dr. Jeffrey M. Lawrence, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Gundersen Lutheran Viroqua Clinic 407 S Main St, Viroqua, WI 54665 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

At the Viroqua Center for Orthopaedic Surgery, our team includes Randy Mickelson, P.A.C., Colin Kratochwill, P.A.C.,Kris Brueggen, N.P.,Mary Eitland,R.N., Geri Hall, R.N.,Janet Stalsberg, R.N.,Joyce Storms, R.N., Jennifer Stalsberg, M.A.,Shannon Brudos, M.A, Wende Ghelf,MA , and myself. I am very proud of the orthopaedic program that we have assembled here in Viroqua. Within our rural hospital setting, we have developed a 'state of the art' Orthopaedic Center that utilizes the advanced technoloRead more

Dr. Lawrence's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Lawrence's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lawrence

Dr. Lawrence accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Lawrence has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Lawrence's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lawrence to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Lawrence
Dr. Lawrence's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (165)
in Rushford, MN |
I am very pleased that I chose Dr. Lawrence to perform my total knee replacement surgery. He is a kind, considerate and very talented surgeon. I was able to get back to my normal activities two weeks after surgery including riding my road bike. I would highly recommend Dr. Lawrence to anyone. He is the best!
in Ferryville, WI |
His whole program is so patient friendly. Everyone is so there for the patient. I have never been treated like this before in a clinic or hospital. And, things are very organized. The education is great. PT/OT were great at getting the most out of me, really pushing me, but always encouraging me. From the moment I walked in the door to be admitted until I was discharged, I was very impressed. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The room was immaculate. The food was excellent. Thanks.
in Monona, IA |
I would recommend this doctor to others because of my success, his reputation, and he is one of the politest doctors I have been around.
in La Crosse, WI |
Dr. Lawrence is very skilled, thorough, caring, trustworthy, attentive to details and a true master at replacing joints. He came highly recommended. After our first meeting, I knew that Dr. Lawrence would give me the best possible care that I was looking for. I was so appreciate that Dr. Lawrence took the time to answer my questions. His bedside manners are impeccable. I am very thankful that Dr. Lawrence did my total knee replacement surgery!
in Caledonia, MN |
He seems to take a personal interest in my life. He speaks to me, looking me in the eye. I like that. I feel he wants the best outcome for his patient.
in Elgin, Iowa |
Dr. Lawrence is a talented and precise surgeon who takes justifiable pride in his work. He is upfront about the procedure and the outcome. You have the responsibility of doing the exercises , eating well and voicing your concerns. Having said those things, Dr. Lawrence is compassionate and caring. He gives you his undivided attention and listens carefully to your concerns. Your joy in recovery is his joy! He is a great surgeon and an equally great gentleman.
in Eau Claire, WI |
Dr. Lawrence performed a right total knee replacement for me in 2011. I already had the left knee replaced and my right hip replaced elsewhere. My experience was amazing with Dr. Lawrence!! My surgery in Viroqua went SO much smoother than my other experiences.
in Bangor, WI. |
My experience with doctor Lawrence was very positive. His staff, along with the entire facility was friendly and professional. I would strongly recommend Dr. Lawrence to anyone who may be in need of joint replacement. After seeing Dr. Lawrence and finding out they could help with my bad hip I was already pleased. I had seen a P.A. in the Onalaska clinic and was told I would have to wait until I was older to get help.
in Decorah, IA |
My experience with Dr. Lawrence was excellent. I had a knee replacement done by Dr. Wolfsberg in Decorah that was an absolute disaster. Dr. Lawrence took out the original parts and did a new replacement. I could not be happier with the results! It's the first time I've been pain free in several years. I am SO grateful to Dr. Lawrence!!
in Wonewoc, WI |
Feel that he is one of the best. He treats you like he really cares about your needs. He explains everything thoroughly, is very reassuring and friendly.
in Gays Mills, WI |
He is courteous, direct, gives all information to the patient for the patient to make a decision on what course of action to take. He is friendly, intelligent, and has a good sense of humor. He listens well to the patient.
in Monona, IA |
Everything seemed to run so smoothly that it was a breeze.
in Eastman, WI |
Excellent surgeon. Positive experience from the pre-op until the post op.
in Blue River, WI |
VERY PERSONABLE AND CAPABLE
in Sparta, WI |
Dr. Lawrence is one of the most skilled in his specialty. He has a very personal approach and always demonstrated high concern for my welfare. He took time to explain to me what was going to occur with the hip replacement I was having and answered all my questions. This was the 2nd hip he operated on for me and I chose him over others both times. We are very fortunate to have a doctor of his skill in our area.
in Prairie Du Chien, WI |
Excellent one on one with DR. Lawrence. His explanation of the surgery to be done was easy to understand and his team that works with him were excellent with my health and well being. Would be glad to recommend to anybody that needs assistance with there care.
in La Crosse, WI |
i would certainly recommend Dr. Lawrence and his staff to anyone suffering knee, hip, or shoulder concerns. My outcome was more than I had hoped for. The care, kindness, and professionalism was outstanding.
in Guttenberg, IA |
I just had my knee replaced with Dr. Lawrence 2 months ago, and I have done absolutely great in my recovery. I can bend and straighten my knee farther than I have in 10 years, and I walk twice a day. Dr. Lawrence is an excellent surgeon and has a kind and gentle bedside manner. Any questions or concerns I have had were immediately answered by him or his staff, and I am 100% happy with my outcome. He was worth driving 1 1/2 hours for!
in La Crosse, WI |
Preparation before the knee surgery was excellent. Dr. Lawrence is a top notch doctor who puts his patients first. I highly recommend him to anyone considering knee surgery!
in LaCrosse, WI |
Everything from beginning to end was a first class operation (pun intended) with Dr. Lawrence and his team. I experienced little to no pain after the operation, and graduated physical therapy two weeks early with the grade of the top 1/2 of 1% of knee surgery recipients.
in West Salem , WI |
I am a 36 year old female athlete who pounded on my knees daily playing sports. After 2 ACL grafts, meniscus repair, cortisone and synvisc shots i was ready to have a knee replacement. For 2 years i have not been able to walk a mile, hike, bike, swim, or play sports. I am 7 weeks out after my total knee replacement and i have already gone for several walks, bike rides, batting cages, i can squat again and swim. I am so thrilled with my fast recovery and cant wait to see what the future holds.
in Melrose, WI |
Excellent care from doctor and staff
in West Union, IA |
He always treated me with respect. My concerns and questions mattered to him. He is very personable and professional. He is always available to you. My outcome mattered to him as much as it mattered to me.
in Parkersburg, IA |
He replaced 3 total joints for me over the last 3 years
in Eastman, wi |
Fantastic!,,,
in Soldiers Grove, WI |
Excellent surgeon with years of experience performing knee and hip replacement. Great bedside manner and great staff. Dr Lawrence and his staff have a very low post operative infection rate, likely due to the pre operative education, precautions during surgery and post operative care. I had total hip replacement of both hips about two months apart - I cannot speak highly enough about the experience.
in Waverly, IA |
Great experience. Explained the problem with my hip and the procedure to take care of the problem very well. Very professional and yet personal at the same time.
in LACROSSE, WI. |
WONDERFUL
in Tomah, WI |
I personally feel that Dr. Lawrence is a very down-to-earth gentleman. He is easy to talk with, he is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his profession!! A surgeon who is definitely concerned about your overall well being. Thank You Dr. Lawrence for making my quality of life MUCH more enjoyable !!
in Holmen, WI |
Experience with Dr. Lawrence was excellent. Surgery went very well and the follow-up tremendous.
in Winona, MN |
Dr. Lawrence is an excellent doctor. Very caring for his patients and their families. I would highly recommend Dr. Lawrence for a knee replacement.
in Viroqua, WI |
Dr Lawrence has combined a true total care package,something other places try to do, but rarely achieve. From the first appointment, to the teaching classes,surgery, fantastic PT-OT department his program is top notch. My husband has had 2 knee & 1 hip replacement surgeries & we are thankful Dr Lawrence and VMH Have been here for us.
in La Crosse, WI |
Dr Lawrence listens to you and answers all your questions. He is a very easy person to talk to .not intimidating at all. A wonderful bedside manner.
in Onalaska, WI |
The entire team was very helpful, kind, sincere, the whole way through. The only concern I have is I would have liked more info on the pain medication. The weaning time was not pleasant. But overall, everything went great. Thanks!
in Tomah, WI |
Dr Lawrence was highly recommended when my husband needed a total knee. We liked and trusted him immediately. He takes his time. He explores options. Very open in discussions. He has put together a very impressive program. Our experience was positive largely because the program is well thought out and exacting without feeling conveyor. He adapts and changes his program based on science and new developments in medicine to get better results, easier recoveries and more patient comfort. Impressive.
in Prairie Du Chien, Wi |
Dr Lawrence is very knowledgeable and caring about his Orthopedic business. We are so glad to have had him doing the surgery on our disabled brother.
in Decorah, IA |
Dr Lawrence & his staff were excellent during both of my knee replacements. Dec 2015 & Feb 2016. He was very good to explain procedures and what to expect. Very personable & friendly, making sure we were well taken care of.
in Viroqua, WI |
What an amazingly professional and thorough experience from diagnosis through post-surgery rehabilitation. Dr. Lawrence and his team care about the entire patient experience and think of every last detail to make sure that experience is excellent.
Compassionate, concerned, well educated
in La Crosse, WI |
He was personable, kind, and thorough as he met with us to decide what was the best option for my hip problems.
in Decorah, IA |
He's fantastic, couldn't be happier with results
in Winona, MN |
I have had a lot of surgery at other hospitals and this is the best I have ever had. This is as through and complete as I have ever seen. The entire team is the best. I had Dr Lawrence put a new knee in place for me and following just what he told me it is perfect. I have recommended him to many already being I just had my surgery on 2/2/16. It is my plan to have a new hip in February of 2/17. I thank Dr Lawrence for all he has done for me. This is a lot of work. ?? Jim Reisdorf Winona MN. JR
in Onalaska, WI |
Dr. Lawrence cares about quality of life before, during, and after treatment.
in Gays Mills, WI |
I was referred to dr. Lawrence thru kvmc where I was seen for hip pain. I had confidence in dr. Lawrence since he had taken care of my sons emergency( of shattered knee). I had many worries since I had never had any surgery before, he answered all my questions and made me feel very comfortable. I may need other hip done and I wouldn't want anyone else....
in Prairie du Chien, WI. |
Easy access, highly recommended, friendly, caring, very skilled, good results
in West Salem, WI |
Dr. Lawrence's explanation about my hip surgery was thorough and easy for me to understand. He answered all my questions and encouraged me to call at anytime to ask more questions. He has a stellar reputation in this area, and from our first meeting, I felt as though I was in the hands of a wonderful surgeon and a very friendly, approachable person.
in Postville, IA |
Dr. Lawrence is very knowledgeable, personable, patient and caring. He always has time to answer any questions the patient might have. Plus, he's an excellent surgeon!
in Onalaska, WI |
Dr Lawrence is a highly skilled orthopedic surgeon who is a kind, caring individual. He treats you like you are the only patient he is treating. he is so personable and sincere. He wants to help everyone improve their quality of life. I would highly recommend him to anyone. The facility is state of the art and the care you receive is excellent!!!. We are so lucky to have him so close to where we live.
in West Salem, WI |
Dr. Lawrence is the most caring Doctor and surgeon I have had in my entire 66 years. He has all the qualities of someone I want to care for me. Empathy, Respect, Thoroughness, Good communication and the expertise to give me many quality years. The waiting rooms are clean and he staff and nurses go out of there way to make you comfortable. I am extremely happy that I chose VMH and Dr. Lawrence.
in Westby, WI |
Dr. Jeffrey Lawrence is one of the most caring Dr.'s I've ever had in all my medical experiences. He is not only an excellent M.D., but he is also a honest and sincere individual. His bedside manner is truly concern for his patients. I had a hip replacement, a hip revision, and a total knee replacement and after all three surgeries, I do not have one complaint. On the contrary, I would highly recommend him to anyone (and I have) needing these types of surgeries.
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey M. Lawrence, MD?
Are you Dr. Lawrence?