Dr. Jeffrey Knapp, MD

Dr. Jeffrey Knapp, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Jeffrey Knapp, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Hickory, NC. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

214 18th St SE

Hickory, NC 28602

Learn about Dr. Knapp

See how frequently Dr. Knapp performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Knapp's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Virginia Tech
  • Pennsylvania State Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Dallas Spine Group
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Knapp has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Knapp does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Knapp and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Knapp's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Knapp to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Knapp's Performance
in Hickory North Carolina |
I would highly recommend Dr Knapp! He knows what he's doing!
Hickory, NC |
Dr Knapp was attentive and informative, listened and answered my questions.
HICKORY |
I accompanied my 79-year old mother to several of her appointments stemming from a compression fracture to her ribs.. After the recommended "cement" surgery, not only did she not get relief but actually lost several inches in height.. After giving it time, she went back still in pain and Dr. Knapp told both her and my dad that he had done all he could do except send her to a pain clinic. She's now seeing a spine specialist in Winston-Salem. Charged us $27.00 to give us her x-rays.
in Hudson, NC |
Dr. Knapp is a awesome surgeon. He has got my back feeling better than it has ever felt. I recommend anybody that has back problems to come see Dr. Knapp because he could fix them for them. He get an A++++++++++++ from me.
in Newton, NC |
Very professional. Not a conversationist but that's ok. He's a surgeon not a family practice doctor. Came in, ask questions pertaining to my condition then review my MRI. Came back it and told me what was the issue was and how he was going to correct it. 2nd visit, which was pre-op. I had some questions and he answered them. What else did I need. His staff did all the chit chatting for him. He was focused. I liked that.
in Hickory |
I saw Dr.Knapp yesterday and was very pleased. Another ortho doc, told me my pain wasn't in my knee, it was in my back....so I saw Dr.Knapp, and he confirmed my thought, that it wasn't my back, it was my knee...was very attentive, and hit the nail on the head.... I would highly recommend him....
in Hickory, NC |
I have seen Dr. Knapp several times over the years and have always been treated well by his staff and him. I have always left his office feeling secure about his ability to fix my spinal issues! Dr. Knapp has a great personality and would highly recommend him as an orthopedic surgeon.
in Sherrills Ford, NC |
This was my first visit to OrthoCarolina. I was a little apprehensive being I did not know much about them. I must say I have a very good experience and would recommend others to Ortho Carolina
Denver, NC |
I've had many spine surgeries before moving to the Hickory area. Dr Knapp wasn't quick to recommend another surgery without first trying all other options. As far as his personality, he ranks up there with some of the best I've seen. People in this field of medicine aren't known for glowing personality. Which is fine by me. If I want someone to talk to ill call a friend.
in Hickory, NC |
So rude and condescending. He was yelling at all the staff and nurses while I was in my room waiting for him to come see me. Didn't spend any time with me, and the few words he did say weren't nice or helpful. Didn't ask if I had any questions either. I would not return to see this person. He's definitely not a "caregiver."
in Lincolnton, NC |
I have had 2 back surgerys last one by Knapp and yes I left out Dr for a reason he told me I need to change jobs so I did then 6 months later same issue with my back I went back to him WHY I hell I did I don't know why but he tells me insurance will probably not pay for MRI so I go to Dr bias my regular Dr next door he ordered me an MRI so in I'm mean time I had laser spine institute look at my MRI they say disc was on nerve worse then my first MRI injury I went back to Knapp he saidno avoid
in Hickory, NC |
Dr. Knapp has zero personal skills. I have seen him before and seen hints of this, but today he was an hour late, he spent less than 5 minutes with me, informing me I need surgery, but getting irritated with me when i tried to make notes about the surgery. I don't care how many degrees this guy has, he is too full of himself, and does not care about patient care. Find someone else, there are plenty of good doctors out there!
in Hickory, NC |
Dr Knapp reviewed my medical records. He waisted no Timefixing my problem.
in Hickory, NC |
Very thoughtful and kind. Took the time to explain and show me what was causing my pain. Put a plan in place to help me finally get some relief. Thanks be to God I was seen very quickly.
in Hickory nc |
He asked me what was wrong. When I started to tell him, even though I had proof of my spinal injuries, he cut me off and told me I just needed to lose weight. That that was all that was wrong with me. When I have had several doctors tell me I had degenerative disc disease due to a fractured spine several years earlier. He is a condescending jerk and I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Knapp, MD?
Are you Dr. Knapp?